2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (bcalvanese, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, benkeys, apianostudent, 14 invisible), 2,113 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1982319 11/03/12 06:33 PM
cruiser Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
This is a question for anyone who has this iPad app, as I do...

...how do you buy and add content to iGig Book? I've had this app for some time without using it so far. Now I'd like to add a complete fake book but have no idea how to do this and can find no relevant information in the app itself.

Michael
H
H
You have to have your music in PDF files.

Then read the instructions at:
http://www.igigbook.com/i-gig-book-quick-start.aspx

cruiser Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks HsoTW, but I'm still confused!

I was already aware of the iGig Book web site that you link to, but I still don't understand where I get the PDF's from. The app has an extended index of books to download but when I click on any of the fake books I'm asked to enter a URL for the document. My question is, how do I get/buy/borrow/steal (!) the PDF's?

The web site says this:

To take advantage of built in iGigBook indexes:
Check the book list by clicking here, to see if your book is already indexed.
Be sure to name the file to the book code that matches the book title before copying it to your device.
Example: "Classic Real Book" has a book code of crealbk1, which means you would name your book crealbk1.pdf and transfer it to your device.
Use iTunes to copy the book to your device. (see the "Adding your PDF score or book to iGigBook" section above.)
Once the files are loaded onto your device, they will be automatically recognized and indexed by iGigBook provided that they are named correctly. To view the list of fake books and their book codes, click here.

The quote above gives the example of the "Classic Real Book" and says that the book should be named crealbk1.pdf in order to copy it to the iPad. But it doesn't explain where to get the pdf's from in the first place. I can't find the pdf's anywhere in the iTunes or app store. I know there must be an easy answer to this - I just can't see it!

Michael
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
You can search Google for "real books pdf's" and maybe find a few of them. I guess it's a catch22 for the legit books. They don't market the pdf's because they know people will share them, but by not doing that they force musicians to share them.

I'd be more than happy to purchase them but until they figure a way to encrypt them, they'll probably stay underground.

You could always go purchase a scanner and DIY them. I probably will be doing this soon cause I really like the Hal Leonard 6th edition and later versions. I noticed that Amazon has a Kindle version. I'm not sure what that means.

Does Kindle have their own version of pdf's?

I'd like to hear how people cope with this problem.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP
https://soundcloud.com/pete36251
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I saw someone with a six edition on iPad last week, though I'm not sure how they got it

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
It looks like Amazon sells.the 6th edition in digital but it has 'protection' so Iwould probably avoid it. It won't be guaranteed to work on your app or all future app you may choose in the future.

H
H
I do have some pdf's that I obtained through "people", and you can probably download them somewhere.

But most of my pdf's I made myself. Lead sheets with MuseScore, save as PDF, and lyrics with OpenOffice, again save as PDF.

When I want to make one big PDF out of many, I use PDFSam.

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission