Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
114 registered (Anne H, Anita Potter, angga888, ando, 31 invisible), 1703 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1982790 - 11/04/12 09:24 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
Okay thanks Sam. I guess I still could submit a video up until the 14th-ish but it would have to contain its own audio and would not match the audio on the player unless the audio used was from the video.

I did make a quick video using the video feature on my Cannon camera but it seems a bit grainy...(like a 70s Bigfoot spotting video). The audio is okay as well. Not great, just okay. Even if I made another video, the quality would not improve without better equipment so maybe I'll just stick with the audio that's pretty good since it was a direct digital recording using the line levels. That's unless there is a high demand for a grainy, camera quality video performance.

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1982865 - 11/05/12 04:18 AM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
About the Video:
I do not usually watch the video... The MP3 format allows me to listen the pieces in the car when I'm in traffic, or to upload them to my MP3 player and listen the Recital wherever I want. Sorry my friends, I recognize your efforts to make the videos, but the MP3 format is more convenient.

About the sumbission deadline:
15 days it's OK. I usually have as deadline day 1 and the remaining 14 days serve as a safeguard in case something goes wrong. The problem is to deal with the anxiety...

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#1982905 - 11/05/12 08:37 AM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Sam S]
Andy Platt Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: Sam S
I'm in at #28. And I'm doing a prelude from Chopin's opus 28, so the number fits!

Didn't we agree these were overplayed?! wink wink wink

Sorry but you are no longer 28 at #28; I had a duplicate submission - computer glitches - and that's been corrected. So, opus 28 and number 27.

Kawai K3

#1982917 - 11/05/12 08:53 AM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Ditto to all of the above. It's the mp3 file you submit that gets put in all the archives, and many people work off the zip files.

I strongly prefer the two week submission window for all the reasons mentioned. Plus, it gives me plenty of time to trouble shoot any computer or uploading problems. (And every recital has some of those.) I wouldn't want to have the pressure of handling all that in one particular 24-hour period.

#1982920 - 11/05/12 08:57 AM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Peyton]
Monica K. Offline

Originally Posted By: Peyton

I'd rather listen to an interesting, well played short piece than a boring long one.... smile

[gulps] Er, you might want to skip mine, then. :-)

#1982931 - 11/05/12 09:11 AM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Monica K.]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Originally Posted By: Monica K.

I'd rather listen to an interesting, well played short piece than a boring long one.... smile

Your's are NEVER boring. Actually , if anyone is going to be guilty of long (hopefully not boring) it will be me. At 10 minutes mine is the longest piece I've ever put in the recital. I'll be lucky if I get ten people to listen all the way through.

#1982947 - 11/05/12 09:50 AM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Andy Platt]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: Andy Platt
Originally Posted By: Sam S
I'm in at #28. And I'm doing a prelude from Chopin's opus 28, so the number fits!

Didn't we agree these were overplayed?! wink wink wink

Sorry but you are no longer 28 at #28; I had a duplicate submission - computer glitches - and that's been corrected. So, opus 28 and number 27.

Oh darn, I lost my #28 spot.

And, yes, it's overplayed, but you have never heard me play it. I'm not sure that you really want to. ha

Sam

#1982973 - 11/05/12 10:58 AM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Monica K.]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Ups... and if someone sends a short AND boring one...? eek

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#1983018 - 11/05/12 12:40 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: CarlosCC]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: CarlosCC

Ups... and if someone sends a short AND boring one...? eek

...well then the pain is over quickly. smile

#1983023 - 11/05/12 12:46 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Peyton]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
...At 10 minutes mine is the longest piece I've ever put in the recital. I'll be lucky if I get ten people to listen all the way through.

Do you provide an intermission for potty, adult beverage and popcorn? laugh

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#1983057 - 11/05/12 02:05 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Peyton, a 10 minute long submission is certainly allowed. Just remember however that there have been numerous 2 minute long submissions in the past. I'm never disappointed with your performances and I'm sure this time will be no exception. I'll just expect this performance to be 5 times better than previous ones that's all.

No stress buddy!

#1983100 - 11/05/12 03:55 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

John, I should have thought of that!!! But hey, in this age of digital recording etc. all you have to do is hit that pause button and... instant intermission!

SH, just be sure to watch the video all the way through. I would hate for you to miss the dancing elephants and the car chase scene. (That should get me at least up to 15 people.... he he...)

#1983119 - 11/05/12 04:41 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

My teacher just gave me the "finished" light on my NEXT piece eek I'll have to keep it 'in stock' for the next recital...

#1983122 - 11/05/12 04:47 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

>Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Meditation

Mike, seems you erroneously added the piano type number to your name?

#1983154 - 11/05/12 06:13 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
That was Mike's user name for years. He's just staying consistent.

Cathy

#1983157 - 11/05/12 06:22 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Peyton]
DadAgain Offline

Loc: Brisbane, QLD
...At 10 minutes mine is the longest piece I've ever put in the recital. I'll be lucky if I get ten people to listen all the way through.

Assuming I get myself in gear and manage to get a recording, I'll be close to the 10 minute mark this time too! I've never yet played it to an acceptable level all the way through - but I reckon I'm as close as I'm going to get, so its probably as good as time as any to face the microphone and record it 'warts and all'.

Hope I don't get accused of presenting a 'long boring' submission frown (Although if it *IS* boring - I'd still appreciate it if people did actually tell me!)

I'd usually go with video - but 10 minutes presents some significant issues for my video equipment so I might take the easy route and just submit audio this time.

Daughter might struggle this time - none of her current pieces are quite up to scratch at the moment as she's focusing on preparing for an upcoming Violin exam - so we might have to 'raid the archives' and see if there's something she wants to submit.

Edited by DadAgain (11/05/12 06:30 PM)
Vague Guitar & Bass player.... (former minor income stream 15 yrs ago)
Former conductor... (been a long time since I was set loose with a magic wand!)

#1983178 - 11/05/12 07:17 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
hawgdriver Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Denver, CO
Couldn't get the Grieg ready in time. It's one of those faster pieces, and it's not musical enough yet for my slow fingers. So while I was practicing it a moment ago, I thought, let's see if I can get a decent take of the nocturne-stein monster I've been assembling in the laboratory. I got nervous toward the end, you can tell, that feeling of, 'hey, this might be good enough to submit.' Purists will scoff the digital instrument, and I'm sorry for that.

Look forward to hearing everything from everyone.

#1983189 - 11/05/12 07:44 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: CarlosCC]
Amaruk Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: New England, USA
About the Video:
I do not usually watch the video... The MP3 format allows me to listen the pieces in the car when I'm in traffic, or to upload them to my MP3 player and listen the Recital wherever I want. Sorry my friends, I recognize your efforts to make the videos, but the MP3 format is more convenient.

I agree that the mp3 is easier to digest especially on the go which makes it very convenient.

But I just want to add that to actually see the person playing in a video is a completely different experience for me. The performance comes alive to some extent. However, I understand that creating a video can be time consuming (red dot times 3 for me...). But for those of you who take the time to create/upload a video, I just want to say 'thank you' as it is so fun to watch you play in these recitals!

#1983229 - 11/05/12 10:24 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Amaruk]
Starr Keys Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: california
Originally Posted By: Amaruk
I understand that creating a video can be time consuming (red dot times 3 for me...). But for those of you who take the time to create/upload a video, I just want to say 'thank you' as it is so fun to watch you play in these recitals!

Even when you can't watch a person's hands playing because there's something else going on in the video, videos can be a lot more time consuming to make, and just as much fun to watch--eek I hope.

#1983459 - 11/06/12 02:36 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Monica K. Offline

Not only am I loving the relief of knowing that my recital piece is uploaded, but I also picked out and started practicing my recital piece for NEXT time. Yay. smile

p.s. you'll all be delighted to hear that I will be returning to Einaudi. smile

#1983465 - 11/06/12 02:56 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Monica K.]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Who? laugh

#1983498 - 11/06/12 04:38 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Peyton]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy

Who? laugh

*snort, giggle* Glad I wasn't drinking at the computer.

#1983506 - 11/06/12 04:50 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Peyton]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Who? laugh

Ludo(something)...? I've heard of him... It's somehow between Bach and Beethoven which should make a very interesting style.
grin

Top 10 Composers played in ABF recitals...
125 : Chopin
105 : Bach
58 : Einaudi
53 : Beethoven
35 : Schumann
30 : Mozart
26 : Debussy
24 : Nevue
22 : Unknown
20 : Schubert

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#1983532 - 11/06/12 05:58 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Monica K.]
Starr Keys Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Not only am I loving the relief of knowing that my recital piece is uploaded, but I also picked out and started practicing my recital piece for NEXT time.

I envy you! This sounds so good to me right now. I would love to start working on my next piece--and need to since its for a Christmas recital not PW's Valentine's!! Unfortunately I'm still struggling with the rhythms of the swing part of the ending I just had to give my ecital piece at the last minute and because of that it may indeed not come together till the last minute.

Edited by Starr Keys (11/06/12 06:02 PM)

#1983670 - 11/07/12 05:12 AM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Starr Keys]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Starr Keys
Not only am I loving the relief of knowing that my recital piece is uploaded, but I also picked out and started practicing my recital piece for NEXT time.

I envy you! This sounds so good to me right now. I would love to start working on my next piece--and need to since its for a Christmas recital not PW's Valentine's!! Unfortunately I'm still struggling with the rhythms of the swing part of the ending I just had to give my ecital piece at the last minute and because of that it may indeed not come together till the last minute.

And if I told you that I've my next piece ready already...? thumb

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#1983763 - 11/07/12 01:15 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: CarlosCC]
Starr Keys Offline
1000 Post Club Member

And if I told you that I've my next piece ready already...? thumb

Maybe nothing, since I know you're supernaturally gifted and can play something from memory after reading it only a few time, but I might shoot myself--metaphorically speaking, that is. crazy smile

#1983816 - 11/07/12 04:02 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: CarlosCC]
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Who? laugh

Ludo(something)...? I've heard of him... It's somehow between Bach and Beethoven which should make a very interesting style.
grin

After fact checking, I agree with only one slight modification. Here's the update.

28 : Mr Super-Hunky

Now I understand that not everyone may agree with "unknown" as an actual composer and even David Nevue hasn't been around all that long, but the rest of the list seems to be rock solid and indisputable beyond any reasonable doubt. Ha ha!

#1983823 - 11/07/12 04:14 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: Mr Super-Hunky

Who? laugh

grin

After fact checking, I agree with only one slight modification. Here's the update.

28 : Mr Super-Hunky

Now I understand that not everyone may agree with "unknown" as an actual composer and even David Nevue hasn't been around all that long, but the rest of the list seems to be rock solid and indisputable beyond any reasonable doubt. Ha ha!

Mr. Super-Hunky..... Sam's updated ABF Recital index shows 130 Chopin submissions and 1 Chopin. (with a period).... I think he should still be at the top of the list...:)

As for that Unknown guy...never heard of him!

#1983827 - 11/07/12 04:29 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

130? I see 234 Chopin submissions shocked

#1983841 - 11/07/12 04:56 PM Re: Recital #28 --- Call For Submissions [Re: wouter79]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: wouter79
130? I see 234 Chopin submissions shocked

Hmmm, I think we discovered another "bug" in the new ABF Recital index... smirk
Browsing by composer: Chopin (234) + Chopin.(1) = 235
Browsing ABF Recital statistics: TOP 25 composers -> 1st, 125 Chopin
crazy

Originally Posted By: Mr Super-Hunky

28 : Mr Super-Hunkysmokin
(...)

wow I've noticed (and loved!) Mr Super-Hunky position in the table update (by himself). Did you? thumb

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha used U1/U3 or new B3?
by blackjack1777
11/23/14 10:41 PM
Keyboard for $500 - and software to help learn?
by Freebird308
11/23/14 09:35 PM
my struggle to learn pop piano
by carojm36
11/23/14 08:51 PM
Compare Steinway, Estonia & Shigeru Kawai
by Nxwang
11/23/14 07:20 PM
Do you ask Santa for piano music?
by Stubbie
11/23/14 07:16 PM
Forum Stats
77024 Members
42 Forums
159305 Topics
2340122 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission