Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1983005 - 11/05/12 12:01 PM Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List!
rysowers Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Olympia, WA
www.pianova.net

(ad PTG 568) Win a Year Journal Subscription
PTG 57th Annual Convention - Atlanta
#1983092 - 11/05/12 03:34 PM Re: Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List! [Re: rysowers]
David Jenson Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Wow! We beat out mailbox repair again! ... 'Undignified fist pump!
-----

#1983162 - 11/05/12 06:42 PM Re: Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List! [Re: rysowers]
That Guy Offline

Loc: Lincoln, NE
Way to go everybody! Let's keep up the good work.
www.thattuningguy.com

#1983186 - 11/05/12 07:41 PM Re: Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List! [Re: rysowers]
David Jenson Offline
2000 Post Club Member

I've compared notes with other service people, and they often point out with envy that tuners work with some of the nicest people. Maybe that Angies List rating is a reflection of our clients' temperaments AND ... our commitment to professionalism.

Edited by David Jenson (11/05/12 07:42 PM)
Edit Reason: grammar
-----

#1983199 - 11/05/12 08:07 PM Re: Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List! [Re: David Jenson]
Ryan Hassell Offline

Loc: Farmington, MO
Originally Posted By: David Jenson
I've compared notes with other service people, and they often point out with envy that tuners work with some of the nicest people. Maybe that Angies List rating is a reflection of our clients' temperaments

Oh great...here we go with the "temperaments" discussion all over again. :-)
www.hassellspianotuning.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hassells-Piano-Tuning/163155880804
ryanhassell@hotmail.com

#1983202 - 11/05/12 08:19 PM Re: Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List! [Re: Ryan Hassell]
David Jenson Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Ryan Hassell
Originally Posted By: David Jenson
I've compared notes with other service people, and they often point out with envy that tuners work with some of the nicest people. Maybe that Angies List rating is a reflection of our clients' temperaments

Oh great...here we go with the "temperaments" discussion all over again. :-)
'Kinda stuck my foot in it didn't I? 'Shouldv said, clients' niceness.
-----

#1983332 - 11/06/12 07:52 AM Re: Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List! [Re: rysowers]
UnrightTooner Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Bradford County, PA
Hmmm, reminds me of the observation that person A likes person B because of who person A is, not because of who person B is.

Like yesterday's appointment. The place was unlocked, nobody there, and a blank signed check was waiting on the piano for me. Later, someone did arrive. I was expecting them and took some time to explain and demonstrate how to play a harmonica and what it's limitations are.

Yeah, we have great customers. But do we treat them like we do because of who they are or because of who we are?

#1983385 - 11/06/12 10:51 AM Re: Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List! [Re: UnrightTooner]
rysowers Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: UnrightTooner

Yeah, we have great customers. But do we treat them like we do because of who they are or because of who we are?

Yes!thumb
www.pianova.net

#1983412 - 11/06/12 12:01 PM Re: Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List! [Re: rysowers]
Emmery Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Niagara Region, On. Canada
The partial explanation for the selected services in the article was that "They’re personalized services in which the providers listen to their customers to determine what they want and then they find the best way to deliver that."

We are rarely dealing with faceless people and usually get to meet them in person, this garners a closer relationship between us and the customer than some agent on the end of a phone.

Yesterday, I got a call from a fellow who needed his DP repaired and he had already called a half dozen piano techs who all blew him off with the "I only work on acoustics" line. I gave him a few minutes of my time suggesting things like checking fuzes, contacting the makers service reps, and the phone number of a local MITA tech who may be able to assist him. About 20 minutes later he called back thanking me again, and then booked an appointment to tune his wifes piano.

Just being nice to people has tremendous clout in this day and age when other people can only see their bottom line or can't spare a moment of their day to help someone.

#1983511 - 11/06/12 04:55 PM Re: Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List! [Re: Emmery]
Silverwood Pianos Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vancouver B. C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Emmery

Just being nice to people has tremendous clout in this day and age when other people can only see their bottom line or can't spare a moment of their day to help someone.

Proven time and time again over the years...
http://www.facebook.com/SilverwoodPianosDotCom
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

#1983550 - 11/06/12 07:08 PM Re: Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List! [Re: rysowers]
David Jenson Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: rysowers
Originally Posted By: UnrightTooner

Yes!thumb
A "Yes" answer to both parts of that question. Are we diplomatic or what? No wonder our customers love us!
-----

#1983868 - 11/07/12 06:30 PM Re: Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List! [Re: rysowers]
That Guy Offline

Hey, does anybody know what you can do if someone would post a bad report about you on Angies List? Do you have a chance to defend yourself or to make it right? Or would it be just a general comment about piano tuners in general and no names are used?
www.thattuningguy.com

#1984027 - 11/08/12 07:02 AM Re: Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List! [Re: That Guy]
UnrightTooner Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Bradford County, PA
Originally Posted By: That Guy
Hey, does anybody know what you can do if someone would post a bad report about you on Angies List? Do you have a chance to defend yourself or to make it right? Or would it be just a general comment about piano tuners in general and no names are used?

Why do you ask? Are you planning on dodging or slinging mud? (Sorry, the election mentality will take a while to wear off! laugh laugh laugh )

#1984032 - 11/08/12 07:36 AM Re: Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List! [Re: That Guy]
MacDan Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I have been an Angie's List customer for a long time, and I always post reviews of any business I get from the list.

I have seen responses to reviews from the business, I believe.

Why don't you call them and ask what the process is? I am sure they will tell you.

Dan

#1984036 - 11/08/12 07:45 AM Re: Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List! [Re: rysowers]
That Guy Offline

Thanks Dan. That's a good idea.
www.thattuningguy.com

#1984104 - 11/08/12 10:31 AM Re: Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List! [Re: rysowers]
That Guy Offline

They have a complaint resolution team so I assume you would have a chance to set things straight.

http://www.angieslist.com/howitworks.aspx
www.thattuningguy.com

#1984110 - 11/08/12 10:47 AM Re: Piano tuners are top of the "nice" list for Angies List! [Re: That Guy]
MacDan Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
When a customer submits a review, good or bad, staff from Angie's List typically contacts the business to verify the work was done, as I understand it.

If you're not familiar with Angie's List, the only way a business can get on it is to be reviewed by a member.

When the member submits a review, it is vetted by the staff and any questions that might exist are addressed to either the member or business at that time. The review will not be posted until it has been vetted, so it's not like you can submit a review and have it posted immediately.

I believe that if the business is not currently in their database they will call and collect information so it can be presented with the business's listing on Angie's List.

I have been a member for a long time, and I always consult Angie's List when I have a need for services or am considering a large purchase. For $20 or $25 a year it's money well spent.

My new to me piano tuner will get a review when he comes to tune my piano on the 20th. He doesn't know this yet, but I will tell him when he comes.

I am a great believer in promoting local businesses, especially small ones, especially when they do a good job.

Dan

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
77 registered (Atrys, AndrewJCW, Art_Vandelay, a-z0-9, 18 invisible), 1173 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75569 Members
42 Forums
156242 Topics
2294618 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Will a Damp-Chaser fill in the cracks in a sound-board?
by Paul678
Today at 12:36 AM
The Mason & Hamlin Tension Resonator: Help or Hype???
by Paul678
Today at 12:06 AM
What piano do i have?
by allana
Yesterday at 11:43 PM
Moving to Intermediate Level
by Gisele
Yesterday at 11:15 PM
Mixer
by doremi
Yesterday at 10:48 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission