2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
53 members (Chris B, Cheeeeee, Carey, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, 10 invisible), 2,009 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
how uncanny lol, I was thinking about asking you Rossy, I know about having to do 10 post holds, hoping no-one will post inbetween, hence your early mornings (or late nights PROBABILY lol) and all the extra work, and it's RST Copyright pmsl! Would you then? be the host? Please & thnx smile x

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Naturally wayne, no probs thats why I offered! lol. Its the least I can do after ducking out of this one, but I had much outside work that had to be done before winter set in here in Wales, and it was all on a west facing end of a garage that takes the brunt of the prevailing winds off the coast!!

There it is then folks, well done Wayne for (dare I say it) "stimulating" folk allong till the full compliment was reached!!

So off you go folks and practice long and hard, and should you have "moments" then just think of poor me outside in the rain and windy, I would much rather be struggling in the warm and dry on the piano!!!

May all your practice sessions be productive and full of fun, and when you are done Pm me your Youtube link with a few of your thoughts.....
Any probs technically, like recording or uploading, just give me or wayne a shout ( see how I included you back wayne! lol) and we will endeavour to help as much as possible.

Any notation help or fingering probs or phrasing issues, just ask dipsy, believe me if she doesnt know, her dad does.... my musical nemesis!!!

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
My husband just told me he has one of those little Flip video cameras, so I'm less stressed now smile

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Excellent, okay then it looks like it is "all systems go"
Happy practicing everyone.

Oh, wayne, If you pm me your addy, I will send a food parcel, thought you may need it when you get sacked from your job, after turning up dead tired because of all the gnos7 practice!! (joke)

It may be the only thing more taxing than this government. ( not joke)

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
No probs Ladychen one of us rabble will walk you through it by Pm if you have any "ladyproblems" with the camcorder or technology.. lol.

I had to record my last piece with two tin cans and a piece of string, well I may as well have done, the camcorder couldnt cope!!

pmsl wink

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
How's everyone doing?

I was still struggling through with the notes on page 1 and 2 and it recently dawned on me that I should try playing one hand at a time. Well! I should have done that right off the bat! I have most of the fingering down in both hands now, most of my hand changes figured out. Now I just have to practice it smoothly and add my hands together again, then on to pages 3 and 4!

I finally feel like I may have a slim chance of being able to put this together for November....

Becca
Began: 01-12-11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
I'm okay with the notes for mine, but I always struggle with knowing what to do to make Satie sound more interesting. It sounds a bit boring to me at times, but I guess repetition and minimalism are the hallmarks of his compositional style.

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
You'll get there Becca, smile

Ladychen, just play it how you think it sounds best, make it yours!

I'm working on the dynamics now, but I've been a bit short of time lately, but we still got a month or so left. These recitals are ace!

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
Becca you're so brave to do this, Satie looks easy but I'm quite sure it isn't.
I'm not even sure I'll have a simple piece ready for the ABF November recital.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
I'll be getting back to my piece in the next few days. It was going pretty well until I had to put more time on my publication. That will soon be done and I'll have time to focus my attention back on the piece.

Lady Chen, i understand what youre talking about with regards to repetitiveness. I'm enjoying exploring his style. My teacher was very supportive of me taking this on. It's a nice contrast to a far more difficult French impressionist piece I'm studying. While I'm comfortable with the notes in Satie's piece, there are a few fractures I'll focus on this weekend while I work on the dynamics and voicing.

Becca, hang in there. You're definitely on the right track now. Separating the hands is often forgotten. Also, I know a bigger challenge for me is to slow way down. That was particularly hard for me with the Gymnopedie because it is already real slow laugh. However, I must admit it is worth it to slow it down even a bit more.

I'm not sure about the memorization. I'll see how things go after I get more time with it this weekend.

Well I must be off to work. The publication is almost done. I'll check in later. smile

Carl

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks everyone! smile

Glad to know I'm on the right track. There are moments that are complete despair and the next minute it's like a light bulb goes off! LOL Slow isn't the word for my pace, hehe. I have no choice but to go at a turtle pace since everything in the score is brand new to me.

The repetition is a lifesaver for me. I doubt I'd be able to learn this in such a short time if it didn't repeat itself! smile

I'm not going to worry about memorizing this at all. I'd rather focus on making this sound like music. I'm planning on having the score up for my performance (I figure it's allowed for someone doing level 1 work!) If I happen to memorize it along the way, bonus.

Keep up the good work everyone! I'm excited to hear what you all will learn and interpret!

Sinophillia: thank you! Sometimes I think it's stupidity on my part, lol, but it's lots of fun and I know I'm learning a ton by trying this. I don't think it's easy but it's way ahead of my level so I have no real idea of how hard a piece this is considered. Hopefully you will join us in a future Themed Recital yourself!

Becca
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I think I’m improving little by little on my Gnossienne, but I still make random mistakes. I hate this kind of faults, surely because of they come from a lack of concentration.

R
R
I'm sort of done with my Gnossienne, I've already made a video and sent it to Rossy. I'm thrilled as well as worried about my Mendelssohn piece too much! That's why I was in a real hurry to finish Gnossienne so that I can manage to "decode" the sheet of op. 85-4 within finite time laugh
Originally Posted by BeccaBb
I'm not going to worry about memorizing this at all. I'd rather focus on making this sound like music. I'm planning on having the score up for my performance

I'm so lame at reading sheet music! I always try to memorize the piece as quickly as I can, so that I'd never have to look at the sheet again. laugh

Best wishes to all of you for this and the BIG recital. I can hardly wait to enjoy all of your performances.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Wow your done already Rupak? I'm so jealous. laugh I think we need to trade skills or meet halfway in the middle! That way both of us could choose whether to read or memorize! Congrats on finishing! Can't wait to hear it. smile

I feel your pain Recardo! I do that on pieces I've almost got down pat and it drives me nuts. I think your right too... our minds just wander away! LOL

Becca
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX
R
R
Originally Posted by BeccaBb
Wow your done already Rupak? I'm so jealous. laugh I think we need to trade skills or meet halfway in the middle! That way both of us could choose whether to read or memorize! Congrats on finishing! Can't wait to hear it. smile

Thanks Becca! My brain probably get disappointed when I stare at the sheet for long, so it opens the door of my memory, piles up the notes there and locks them up laugh
Trading skill is a good idea, but I think it'll be even better if we pirate our skills, so that whatever skill we have remains intact and we can copy each others' skill, LMAO laugh

Recaredo, I think you're also almost there. I often make random mistakes too, my fingers slip here and there. If this kind of problems don't go away I start recording my performances. That way my nerves get stronger and my mind remains focused either on the performance or on the red dot smile But at least it can't wander away, so it ultimately helps smile

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
So... when we are done then what? I finished this morning and I'm going to be putting together my video soon. But where do I send it?

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
I'll PM you Peyton, smile

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
aww man.. am I supposed to memorize this thing too? Is everyone else playing from memory?

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I did only because I played it so much I just ended up memorizing it. But I don't see why you should have to.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Lady Chen, I do not have time to memorize mine. I am definitely going to use sheet music while I perform my piece. I know your piece is more difficult than mine. You will not be alone! smile

Carl

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission