Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#1997869 - 12/11/12 12:33 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

or in 1 step: drop the camera file in VLC and use its export function to extract the audio right away.

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1997976 - 12/11/12 04:29 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Mark R. Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pretoria, South Africa
Ah, hartelijk bedankt, Wouter, that's the type of information I was hoping for... smile I'll download VLC and check it out, and with any (bad) luck, you guys will be hearing from me at the 29th recital.

1922 49" Zimmermann, project piano.
1970 44" Ibach, daily music maker.

#1998176 - 12/12/12 03:10 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Mark R.]
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
Originally Posted By: Mark R.
Hi all,

I'm a bit confused about the difference between the "piano bars" and the "quarterly recitals", both of them being in the ABF.

Any clarification appreciated!
Mark

Piano bar = Paper napkins.

Quarterly recitals = Linen tablecloths.

I could elaborate but this pretty much sums it up. Why not start out with a piano bar entry as a warm up and then jump in the next recital in Feb?

#1998182 - 12/12/12 03:40 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Mark R. Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pretoria, South Africa
Right, paper napkins it'll be for a start. (But I need to tune my Ibach first - napkins or not. wink )

1922 49" Zimmermann, project piano.
1970 44" Ibach, daily music maker.

#1998514 - 12/12/12 05:50 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
PianoStudent88 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
A few comments.

44. Valencia -- work in progress, Chopin Etude Op. 25 No. 11. Sounded very good.

40. Sam S -- Chopin, Raindrop Prelude. A great piece, that I could listen to many times.

36. lyricmudra -- Liszt, Consolation No. 3. Wow. Beautifully smooth flow and balance.

31. zrtf90 Richard -- Faure, Romance Sans Paroles Op. 17 No. 3. Overplayed and underrehearsed? Not that I could hear.

28. MaryBee -- Für Elise. I love this piece, and you played it with complete mastery.

25. Hawgdriver -- Chopin, Nocturne in B flat minor, Op.9/1. Chopin is growing on me. I wish I could play as delicately and smoothly as you do in this Nocturne.

23. SandTiger -- Original, Shimmer. I can hear your joy in playing piano in this composition.

12. Jake S. -- Chopin, Prelude Op. 24 No. 4. It is mind-boggling to me that at only 10 months you are playing this well.

10. TimmyAB -- Debussy, Arabesque No. 1. I love this kind of waterfall music, and you play it so nicely.

04. Peyton -- Original, Message from space: waiting for the sun. I loved this piece, look forward to what you'll play in the next recital, and will be checking the recital index to hear more of your playing.

02. jaredm2012 Jared Miller -- Nobuo Uematsu, To Zanarkand. I would have said you had been playing for years, not just 5 months, from listening to your playing. This was a sensitive rendition.

I am awed by the composers and improvisers in the group, and by the people who can make complex music slide flowingly from their fingers. I am impressed by everyone's courage and generosity in sharing your playing in the recital.

Chopin is growing on me, and I have all the Chopin performers in this recital to thank for my new interest.

#1998889 - 12/13/12 11:34 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

>Ah, hartelijk bedankt, Wouter, that's the type of information I was hoping for...

Met plezier, houd vingers gekruist dat VLC kan je camera formaat te verwerken!

#1999036 - 12/13/12 04:24 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Sam Rose

05. wouter79 - Les Baricades Misterieuses
Impeccable piano sound, as usual. Your playing seems to get more confident and musical every time out. I've never heard of this composer, but your playing makes me want to learn about him, which means you've done your job really well. I wonder what you'll be playing in four or five recitals from now!! Thank you!

Thanks Sam! I also wonder about 5 recitals away, but I think I know what I will be playing two recitals from now since I'm already working on that laugh

Originally Posted By: Starr Keys
Wouter79 – I found this lighter and more charming and emotional than your usual selections from the period. Nice to see another side of Wouter79.

Thanks Starr Keys! looking at my todo list
there will definitely be more sides coming!
Originally Posted By: MaryBee
I was wondering that too. As far back as I can remember, there was always a piano in our house. My mom used to play, and maybe some great aunts when they would come to visit. Perhaps somewhere in that long-distant past, someone sat down at that piano and played this piece.

Thanks for the additional info. Or maybe I played something in a very similar way as they played?

#2005434 - 12/28/12 10:46 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
scorpio Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Connecticut, USA
After listening to the recital, I am inspired. Such beautiful pieces. I look forward to contributing to my first recital in the months and/or years ahead.

Happy New Year to all. And thank you for sharing your work.

#2005947 - 12/29/12 09:44 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
floydthebarber71 Offline

Loc: South Africa
Wow, no.25 by Hawgdriver is really great. Thanks for that.

I also hope to contribute soon. However I'm just getting going with piano, so maybe I'll skip a couple.

Self-taught renegade - Kawai CL-36

#2005985 - 12/29/12 11:33 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
How nice that people are still listening to the recital, and taking the time to comment.

I agree with you, floydthebarber71, about Hawgdriver's piece. I thought it was lovely.

We have had recitalists with only a couple of weeks worth of experience, so if the spirit moves please join any time. We *are* the beginners forum, after all.

Thanks again to those who are listening afresh.

Cathy

#2006035 - 12/29/12 01:36 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
A promise is a promise, so here are my last comments on comments.

Greener, Inlanding, SwissMS, Ganddalf, zrtf90 - I'm glade you like my piece. Thanks for your comment.

Kenjazz - The melancholy tone was not willful ... I just tried to keep the "wave" of the original melody. The piano sound is better but I still can not make the recording sound more "rich". Thank you.

Lyricmudra - As I said before, I tried to not make an abrupt transition to my composition. Thank you for your comment.

Sam Rose - I had doubts about sending my 1st "real" composition for the recital. But my daughter gave a "push"... Without her I had not even done the extension. Thanks for your comment.

Happy new year!!!

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2015305 - 01/16/13 07:04 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
MusicaMusique Offline

jotur, jazzwee, zrtf90, casinitaly, Sam S, Windywindy, BillM, MrSuperHunky, Ganddalf, Starr Keys, Andy Platt, TX-Dennis, Greener, CebuKid, CarlosCC, lyricmudra, bessel, BeccaBb,Amaruk, MaryBee, jazztpt, SwissMs, Inlanding, Allard, CMohr

Sorry for the late reply! I am glad to have you guys commented on my very first time Recital. blush

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions, many of you mentioned about the loud background. I should had recorded it with USB ^_^ It is the technical problem I need to learn about for my further recording in the future.

01. CarlosCC,
When I listen to your recording, it makes me think of some of the theme song of Final Fantasy, I don't know why.

Beautifully done!! Yours sounds more like Classic, I don't know why Starr Keys put us together, laugh

My note reading skill is very weak, if I need to learn a song by reading notes, it takes me forever.

#2015330 - 01/16/13 08:04 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: MusicaMusique]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Originally Posted By: MusicaMusique
jotur, jazzwee, zrtf90, casinitaly, Sam S, Windywindy, BillM, MrSuperHunky, Ganddalf, Starr Keys, Andy Platt, TX-Dennis, Greener, CebuKid, CarlosCC, lyricmudra, bessel, BeccaBb,Amaruk, MaryBee, jazztpt, SwissMs, Inlanding, Allard, CMohr

Sorry for the late reply! I am glad to have you guys commented on my very first time Recital. blush

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions, many of you mentioned about the loud background. I should had recorded it with USB ^_^ It is the technical problem I need to learn about for my further recording in the future.

01. CarlosCC,
When I listen to your recording, it makes me think of some of the theme song of Final Fantasy, I don't know why.

Beautifully done!! Yours sounds more like Classic, I don't know why Starr Keys put us together, laugh

My note reading skill is very weak, if I need to learn a song by reading notes, it takes me forever.

Thanks MusicaMusique!
Your note reminded me that I have to start preparing the next recital... wink

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Help with forum for Musette in D Major...
by ieatglitter14
10/21/14 05:27 PM
The 2 Most Common Questions Conundrum
by chernobieff
10/21/14 02:44 PM
Heroic Polonaise help please...
by ChopinLives81
10/21/14 02:28 PM
Maurizio Pollini at Carnegie Hall
by Works1
10/21/14 12:53 PM
Steinway event
by Radio.Octave
10/21/14 11:18 AM
Who's Online
139 registered (36251, ajames, accordeur, A Guy, 35 invisible), 1735 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76608 Members
42 Forums
158401 Topics
2326116 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission