Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1978674 - 10/25/12 09:56 PM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: thetandyman]
Norbert Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Surrey, B.C.
Quote:
Who is rich? The one who is appreciates what he has...

thumb

Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Liszt and many others had to...

Norbert cry

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#1978689 - 10/25/12 10:48 PM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: thetandyman]
Dave B Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia area
I'd do all my shopping at the Piano World on line store.

#1978771 - 10/26/12 04:26 AM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: Little_Blue_Engine]
gnuboi Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: USA
There's always TIY.

#1978798 - 10/26/12 07:36 AM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: thetandyman]
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
i would want a very large pool of money... a bottomless pit. I would then give it away... make people really happy. I don't really want for much. I have way too much stuff.

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#1978802 - 10/26/12 07:55 AM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: thetandyman]
maurus Offline
500 Post Club Member

Nice one, apple*!

+1!

#1978975 - 10/26/12 04:14 PM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: thetandyman]
dsch Offline

Loc: florida
Well, maybe if I suddenly came into a lot of money I would not have to worry about retirement.

CNN says that in today's dollars I need $750K.

That does not even touch all the house maintenance/repair issues, the reliable transportation needs, etc. that have been delayed and will be ongoing.

So I guess I'll be playing my K3 for a long time!

Honestly I don't know how people with kids, mortgages, and car payments make do.

#1979043 - 10/26/12 06:10 PM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: thetandyman]
SirHuddlestonFudd Offline

Loc: Cambridge, MA
...I'd have a lot of people killed. If I had any left over, I'd buy a piano. Cheers!

-- No seriously, I wouldn't contemplate killing anybody. Well, maybe breaking a few legs... But then, definitely, a piano.

Edited by SirHuddlestonFudd (10/26/12 06:11 PM)

#1979101 - 10/26/12 09:02 PM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: thetandyman]
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Jersey Shore
I'd build a recording/playing studio separate from my house with all the bells and whistles and upgrade my Estonia L190 to something much better.

But since my youngest son has designs on medical school it probably wont happen...

#1979121 - 10/26/12 10:01 PM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: thetandyman]
j&j Offline

Loc: Southwest
I'm very satisfied with my current piano. I can even afford to keep it tuned and maintained. I can and will retire sometime in the near future, but for now I still got a day job so I'm doing alright. As a professional musician I would starve.

Since I always find a beautiful piano to fall in love with, I'm sure I would use some of the "heaps of money" to add on a music room and buy another 2 or 3 pianos. I would have to put my piano teacher on retainer for years.

I'm incredibly lucky to have a loving family, great dog, comfortable house, great piano, and a job that keeps me too busy, but it pays the bills. Now, if I only had more time to practice.
"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." Pablo Picasso

#1979140 - 10/26/12 11:33 PM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: thetandyman]
thetandyman Offline

Loc: Indiana
One last post here from the original poster, I appreciate all the responses, and to be frivolous, I would purchase an Allen 4 manual theater organ just to enjoy and to annoy my neighbors. I could buy a better piano, but I feel that I don't deserve the one I own currently. I would love to learn to read proficiently, however I had seven weeks off this Summer, and all I did was swim and ride the motorcycle, and watch old TV shows. I need to keep moving or else I will dwindle to atrophy.

#1979195 - 10/27/12 06:43 AM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: thetandyman]
Lakeside Offline

Loc: Beijing China
And Piano: I will put my Kawai SK-3 replaced by SK-7.I can also buy an RV, and a Kawai CA-65 converted the house to the car. This piano along with me.

#1979222 - 10/27/12 09:20 AM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: thetandyman]
joe80 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

i'd get a Bosendorfer 290

#1979241 - 10/27/12 10:27 AM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: thetandyman]
Chopinlover49 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NY and NC
Seriously, I think he piano I have is all I could ever want, and I just moved into a house I love, I have a great wife, wonderful kids, and fantastic grandchildren, so if I had a ton of money, I would make sure all my grandkids could go to the college of their choice, I'd give each of my four daughters a lot of money so they wouldn't have to work so hard, and I would put the rest in trust for the grandkids.

#1979560 - 10/28/12 05:51 AM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: thetandyman]
joe80 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

it's highly unlikely I'll come into a lot of money, but I suppose a Bosendorfer 290 is not out of the question. Just not a new one.

#1979602 - 10/28/12 09:48 AM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: thetandyman]
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
and btw - my husband thinks we are 'dreadfully poor' - it drives me bats that he doesn't focus on our assets.

and yes, i'd hire a daily piano teacher.. it would be fun to have a different one for every day of the week.

.. also a full time housekeeper. All this laundry, cooking and cleaning is wearing me out.

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#1979719 - 10/28/12 03:44 PM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: apple*]
4evrBeginR Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: California
I think in order to show progress at each lesson, 5 to 8 hours of practice is minimum. A lesson everyday would require 40 hours of practice a week. Lots of people have done it, I know, including my own teacher, but I'm not sure I want to make that effort.

Instead of increasing lesson frequency, I would like to improve lesson quality and convenience. What I would do is probably buy two Bösendorfers with CEUS system that allows for remote playing through the Internet, so when I play on my piano, my teacher could hear and see it playing on hers live and vice versa. I would also need two 60" screens with HD Cisco Telepresence video conference systems. They actually have that in the fancy music schools where they are able to bring famous pianists from around the world virtually to their students.

#1979728 - 10/28/12 04:05 PM Re: If you suddenly came into alot of money, [Re: thetandyman]
musica71 Offline

Loc: Bend, Or.
A player system?? Lord NO...that is the last thing I'd want. Currently awaiting delivery of a Feurich 197. Should come on the 31st!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
122 registered (AndrewJCW, 36251, Alkanaut, AndresD, a-z0-9, 45 invisible), 1549 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75579 Members
42 Forums
156272 Topics
2295014 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Old Wurlitzer (circa 1940s) baby grand, Worth Picking Up?
by Paul678
30 minutes 47 seconds ago
Swamp Cooler and Air Conditioner- Use only One of them!
by Paul678
35 minutes 31 seconds ago
Need progression lesson
by Maarkr
Today at 09:23 PM
What's "Hrode-lgiaque"?
by Goomer Piles
Today at 09:01 PM
Opinions on Roland F130R
by Laerai
Today at 08:00 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission