Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1975646 - 10/19/12 11:16 AM Question about a problem with a Kawai K3 buyed a year ago
nazanone Offline

Loc: Argentina, Buenos Aires
Hi to all, i am from Argentina, south america. I recently buyed a Kawai K3 new in february 2011.

I waited until the first tunning for 6 months in april of 2011 and i saw a problem with the repetition on the piano, doing trinos for example or repeating a note quickly doesn't sound or fails...

The other things in the piano are nice, the sound, the touch, etc, but it has these problem.
The technician of BReyer(the reseller oficially in Argentina of Kawai) told me that the piano needs to get softer using it a lot, or something like that, that i need to play a lot in order to fix these problem.

Two months ago the technician come again, and the problem still continue, but he told me now that it's a wet problem with the ambience, but i always have this problem playing, so WTF?

Another problem is that the Breyer company when i buyed the piano don't give me the chair of the piano, they told me that in the aduana(customs) not let it go inside the country, so they bring us the piano without their bench....

I want to talk with oficial kawai US in order to complain about all these problems i have, because i think they are treat me like a stupid...Anyone know a mail or something?

And why i am having this problem with trinos and repetition in same pieces? What i need to tell to the technician in order to fix my problem?

Thanks a lot sory my bad english.
The piano was made in 2010 in Indonesia(all parts of japan, but it was assembled in indonesia.

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#1975703 - 10/19/12 12:47 PM Re: Question about a problem with a Kawai K3 buyed a year ago [Re: nazanone]
monads Offline

Loc: CA
The repetition has to do with the Key Action. They're designed differently for verticals and grands with grands allowing faster action. You're tech may be able to adjust the action on your K3. I have a similar issue on my K8. I've noticied certain keys allow me to re-trigger faster without releasing all the way up, while on others I can't and the key has to come all the way up to reset. I'm hoping my tech can adjust this. But I won't know till next month when he visits.

#1975715 - 10/19/12 01:08 PM Re: Question about a problem with a Kawai K3 buyed a year ago [Re: nazanone]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Jose, CA
The link you are asking for is http://kawaius.com/. You may have to fish around for awhile to find the right person to speak to, but don't worry--- you'll get there.

If you think the tech they've sent doesn't know what to do for you, try finding one who is better, on your own. Brand new pianos usually benefit from four service calls in the first year, less later. Anyway, talk to the manager, not the munchkin next time.

The company prides itself on its excellent customer service, so you should let them know your experience.

You communicate well in a second language, and you don't sound like a stupid to me.

#1976340 - 10/20/12 04:01 PM Re: Question about a problem with a Kawai K3 buyed a year ago [Re: nazanone]
Kurtmen Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: San Mateo, CA
The problem you described is partially attributed to the design of the action in *upright* pianos. One way to counter this problem is to check the regulation and bring the let-off or escapement closer to the string.

This is just in case that you find the technical information hard to convey. El afinidor tiene que asegurase de que el ciclo del mecanismo este bien sincronizado. Parte del problema puede ser que los martinetes se esten desenganchando de el mecanismo prematuramente. Normalmente se tienen que desenganchar aproximadamete tres milimetros antes de tocar la cuerda. En relacion con el banco, dile a Gustavo que se deje de *****, dicele que todos los pianos vienen con banquito. Que no me rompa las..

Send me a private message if you need some extra info.

*Edited by moderator; the word used in Spanish could be interpreted as profanity*

Edited by Kurtmen (10/24/12 02:43 PM)
Kawai Digital Piano, Pianodisc.
<a href="http://sanmateopiano.com" style="color:#FF0505;font-size:10px;font-family:Times New Roman;text-decoration:underline;" target="_blank" >http://sanmateopiano.com</a>

#1976801 - 10/21/12 05:06 PM Re: Question about a problem with a Kawai K3 buyed a year ago [Re: nazanone]
pianomouse Offline

Loc: Europe
Last year, we got four new K5 Kawais at school and all of them have this action problem: trills and all kinds of ornaments, repeated notes,... it's just frustrating, because the action is so slow. The Tech worked on them, they're a little better, but the old, worn out uprights feel still so much better to play.

#1976809 - 10/21/12 05:27 PM Re: Question about a problem with a Kawai K3 buyed a year ago [Re: nazanone]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

"...*Edited by moderator; the word used in Spanish could be interpreted as profanity*..."

Upright?

#1976844 - 10/21/12 06:55 PM Re: Question about a problem with a Kawai K3 buyed a year ago [Re: nazanone]
KawaiDon Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Orange County, CA
The action regulation of this piano needs to be done correctly, and I am afraid there is nothing that Kawai in the US can do to help with a piano sold in Argentina.

I had already advised the piano owner via e-mail a few days ago that his dealer needs to be pressed to correct this for him.

#1977452 - 10/23/12 07:13 AM Re: Question about a problem with a Kawai K3 buyed a year ago [Re: Jeff Clef]
88Key_PianoPlayer Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: El Cajon, CA
Originally Posted By: Jeff Clef
"...*Edited by moderator; the word used in Spanish could be interpreted as profanity*..."

Upright?

"Spinet" laugh

(Yes I realize the K3 is not a spinet.)
1950 (#144211) Baldwin Hamilton
1956 (#167714) Baldwin Hamilton
You can right-click my avatar for an option to view a larger version.

#1977461 - 10/23/12 07:31 AM Re: Question about a problem with a Kawai K3 buyed a year ago [Re: nazanone]
nazanone Offline

Loc: Argentina, Buenos Aires
Hey thanks to all for the answers, the technician will come again the next week i think, so i'll keep us posted.

#1977485 - 10/23/12 08:47 AM Re: Question about a problem with a Kawai K3 buyed a year ago [Re: nazanone]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

"...The action regulation of this piano needs to be done correctly, and... his dealer needs to be pressed to correct this for him."

The best advice from the best person. The good news is, that this is something that can be set right, within the instrument's capabilities. The challenging news is, that finding the technician who can give your piano the continuing care it needs, well, it's a challenge the world around.

Who knows, you may have such an advanced technique that you really need a grand action to support it; some very famous names have come from your part of the world. But, Chopin did ok with the uprights of his day.

#1978067 - 10/24/12 02:54 PM Re: Question about a problem with a Kawai K3 buyed a year ago [Re: 88Key_PianoPlayer]
Kurtmen Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: San Mateo, CA
OK the word I used it is of casual use in Argentina and not necessarily mean spirit but otherwise. Almost as saying "come-on stop messing around". However is true the word can have different nuance in other Spanish speaking countries.

Danke
Viel Gl├╝ck.
Kawai Digital Piano, Pianodisc.
<a href="http://sanmateopiano.com" style="color:#FF0505;font-size:10px;font-family:Times New Roman;text-decoration:underline;" target="_blank" >http://sanmateopiano.com</a>

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
94 registered (Allard, beet31425, AZ_Astro, Alux, AZNpiano, 20 invisible), 990 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75968 Members
42 Forums
157103 Topics
2307259 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tuning the 7th octave
by AaronM
Today at 01:29 AM
Some Swan Lake
by harpon
Today at 12:53 AM
What makes a piano sound honky-tonk?
by harpon
Today at 12:31 AM
Casio Px 110 vs 150 for Pianoteq + action
by Dwscamel
Today at 12:10 AM
How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York?
by Paul678
Yesterday at 10:43 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission