2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, danno858, benkeys, brennbaer, DaCapoDiTuttiCapi, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, 11 invisible), 1,854 guests, and 328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
OP Offline
M
After a very long (almost 2.5 months) repair period without my under warranty Casio PX-330, Casio was good enough to replace it with a brand new one.

In the meantime, to cover pianist gigs, I had picked up a Casio CDP-120. Since I mainly use the CDP as a controller, I'm happy with it, and I don't really need the PX-330.

Is there a FOR SALE area on the forums, or is offering it here allowed? I don't want to break any rules that might apply. Thanks.

Solo Piano CD of original pieces, entitled 'Journeys'. You can listen to samples on Spotify and YouTube.
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
I sold my used PX330 for a very good price on, dah-dah, eBay. Maybe craigslist works better in the US?

Many people do what you have just done and mention it in a thread. There is for sale classifieds section on PW (not free).

About the CDP-120, as I'm also looking for a lightweight controller and am considering the Yamaha P35. How do you find the action for piano?

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
I would use Craigslist but with caution: I sold many keyboards/monitors and things on it.
Take video and pictures of the items;
If possible meet the person in public;
little tricky with a DP-- but when I sold my P95 they plugged it into their car and tested it.

Also, consider how much money would you lose on the PX330?
Would it make more sense to return the CDP120 if possible?
-I did consider the CDP120 but got a PX130 at the time for 375

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61
B
B
Originally Posted by Michael H
After a very long (almost 2.5 months) repair period without my under warranty Casio PX-330, Casio was good enough to replace it with a brand new one.

In the meantime, to cover pianist gigs, I had picked up a Casio CDP-120. Since I mainly use the CDP as a controller, I'm happy with it, and I don't really need the PX-330.

Is there a FOR SALE area on the forums, or is offering it here allowed? I don't want to break any rules that might apply. Thanks.

I am in exactly the same situation here in the UK.
Casio took six weeks to repair my PX-330 and didn't listen, it came back will the fault still loud and clear.
They too then sent me a brand new PX -330, I was hoping rather that they would send me a new PX-350 for all my troubles but apparently there are non available until Jan 2013 here in the UK.
But I managed to find a dealer with them in stock and purchased one.
So I too have a new boxed PX-330 for sale in the UK.
I may be going down the e bay route but I cant stomach the 15% commission so have tried some of the free ads firstly.

Last edited by Bigmark; 11/11/12 04:31 PM.
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the input guys! I don't use eBay for selling anything big, not just because of their high commissions, but because there are a lot of flaky buyers. Suppose even after you explain there are no returns, they say they don't want an item? Many times eBay will side with the buyer. With Craigslist at least it's a 'try it to see if you want to buy it' type deal.

That's a great deal for a PX-130 Possum! I see you have the new Yamaha P105. What do you think of it, especially the action compared to the Casio's? I was thinking of getting one after I sell the PX-330. I also like the fact that Yamaha service centers are all over locally, whereas Casio ones are not. I got my CDP-120 for about $275, and I figured to get up to $550 for the PX, so I figure it's worth selling it (unless I'm being too optimistic about what it's worth).

spanishbuddha, I like the Casio actions, all of them pretty much. Several keyboards I've had with the Yamaha GHS action I haven't liked the action at all. Someone mentioned in a thread that the P105 GHS action feels a little better. That would be nice. I do think that the Yamaha piano sound is better, has better sustain, and more flexible reverb etc. The Yamaha's also have half damping even in the cheaper P35.

Bigmark, that's too bad. We're in the same boat. I could have gotten a PX-350 here in the U.S., but didn't want to add another $150+ to what I paid for the PX-330, especially since I don't use the sounds that much.

Last edited by Michael H; 11/11/12 05:37 PM.

Solo Piano CD of original pieces, entitled 'Journeys'. You can listen to samples on Spotify and YouTube.
G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
Shipping even a small piano is a pain. If you live near a population center, craiglist is way better (they come pick it up themselves), and you can leave up the ad as long as you want. When I lived in Chicago I could sell almost anything I wanted for a fair price immediately, so I think of it as an amazing place for selling pianos and other audio equipment.

I currently live in the sticks. Not a very good craigslist market. I'll probably still put my piano on there.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by gvfarns
Shipping even a small piano is a pain. If you live near a population center, craiglist is way better (they come pick it up themselves), and you can leave up the ad as long as you want. When I lived in Chicago I could sell almost anything I wanted for a fair price immediately, so I think of it as an amazing place for selling pianos and other audio equipment.

I currently live in the sticks. Not a very good craigslist market. I'll probably still put my piano on there.

Sometimes it requires patience with Craigslist, but I've always found it to be worth the effort too.

S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
MichaelH H: Just out of curiousity, what was the problem with the PX-330? Mine had a fault recently - it would not complete the power up sequence, stopping with all LEDs on, and displaying "Please Wait" on the screen. Fortunately, it was repaired promptly though. (under warranty)

Greg.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by sullivang
MichaelH H: Just out of curiousity, what was the problem with the PX-330? Mine had a fault recently - it would not complete the power up sequence, stopping with all LEDs on, and displaying "Please Wait" on the screen. Fortunately, it was repaired promptly though. (under warranty)

Greg.

Hi Greg,

I believe I know you from the Pianoteq forum, how's it going! AFA my initial problem, it was a few noisy keys (metallic sound on release), one of which had gotten progressively worse over time. I was hesitant to send it back, but I did, and when I got it back, it had more problems due to what I believe was shipping damage.

So your issue may not be all that common, however noisy action on these has been noted a number of times. My impression of all these sub $1K keyboards, Yamaha included, is that they're not particularly robust. My new CDP-120 started with a similar noise as soon as I took it out of the box, but I'm going to live with it unless it gets horrendous.

I'm not meaning to rag on these manufacturers. I think it's incredible what we get for the money these days, and with such light weight and low price, something has to be compromised I guess. To me, the Casio's feel terrific.

Last edited by Michael H; 11/11/12 07:51 PM.

S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
Thanks Michael, and yes, that's me over on the Pianoteq forum. smile

And I agree - we are getting good value for money!

Greg.

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Michael H

That's a great deal for a PX-130 Possum! I see you have the new Yamaha P105. What do you think of it, especially the action compared to the Casio's? I was thinking of getting one after I sell the PX-330. I also like the fact that Yamaha service centers are all over locally, whereas Casio ones are not. I got my CDP-120 for about $275, and I figured to get up to $550 for the PX, so I figure it's worth selling it (unless I'm being too optimistic about what it's worth).

I had a P95 before and find the 105 to be an improvement #1 in the speakers and #2 the piano sounds- in terms of the action i would say it is average for any 88 key sub $500 piano- and that I find the Casio's more realistic, especially the 350 (waiting to get my replacement from MF- I didnt like the spacing)
I would recommend the 105 over the 150, but not over the 350.

Are you still able to return the 120? If you can, combining that with a sale via CL of the 330 could cover a 350.

I had some bites on CL of 375 for my 130 (I am going to use it as a travel board) so I think you could get 500-525 for the 330 (remember, at a certain price point it pays for the consumer to get a new model).
As a reference point, I sold my P95 for 250; it was either too hard to fit the stand/pedals in the car and I would have taken a loss on them so i went with the p105.

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61
M
OP Offline
M
Possum,

Good point about pricing it right. I sometimes don't think it through- although I don't fall into the trap where people want to get back all they paid for something (and then they wonder why it's not selling):)

I do believe the PX-330 action was a bit better than my CDP-120's, but not by a lot, so unless I end up really liking the P105, I'll just stick with the CDP. That's because I've been spoiling myself by using the Vintage D software for the last six months. It's a pain bringing a laptop, but when you sit down to play it's sheer pleasure, and worth a fair amount of hassle.

I wish I'd known about the Vintage D before I finished my solo piano CD earlier this year. For that I used Pianoteq 3 and the final piano sound wasn't nearly as convincing as it could have been.

Last edited by Michael H; 11/11/12 09:57 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission