The moment we've all been waiting for - it's sign up time for MOYD (Master of Your Domain) 2012. Join in - play every day - and see what a great difference it will make to your piano skills!
MOYD is a personal challenge where you commit to playing the piano for some
amount of time every single day
. If you miss a day you must come here and say so.
2012 will be the 8th year of MOYD on ABF.MOYD RULES
1. Participating in MOYD requires you to sit on the piano bench and play something at least once daily. That's it. There is no minimum amount of time required. Five minutes would count... but more is better. Simply get to the piano every day, let it become a habit, and see what good things happen to your piano skills.
2. If you are away from home, you don't have to practice/play. You go to the 'Excused list".
3. If you are sick, you don't have to practice/play. You go to the 'Excused list".
4. If you are home, and not sick and miss a day, you come here and tell us the sad story on what kept you from playing. Once you have come clean and 'fessed up, you then go to the "Back on the Wagon list".
5. You may start late - however no new participants are accepted after September 30th.
6. Those who have reported being away, being sick, falling off and getting back on, or who sign up date STILL QUALIFY
to put the MOYD 2012 badge in their signatures on 31 December 2012.HOW TO JOIN
Simply reply to this thread declaring your enthusiastic willingness to join in and be committed to the plan!
I will check in regularly and update this first page with the information you provide. I will not reply to all the posts.
Signature pictures will be offered to those who are 2012 MOYD winners. Here are the 2011 Sigs. TO ADD THEM TO YOUR SIGNATURE: Place your cursor on the desired icon, right click, go to properties, copy the Url, go to your profile page signature box, place cursor, click on "enter an image" paste. Thanks MaryBee for making our badges!
! January 1, 2012
Pure MOYD list, those who practice everyday no excuses:
Strings & Wood
EXCUSED MOYD List, sickness, travel,away from home etc.
WiseBuff 5-6 Jan, 18-23March, June 1-6,8, Sept 1-2, 8
beechcraft409 2-4, 20-21 Jan
CMhor 7/1, 30-31/3,1/4,22,25,28/7,25-30/8, 29/9, 15/10, 4-9/11
Casinitaly - 5/01-9/01, 30/06, days in July, 6-2/08 22-28 Dec
SwissMS Jan 15-30, April 18-21, 27, Oct8-Nov24
Mark233 5 Jan
Michael Steen 21-22 Jan
AndyPlatt Jan 28-29. April 1 -8, Aug17-3Sept
Jaojr Feb 11, 12
Derrek 20-26 Feb
MaryAnn 2/7,3/5-8,10,13,14,20,21,4/27,5/4, 7/4d,9/7, wk 12/7
Thumper49 19 March
Doug F March/29 to April 8.
Stubbie March 22-27, July 3-8 Nov 22-25
Yuki_Kiki Mar 26-Apr11
ClsscLib various Jan-March, 5-7 Sept, 3 Oct, 8 Nov
MaryBee April 6-8, June 10-23
FarmGirl Week of April 23 a few days in May, Sept 1-9, Oct 20-27
JimF May 5& 6, June 23/24, July 22-24
Lyn in AZ May 10- 26th
Eglantine May 12
IreneAdler Duo!!!!! 4-11 May, 5-6 July, 14 Sept
SolidG May 26, 27 June 2 & 3
Monica K. June 18-?
Joyoussong July 18-19-20 & 21.
tararex 21st to 31st
BeccaBb 2, 29,30 Sept, 2-3 Oct
AmandaJ 2 SeptTHIRD CATEGORY - BACK ON THE MOYD WAGON, for those who missed a day for a reason other than being sick or away from home .... but who are back on THE MOYD WAGON with new start date.
polyphasicpianist 21 March
Cyborg March 24
Tinman1943 16 April
Legal Beagle 1 May
pg2 7 august
Happykah 13 Sept
Luna 19 Sept
piano_deb 30 Sept
PianoStudent88 4 Oct
raptor 5 novLATE START MOYD: For someone new who wants to join after Jan 1 2012. Note that the cut off date is 30 September!
Dulcetta 6 Jan
Frank Gera 11 January
MonkeyMark 14 January
WannabePT 18 January
Olj 22 January
Sketches 23 Jan
orangemint 4 Feb
mikel il52 6 Feb
Rusty Foursome 20 March
Gomer 29 March
ragtimefordrones 4 April
hnp June 7
Chanya 22 Aug
AlsoTom 2 Sept
So reply to this thread and I'll add you to the 2012 list... MOYD 2011 THREAD MOYD 2010 THREAD MOYD 2009 THREAD MOYD 2008 THREAD MOYD 2007 THREAD MOYD 2006 THREAD
(There doesn't seem to be a 2005 thread!)Are you in? - What are you waiting for - Sign up!