Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 102 of 232 < 1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 231 232 >
Topic Options
#1975772 - 10/19/12 02:51 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Toastie Offline

Loc: UK
I've even made up a little song.

It goes like this:

Piano, lovely piano, tomorrow you will be mine.

I need to do sensible things like print off maps and make notes, but I am incapable of this right now. Too busy hopping around and trying not to vomit.
Grade 1 Sight Reading - finished
Grade 1 Exam Pieces
Grade 1 Scales
The Easy Piano Collection Classical Gold
Yamaha U3

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1975774 - 10/19/12 02:53 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Toastie]
Toastie Offline

How am I going to sleep tonight? Is what I am wondering right now...
Grade 1 Exam Pieces
Grade 1 Scales
Yamaha U3

#1975778 - 10/19/12 02:58 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Toastie Offline

I just realised you all had this sensible discussion in my absence over the last few days and I have completely ignored this and proceeded to babble mindlessly about tomorrow (omg TOMORROW), so I apologise for my rudeness. I will think about all this and respond coherently when I am in a clearer frame of mind, as you were all having a fantastic debate which is really interesting.

Edited by Toastie (10/19/12 02:59 PM)
Grade 1 Exam Pieces
Grade 1 Scales
Yamaha U3

#1975786 - 10/19/12 03:25 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
tangleweeds Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 11 2012

Loc: Portlandia
@Toastie => YAAAAAY! A piano of your very own!!!!

I'd be frantically dancing around too laugh laugh laugh

neglected piano blog

#1975800 - 10/19/12 03:46 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
pckhdlr305 Offline

I tried to learn the raindrop prelude about a year ago and just couldn't. Everything was so confusing. Started looking at it about a week ago and I've got it down now! Still could use a little improvement but I would def play it for friends! And I just feel as if I have had a general improvement in my playing. laugh

#1975808 - 10/19/12 03:56 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
I wouldn't worry about being sensible Toastie, it's time to celebrate! Dance! Dance! smile smile

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1975815 - 10/19/12 04:14 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Toastie]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Someone grab the fire extinguisher for Toastie.....

whome It is exciting, isn't it?

Estonia L190 #7284

#1975822 - 10/19/12 04:29 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Toastie Offline

Yes that is definitely me right now. I have calmed down a little now, but only because I've exhausted myself. I'm not going to talk any sense at all tomorrow and then for at least a week once I actually have the piano at home.

Have been waiting my whole life for this day!!!
Grade 1 Exam Pieces
Grade 1 Scales
Yamaha U3

#1975824 - 10/19/12 04:30 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Toastie]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Liverpool, England
Originally Posted By: Toastie
TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOMORROW is when I go to buy my piano!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can barely stay still

I know the feeling!

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1975825 - 10/19/12 04:32 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: pckhdlr305]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: pckhdlr305
I tried to learn the raindrop prelude about a year ago and just couldn't. Everything was so confusing. Started looking at it about a week ago and I've got it down now! Still could use a little improvement but I would def play it for friends! And I just feel as if I have had a general improvement in my playing. laugh

Wow that's great!! I love this Prelude!

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1975826 - 10/19/12 04:33 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Toastie]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Yes that is definitely me right now. I have calmed down a little now, but only because I've exhausted myself. I'm not going to talk any sense at all tomorrow and then for at least a week once I actually have the piano at home.

Have been waiting my whole life for this day!!!

Toastie I was just the same the night before I got my Piano from freecycle! What make of piano is coming to live with you tomorrow?

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1975828 - 10/19/12 04:36 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: EdwardianPiano]
Toastie Offline

It's a Yamaha U3. I may either laugh or cry when I think aout it.
Grade 1 Exam Pieces
Grade 1 Scales
Yamaha U3

#1975829 - 10/19/12 04:36 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Try to remember to post pics of your new baby once you get all settled in!

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1975830 - 10/19/12 04:37 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
Well Toastie, the thread title is "...What got you excited?" so I think you are in the right place!

Congratulations on your new piano!!!

#1975836 - 10/19/12 04:52 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Chris - sorry about your finger! Hope you heal well.
Edward - I think we all have to find our way... somethings are easier as children, some we never have to deal with til later.... the long and the short of it is that each one of us has difficulty with something along the way that trips us up. I think you have a good rapport with your teacher, and I believe that in the near future things will "click" and it will all fall into place.
How long is a beat...well, you know... you can decide. For starters anyway. When folks use a metronome they set it at 1 quarternote = x. When studying X is a low number - maybe 50....when you work up to temp x may well be 120 !!

Hang in there, it will come!

Toastie! The waves of excitement eminating from your part of the world are going to cause a tidal wave over here!!!
I'm thrilled for you. Today is the 2 year anniversary of my piano coming home. I still remember how giddy I was on that day --- I can't wait to see pics of your "baby"!
Have a wonderful day!

#1975846 - 10/19/12 05:26 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Toastie Offline

Happy anniversary!!!!!

Not sure how I'm going to last until tomorrow. I have been crazy all day today, so who knows what i'll be like tomorrow. I have to be capable of driving the car there so I need to somehow sleep.
Grade 1 Exam Pieces
Grade 1 Scales
Yamaha U3

#1975851 - 10/19/12 05:33 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Toastie]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

It's a Yamaha U3. I may either laugh or cry when I think aout it.

Is it an upright? Laugh cos it is shiny and new and cry cos of the £££? I am sure shiny piano will make your life all shiny and happy... 3hearts

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1975852 - 10/19/12 05:34 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Happy Anniversary Cas!

You could exhaust yourself into sleep! Do you have the room ready? Is there anything you can add or decorate to your room? Maybe read up on taking care of your new piano or placement of it? smile Just some ideas from another excitable person. smile

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1975858 - 10/19/12 05:41 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
=casinitaly]
Edward - I think we all have to find our way... somethings are easier as children, some we never have to deal with til later.... the long and the short of it is that each one of us has difficulty with something along the way that trips us up. I think you have a good rapport with your teacher, and I believe that in the near future things will "click" and it will all fall into place.

Hope so Cas! Chords and key signatures are making more and more sense. Yes my teacher is nice young man- kind and patient and I like the lessons.

Quote:
How long is a beat...well, you know... you can decide. For starters anyway. When folks use a metronome they set it at 1 quarternote = x. When studying X is a low number - maybe 50....when you work up to temp x may well be 120 !!

Hang in there, it will come!

That puzzles me even more..if only it was a crotchet = 1 second, a semi breve 4 seconds etc then I would at least some idea- if the beats have no length there is no way I will ever understand how to measure them. It isn't like making a pot of soup and I can put six carrots in, 2 onions, 5 spuds, handful peas, two tins tomatoes, handful cauli, , throw in some spices, passata, and it turns out great. I never have to measure my soup and other recipes yet they work. I should stick to making soup. The great Master appreciated good soup... ha

Quote:
Toastie! The waves of excitement eminating from your part of the world are going to cause a tidal wave over here!!!
I'm thrilled for you. Today is the 2 year anniversary of my piano coming home. I still remember how giddy I was on that day --- I can't wait to see pics of your "baby"!
Have a wonderful day!

Yes- me too on all accounts! I am pants at remembering dates yet can remember 31st August 2010. PIANO CAME!!!

Edited by EdwardianPiano (10/19/12 05:46 PM)

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1975861 - 10/19/12 05:44 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: BeccaBb]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: BeccaBb
Happy Anniversary Cas!

You could exhaust yourself into sleep! Do you have the room ready? Is there anything you can add or decorate to your room? Maybe read up on taking care of your new piano or placement of it? smile Just some ideas from another excitable person. smile

Bake it a welcome cake in the shape of a piano!

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1975862 - 10/19/12 05:50 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: EdwardianPiano]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
done.....

Estonia L190 #7284

#1975864 - 10/19/12 06:02 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
PaperClip Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Amsterdam, Holland
Hi congrats Toastie with your new piano! HAPPY playtime!

Playing since May 02 2009

#1975867 - 10/19/12 06:08 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Teodor]
sharonstone Offline

removed spam

Edited by Piano World (10/19/12 06:41 PM)
Edit Reason: Spam

#1975875 - 10/19/12 06:32 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: JimF]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: JimF
done.....

What a cute cake. Be a shame to slice it!

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1976014 - 10/20/12 12:04 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: MaryBee]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Happy piano, Toastie! yippie

Originally Posted By: MaryBee
Here's an example from a Haydn piece in 3/4 time that I was working on last year. This shows four measures from the piece. Each row is one measure, with RH rhythm on top and LH on the bottom. X represents a rest, a dot is the start of a note, and the line indicates how long to hold it. Probably doesn't make sense to anyone except me, but maybe you get the general idea.

In case anyone is curious, this is what the music looks that that goes with it (from Haydn's Sonata No.11 in Eb, 2nd movement):

#1976053 - 10/20/12 02:30 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

MaryBee....... I can't even imagine tackling that piece! Mamma mia!
It looks pretty intimidating !

It was fun to look at your sketch, then back at the notes.
The sketch makes it seem quite straight forward. (Yah, right..piece of cake! (chuckles))

Good for you - on so many levels!

#1976068 - 10/20/12 03:40 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Yaaaaay Toastie! The U3 is a very nice piano. You must be going out of your mind! Don't forget pictures!

Not so much progress here, but I still love my new (to me) Yamaha C3. I haven't been practicing enough, partially because my parents have kinda gotten sick of my practicing, so I'm too self conscious to do it when they are home (which is most of the time when I'm home).

As far as what got me excited, I know it's off topic, but perhaps you folks can help me bring a piano theme to this: I bought my first car this morning!! (I'm 23 and I've been driving my parents' cars since I got my license at 18)

Here's a pic:

I already know what I'm getting on my license plate: FCHOP1N laugh

I saw someone who had FCHOPIN in New York, but that was already taken here in California. The one with the 1 instead of the l is available though, even though they normally don't allow lookalikes. Any other piano themed ideas to deck this guy out in? I wish I could fit my C3 in the trunk! That would be total bliss laugh

EDIT: I could also do something like (heart symbol) CHOP1N which looks like it's available too. But there's something funny about FCHOP1N since it almost looks like I'm cursing at him (which I am, in a way, since his music is so damn hard, but it's also his first initial of course, and I love Chopin).

Edited by Sam Rose (10/20/12 03:57 AM)
Chopin Ballade no 1 in G minor Op.23
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $

#1976075 - 10/20/12 04:28 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Sam, that's a sweet ride! I love the colour - and the way you caught the flash of light from the back window.

Have fun and be safe in your new vehicle.

Speaking of which.......
My sister is a police officer, who homeschools.
One day her youngest was writing in workbook, putting capital A little a, capital B little b, depending on the picture...Apple, Book... well, the next picture was a car, and my niece wrote capital V little V. My sister, feeling a bit concerned that perhaps the concept wasn't clear, cautiously asked..."Why did you put a V ?" Whereupon my niece looked at her as if she (my sister) were somewhat lacking in mental abilities and replied: "Because it is a vehicle Mummy".

#1976079 - 10/20/12 04:38 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Awwwww that's so cute!! Is your sister in Italy, or is she going to be pulling me over here in the states? eek
Chopin Ballade no 1 in G minor Op.23
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $

#1976084 - 10/20/12 05:07 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Toastie Offline

Wow, C3 and amazing car! You are officially the coolest person I've ever met!

Also....... It's today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grade 1 Exam Pieces
Grade 1 Scales
Yamaha U3

Page 102 of 232 < 1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 231 232 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
121 registered (Augustina, Abby Pianoman, A Guy, AZNpiano, 42 invisible), 1500 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76039 Members
42 Forums
157220 Topics
2309176 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Question about 1975 Steinway L
by mahlers2nd
Today at 09:02 PM
Kawai ES7 v1.15 software update - now available
by Kawai James
Today at 08:43 PM
Mason & Hamlin's action vs. Kawai's Millennium III action
by ColinDS
Today at 08:32 PM
Recognising Slash chords by ear
by Visalia
Today at 06:07 PM
Hammer blow distance, dynamic range, controllability
by prout
Today at 05:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission