2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
21 members (cmoody31, dh371, Fried Chicken, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, admodios, clothearednincompo, crab89, 5 invisible), 1,234 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Last batch for me. I can't believe I'm the first one to comment and listen to all. Everyone did an amazing job. And I was so pleased to see many newcomers to the recital. I've always commented that you can really see progress when you listen to these for awhile. It's amazing actually because it means it's no so impossible to make great strides even as adult beginners. Congrats to all!

18. cgyan / Iain - Morning Light
What a pretty rendition! So delicate sounding and wonderfully played. Just loved that gentle buildup. Really enjoyable to listen to. Did I heard added cymbals there? Nice touch!

23. SandTiger - Shimmer
Are you saying you recorded this without hearing what you were doing? Wow. I would have found that to be impossible. Probably not a good habit. Once again, I'm so happy to hear you at a recital and glad to see you making compositions. Well done!

24. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Meditation
Beautiful performance! Thanks for sharing with us!

25. Hawgdriver - Nocturne in B flat minor, Op. 9/1
Such a pretty tone and wonderfully played. Certainly won't shame you with Chopin. Outstanding progress as well for 3 years. The melody stands out so well and nice legato lines. Wonderful balance between the hands.

26. MusicaMusique - Je t'aimais, je t'aime, je t'aimerai
New to the recital I think...Welcome! Very pretty playing. Lots of static in the recording so that was a little distracting. But really enjoyable. Nice work!

33. Serge88 - My Way
Very nice tone in your playing. Such refinement and improvement over the years. Fantastic. Well done cover. I especially liked the delicate octave lines. Came out very well.

34. LizAnne - Elegy Op.183, No.2
LizAnne -- that volume was way too low. Even with my volume all the way up I can hardly hear. But from what I can discern, a wonderful melody coming out. Just hoped to hear more of it. I can just pick up treble.

35. MrPozor - The Doll's Funeral
Welcome to the recital MrPozor, I think you are new too. Great job on making a submission at the early stages. I'm proud of you. Nice playing and keep it up.

38. DadAgain (& DadAgains Daughter) - Rondo Op163 #6
Whoa! Excellent! So is this a duet? It surely sounds like it. You didn't state it specifically though. You two have perfect time to match it exactly. Amazing. Congrats for the fine work.

39. Ganddalf - Prelude Op.45
Sound quality is good but a little on the low side volume wise. Just for reference next time. You didn't do so badly at all without a teacher. Certainly good tone to be found here and good control. Congrats on a great job!

41. joangolfing - Elves' Dance
Difficult piece Joan with that kind of staccato playing and I congratulate you for playing this. Good work. Piano sounds really good. You'll need to lighten up a little on the touch since some of the chords sounded harsh. Difficult because staccato can make you play harder. It's another challenge to play staccato without the volume.

42. Copper - What a Wonderful World
This is such a beautiful song and you made it work so well with the melody standing out. The cantabile sound was wonderful in the melodic line. Nice balance between the LH and the RH. Really enjoyable to listen to.

Pianoclues.com for Beginners
My Jazz Blog
Hamburg Steinway O, Nord Electro 4 HP

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Jazwee, you've put in a lot of listening time today! smile

I'm about half way through and I'm so impressed. I say that every recital but every time seems better than the last time!

Thanks so much to Monica for pulling everything together - to Sam for his work on the index - to Mr. Super-Hunky for thinking it up lo so many years ago!... To Mahlzeit for the programming work, Copper for our Order of the Red Dot and LaValse for the past support which we relied on for so long! and of course to Frank for Piano World!
....... and to all the contributors! This is such a wonderful event to be able to participate in and enjoy!

Here is the first round of my comments!

01. CarlosCC - Canzone Popolare (Francia 1500ca) - Original extended cover Carlos, this is wonderful. I can see why your daughter fell in love with it. One thing I always enjoy about your submissions is the commentary on what prompted you to take on a certain piece. It is very clear after all this time, that your family has a very strong influence on what you play! With wonderful results. It was easy to feel the historic element to this piece and delightful to listen to your own work on it. What perfect start to this recital! My hat is off to you sir!

02. jaredm2012 Jared Miller - To Zanarkand Jared, Welcome to the recitals! When I listen to music like this I think I should start investigating video games! Your rendition of this music is lovely –well done!

03. cebukid - Bach Invention 1 in C-Major (BWV 772) Cebukid, I have to say I’m so very impressed you could keep your focus with the delightful distractions going on about you! Was that one child in the background or a few? I must bite the bullet and accept that I can and should deal with my churchbells! I really enjoyed this piece – I’m working on music from this period at the moment – mind you in simpler versions – and very much enjoying it. Your piece was a pleasure to hear!

04. Peyton - Message From Space: Waiting for the Sun I listened to the whole thing Peyton smile and I found it had a sort of soothing hypnotic effect. I haven’t watched the video yet but will later. I think even without your explanation I might have felt the music corresponded to dawn. I very much enjoyed the flow of this piece, and the quick, light delicacy of the central passages.

05. wouter79 - Les Baricades Misterieuses Wouter, well done! I am extremely partial to this type of music and thoroughly enjoyed your performance. I also really love the “voice” of your piano!

06. Amaruk - Summer '78 I was introduced to Tiersen here in the recitals and really enjoy his compositions. I think you did a super job on this piece and I can well believe it was a physical work out! You make it sound easy though – good for you!

07. dannylux / Mel - Kosenko Consolation Op.9 No.1 Charming! I’ve never heard anything by this composer before and this is a wonderful introduction. You played this very gracefully and dreamily – I could feel myself relaxing and sinking into the music. Most enjoyable!

08. Greener / Jeff Green - Little Preludes No. 2 (BWV 934) & No. 4 (BWV 936))Well done Jeff – three little gems. I am just starting to work on this sort of music and realize how difficult it is to make it sound so simple! Bravo!

09. Riddler (Ed) - Chelsea BridgeEd, this is really an unusual piece – but in a good way. It goes along in a way that you sort of expect and then goes off in unexpected directions with sounds that seem sort of “skewed”. I loved the rippling effect of the notes. A very particular piece of music that really seems to bridge genres…no pun intended!

10. timmyab - Arabesque no 1 I have always liked this piece – it makes me think of butterflies and flowers dancing in the wind and joy. You played it with lovely delicacy and fluidity.

11. Mr Super-Hunky - Nothing Else Matters-original cover Mr. Super-Hunky, I do believe this is the first time I’ve heard your Rolland. I am not familiar with the original piece, so don’t really know how different your take on it is from what it started out as. That being said, I found this much softer than what I expected from a group called “Metallica”! I think you very successfully brought out the ballad aspects of this piece. I really enjoyed listening to it – it called to mind green forests, with sunlight dancing on the leaves, and a woman with long flowing hair and robes riding --- perhaps to meet her love! Poetic I call it! Well done indeed. Complimenti

12. Jake S - Prelude no.4 in E minorOnly 10 months of playing? I hope you feel pleased with yourself! This is a very touching piece and I think you performed it with grace and dignity.

13. Wj3 / Walt - Bethena Love Joplin! This is one I’ve never heard before – it sounds like you had a lot of fun playing it! Isn’t it satisfying to have a decent “simplified” version to get started on? Joplin is certainly far from simple, even in so-called “easier” versions. You played with good cheer really caught the Joplin “voice”!

14. ladypayne - Early Winter brrrrrrrr. Here in Italy we are having an extended autumn – it is still warm – I do not envy you your early winter! However, I’m very impressed with your composition! What energy!!! I love the energy with which you charge in and the delightful mixture of genres – there is a sort of Russian sound to this piece really adds to the dynamic feel of it. Wow. I loved this!

15. (Was)TrueBeginner - SandyInteresting to name your piece after a hurricane… I wasn’t sure what kind of music to expect! It was more gentle than I had expected, but with a certain melancholy tristezza. It felt like watching a black and white film documenting the aftermath of the storm. Very nice work indeed.

16. BenPiano - Poem Reading your description I started to wonder what kind of story would present itself to me. It made me think a bit of a silent movie, a tragic scene of love lost or unrequited. Something bittersweet, delicate. Nicely done!

17. Monica K. - Opening I’ve only recently been introduced to Glass (in one of the “themed recitals” in the ABF) You really did a super job of maintaining the flow and bringing out the contrasts in voices. The ebb and flow were like gentle raindrops moving into a heavier storm and back to light rain. Graceful, rich, elegant.

18. cgyan / Iain - Morning Light Charming! As you said in your description this is indeed a canvas of sound painting a picture we can enjoy. Lovely, calm music, getting richer and richer as it progresses --- beautifully played! I had goose bumps by the end! Complimenti!

19. Jazztpt (Russ) - You See I’m always so curious to hear original compositions! Your arrangements have always caught my attention and this one is no exception. I found this one to be quite a combination of themes and wasn’t sure where it was leading … but I enjoyed the journey! Neat stuff!

20. Inlanding - Glen - Angle Eye and Morning Greets the New Day Glen, I always love your submissions! Your Angle Eye is very very hip! So energetic! I was tapping my toes. Morning Greets the New Day was wonderful in a different style. Here we really hear the voice of your piano singing joyfully, delicately, richly – this is music that soothes the soul and creates a sensation of well being. I feel the tensions of the day melting away as I listen – I am charmed and refreshed. I do hope you can get back to playing more regularly soon!

21. Andy Platt - Gavotte and Variations Andy – wonderful music! I could picture court dancers with your gavotte, and your variations were handsomely played indeed! Your trills were lovely little ornaments, and you really did wonderful job on keeping your voices balanced and coordinated. Most enjoyable and loved that big finish!! My compliments!

22. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Romanza and The Little Music Box I was reasonably pleased with these two pieces. I know I can improve both – the Romanza there are a few stylistic points I missed in this recording (which I’ve since got the hang of!) The music box I hope to get rolling faster in the future but for the moment this is it.

23. SandTiger - Shimmer Your technical explanation of splitters etc didn’t mean anything to me, but your original composition was good fun! Light cheery – bell-like, it was a very happy tune. Prettily played!

24. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Meditation And I meet another new-to-me-composer! I really enjoyed listening to this piece Mike – it is so full and intense in some parts, and then light and delicate in others. In some parts it sounds like a conversation between a man and a woman. Very very interesting!(And thank you for including the link on her bio!)

25. Hawgdriver - Nocturne in B flat minor, Op. 9/1 I was going to call it a night after listening to Mike’s piece, but saw that you’d performed Chopin, so … I couldn’t resist. I’m charmed. Delighted. Uplifted. Thank you for such a delicious end to my evening. Just loved it.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by casinitaly

I started off just listening to a sampling. Then I got hooked. So I started writing comments and before long I couldn't stop. When everyone does such a great job, it's really easy to comment. smile

But I started since the recital opened last night. Only 6pm my time then.

Pianoclues.com for Beginners
My Jazz Blog
Hamburg Steinway O, Nord Electro 4 HP

7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jazzwee

I started off just listening to a sampling. Then I got hooked. So I started writing comments and before long I couldn't stop. When everyone does such a great job, it's really easy to comment. smile

But I started since the recital opened last night. Only 6pm my time then.

smile It was past my bedtime when the recital opened!

I know what you mean about being hooked - it is so hard to stop once you get rolling!

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Carlos: simply wonderful. I would have had no idea you improvised the ending (or most of it lol) if you hadn't of said so. smile

Jared: Very nicely done! I think you captured the spirit of Zanarkand just right. smile

Cebukid: Lovely. And simply amazed you could do a video recording with kids yelling in the background! My son so much as talks to me and I have to stop playing within seconds.

k back to my practicing now.. more later. smile

Becca
Began: 01-12-11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by Mr Super-Hunky
I realized when I submitted this piece that the gain levels of the recording were on the low side. I remember reading that "all submissions will be normalized" and thought that the louder recordings would be lowered a bit and the quieter recordings would be increased in volume so that when played back they all sound around the same volume. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case unless I am not understanding this concept correctly.

The pieces are normalized before compiling into the zip files (and that should indeed raise the volume for a low-volume source recording), but the individual link in the recital thread goes to your original recording. I'm not sure which file (normalized vs. raw) the streaming player uses.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Thanks for the explanation Monica. It is just too easy to digitally adjust the gain level after the fact that I should be the one responsible for doing this before submitting it! [Inflatable ref just got a smack to vent frustration with self!}

UPDATE: Monica, just to answer your question, it appears the streaming player uses the original file. {Not the corrected one if you screwed up the gain levels like I did.).

Last edited by Mr Super-Hunky; 11/15/12 06:24 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Peyton: on what was supposed to be a quick break from practicing *ahem* I watched the whole video. Very very lovely. I used to walk at night all the time and just loved it (I'm talking between 2 and 4 am with my dog.) This song really captures the wonder and the beauty I used to feel wandering about in the dark quiet watching the sky change. You made me feel homesick. smile A beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing it.

Becca
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Wouter: This is all new to me. A very neat sound to it. I can almost hear the harpsicord in it. Excellent!

Amaruk: That was very pretty. Again another new one for me. I really like what you did with the video. Make me wonder how such a lovely song fit in with this movie. smile

dannylux: Lovely. smile

Greener: I have heard of these but not actually heard them before. LOL Fantastic tunes. I can see how these sound similar to the minute but are very different. A very nice rhythm going with them.

Becca
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX

Originally Posted by Mr Super-Hunky
Thanks for the explanation Monica. It is just too easy to digitally adjust the gain level after the fact that I should be the one responsible for doing this before submitting it! [Inflatable ref just got a smack to vent frustration with self!}

UPDATE: Monica, just to answer your question, it appears the streaming player uses the original file. {Not the corrected one if you screwed up the gain levels like I did.).

I think mahlzeit set it up that way deliberately, because some people didn't want the compression that goes on during normalization.

Originally Posted by jazzwee

LizAnne -- that volume was way too low. Even with my volume all the way up I can hardly hear. But from what I can discern, a wonderful melody coming out. Just hoped to hear more of it. I can just pick up treble.

frown I don't understand what happened. The recording sounds just fine on my computer. And I recorded MIDI - input volume looks fine...

[Linked Image]
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Here's another set. I needed this after a long day at work.

13. wj3/Walt - Bethena I was looking forward to this. You got thru it a lot better than I did several recitals ago when one of my pauses was so long that I still wonder if I'm going to start up again laugh This arrangement keeps the flavor of the original really well, and you'll love the original. But it took me several years, yes, several years, to be able to actually play it. Good luck!

14. ladypayne - Early Winter It kind of sounds like early winter in Russia, or Hungary. I love your big sound.

15. (Was) True Beginner - Sandy This felt more mature than your previous compositions, which I guess isn't a surprise. But your skills are really growing. Very nice.

16. BenPiano - Poem What a charming piece, and you played it completely appropriately. How cute that your family wrapped it for you and gave it to you smile

17. Monica K. Opening This was mesmerizing. A great way to make the transition from work to downtime.Your technical skills always amaze me, too. I just don't play this cleanly, and this was a difficult piece to do it on any way. Excellent.

18. cgyan/Iain - Morning Light Oh, well-played. The dynamics are great.

19. jazzpt - You SeeWhat a beautiful start. And what technique you have. Very cool.

20. Inlanding - Glen - Angle Eye and Morning Greets the New Day Great study in contrasts. You and Hawgdriver have the "contemplative/reflective" awards for this recital. I loved the improv.

21. Andy Platt - Gavotte and Variations Ah, a dance! I love the pieces themselves and I love the way your bass clef/counter melodies sing out.

22. casinitaly (Cheryl) - Romanza and The Little Music Box I love your music box smile And your musicality just keeps getting better - I didn't have that until 30 years after I stopped lessons. Yours is great.

More tomorrow -

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
I couldn't possibly single out any of the contributions to the 28th Recital so I'm taking them all in groups. I am in awe of the overall quality, especially with respect to the relative experience, and am amazed at the diversity of material.

There were moments, reading the background pages, where my jaw dropped at the experience field and my eyes watered reading the additional info, not to mention drooling at the instrument used field.

I thank everyone for sharing these performances, I've listened to all of them a few times and some will be on my mp3 player for a while yet.

I'm honoured to be a part of this inspiring group.

Thank you, Jazzwee and Cathy, for listening and for your touching comments.

02. jaredm2012 Jared Miller - To Zanarkand
12. Jake S - Prelude no.4 in E minor
23. SandTiger - Shimmer
29. Allard - Before the Last Leaf Falls
35. MrPozor - The Doll's Funeral

You have all taken the first steps on your piano journey and while you've decided to take different paths you've all shown remarkable control for such inexperienced fingers.

21. Andy Platt - Gavotte and Variations
22. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Romanza and The Little Music Box
44. Valencia - Work in Progress --Chopin's Etude 25/11
50. Bessel - The Happy Farmer (Returning from Work), and Wild Horseman
51. PianoStudent88 - Minuets BWV Anh. 114, 115
53. Sam Rose (Shmuel R) - Solfeggietto (Solfeggio) in C Minor
54. Norrec, Tim - Solitude

Some of you have more time at the piano than others and have different starting levels of dexterity and control. Your time may not always have been as focussed with some of you and there may have been long gaps between starting out and where you are now but each of you are beginning to show direction and purpose. You are all approaching a period of accelerated progress and you all seem ready to embrace it.

01. CarlosCC - Canzone Popolare (Francia 1500ca) - Original extended cover
05. wouter79 - Les Baricades Misterieuses
16. BenPiano - Poem
18. cgyan / Iain - Morning Light
26. MusicaMusique - Je t'aimais, je t'aime, je t'aimerai
43. Starr Keys - Broken Hearted Me
46. Coldsalmon - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2
48. Teodor - Tereza's Inspiration (Original Piece)
15. (Was)TrueBeginner - Sandy

There is a clear maturity in your fingers and a clearer direction in your choice of material. Those who are taking a classical route are struggling to match the sonority and confidence of those taking a more modern direction where the fingers are free of the more rigorous discipline of classical piano but getting to where you are now, whatever path you've chosen, has taken a resolve that will most likely see you continuing on to the next level.

I would be unable to guess your experience from the quality of your performances but I am sure I would have guessed longer in each case. It took me longer to get where you are now.

03. cebukid - Bach Invention 1 in C-Major (BWV 772)
27. kenjazz (Ken) - Waltz For Debby
36. lyricmudra - Consolation No. 3
52. Mar_red - Dom (Home) / Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Medley.
13. Wj3 / Walt - Bethena
07. dannylux / Mel - Kosenko Consolation Op.9 No.1
11. Mr Super-Hunky - Nothing Else Matters-original cover
37. TrapperJohn - I'll Be Seeing You
42. Copper - What a Wonderful World
17. Monica K. - Opening

At this stage you have all reached a point where your relationship with the instrument is established and your practise time is simply a part of your life. It shows. Some of you are where you want to be and others are still ambitious for more but I'm quite confident that this time next year you will all be able to listen back to these performances and know you've moved on already.

04. Peyton - Message From Space: Waiting for the Sun
06. Amaruk - Summer '78
08. Greener / Jeff Green - Little Preludes No. 2 (BWV 934) & No. 4 (BWV 936)
09. Riddler (Ed) - Chelsea Bridge
10. timmyab - Arabesque no 1
14. ladypayne - Early Winter
19. Jazztpt (Russ) - You See
20. Inlanding - Glen - Angle Eye and Morning Greets the New Day
24. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Meditation
28. MaryBee - Bagatelle No.25 in A minor (Fur Elise)
30. Jazzwee - Blue Monk
32. TX-Dennis/Dennis Turner - Be Thou My Vision
33. Serge88 - My Way
39. Ganddalf - Prelude Op.45
40. Sam S - Prelude Opus 28 number 15 (Raindrop)
41. joangolfing - Elves' Dance
45. jotur/Cathy Turner - Alexander's Ragtime Band
47. windywindy - Love Is All Around
49. BillM - When You Wish Upon A Star
55. Mile Hi Steve - Halloween Potpourri

While not all of you have a full decade at the keys and some have had that time interrupted, you all have an affinity with the piano that doesn't come from a few short years and you express your personalities clearly through your playing. I'm proud to be part of this group and delighted to get to know you better by listening to you as well as rubbing shoulders with you in the forum.

I've learned so much by participating in this, my first ABF recital, and I am off now to start practising for the next.

Thank you everyone.

Richard
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
01 CarlosCC Canzone Popolare, unkown composer
This is so beautiful, Carlos. Well done.

02 jaredm2012 Jared Miller To Zanarkand, Nobuo Uematsu
Nice job, Jared. Are you sure it's only 5 months? Your expressiveness is that of a veteran player. Amazing.

03 cebukid Bach Invention 1 in C-Major (BWV 772)
Nice job on a tricky piece. Sounds like some one was having fun in the background, too.

04 Peyton Message From Space: Waiting for the Sun
Holy smoke! There is a lot going on in this piece. Are you sure you don't have a third hand? An interesting atmospheric piece that, to my ears, sounds impossibly difficult. Sweet!

05 wouter79 Les Baricades Misterieuses, Francois Couperin
Another beautiful piece. It does not sound easy, but you make it seem effortless, wouter. Great job.

That's all I will have time for tonight. I am tired and rather upset about a tragic accident that befell a veteran's parade here today. Hunt For Heroes Tragedy

Last edited by TX-Dennis; 11/15/12 09:53 PM.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Oh, Dennis, I'm so sorry. I saw those headlines and didn't realize it's where you are. My heart goes out to all those affected frown

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
C
C
Originally Posted by Allard

I sort of have mixed feelings about this recital. A mix of inspiration, awe and a little bit of despair - so many people playing so well, with so much more experience. A lot of these pieces don't sound like beginner's work at all!

Allard, I had a very similar reaction after my first ABF recital!! I questioned the definition of an adult beginner!
Our beginners range from absolute "never played an instrument" to "played an instrument but not piano" to "played piano as a kid then took a 40 year break".

You are quite right that many of these pieces don't sound at all "beginner-ish" --- but do not let it make you despair. Inspiration is good--- awe is fun, but intimidating!!
Just think of what YOU will be playing in a few years!

Personally, I admire the absolute beginners the most for taking part in the recital. It takes a lot of guts to be a beginner. Even if a piece is not very "advanced," there is always something to admire about the performance, and something we can learn from it. Thank you again to everyone who participated for giving me a reason to try for perfection, and for teaching me more about playing the piano.

G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member
G
Best performance on a DIY rebuilt Beckstein Grand Piano:

40. Sam S - Prelude Opus 28 number 15 (Raindrop)

Outstanding performance and Piano sound, Sam. Congratulations, on your first recital with the new piano and a terrific performance.

Best Duet:

This is a really fun piece. Highly entertaining and a really great performance. Very nicely done.

Best Piano Arrangement with vocals:

it's a tie:
43. Starr Keys - Broken Hearted Me
49. BillM - When You Wish Upon A Star

Very touching and compassionate performances. Good stuff, Bill and Starr Keys.

Best live band improvised performance:

30. Jazzwee - Blue Monk

Very cool swing and nightclub sound. Nicely done and great band, Jazzwee.

OK, now I know it's not a contest and just having some fun here. If I could find enough categories, of course, everyone would be going home with a trophy, in addition to the honorable red dot medallion.

Very impressed with terrific mixed and multi-instrument sounds:

27. kenjazz (Ken) - Waltz For Debby

this is really a great nightclub jazz sound, Ken and great pick. I love the tune. Nicely done.

20. Inlanding - Glen - Angle Eye and Morning Greets the New Day

you really nail the swing on this one, Glen. Really great playing.

55. Mile Hi Steve - Halloween Potpourri

Wow, this is impressive stuff, Steve. Thought I was listening to Styx for a minute there ... a really a fabulous sound.

I really have a lot to learn from all you folks.

One more mention, post my first go round' of recital highlights:

53. Sam Rose (Shmuel R) - Solfeggietto (Solfeggio) in C Minor

I am very impressed with these performances based on material selection, presentation, sound quality and overall time on bench. Outstanding ...

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I'm on the road ( I'm showing my paintings at the Paradise City art show in Marlborough Ma. If any of you all are in the area come by and say hi) with just my iPhone to access the web so I won't be able to listen till next week, it looks to be an awesome recital !!

Last edited by Peyton; 11/15/12 11:21 PM.
D
D
Originally Posted by Greener

Best Duet:

This is a really fun piece. Highly entertaining and a really great performance. Very nicely done.

'Best duet' seems a bit unnecessary - its the only one isnt it? (I havent listened to everyone yet). But hey - thanks anyway.

Parent....
Orchestral Viola player (stictly amateur)....
Hack Pianist.... (faded skills from glory days 20 yrs ago)
Vague Guitar & Bass player.... (former minor income stream 15 yrs ago)
Former conductor... (been a long time since I was set loose with a magic wand!)
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
From top to bottom, this is the best recital I've heard in my time here. I don't know you can really measure recitals like that, saying one is better than another, except that I just enjoy the music I hear so much. I enjoy the selections, I enjoy the performances, but most of all I enjoy the sheer musicality. Thank all of you for your passion, and especially thank you to Monica and the others that keep this alive and thriving.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission