2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Adam Reynolds, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 9 invisible), 1,646 guests, and 254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Starr Keys

Originally Posted by CarlosCC
And if I told you that I've my next piece ready already...? thumb

Maybe nothing, since I know you're supernaturally gifted and can play something from memory after reading it only a few time, but I might shoot myself--metaphorically speaking, that is. crazy smile

Starr Keys, remember this?
- Falling In Love Again - Hollander, Frederick
- Get Here - Russell, Brenda
- It Goes Like It Goes - Shire, David
- Kiss from a Rose - Seal
- The Last Time I Saw Paris - Kern, Jerome

I do.
And you know why? Because you, and all of the active members of this forum, has some ability behind the love for piano. Yes, I can memorize with ease, but without this community and without what I've listened and learned with you all, I would never have gotten where I am now. IMO, this is the real supernatural gift we all share.
thumb

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wouter79
130? I see 234 Chopin submissions shocked

Hmmm, I think we discovered another "bug" in the new ABF Recital index... smirk
Browsing by composer: Chopin (234) + Chopin.(1) = 235
Browsing ABF Recital statistics: TOP 25 composers -> 1st, 125 Chopin
crazy

Originally Posted by Mr Super-Hunky

105 : Bach
58 : Einaudi
53 : Beethoven
35 : Schumann
30 : Mozart
28 : Mr Super-Hunkysmokin
26 : Debussy
(...)

wow I've noticed (and loved!) Mr Super-Hunky position in the table update (by himself). Did you? thumb

Okay Carlos wins the "Where's Waldo" award for picking up on this. I think you busted me before as well.

Anyway, I'm going to have to re-think a way to get into this top 10 list. For obvious reasons Mozart and alike are safe. My only chance would be to either fill the "unknown" slot or take out David Nevue somehow (itching powder?, fire ants emerging from between the keys?). But we all would lose as a result of those actions so back to the "unknown" slot.

It's my only chance Carlos. Please don't take that from me!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Woo hoo... got mine in! We're up to 32 submissions.

Mary Bee
Current mantra: Play outside the box.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] XVI-XXXVI

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member

crazy

(...)

wow I've noticed (and loved!) Mr Super-Hunky position in the table update (by himself). Did you? thumb

lol.... I was so surprised to see Chopin missing that the other little change slipped by me! I should have expected a teaser from Mr. Super-Hunky!
I guess we should let Sam know there's another wee glitch in the recital index.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

A
A
I hope to make a (first!) submission, but the red dot is imposing and I can't seem to get a recording without horrible horrible mistakes. That's... normal, isn't it?

David Lanz - Skyline Firedance Suite
Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy 7 Main Theme
[Linked Image]

7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Allard
I hope to make a (first!) submission, but the red dot is imposing and I can't seem to get a recording without horrible horrible mistakes. That's... normal, isn't it?

Very very normal! In fact, it is so normal that after the recital is launched, everyone who participates becomes a member of a very special group --- the "Order of the Red Dot" smile

We are all deeply traumatized by that red recording light. I think it is as difficult to be calm with the light as it is to perform for an audience - maybe even more difficult because generally you can feel that your listeners are listening with kind enthusisam... but that red light is just a cold hard stare!

[Linked Image]

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by casinitaly
Originally Posted by Peyton
Originally Posted by Monica K.

p.s. you'll all be delighted to hear that I will be returning to Einaudi. smile

Who? laugh

*snort, giggle* Glad I wasn't drinking at the computer.

One should never drink and (hard) drive... laugh

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn
Originally Posted by casinitaly
Originally Posted by Peyton
Originally Posted by Monica K.

p.s. you'll all be delighted to hear that I will be returning to Einaudi. smile

Who? laugh

*snort, giggle* Glad I wasn't drinking at the computer.

One should never drink and (hard) drive... laugh

You are so right TJ...... One might ram into something!

[Linked Image]

A
A
Suddenly everything came together and I got a recording I'm actually happy with laugh

Now I'm particularly looking forward to hearing Jared's To Zanarkand and mr Super-Hunky's Nothing Else Matters submissions. Love both songs.

[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

crazy

(...)

Okay Carlos wins the "Where's Waldo" award for picking up on this. I think you busted me before as well.

Anyway, I'm going to have to re-think a way to get into this top 10 list. For obvious reasons Mozart and alike are safe. My only chance would be to either fill the "unknown" slot or take out David Nevue somehow (itching powder?, fire ants emerging from between the keys?). But we all would lose as a result of those actions so back to the "unknown" slot.

It's my only chance Carlos. Please don't take that from me!

C'mon, you're already on the top of the "original and covers" table. And, you are one rare case of not missing any Recital so far. thumb

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Carlos, being on top of the 'original composition' list could also be viewed as ...maybe this guys too stupid to read music! Hmmm, I'll keep quiet on that one!

Also, don't forget, I've been accused nominated for being the top of several lists here on PW which include:

.Biggest grandstander
.Overly opinionated blubermouth
.Pompous ass
.Ego-maniac
.Attention hog

I'm not saying I've earned or deserved these titles, but the colorful ribbons are nice to have hanging on the walls and simple things like that make me happy.

Allard: I'm glad to hear you are looking forward to hear the "Nothing Else Matters" piece. Others on this forum will have noticed the amount of buildup and hype I have been putting into this submission...(it's what I do cuz I'm shameless!). hopefully you like the performance. Just another teaser....this piece contains the largest piano glissando know to mankind followed by an explosion of thunder. Lots-O-fun!

Also, if your a really good searcher, you may be able to find a video somewhere of my performance of "To Zanarkand" from several years ago. I no longer have the video. I'm also a huge Nobuo Uematsu fan as well and am looking forward to hearing Jareds rendition.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Carlos, being on top of the 'original composition' list could also be viewed as ...maybe this guys too stupid to read music! Hmmm, I'll keep quiet on that one!

Also, don't forget, I've been accused nominated for being the top of several lists here on PW which include:

.Biggest grandstander
.Pompous ass
.Ego-maniac
.Attention hog

I'm not saying I've earned or deserved these titles, but the colorful ribbons are nice to have hanging on the walls and simple things like that make me happy.

LOL ha , you are unique, Mr Super-Hunky.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Starr Keys

And if I told you that I've my next piece ready already...? thumb
Maybe nothing, since I know you're supernaturally gifted and can play something from memory after reading it only a few time, but I might shoot myself--metaphorically speaking, that is. crazy smile

Starr Keys, remember this?
- Falling In Love Again - Hollander, Frederick
- Get Here - Russell, Brenda
- It Goes Like It Goes - Shire, David
- Kiss from a Rose - Seal
- The Last Time I Saw Paris - Kern, Jerome
I do.
And you know why? Because you, and all of the active members of this forum, has some ability behind the love for piano. Yes, I can memorize with ease, but without this community and without what I've listened and learned with you all, I would never have gotten where I am now. IMO, this is the real supernatural gift we all share.
thumb

It does strike me sometimes that there is some new spirit of harmonic connection and cooperation abroad in the world today(and not just in music).

Maybe it will help me to complete what now seems a Herculean task for me. This really feels like the most ambitious thing I’ve ever done, with three distinct styles and different rhythms not only distinctive for each style but changing within the styles themselves. That and I’ve got to sing (since my arrangement is for accompaniment) and try to put together the slide show I planned for it in honor of my sister’s birthday this Sunday--it may have to be postponed for a later time, though, if I can't get a recording till the deadline day.

Thanks for the encouragement. I didn’t realize I’d participated in that many ecitals. It helps give me confidence to know I made so many deadlines. smile

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

.Biggest grandstander
.Pompous ass
.Ego-maniac
.Attention hog

I don't know SH, I'm almost certain no one has nominated you for "Attention Hog"..... smile

J
J
Originally Posted by Allard
Suddenly everything came together and I got a recording I'm actually happy with laugh

Now I'm particularly looking forward to hearing Jared's To Zanarkand and mr Super-Hunky's Nothing Else Matters submissions. Love both songs.

Ah thanks! I really hope you guys like it =) I managed to get a decent recording with only a few little blips! Though I wish I had a better recording method, the microphone doesn't pick up as well as I would like (need to get MIDI cables, or however all that works).

Can't wait to hear everyone's submissions!

A
A
My Yamaha P95 doesn't have a proper line out. Had to connect the headphone plugs to the computer with a USB interface, but then the piano doesn't make any sound. Added a splitter so I could also plug in my headphones. It's far from ideal; the splitter doesn't connect very well and the headphones only had sound on the left side, with heavy bass. Thankfully the computer did get the right side and high tones, but it was weird to monitor!

I love To Zanarkand. A year ago I started learning piano with Alfred's and Christmas songs. As soon as Christmas was over, the To Zanarkand sheet music topped the piano and didn't come off for several months. Had to learn it! It took ages since I had to figure out tons of technique with only two months of experience under the belt. Still, slow progress is progress too. A few months later I started taking lessons and played the piece to my teacher. He stated the obvious that this music was still beyond my technical level. Damn right too; the 16ths and 32nds near the end seem nigh impossible.

[Linked Image]
J
J
Yea I'm just playing the original version, I can't take on the Piano Collection version of it yet... those 16th/32nd arpeggios are beyond me right now! Though I probably could do the rest of that version now... hopefully I can soon be at a level where I can do the whole thing!

I think the piano I'm using has just about every type of output, I'm just not sure which one to use and what cables I need! So I just use a portable condenser mic for now, which is fine because I can record myself in the practice room acoustic pianos on campus. I want to look into finding better (and affordable) ways to record the digital piano though.

A
A
If it's any help, I replace the 16/32 crazy left hand with a repeat of the 8th arpeggios earlier (you know, where the right hand plays the same) and it still sounds like a proper song.

[Linked Image]
6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member

crazy

The old index also has entries for the all-Chopin ecitals that were held over in the Pianist Corner. That's why the category list on the old index showed so many Chopin entries. But in the new index, I am no longer indexing those recitals. Instead it is only the ABF Recitals. So the (probably) correct number for Chopin entries is 131 (I moved the "Chopin." performance to "Chopin").

I'm going to redo the statistics page too while I am fooling with things.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Originally Posted by Sam S
So the (probably) correct number for Chopin entries is 131 (I moved the "Chopin." performance to "Chopin").

Does that mean he's still getting credit for "Here, There and Everywhere" and "Johnson Rag"? wink

Richard
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission