2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, 13 invisible), 1,971 guests, and 321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Miffy Offline OP
OP Offline
Dear all,

Long time no chat! Since some of you met us and listened to my little girl Chelsea's performances at Ori's when she was 8 yr old and followed her debut with orchestra at 9 on youtbue, I am inviting those who live near by to come to my 11 yr old's second solo recital on Nov. 4 at 4:00pm in Silvermine Music School, CT. This recital is presented by "the Silvermine Artists Series" directed by concert pianist Karen Shaw, the Dean of Piano Department at Indiana University. My daughter is the first child they have presented in the past 29 years. We are so honored and so excited about this recital.

Chelsea had her first solo recital in May with over 200 audiences to prepare her participation in the Gina Bachauer Junior International Competition in Salt Lake City as one of the 31 semi-finalists (11-13 yr old) chosen from over 300 young pianists from all over the world. She did not get into the top 6 grand prizes but as one of the youngest did her very best. In August, she competed again at Ettlingen Junior International Competition in Germany with 41 young pianists upto 15 yrs old from all over the world. We were so blessed that she was this time granted "Special Commendation for Young Talents."

Hope you can make the concert to witness and enjoy my little one's growth in music!

http://www.silverminesom.org/serieslisting1213.htm
Silvermine Artists Series

Miffy
August Forster 215
Kawai GX-5
Petrof 125
Yamaha P-155
B
B
Miffy,
Congratulations to you and Chelsea. My daughter and I would've loved to come see your daughter's performance. However, we are in PA so it won't be possible.
Please convey our best wishes to Chelsea....I am sure she'll make you proud. If possible, please post videos of her performance. We'll love to hear her play.
Thanks for the invite though and once again BEST OF LUCK to Chelsea.

There is no real substitute to knowledge.
B

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014
1000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014
1000 Post Club Member
B
ditto!

Miffy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you!
I used to post her performances on youtube but have not got time to do so since she started preparing for the Gina Bachauer and Ettlingen competitions. Need to catch up.
The concert series organizor has just told me that they have got a very healthy number of confirmed audiences and now it is Chelsea's job to deliever her best!
We have just got an official date of her next performance of Beethoven Concerto No. 2 with a profesional orchestra on Feb. 10, 2013. Don't know where, though....

Miffy
August Forster 215
Kawai GX-5
Petrof 125
Yamaha P-155

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission