Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#1986836 - 11/14/12 10:07 PM Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Welcome to the General Discussion Room for the AB Forum Recital #28!!!

Please use this room for any discussion of the pieces in Recital #28 that is taking place in the Main Recital Thread.

Discussions and replies can be posted at-will. Feel free to comment on any or all individual pieces. Some members offer comments on each submission individually; others offer general congratulations. Either approach is appropriate. Feel free to offer more specific, technical feedback if the participant had indicated that technical feedback was welcome.

For those who wish to comment on all pieces, a copy and paste template for offering feedback can be found here:

Recital #28 Response Template

Please use this thread only to discuss recital performances. If you have any comments or suggestions about ways to make the recital process better, please start a separate thread.

Enjoy the music! heart

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1986879 - 11/14/12 10:42 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
There's nothing I like as much as punching the "play" button on the streaming player while I'm doing the rest of the recital work. What a great group of selections! I'll start commenting on individual pieces tomorrow, but I just wanted to offer my congratulations to everybody who participated, as well as my appreciation. I know just how hard it is to face down that Red Dot. Thank you all for being willing to do so! heart

#1986907 - 11/15/12 12:26 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
jazzwee Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: So. California
I did this randomly but I got so many here that some may be offended that I missed. But rest assured, I actually listened completely randomly. Just have a small batch remaining. In general, it's amazing how people have improved so much from these recitals. I've been on so many of these now and I can hear the development among so many of you. Something to be really proud of. And Monica, it's amazing how much work you put into making sure everything runs smooth and organized. THANK YOU.

So here are my comments...

01. CarlosCC - Canzone Popolare (Francia 1500ca) - Original extended cover
Your playing is very nice Carlos. Really pretty tone and evenly played with really nice legato. So is this improvised or your additional playing was pre-planned? Whichever it is, it sounds really good. You at least "composed" the additional stuff really well. Great work!

02. jaredm2012 Jared Miller - To Zanarkand
Fabulous job for 5 months! You are doing really well. You are playing evenly with really good tone and balance. I would say you're doing amazing work and welcome to a first recital. What an opener!

03. cebukid - Bach Invention 1 in C-Major (BWV 772)
Very nice! So even with really nice legato and nice balance between the hands. This is really good work.

04. Peyton - Message From Space: Waiting for the Sun
...Like an impressionistic painting. It just sets up a really nice imagery for me. A musical montage. Very impressive, expressive and really enjoyable. And of course such fantastic tone on the piano.

05. wouter79 - Les Baricades Misterieuses
What a very wonderful recording quality. No wonder you're able to critique us all on that front, you certainly have it figured out. This is really a pretty piece which I haven't heard before. I said this before, you need to really slow it down to listen to some micro-timing issues. I can sense you controlling rubato but what you're not hearing is the unevenness between the notes. Otherwise very enjoyable!

06. Amaruk - Summer '78
Very pretty tone! Delicate sound you're bringing out. Wonderful evenness. You have pretty good time. Lovely.

07. dannylux / Mel - Kosenko Consolation Op.9 No.1
So mesemerizing. Always looking forward to your playing. Really great listen. I'm hearing of course the "lots of years" as a kid. That's always the deep back story in such fine playing.

08. Greener / Jeff Green - Little Preludes No. 2 (BWV 934) & No. 4 (BWV 936)
Great stuff. Really enjoyed this. Such evenness and fantastic legato and tone.

09. Riddler (Ed) - Chelsea Bridge
I'm amazed first of all at your choices of tunes (as always). You must start working on the next one after each recital because there's so much to each one. Such difficult tunes. Your voicings and register spread here are really top notch. The tone you've achieved here is excellent as well. This is pianistically really well done. The recording quality is excellent as well.

10. timmyab - Arabesque no 1
Why the sigh at the 20 years? It shows in the sound. Really beautiful playing. Time to buy yourself an acoustic! I'm sure I can't hear all the nuances because you're playing on a digital. Great playing.

11. Mr Super-Hunky - Nothing Else Matters-original cover
Whoa you've changed your recording technique! The volume on this is so low. Anyway, I've maxed my volume but can't hear the fantastic fine points. First of all, from a playing perspective, your tone and evenness is outstanding. Really great stuff. I just wanted to hear more of the overtones and can't really appreciate all the beauty with the low volume. But I know it's there!

12. Jake S - Prelude no.4 in E minor
This piece is so good for developing good tone with chords and you are doing a fantastic job at that. And very nice work of bringing out the melody in the balance. The rubato though needs some work. Rubato still requires very even playing so something to focus on next to bring it to the next level. Amazing work BTW for 10 months.

13. Wj3 / Walt - Bethena
Fine performance Walt. Really enjoyed it. Probably lighten the LH more. Decide which voice you want to highlight. the LH notes were a little dominant...just comments to bring it up to the next level. Good job!

14. ladypayne - Early Winter
LadyPayne, this is quite a leap for you. It sounds great. Evenly played and powerful tone. Congrats on a big improvement!

15. (Was)TrueBeginner - Sandy
Nice job Sandy! Too bad the sound was so badly compressed in the recording. The only thing I can hear are the highs. But at least I can comment on the nice evenness and how the melody is standing out. I'm sure I'm missing out on other outstanding qualities because I can't hear it. I'm sure it's there!

16. BenPiano - Poem
I really liked this piece and your performance Ben. Really good work. For some improvement, maybe try reducing the percussiveness a little by pulling back a bit on the heavy hand. Just a little refinement.

17. Monica K. - Opening
Beautiful tone Monica! So mesmerizing to listen to. This is very hard to play evenly though and amazingly you did it well with little fade rhythmically. Your sense of time has definitely taken another step up. Great work!

19. Jazztpt (Russ) - You See
That was pretty amazing! You are quite the composer. Really nice progressions and voicings. Your tone is wonderful. Just an enjoyable top notch performance.

20. Inlanding - Glen - Angle Eye and Morning Greets the New Day
I recognize the iRealB backing track! First of all I haven't heard you play combo before so this was so refreshing and you did an awesome job. Congratulations! I really liked your sound here. BTW, I thought you misspelled Angel Eyes but apparently not smile This should solve your form/bar issues too I bet. Nothing like a combo to set the form.

21. Andy Platt - Gavotte and Variations
Lovely tone and really nice playing. You are progressing rather well! Congratulations!

22. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Romanza and The Little Music Box
Very nice progress Cheryl! What I notice here is an increased ability to be more delicate in your playing and given the short time you've been doing this, you're doing an awesome job. Really nice tone and evenness.

27. kenjazz (Ken) - Waltz For Debby
Amazing! Difficult tune to be working on. I waited to the very end because I wasn't sure you were going to take a solo. But you did and I was clapping for you. Great work. You nailed that head perfectly. Looks like you had a good arrangement.

28. MaryBee - Bagatelle No.25 in A minor (Fur Elise)
Very nice MaryBee! Sounds really good. Really nice tone and evenness. Some pedal muddiness to sort out and maybe some more play with dynamics for the future but overall a wonderful job.

29. Allard - Before the Last Leaf Falls (to do)

31. zrtf90 (Richard) - Romance Sans Paroles, Op. 17 No. 3
Beatiful piece. I just wish I could hear you play this on an acoustic. The DP doesn't do you justice here. Very enjoyable.

32. TX-Dennis/Dennis Turner - Be Thou My Vision
Awesome tone and touch. That was beautifully done. Such outstanding work making that melody stand out. And great evenness. Top notch!

36. lyricmudra - Consolation No. 3
Well you certainly haven't lost chops from a 35 year absence. That was really beautiful playing. Such exquisite tone you're getting. I'm glad you came back to the piano so we're not deprived of listening to such beautiful music.

37. TrapperJohn - I'll Be Seeing You
One of favorite standards and one which I often play at a gig. Really nice arrangement you chose here. Very enjoyable listen and thanks for the treat!

40. Sam S - Prelude Opus 28 number 15 (Raindrop)
This being one of the few classical pieces I have played, I can say I know what it takes. I'm impressed with your playing here. Such a nice balance of tone between the hands. Very nice evenness with enough rubato to feel it have motion. Your time/rhythm is excellent. Unfortunately, the recording quality takes from the enjoyment of listening to such a great performance. I can't appreciate the dynamics because of it. But I can tell you're doing it really well especially tbe buildup in the Storm section. This is the best I've heard from you. Congratulations!

43. Starr Keys - Broken Hearted Me
Starr Keys your voice is so wonderful. Please keep doing recitals accompanying yourself singing. It's just so entertaining and enjoyable! Great work.

44. Valencia - Work in Progress --Chopin's Etude 25/11
Very impressive Valencia! Definitely haven't lost your chops after leaving the instrument for awhile. You definitely had skills before you stopped. I'm glad you're back to playing so we don't get deprived of the pleasure. And sorry for accidentally missing your entry. I was doing this randomly and I got crosseyed.

45. jotur/Cathy Turner - Alexander's Ragtime Band
Another great sounding ragtime performance. Very even playing and really good tone. Excellent balance on the chords between the hands. Just watch out for the legato which gets lost on occasion. Wonderful!

46. Coldsalmon - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2
Your performance here would have indicated to me someone with years on the piano exceeding yours. Really well played. You made the melody stand out so well. The left hand balanced well. Legato was well done. Dynamics was wonderful. Evenness was outstanding. Overall really great stuff!

47. windywindy - Love Is All Around
Enjoyable cover of such a fabulous tune. Well done and welcome to a first recital. Really glad you took the plunge and with excellent results.

48. Teodor - Tereza's Inspiration (Original Piece)
It's amazing to see how much you're progressing and so quickly. This, first of all is a very nice composition and secondly played wonderfully. Great work.

49. BillM - When You Wish Upon A Star
What a treat! Excellent piano playing and singing as always. Your voice really sounds exceptional on this tune. When's the next gig?

50. Bessel - The Happy Farmer (Returning from Work), and Wild Horseman
Excellent job making that melody stand out and balancing the rest of the tone. You are progressing really well. Congrats!

51. PianoStudent88 - Minuets BWV Anh. 114, 115 (to do)
Great job here PS88! You have good evenness and really powerful tone. You're not afraid to dig in that's for sure. Keep at it!

52. Mar_red - Dom (Home) / Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Medley.
Nice work Mar_red and thanks for bringing Christmas early!

53. Sam Rose (Shmuel R) - Solfeggietto (Solfeggio) in C Minor
One thing I noticed was that your evenness has improved. Playing fast pieces like this can be dangerous for some but I can tell you didn't neglect your practice and your technique has gone up another notch. Wonderful job!

54. Norrec, Tim - Solitude
Very good job Tim. Not bad at all for just a little over a year. Really nice tone and evenness. Great work.

55. Mile Hi Steve - Halloween Potpourri
That was impressive. I thought it was a multi-track recording and was surprised to read that you're changing all this live. Looks like you have some real keyboard skills here. Maybe time to get a more sophisticated workstation smile Great job. This really sounds good for a play by ear.

Edited by jazzwee (11/16/12 12:44 PM)

#1986913 - 11/15/12 12:42 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
BenPiano Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: US
01. CarlosCC - Canzone Popolare (Francia 1500ca) - Original extended cover - As a certified Einaudi fan, I really liked your expansion of this prelude!

Often I've heard small snips of music, perhaps in my commute to work, and expanded on them in my mind. But to bring this out in reality on the piano is impressive.

Thumbs up and well done for a great start to this quarter's recital! wink

02. jaredm2012 Jared Miller - To Zanarkand - Very well done! As a 3+ year ABF participant, I feel like an old guy around here. I would offer a bit of sage advice, but you've already proved it - if one really loves a piece, it can be learned and played amazingly without regard to experience on piano!

03. cebukid - Bach Invention 1 in C-Major (BWV 772) - Ahh, children fighting it out to the death in the background as we immerse ourselves in piano for a brief moment during the day - completely normal as an adult piano playing parent! grin

Again, well done with this invention. All of these are seriously tricky!

05. wouter79 - Les Baricades Misterieuses - Very well played! This is an interesting piece - clearly Baroque yet with hints of new age type sounds. Couperin was clearly ahead of his time!

#1986915 - 11/15/12 01:01 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
BenPiano Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: US
06. Amaruk - Summer '78 - Great playing and really a tremendous job editing the video - it brought it all together.

07. dannylux / Mel - Kosenko Consolation Op.9 No.1 - Hmm, me likey! Wrote down the info for later - thanks for introducing me to this! (ok, those arpeggios sound killer, maybe not!) Some day... some day.

08. Greener / Jeff Green - Little Preludes No. 2 (BWV 934) & No. 4 (BWV 936) - It's really nice to hear some rarely played Bach in these ABF recitals. Well done!

#1986916 - 11/15/12 01:08 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Thanks, jazzwee. This was supposed to be the "calibration" recording so I wouldn't get clipping, etc :\ But it's the only time I got a recording, so, oh well laugh I had a great time with it.

This is what I've heard so far:

23. SandTiger - Shimmer What a delight! I loved the two themes and the interaction, and the ending was a perfect development. Bravo!

24. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Meditation A great find. Thanks for the link to the bio. How did you find this? It was very romantic, and would fit well with the pieces I do for seniors. Almost movie background music. I can see Fred Astaire making eyes at someone over a candlelit table in a fancy restaurant, fading into a walk-into-the-sunset hand in hand. Roll the credits. Lovely.

25. Hawgdriver - Nocturne This was lovely. Very contemplative, delicate, and expressive. Maybe even nostalgic. Beautifully played.

26. MusicaMusique - Je t'aimais I liked the movement in this piece - no lagging, steady forward. And very nicely played, too.

27. kenjazz (Ken) - Waltz for Debby That album was my first introduction to jazz. I still play it sometimes (it's on vinyl). I love your version, and I think "Liv" is perfect. I'll be listening again to this.

28. MaryBee - Bagatelle No. 25 I was caught up in it from the opening note. You really made it sing. Wonderfully expressive. Excellent, excellent.

29. Allard - Before the Last Leaf Falls Well done. I love the crescendo from the beginning. You played this with great sophistication.

30. jazzwee - Blue Monk That swings! You guys' energy not only comes across to your live audience, it comes right out of my computer speakers, too! Your comping is really tasteful, perfect. I loved it.

31. zrtf90 (Richard) - Romance sans Paroles "Over play and under rehearse" - I resemble that! But it was a very pretty piece, and well-played. Bet you're glad to be back to the piano, and you've been a great addition to the ABF, too.

32. Tx-Dennis/Dennis Turner - Be Thou My Vision Oh, very nice, Dennis. I like this arrangement, too. Sometimes I've played hymn arrangements that are so complicated or jazzed up they lose the hymn. But this arrangement and your playing kept the reverence. Well done.

Cathy

#1986927 - 11/15/12 01:51 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

Loc: Italy
I lost almost a month of practicing due to work and travel, so I couldn't make it for this recital, so sorry - for myself, not for you wink
But I'm browsing through the pieces and they're all a joy to listen! From what I've heard by now, I can say I'm absolutely in love with Yann Tiersen's piece played by Amaruk and the Philip Glass played by Monika K. I also loved Casinitaly's Romanza, Kenjazz's Waltz, and of course the beautiful rendition of Fur Elise by Marybee. So much great, heartfelt music to listen to!

#1986928 - 11/15/12 01:54 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Below are those that I've reviewed so far, which I listened to sequentially. Hopefully I'll be able to get to the rest on another day.

For those I skipped, no offense intended, I enjoyed all of the performances but only commented on those where I had something in particular I wanted to say.

Great job by all... I'm looking forward to participating next time (hopefully).

500 years old? Wow... not even remotely "ruined". I loved the dynamics and the rubato. I just might be in the market for a P85 (some day) based on hearing what you could do with it.

Without your description, and perhaps even without the title, I'm pretty sure I still would have "gotten it". It was that evocative, mesmerizing, and beautiful. Interesting that we have two others who posted pieces (cgyan @ #18 and Inlanding @ #20) with the same basic concept of night turning to day.

I've watched a few pre-dawn meteor showers with my kids, and it is a really nice experience gradually going from star gazing to the full light of day, and to enjoy every moment of that transition for its uniqueness, instead of bustling around and missing it all because we're too busy burning toast and worrying about whether our clothes match.

Yes, I made it through the whole 10 minutes, and it was well worth it. If they ever do "The Truman Show" for real, I think you should see if you can get hired to play for the sunrise so you can do that full version of 90 minutes. I'd listen.

Who knows what Couperin intended, but what I heard was a conversation between two people, or perhaps a group of people. Point and counterpoint (as you noted), breaking down barriers to understanding and common purpose. Great job -- it really spoke to me about keeping up the good fight of trying to work things out with people with whom it isn't always easy to do so.

06. Amaruk - Summer '78

Haunting at first, then optimistic, very nice job. I was a child at the time, makes me think of the wonders of childhood discovery.

Great job on those arpeggios, and I loved the slowdown at the end.

I love Debussy and your performance did this justice I thought. Particularly the quieter portions, very lovely and delicate.

12. Jake S - Prelude no.4 in E minor

Nice job. My wife would call this "the sort of thing Schroeder would play to make Snoopy howl". Commonly played, but with good reason as it wears well.

There were some spots, towards the end especially, where the notes were so soft as to be imperceptible or they sounded like they were foreshortened. Perhaps because they were played so tentatively that you were hovering on the key right at the point of engagement with the whatever-it-is on a digital that makes it do its thing. I have the same issue, so not sure what to recommend as helpful technical feedback re: helping, but pointing it out as a fellow struggler with trying to get to pp and ppp while still consistently getting the hammer to make good contact and not getting the damper on the string earlier than I intend either.

I did really like it though!

13. Wj3 / Walt - Bethena

Nice deliberate pace, I liked it a lot.

17. Monica K. - Opening

Lovely. Your hands sounded like the proper ones to me!

18. cgyan / Iain - Morning Light

I must say, the bar was set very high for this night to day concept by Peyton (#4), but this was fantastic. A very moving piece -- and you've executed it really wonderfully. Gave me chills.

20. Inlanding - Glen - Angle Eye and Morning Greets the New Day

For "Angle Eye": Over too soon! I loved it... had me tapping my foot and bopping around in my chair.

For "Morning Greets the New Day": A little darker than #4 and #18 in the trio of "morning" entries, but I really liked it. Nicely paced and understated.

22. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Romanza and The Little Music Box

I looked forward to hearing your entry in particular due to our back and forths over the last few days.

Very nicely done, they both seemed very "clean". I especially liked how you got "Music Box" to really sound like one!

Billy Joel next time? :-)

24. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Meditation

I've never heard of Cecile Chaminade, and come to think of it I can't name a single other female composer, so it's interesting to listen to this from that perspective. I'm a lightweight when it comes to classical though, so maybe she is widely known and there are other famous female composers that I don't know of?

Anyway, I'll likely get myself in trouble here by being misconstrued, so without regard to the gender of the composer, I really liked the piece, and found your performance to be so proficient that I was simply engrossed in hearing a composer's voice that I had not heard before and wasn't really noticing your performance per se. What I mean is, to me this is the pinnacle of a great interpretation, when we're focused on the feelings that are evoked -- i.e. the performer is in the service of the music and not vice versa.

I thought you nailed it in that regard. Great job.

27. kenjazz (Ken) - Waltz For Debby

Very impressive. I would have never guessed that it was simplified in any way.

28. MaryBee - Bagatelle No.25 in A minor (Fur Elise)

I think of "Fur Elise" as being to classical piano what Kool & The Gang's "Celebration" is to wedding receptions. It's far and away #1 on my list of "pieces I would never consider doing because they are so overplayed".

So, honestly, I wasn't really planning to listen to this one. But, your "Additional Info" comments stopped me short. After reading your comments, and listening to your performance in light of those comments, I see Fur Elise in a new light -- one of artistic vulnerability that you modeled for us so well.

Thanks for making yourself vulnerable with this piece. I thought you did a fantastic job!

30. Jazzwee - Blue Monk

Ummm... wow!?! "Too percussive"? Goodness, I'm not even sure I know what that means. Of course, I know what it means in plain English, but really it just sounded stupendous to me. If I play daily, I'm virtually certain I won't be able to play live like this even twenty years from now.

Awesome hearing a truly live recording here. Loved every second of it.

32. TX-Dennis/Dennis Turner - Be Thou My Vision

Beautiful version of a beautiful hymn. You did a great job of the balance between the hands, the right just rings out so nicely. Beautiful tone from the Kawai.

35. MrPozor - The Doll's Funeral

Nicely done!

Regarding getting the piano tuned. I would say that if you have to ask, then the answer is "yes". It should be tuned once or twice a year depending on who you ask. If you only get it tuned when you can hear that it is out of tune, that's not a good thing. This is coming from someone who has had a dis-used spinet that has not been tuned for at least ten years, and has now fallen by a half step and even by a whole step in the very highest notes. Not good for the piano, or the ears.

Exquisite. I've listened to most of the submissions, many are "wonderful", "lovely", "beautiful", and so on, but this is the only "exquisite" for me. I will be coming back to listen to it again and again.

37. TrapperJohn - I'll Be Seeing You

Thank you for sharing this with us. Very nicely done and a perfect song for so many situations.

38. DadAgain (& DadAgains Daughter) - Rondo Op163 #6

You two are amazing. My daughter (about the same age as yours, based on your prior posts) and I struggled to do "Jolly Old Saint Nicholas" together last Christmas, and you two are doing this!

Loved it.

It actually sounded not at all bad considering it was an internal mic!

Working on: my aversion to practicing in front of my wife

1978 Vose & Sons spinet "Rufus"
1914 Huntington upright "Mabel"

XXIX-XXXII

#1986930 - 11/15/12 02:08 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: aTallGuyNH]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: jazzwee
Well you certainly haven't lost chops from a 35 year absence. That was really beautiful playing. Such exquisite tone you're getting. I'm glad you came back to the piano so we're not deprived of listening to such beautiful music.

Originally Posted By: aTallGuyNH
Exquisite. I've listened to most of the submissions, many are "wonderful", "lovely", "beautiful", and so on, but this is the only "exquisite" for me. I will be coming back to listen to it again and again.

FYI -- I wrote my comments before seeing jazzwee's comments. So that's two completely independent "exquisites" for lyricmudra. Not bad at all for 35 years off!

Working on: my aversion to practicing in front of my wife

1978 Vose & Sons spinet "Rufus"
1914 Huntington upright "Mabel"

XXIX-XXXII

#1986936 - 11/15/12 02:20 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

The long awaited day is here! How exciting to wake up and see that folks have already started giving feedback! I can't wait to get started with my listening.

Thanks very much Jazzwee and ATallGuyNH, what a lovely way to start my day! TallGuy... who knows? Maybe it will be Billy next time round.:)

#1986950 - 11/15/12 03:46 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: aTallGuyNH]
MrPozor Offline

Loc: near Paris, France
Originally Posted By: aTallGuyNH

Nicely done!

Regarding getting the piano tuned. I would say that if you have to ask, then the answer is "yes". It should be tuned once or twice a year depending on who you ask. If you only get it tuned when you can hear that it is out of tune, that's not a good thing.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback. The piano was tuned before delivery one month ago. I will definitely have it tuned once per year but was wondering whether it makes sense to do so already now.

I'm not 100% pleased with the sound of the piano but don't know whether it's the piano or the room acoustics. It does sound much better when I listen to someone else playing as opposed to playing myself. Maybe a piano tuner would be able to help me.

Equipment: Petrof 118 L1

#1986980 - 11/15/12 07:57 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
There is so much! I started listening while at work, but find it takes too much concentration to follow so much new music. Will continue later.

I sort of have mixed feelings about this recital. A mix of inspiration, awe and a little bit of despair - so many people playing so well, with so much more experience. A lot of these pieces don't sound like beginner's work at all!

I liked it and didn't even notice the transition from the original piece to your extension.

02. jaredm2012 Jared Miller - To Zanarkand
Nice work! You play it much better than I did at five months. As you say, some mistakes in the second half, but nothing really bad. Piano collections next?

03. cebukid - Bach Invention 1 in C-Major (BWV 772)
Once in the zone, kids shouting, cars passing by, planes crashing, or similar distractions don't really matter :p They could've applauded, though...

Yup, listened to all of it. I wouldn't mind hearing that hour and a half version either.

I can hear the harpsichord hidden between the notes. Sounds great on piano too.

06. Amaruk - Summer '78
A lovely piece, but it does not make me think of summer. A little sad? What happened in the summer of 1978?
That said, I'm listening to this for the third time now and it definitely stays interesting.

Soothing indeed. Practise the arpeggios first, appreciate how beautiful it sounds and you'll start looking forward to them rather than worry as you approach the hard part.

Wow, this sounds good. I wouldn't be surprised to find a recording like this on any 'official' cd. Why the sigh at 20 years experience?

Whoa, this is not what I had expected. I figured it would be something sounding like the orchestrated version, but not so! You give it your own sound, and nothing else matters.

53. Sam Rose (Shmuel R) - Solfeggietto (Solfeggio) in C Minor
Heard it played before by the pianist of one of my favourite bands. I'm amazed you play it so well with only two years experience.

54. Norrec, Tim - Solitude
The final notes hint at more to come. Is there a repeat or something?

55. Mile Hi Steve - Halloween Potpourri
Multiple instruments, nice laugh I hope you were dressed up properly for the live performance at the talent show. I thought I heard a few short slow-downs in the part before the organ finale, but I couldn't tell whether that was intended or because those parts were particularly hard.

#1986981 - 11/15/12 07:59 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Reviews at Random...

Carlos - really exquisitely lovely...

Mel - very consoling Consolation...

09. Riddler (Ed) - Chelsea Bridge

Ed - super Strayhorn stuff...

Trap

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#1987002 - 11/15/12 09:36 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Allard]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Allard

I sort of have mixed feelings about this recital. A mix of inspiration, awe and a little bit of despair - so many people playing so well, with so much more experience. A lot of these pieces don't sound like beginner's work at all!

Allard, I had a very similar reaction after my first ABF recital!! I questioned the definition of an adult beginner!
Our beginners range from absolute "never played an instrument" to "played an instrument but not piano" to "played piano as a kid then took a 40 year break".

You are quite right that many of these pieces don't sound at all "beginner-ish" --- but do not let it make you despair. Inspiration is good--- awe is fun, but intimidating!!
Just think of what YOU will be playing in a few years!

#1987009 - 11/15/12 09:53 AM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Greener Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto
Just a quick comment to say how impressed I have been with the quality entries and obvious talent in this recital. I began listening to the streamer last evening when the recital opened, while also reviewing the write ups. In many instances I had to do a double take to be sure I was looking at the correct write up (what ? you have been playing how long ? amazing ...)

Some really great stuff here everyone, I look forward to listening to it all and commenting further. I'm pleasantly pleased and very impressed so far.

#1987073 - 11/15/12 12:43 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
More Random Reviews:

14. ladypayne - Early Winter

lady - wild & wooley winter...

16. BenPiano - Poem

Ben - listenably short & sweet...

Iain - terrifically tender and tasty! Loved this!

Trap

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#1987113 - 11/15/12 02:05 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Unfortunately I couldn’t participate in this recital, but I’ll enjoy all your performances this weekend, while I have a glass of wine, or two smile.

The recital program looks fantastic!

My website

#1987121 - 11/15/12 02:29 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wouter79 Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

As usual please, PM me if you play an acoustic and want me to comment on your piece!

#1987122 - 11/15/12 02:30 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisboa, Portugal
I just heard the whole recital and I'm impressed with some of the pieces I've heard. I'll make individual comments, as usual. Congratulations to all.

@Recaredo, I noticed that you did not took part in the recital... Don't drink too much because then you will say that we are all a genius smile

CarlosCC records
Self-learning since 12/2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."

#1987138 - 11/15/12 03:35 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: jazzwee]
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
[quote=jazzwee]
Whoa you've changed your recording technique! The volume on this is so low. Anyway, I've maxed my volume but can't hear the fantastic fine points. First of all, from a playing perspective, your tone and evenness is outstanding. Really great stuff. I just wanted to hear more of the overtones and can't really appreciate all the beauty with the low volume. But I know it's there!

Thanks for the feedback Jazzwee. I realized when I submitted this piece that the gain levels of the recording were on the low side. I remember reading that "all submissions will be normalized" and thought that the louder recordings would be lowered a bit and the quieter recordings would be increased in volume so that when played back they all sound around the same volume. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case unless I am not understanding this concept correctly.

In any case, if you can't hear my recording, (meant for others, )please turn up the volume. I'll have to set a more accurate gain level next time but in a digital format, it shouldn't matter as that can easily be adjusted after the fact. I was incorrectly under the impression that this was being done under the 'normalization' step.

My bad!

#1987153 - 11/15/12 04:29 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
jazzwee Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Last batch for me. I can't believe I'm the first one to comment and listen to all. Everyone did an amazing job. And I was so pleased to see many newcomers to the recital. I've always commented that you can really see progress when you listen to these for awhile. It's amazing actually because it means it's no so impossible to make great strides even as adult beginners. Congrats to all!

What a pretty rendition! So delicate sounding and wonderfully played. Just loved that gentle buildup. Really enjoyable to listen to. Did I heard added cymbals there? Nice touch!

23. SandTiger - Shimmer
Are you saying you recorded this without hearing what you were doing? Wow. I would have found that to be impossible. Probably not a good habit. Once again, I'm so happy to hear you at a recital and glad to see you making compositions. Well done!

24. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Meditation
Beautiful performance! Thanks for sharing with us!

25. Hawgdriver - Nocturne in B flat minor, Op. 9/1
Such a pretty tone and wonderfully played. Certainly won't shame you with Chopin. Outstanding progress as well for 3 years. The melody stands out so well and nice legato lines. Wonderful balance between the hands.

26. MusicaMusique - Je t'aimais, je t'aime, je t'aimerai
New to the recital I think...Welcome! Very pretty playing. Lots of static in the recording so that was a little distracting. But really enjoyable. Nice work!

33. Serge88 - My Way
Very nice tone in your playing. Such refinement and improvement over the years. Fantastic. Well done cover. I especially liked the delicate octave lines. Came out very well.

34. LizAnne - Elegy Op.183, No.2
LizAnne -- that volume was way too low. Even with my volume all the way up I can hardly hear. But from what I can discern, a wonderful melody coming out. Just hoped to hear more of it. I can just pick up treble.

Welcome to the recital MrPozor, I think you are new too. Great job on making a submission at the early stages. I'm proud of you. Nice playing and keep it up.

38. DadAgain (& DadAgains Daughter) - Rondo Op163 #6
Whoa! Excellent! So is this a duet? It surely sounds like it. You didn't state it specifically though. You two have perfect time to match it exactly. Amazing. Congrats for the fine work.

39. Ganddalf - Prelude Op.45
Sound quality is good but a little on the low side volume wise. Just for reference next time. You didn't do so badly at all without a teacher. Certainly good tone to be found here and good control. Congrats on a great job!

41. joangolfing - Elves' Dance
Difficult piece Joan with that kind of staccato playing and I congratulate you for playing this. Good work. Piano sounds really good. You'll need to lighten up a little on the touch since some of the chords sounded harsh. Difficult because staccato can make you play harder. It's another challenge to play staccato without the volume.

42. Copper - What a Wonderful World
This is such a beautiful song and you made it work so well with the melody standing out. The cantabile sound was wonderful in the melodic line. Nice balance between the LH and the RH. Really enjoyable to listen to.

#1987159 - 11/15/12 04:44 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
casinitaly Offline

Jazwee, you've put in a lot of listening time today! smile

I'm about half way through and I'm so impressed. I say that every recital but every time seems better than the last time!

Thanks so much to Monica for pulling everything together - to Sam for his work on the index - to Mr. Super-Hunky for thinking it up lo so many years ago!... To Mahlzeit for the programming work, Copper for our Order of the Red Dot and LaValse for the past support which we relied on for so long! and of course to Frank for Piano World!
....... and to all the contributors! This is such a wonderful event to be able to participate in and enjoy!

Here is the first round of my comments!

01. CarlosCC - Canzone Popolare (Francia 1500ca) - Original extended cover Carlos, this is wonderful. I can see why your daughter fell in love with it. One thing I always enjoy about your submissions is the commentary on what prompted you to take on a certain piece. It is very clear after all this time, that your family has a very strong influence on what you play! With wonderful results. It was easy to feel the historic element to this piece and delightful to listen to your own work on it. What perfect start to this recital! My hat is off to you sir!

02. jaredm2012 Jared Miller - To Zanarkand Jared, Welcome to the recitals! When I listen to music like this I think I should start investigating video games! Your rendition of this music is lovely –well done!

03. cebukid - Bach Invention 1 in C-Major (BWV 772) Cebukid, I have to say I’m so very impressed you could keep your focus with the delightful distractions going on about you! Was that one child in the background or a few? I must bite the bullet and accept that I can and should deal with my churchbells! I really enjoyed this piece – I’m working on music from this period at the moment – mind you in simpler versions – and very much enjoying it. Your piece was a pleasure to hear!

04. Peyton - Message From Space: Waiting for the Sun I listened to the whole thing Peyton smile and I found it had a sort of soothing hypnotic effect. I haven’t watched the video yet but will later. I think even without your explanation I might have felt the music corresponded to dawn. I very much enjoyed the flow of this piece, and the quick, light delicacy of the central passages.

05. wouter79 - Les Baricades Misterieuses Wouter, well done! I am extremely partial to this type of music and thoroughly enjoyed your performance. I also really love the “voice” of your piano!

06. Amaruk - Summer '78 I was introduced to Tiersen here in the recitals and really enjoy his compositions. I think you did a super job on this piece and I can well believe it was a physical work out! You make it sound easy though – good for you!

07. dannylux / Mel - Kosenko Consolation Op.9 No.1 Charming! I’ve never heard anything by this composer before and this is a wonderful introduction. You played this very gracefully and dreamily – I could feel myself relaxing and sinking into the music. Most enjoyable!

08. Greener / Jeff Green - Little Preludes No. 2 (BWV 934) & No. 4 (BWV 936))Well done Jeff – three little gems. I am just starting to work on this sort of music and realize how difficult it is to make it sound so simple! Bravo!

09. Riddler (Ed) - Chelsea BridgeEd, this is really an unusual piece – but in a good way. It goes along in a way that you sort of expect and then goes off in unexpected directions with sounds that seem sort of “skewed”. I loved the rippling effect of the notes. A very particular piece of music that really seems to bridge genres…no pun intended!

10. timmyab - Arabesque no 1 I have always liked this piece – it makes me think of butterflies and flowers dancing in the wind and joy. You played it with lovely delicacy and fluidity.

11. Mr Super-Hunky - Nothing Else Matters-original cover Mr. Super-Hunky, I do believe this is the first time I’ve heard your Rolland. I am not familiar with the original piece, so don’t really know how different your take on it is from what it started out as. That being said, I found this much softer than what I expected from a group called “Metallica”! I think you very successfully brought out the ballad aspects of this piece. I really enjoyed listening to it – it called to mind green forests, with sunlight dancing on the leaves, and a woman with long flowing hair and robes riding --- perhaps to meet her love! Poetic I call it! Well done indeed. Complimenti

12. Jake S - Prelude no.4 in E minorOnly 10 months of playing? I hope you feel pleased with yourself! This is a very touching piece and I think you performed it with grace and dignity.

13. Wj3 / Walt - Bethena Love Joplin! This is one I’ve never heard before – it sounds like you had a lot of fun playing it! Isn’t it satisfying to have a decent “simplified” version to get started on? Joplin is certainly far from simple, even in so-called “easier” versions. You played with good cheer really caught the Joplin “voice”!

14. ladypayne - Early Winter brrrrrrrr. Here in Italy we are having an extended autumn – it is still warm – I do not envy you your early winter! However, I’m very impressed with your composition! What energy!!! I love the energy with which you charge in and the delightful mixture of genres – there is a sort of Russian sound to this piece really adds to the dynamic feel of it. Wow. I loved this!

15. (Was)TrueBeginner - SandyInteresting to name your piece after a hurricane… I wasn’t sure what kind of music to expect! It was more gentle than I had expected, but with a certain melancholy tristezza. It felt like watching a black and white film documenting the aftermath of the storm. Very nice work indeed.

16. BenPiano - Poem Reading your description I started to wonder what kind of story would present itself to me. It made me think a bit of a silent movie, a tragic scene of love lost or unrequited. Something bittersweet, delicate. Nicely done!

17. Monica K. - Opening I’ve only recently been introduced to Glass (in one of the “themed recitals” in the ABF) You really did a super job of maintaining the flow and bringing out the contrasts in voices. The ebb and flow were like gentle raindrops moving into a heavier storm and back to light rain. Graceful, rich, elegant.

18. cgyan / Iain - Morning Light Charming! As you said in your description this is indeed a canvas of sound painting a picture we can enjoy. Lovely, calm music, getting richer and richer as it progresses --- beautifully played! I had goose bumps by the end! Complimenti!

19. Jazztpt (Russ) - You See I’m always so curious to hear original compositions! Your arrangements have always caught my attention and this one is no exception. I found this one to be quite a combination of themes and wasn’t sure where it was leading … but I enjoyed the journey! Neat stuff!

20. Inlanding - Glen - Angle Eye and Morning Greets the New Day Glen, I always love your submissions! Your Angle Eye is very very hip! So energetic! I was tapping my toes. Morning Greets the New Day was wonderful in a different style. Here we really hear the voice of your piano singing joyfully, delicately, richly – this is music that soothes the soul and creates a sensation of well being. I feel the tensions of the day melting away as I listen – I am charmed and refreshed. I do hope you can get back to playing more regularly soon!

21. Andy Platt - Gavotte and Variations Andy – wonderful music! I could picture court dancers with your gavotte, and your variations were handsomely played indeed! Your trills were lovely little ornaments, and you really did wonderful job on keeping your voices balanced and coordinated. Most enjoyable and loved that big finish!! My compliments!

22. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Romanza and The Little Music Box I was reasonably pleased with these two pieces. I know I can improve both – the Romanza there are a few stylistic points I missed in this recording (which I’ve since got the hang of!) The music box I hope to get rolling faster in the future but for the moment this is it.

23. SandTiger - Shimmer Your technical explanation of splitters etc didn’t mean anything to me, but your original composition was good fun! Light cheery – bell-like, it was a very happy tune. Prettily played!

24. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Meditation And I meet another new-to-me-composer! I really enjoyed listening to this piece Mike – it is so full and intense in some parts, and then light and delicate in others. In some parts it sounds like a conversation between a man and a woman. Very very interesting!(And thank you for including the link on her bio!)

25. Hawgdriver - Nocturne in B flat minor, Op. 9/1 I was going to call it a night after listening to Mike’s piece, but saw that you’d performed Chopin, so … I couldn’t resist. I’m charmed. Delighted. Uplifted. Thank you for such a delicious end to my evening. Just loved it.

#1987160 - 11/15/12 04:49 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: casinitaly]
jazzwee Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: casinitaly

I started off just listening to a sampling. Then I got hooked. So I started writing comments and before long I couldn't stop. When everyone does such a great job, it's really easy to comment. smile

But I started since the recital opened last night. Only 6pm my time then.

#1987162 - 11/15/12 04:51 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: jazzwee]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: jazzwee
Originally Posted By: casinitaly

I started off just listening to a sampling. Then I got hooked. So I started writing comments and before long I couldn't stop. When everyone does such a great job, it's really easy to comment. smile

But I started since the recital opened last night. Only 6pm my time then.

smile It was past my bedtime when the recital opened!

I know what you mean about being hooked - it is so hard to stop once you get rolling!

#1987165 - 11/15/12 04:56 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
Carlos: simply wonderful. I would have had no idea you improvised the ending (or most of it lol) if you hadn't of said so. smile

Jared: Very nicely done! I think you captured the spirit of Zanarkand just right. smile

Cebukid: Lovely. And simply amazed you could do a video recording with kids yelling in the background! My son so much as talks to me and I have to stop playing within seconds.

k back to my practicing now.. more later. smile

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1987177 - 11/15/12 05:09 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Monica K. Offline

Originally Posted By: Mr Super-Hunky
I realized when I submitted this piece that the gain levels of the recording were on the low side. I remember reading that "all submissions will be normalized" and thought that the louder recordings would be lowered a bit and the quieter recordings would be increased in volume so that when played back they all sound around the same volume. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case unless I am not understanding this concept correctly.

The pieces are normalized before compiling into the zip files (and that should indeed raise the volume for a low-volume source recording), but the individual link in the recital thread goes to your original recording. I'm not sure which file (normalized vs. raw) the streaming player uses.

#1987184 - 11/15/12 05:21 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
Thanks for the explanation Monica. It is just too easy to digitally adjust the gain level after the fact that I should be the one responsible for doing this before submitting it! [Inflatable ref just got a smack to vent frustration with self!}

UPDATE: Monica, just to answer your question, it appears the streaming player uses the original file. {Not the corrected one if you screwed up the gain levels like I did.).

Edited by Mr Super-Hunky (11/15/12 05:24 PM)

#1987194 - 11/15/12 05:38 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Peyton: on what was supposed to be a quick break from practicing *ahem* I watched the whole video. Very very lovely. I used to walk at night all the time and just loved it (I'm talking between 2 and 4 am with my dog.) This song really captures the wonder and the beauty I used to feel wandering about in the dark quiet watching the sky change. You made me feel homesick. smile A beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing it.

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1987200 - 11/15/12 06:15 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Wouter: This is all new to me. A very neat sound to it. I can almost hear the harpsicord in it. Excellent!

Amaruk: That was very pretty. Again another new one for me. I really like what you did with the video. Make me wonder how such a lovely song fit in with this movie. smile

dannylux: Lovely. smile

Greener: I have heard of these but not actually heard them before. LOL Fantastic tunes. I can see how these sound similar to the minute but are very different. A very nice rhythm going with them.

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1987208 - 11/15/12 06:43 PM Re: Recital #28 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Monica K. Offline

Originally Posted By: Mr Super-Hunky
Thanks for the explanation Monica. It is just too easy to digitally adjust the gain level after the fact that I should be the one responsible for doing this before submitting it! [Inflatable ref just got a smack to vent frustration with self!}

UPDATE: Monica, just to answer your question, it appears the streaming player uses the original file. {Not the corrected one if you screwed up the gain levels like I did.).

I think mahlzeit set it up that way deliberately, because some people didn't want the compression that goes on during normalization.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
European Piano Party 2014, Picts & Stories! (Piano Party in Portugal)
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) Purely Piano Practice Software
Purely Piano Practice Software
(ad) Piano Guide Lessons
Piano Guide Lessons
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
182 registered (88 Fingers Jeff, accordeur, Abby Pianoman, 36251, 58 invisible), 1686 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75336 Members
42 Forums
155774 Topics
2287203 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
First Digital Piano - Casio AP250 or Roland RP301?
by Jorgeb
07/10/14 02:07 PM
Interested in an Exam Program; Which One Best in Eastern US?
by ClsscLib
07/10/14 10:40 AM
Should I buy a CP4 or RD- 800 ?
by Abby Pianoman
07/10/14 10:02 AM
Lauberger & Gloss
by David, Las Vegas
07/10/14 09:40 AM
How do you measure progress?
by BrianDX
07/10/14 08:05 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission