2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
61 members (36251, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 9 invisible), 1,443 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Pitch Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi all!

I had a wonderfull experience after a performance last week. Chances are good I go on tour with a writer of a book regarding talent...i'm still flabbergasted by all the positive responses I got on my own songs...

The organisation adviced me to look around for a stage piano, because de-assembling and assembling my Roland F110 every two weeks is not good for the instrument, although it's only 8 screws...they offered me to sponsor my new stage piano!!! laugh

The organistion is a non profit one, so budget isn't that great, but I expect to get something back for my Roland...

I'm looking around and think I will go for the Roland Fp-4F. When choosing for my current F110 I had the best feeling with Roland, compared to mostly Yamaha at that time...

Than I thought about this forum and would appreciate any insights of you knowledgable lot concerning choosing a stagepiano. I will most likely have to play every other week until May, so mobility is important. Internal speakers not so important, but the feel of the keys are (which is why I chose Roland)...I have a 3 door, Seat Ibiza from 2009, so in this case, size dóés matter...

thank you for any responses...

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
People on here are coo-ing over the new Casio's, maybe the PX350? I've not tried one so can't say or compare to the FP4F. Check the threads on here and demo's on YT.

You probably need to think about speaker capability or external amp/speakers whatever you choose. The FP4F speakers are pathetic, OK for home practice but not much else.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hi Pitch,

Yes, given your experience with the F-110, the FP-4F is a great choice. The piano sound and keyboard action have been improved since the F-110, and of course you will be gaining the portability.

By the way, congrats on receiving such a great opportunity!

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
P
Pitch Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Going to try some out today.

I did fell in love with the korg Sv-1 Vintage stage piano.
I think that wonder might spark new creative impulses. But still have to wait what will be my budget...

I'm very humbled in this oppurtunity and it scares the heck out of me. This might be a life altering oppurtunity. I know this is is 'it' for me. The feedback I got still is overwhelming...I will never forget the woman who thanked me while she was holding back tears due to my music.

Gonna try some instruments today in a newly opened store here today...
Thank you tfor the replies and will surely check out the Casio's...I get a negative vibe by that brand, but if there is anything I've learned is that everything deserves a second chance...I still see Casio as that cheap digital watch I had when I was young, compared to a, well let's say a Rolex...:)

I just can't forget the expression and experience my Roland gave me thusfar...that is what I'm looking for...:)

P
Pitch Offline OP
OP Offline
P
So, tested the fp-4f and while I was at it, also played the 7F...
I regret doing that...The 7F added so much more depth for me...

The 4f felt like a dinkytoy afterwards...

Still waiting for the budget, but I'm prepared to sell my iPad and my big ass TV if needed to get the 7F...
Couldn't feel the Korg SV-1 yet. Still interested in the different kind of experience that can give...

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Agree 7F far better than the 4F. Hope you can stretch to it if you go in that direction.

6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
One thought, spend some time choosing a stand for the keyboard.

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X | Roland RD 2000 | Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
P
Pitch Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Dave Horne

Thank you Dave. I did think about that. At first I will focus on mobility (weight and size) and adjustability.

But as you advice me to think about it, you might also have some insights on that matter I could use to think about it better? I think you mean to think about others than Roland owns stands?

In the end it has to look good at home too, but that is not my priority...

If weight is a consideration for your stand, I'd strongly advise looking at the K&M 18880. It sets up in seconds and because it's aluminium, it can easily carried in one hand.

Live: Casio PX-5S | Hammond SK1
Studio: Yamaha CP4 | Hammond SK2 | Kurzweil PC361 | Moog Sub 37
P
Pitch Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thx Aidan, looks perfect!

6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Pitch

Thank you Dave. I did think about that. At first I will focus on mobility (weight and size) and adjustability.

But as you advice me to think about it, you might also have some insights on that matter I could use to think about it better? I think you mean to think about others than Roland owns stands?

In the end it has to look good at home too, but that is not my priority...

I use the QuikLok M-91. It's heavy, quite heavy, but it folds flat and looks nice. Don't skimp on a stand ... and avoid those X type stands.

P
Pitch Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks, will take both in consideration. Being light is only a luxury for transporting, because I'm lazy...

thanks for the input guys!

P
Pitch Offline OP
OP Offline
P
So, no sponsorship, but I get 3500,- euros + expenses, for 20 performances (playing 3 songs and talking for 3 minutes) Still flabbergasted by that.

So want to order my new piano this week! smile *does happy dance*

Have narrowed it down to three options:

- Roland FP-7F
- Korg SV-1RV-88 Stage Vintage Piano Limited Edition
- Roland RD-700NX stagepiano Version 2

Gonna play them all again this week, but am open to other suggestions.
I'm a little bit in love with the Korg and the possible future creative impulses that machine offers and love the look and feel. As I understood the keys are the same as within the Roland top line...

V
V
In that situation I'd probably be considering Kawai MP6/10 too.

6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
Pitch, what's the name of the book and the author? I'm curious since I also live in the Netherlands.

P
Pitch Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Pitch, what's the name of the book and the author? I'm curious since I also live in the Netherlands.

This is the link to the dedicated page:

http://ikkiesvoormijntalent.wordpress.com/about/

A
6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
A
As your budget has crept up, I would also consider trying the Yamaha CP5 and the Nord Piano 2. If you're going to be carrying the gear yourself, the Nord has the advantage of lightest weight, and it also has the widest range of different piano sounds (i.e. Yamaha, Steinway, Bosendorfer, uprights, etc.). It gets some criticisms for the action, but that's subjective, I don't mind it... in fact, I prefer its action to SV1 you like, at least based on a very brief experience with each.

P
Pitch Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Will for sure try the Nord Piano 2. I must not forget that the piano sound is the utmost important thing for me...I think the Nord Piano stands out in that...i'm just drawn to the SV1 of Korg because of the creative impulses I got when fiddling with the sounds and the ease of no menus...

Will research more and not make an over hastly decision with this oppurtunity smile

(I'm very much excited atm ;))

A
6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Pitch
Will for sure try the Nord Piano 2.
i'm just drawn to the SV1 of Korg because of the creative impulses I got when fiddling with the sounds and the ease of no menus...

That's another thing you will probably like about the Nord... it's another one that uses a lot of direct buttons instead of menu diving. It's kind of one of Nord's claims to fame, the immediacy of their interfaces. (And the Yamaha would be pretty much the opposite!)

P
Pitch Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Played the Nord Stage Piano yesterday. They didn't have the NOrd Piano 2 in the store, but told me the keys and sounds of the piano were the same...

they tapped me on the shoulder and told me I was playing it already for 40 minutes...
Made my decision...Nord Piano 2 it will be! Now only decide on the monitors and stand and will get it probably in a week or so...

I loved the sound and feel of that thing! blown away by it really...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission