2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (danno858, AlkansBookcase, dbudde, David B, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, 15 invisible), 1,845 guests, and 289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Farmerjones
it's been progress, plateau, progress, plateau. While i know there's going to be points where there seems like no progress, i also know and trust there will times when i do move forward. This is why i don't push it. If i get tired/bored of where im at, i explore. Exploration leads to discovery. Discovery leads to satisfaction. Satisfaction leads to boredom. etc. etc. Just as well, enjoy the ride. smile

+1. I couldn't agree more, especially about the exploration part when one seems to have reached a plateau.

There's more than one way around a problem and sometimes the circuitous route is best. Not only can it offer the best scenery but more chances that one will see something important along the way one would miss just following a straight line from point A to point B. But even if one doesn't, it's often exhilarating for its own sake, which gives you more energy for the climb off that plateau. Thanks for your post!

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
....Jazzwee, I loved your post. It was very interesting to hear about your journey and process. It just hasn't been mine, nor do I see it as being mine in what's left of this lifetime. But I admire your tenacity and dedication and am grateful for your support of my comparatively meager efforts. You seemed to have found your vocation late--two vocations actually, performing and being an "inspiration" to those who also want to perform professionally.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Thanks for all the kind comments. BeccaBb, Rocket88, ClsscLib, Starr Keys.

Starr Keys -- you do have it right. It's not just about me wanting to perform. I didn't intend to do that originally but it just was a result of where I got to. But really the vocation of giving an inspiration to adult beginners to prove that comments about "plasticity" of the brain, and other physical limitations based on age are has truly been an important part of this process.

So yes, I'm happy to be an inspiration for other adult beginners to reach their desired goal. I also want to make sure that people understand that I'm not making a claim of being some great pianist. I'm not. All I can claim is that I'm progressing just as well as any kid. And I'm still getting better.

BTW - I'm probably somewhere near 6000-6500 hours now. So somewhere near 3500-4000 to go of "Practice".

Pianoclues.com for Beginners
My Jazz Blog
Hamburg Steinway O, Nord Electro 4 HP

K
K
Jazzwee, you are my hero. In fact I'm more or less doing the same experiment about "is that 10000 hours rule right or wrong?" and "how far can I get with focused practice?". From your long excellent post above I can learn again some useful things for me so at least in my case you are already inspiring me. Thanks a lot for your very open-minded posts! Karel

November 2011: piano entered into my life.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission