2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 11 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
H
I have almost exactly the vibration / resonance issue. When I press G / G# / A key in lower register (Especially G2, G#2 A2, It also happen in G3 but not as noticable), the mid-upper-left part of the piano is making a rattling vibration noise. It only happens when I press it a little bit hard. Pressing G2 and G#2 together, I got a very strong vibration. My piano was new and unopened in the box unlike you.

I wonder if it is a common defect of the px350

Last edited by helloworld1; 11/18/12 01:31 PM.
H
H
I went to the nearby Guitar Center and try out their PX 350. Surprisingly if I press G2 and G#2 key together hard, the piano is also making rattling sound hard. Also F3 and F5 make the right part of the piano vibrating too.

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
I checked- luckily I don't I have those issues, could be QC issue with design and when it was made in the production line.

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61
H
H
I couldn't find any black PX350s at the store without this issue. Probably a bad batch. Maybe the white ones are better.

G
G
Just to add a bit more comparative info: I quickly wanted to chime in on this since I just got a PX350 to start down the long road of an adult piano player... Mine was delivered without broken styrofoam, opened bags, and the tape holding the keys in place was one continuous strip.

I find the other descriptions a bit fishy, doesn't sound factory new to me, and sometimes things get returned -for a reason- but some unscrupulous dealers will just give it a cursory glance and decide it's OK to re-sell the same one as new...

I'm using it with the (rather sturdy) Casio stand, and there is no rattling on any note or key, at least up to the max. speaker volume I dare use in my apartment (will be using headphones almost exclusively, the main reason for picking a digital piano)

All the keys are at the exact same height, and the gap inbetween may vary by fractions of a millimeter but none stand out.

Generally, compared to the Roland I owned a decade or so ago, and the one at a friend's place I recently tried that inspired me to get give it another go, I find the PX350 exceptional in terms of features and keyboard action, esp. for the price. I'm sure there's better out there but at a higher cost, and certainly not something I'd probably be able to appreciate at my level...

P.S.: The original video seems to be password protected, so I don't know how bad the vibration issue would actually be.

Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 11/22/12 03:52 AM. Reason: P.S.
V
V
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man
Mine was delivered without broken styrofoam, opened bags, and the tape holding the keys in place was one continuous strip.
I'm using it with the (rather sturdy) Casio stand, and there is no rattling on any note or key, at least up to the max. speaker volume I dare use in my apartment (will be using headphones almost exclusively, the main reason for picking a digital piano)

All the keys are at the exact same height, and the gap inbetween may vary by fractions of a millimeter but none stand out.

...I find the PX350 exceptional in terms of features and keyboard action, esp. for the price. I'm sure there's better out there but at a higher cost, and certainly not something I'd probably be able to appreciate at my level...

My experience matches 100% with all of your above statements.

Vikas Sharma
'without music, life would be a mistake' - F Nietzsche
H
H
I also using Casio's stand and the vibration is not coming from the stand. It is like from something inside. I send mine back for replacement. And hopefully the return will be better. I definite like the feature px 350 has.

G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
ill be getting mine this Wednesday, along with stand.. ill let you guys now if I run into any problems.

X
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
X
I discovered that one note on my PX-330 tickles a small buzz over by the mod wheel on the left ... oh well lol.

H
H
The PX350 replacement also have vibration with G#2 key instead of G2 key.
Also the USB port (No usb stick) vibrate with F5 key.

D
OP Offline
D
Hey guys!

Sorry I didn't get back right away. I JUST got the replacement the end of last week. Musician's Friend wouldn't ship the replacement out until several days after they got it back. The new one is much better but still not 100% noiseless. One key still has a tiny buzz but you have to really listen for it. The other one had three or 4 keys buzzing and that buzzing was much much louder. This one definitely was unopened. No plastic bags torn and one single strip on keys. Also invoice was not inside the box.
I'm going to keep it as I got it for $680 and I don't think I'd do better. And sending back and waiting is a very tedious process.
It might not be perfect but for the price its damn good and my kid really likes it.

. Happy holidays!

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man

P.S.: The original video seems to be password protected, so I don't know how bad the vibration issue would actually be.

Hi. That was my video. I also use that site for my video production company stuff and thought it would seem odd if someone out of context stumbled across it. The password restriction is off again

C
C
Hey Dave,
I had the same issues: Buzzing in certain keys (c3), rattling encasement, distortions from the (mostly left) speaker. I sent it back.
Sorry to say, but the 350 did not fulfill my expectations.
Don't get me wrong - for that price it is a good DP and the piano soound is wonderful over external speakers or HP. It has a pretty good feel to the keys.
I just felt it would not last long on the road and with my playing style.

Cheers,
Lenny

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FP-80, synths, guitars, mics, MBP, interfaces, Voicelive 2, ableton, Pianoteq, nubert a-200
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission