2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 11 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
11. Mr Super-Hunky - Nothing Else Matters-original cover I'm not sure how many guesses I would have to have been given before I guessed Metallica! It makes a really nice piano piece, dreamy, touching. Wonderfully played.

12. Jake S - Prelude no.4 in E minor Another familiar tune to me - I just love this piece. You play it beautifully, very nice feeling for the rhythm. I would perhaps add to the sense of urgency in the "wild bit". The ending was fantastic.

13. Wj3 / Walt - Bethena The wistful side of rag time (well, I guess it all is really). This is a wonderful piece, simplified or not. I think you played it with great tenderness but keeping the rag feeling. Great!

14. ladypayne - Early Winter It's too early in the week for me to play "spot the tune" so I just listened. Very nice composition; interesting changes in mood. I'll have to believe this feels like Winter to you - more like spring to me! Oh, and I heard, "For he's a jolly good fellow" in there ...

15. (Was)TrueBeginner - Sandy Man, I thought we were going to get the Grease classic, I feel cheated wink Ah, a beautiful piece indeed. I'm not sure if it feels like Sandy to me because I didn't hear a tree crash down in our yard like the real thing wink But it has a wonderful lilt to it, moving on and on to a happier place. Very nicely played.

16. BenPiano - Poem Nice of the kids to wrap this for you. Very nicely played too - it would be easy to let the big chords cause it to be "stodgy" but you kept them light and the piece moved wonderfully. I think it sounds pretty tough but if you say it's "in-betweener" I'll believe you. Almost.

17. Monica K. - Opening I was playing guess the composer. I didn't get it but when I saw who it was I had to kick myself because it's so obvious! This is a wonderful performance, the voices are so delicately played, interwoven into a gorgeous sound. You are way to hard on yourself - these were proper hands playing it!

18. cgyan / Iain - Morning Light This is a beautiful, mellow piece - delightfully played. The calm serenity with small patches of "light" are clearly present and you propel it forward with a wonderful sense of rhythm and tempo.

19. Jazztpt (Russ) - You See Wonderful composition and performance. I couldn't sense you running out of steam; great runs and a fantastic feel to it.

20. Inlanding - Glen - Angle Eye and Morning Greets the New Day A couple of very nice pieces. I really liked Angle Eye, it had such a great rhythm and you brought the melody out very nicely. Morning Greets the New Day was quite different, I could feel the piece "waking up", with some very nice touches in the deep bass. Excellently done.

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Here's my last batch of comments. What a fun recital!

42. Copper - What a Wonderful World I love this song - but once I hear it I can't get it out of my head! Well done.

43. Starr Keys - Broken Hearted Me What a treat. Great job singing and playing. The video was great too - I bet your sister is really touched by it.

44. Valencia - Work in Progress --Chopin's Etude 25/11 You are brave to tackle this! You've gotten a great start on it - looking forward to hearing more.

45. jotur/Cathy Turner - Alexander's Ragtime Band I love songs from this period too - especially the ones from musicals. There's an old movie with Ethel Merman and Tyrone Power where they sing this. Loved it.

46. Coldsalmon - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2 Wonderful. So sorry to hear about your piano...

47. windywindy - Love Is All Around Welcome to the ABF recitals! This was very bouncy and well played. Mary and Lou and Ted Baxter and Rhoda!

48. Teodor - Tereza's Inspiration (Original Piece) Excellent original piece! And great playing too.

49. BillM - When You Wish Upon A Star Excellent Bill! It wouldn't be an ABF recital without your singing and playing. I think this is my favorite Disney song from way back when we were kids.

50. Bessel - The Happy Farmer (Returning from Work), and Wild Horseman Two of my favorite little Schumann pieces! Now I will not be able to get that Happy Farmer tune out of my head. Excellent job!

51. PianoStudent88 - Minuets BWV Anh. 114, 115 This is the best rendition of these we have heard in a while. (These are probably the most played pieces in the ABF recitals). Good job.

52. Mar_red - Dom (Home) / Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Medley. The first piece was lovely - I've never heard it before. And it's always time for Christmas music - loved the jazzy arrangement.

53. Sam Rose (Shmuel R) - Solfeggietto (Solfeggio) in C Minor Very well done. I didn't really hear any unevenness. Piano sounds great.

54. Norrec, Tim - Solitude Sounds great - pedal sounds perfectly fine for this pice.

55. Mile Hi Steve - Halloween Potpourri What a hoot! I bet it was as much fun to play as it is to listen to. Very creative!

That's all folks...

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
I'm finally having a chance to sit and listen to the recital and... holy cow! These just get better and better. I almost feel it's unfair to single out any one performer as these are all so wonderful. There is no way I am going to be able to cover them all in one fell swoop so I shall be doing the random thing starting with the two folks that worked so hard to make this recital happen.

17. Monica.- Thank you Monica! You always bring such an interesting piece to the recital. I've really learned to like Glass. It's a mesmorizing piece and you do it justice.

40. Sam- Sam, I'm glad you chose to present the Raindrop. Such a monumental prelude. I can tell you enjoy playing it. When that dark section comes in at the middle it gives me chills. Hey, your recording sounds damned good!

49- Bill- .... You are such a class act! smile I always love hearing you sing. This is another great one.

45. Cathy- Yee ha! for the life of me I can never figure out how you can do all those leaps when playing ragtime. A great job.

39. Gandolf- Wow. That is really some beautiful playing. I think the bar just got raised way up on Chopin playing here at the forum. I just love everything about the way you play this from your touch to your rubato. And I read what you said about your recording and... it's not bad at all. Of course I'm listening on my computer with no headphones but it sounds great to me. Thank you for sharing this. You are an inspiration.

G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
G
12 Jake S

I really love this prelude. I remember hearing my Dad playing it when I was young and it made me melt. I recently set out to learn it myself. I think it sounds easy, but is not that easy. And is certainly not easy at all to play well. Good on you Jake for taking this on so early in your learning. You've done a lovely job with it. Suggest you keep working on it and come back and hear this recording again in a year or couple of years time. A piece like this is a terrific addition to your Repertoire and one that will grow with you over time. Really great stuff, Jake.

13 Wj3 / Walt

I've been paying more attention to Joplin of late as I see more and more buzz about it on PW. I see why now. This sounds like it would be really fun to play. But, certainly a challenge to get to this level of sounding like you're having fun with it. It sounds relaxed and that you are having fun with it. Nice choice and very well performed.

14 ladypayne

This is a very ambitious and complex composition, ladypayne. There are some very interesting elements and themes to it. Very well done, indeed.

15 (Was)TrueBeginner

Sandy seems like an appropriate name. You've done a nice job with the chord change selection in this. It is certainly not always what I was expecting and very soothing transitions. It is very pleasant listen. Well done.

16 BenPiano

You are doing extremely well, Ben, for 3.5 years on the bench now. Your hands look nicely relaxed flowing over the chords in the video and it comes across very nicely of course in the sound. I like this piece. Good selection and very polished presentation. Well done.

17 Monica K.

This sounds like it would be a very challenging piece to play well, Monika. You are right there with it. Terrific performance.

18 cgyan / Iain

Excellent recording Iain. Yes indeed, this is very expressive music and really an enjoyable listen. The cymbal and strings caught me by surprise. What a terrific effect and build. This is studio material. Very excellent. Good for you.

Jazztpt (Russ)

This must have been a lot of work to put together. I'm quite impressed by this. There is really a lot I can learn from you folks coming up with your own stuff. Good on you, Russ. Great job

A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
My next 10:

21. Andy Platt - Gavotte and Variations Ah well, perhaps it will be better next time wink

22. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Romanza and The Little Music Box Ah, I recognize the Romanza - very nicely played Cas. There is great tenderness and control over the whole piece. The Music Box sounded just like it's title - wonderful staccato playing, just right.

23. SandTiger - Shimmer This is perfectly placed right after The Little Music Box - a very similar feel! This is a great simple composition, very nicely controlled and played with delightful expression.

24. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Meditation This is a beautiful piece, which you play with great expression and feeling. I love the arpeggios and runs - they sound wonderful.

25. Hawgdriver - Nocturne in B flat minor, Op. 9/1 Sigh, I just love this nocturne, but especially when it's played with such expression and tenderness. The rubato is perfect, the phrasing is wonderful. Loved it!

26. MusicaMusique - Je t'aimais, je t'aime, je t'aimerai It's a shame about the background noise which distracts from the playing. What I heard sounded good, nice flowing rhythm and good control of the melody.

27. kenjazz (Ken) - Waltz For Debby What a wonderful feel to this piece. I love the transition into the waltz, you manage to make it feel different yet part of the whole. You have a great sense of the rhythm and when to let the melody fly off.

28. MaryBee - Bagatelle No.25 in A minor (Fur Elise) Wow, three pieces I've previously submitted in this ecital! Overall I really liked your performance. The main tempo could be a teeny bit faster for my liking (you did speed up for some parts, not sure if that was deliberate). I liked your touches of rubato and the choices of phrasing worked well. I really liked the more "stormy" sections.

29. Allard - Before the Last Leaf Falls This has a beautiful dreamy quality to it. You bring a smoothness to the piece that it needs. I enjoyed your tempo changes and dynamic range greatly.

30. Jazzwee - Blue Monk Oh, yeah, back in the club. We know we're going to hear a great tune and great playing and, once again, you don't disappoint! Your piano solo was definitely the high point. It started out small, grew, grew and grew - you showed exactly how it's done. Great job!

Kawai K3
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
23 SandTiger Shimmer
Nice job, SandTiger. You are off to a great start on your lifetime piano adventure.

24 Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White Meditation, Cecile Chamanade
Interesting piece, Mike. I haven't heard this one before. Can a piece be contemplative and dramatic at the same time? This one is. NIce job on a piece that sounds challenging to play well.

25 Hawgdriver Nocturne in B flat minor, Op. 9/1, Chopin
Great job, Leon. Very expressively played with that smooth delicate touch that a nocturne requires. Yes, I too wish I had time for a good instructor, but your lack of one does NOT show in this performance. A wonderful performance.

26 MusicaMusique Je t'aimais, je t'aime, je t'aimerai, Francis Cabrel
This is another new piece to me. Quite a beautiful one, too. Well done, MM. Thoroughly enjoyable despite the very noisy recording.

27 kenjazz(Ken) Waltz For Debby, Bill Evans
Nice job, Ken and synthetic accompanists. I have always enjoyed this song. It is challenging for me to play well, but I do goof around on it now and then. Dramatic playing, and a near pro quality performance, Ken. Very enjoyable.

Last edited by TX-Dennis; 11/19/12 09:32 PM.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by Andy Platt
05. wouter79 - Les Baricades Misterieuses A beautiful way to introduce Couperin! This piece flows so beautifully, the pedaling is just great. You have a very nice touch with the phrasing and the melody line is brought out very nicely.

Andy, believe it or not but I'm not using the pedal at all smile

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
31. zrtf90 (Richard) - Romance Sans Paroles, Op. 17 No. 3 I was captivated. I don't believe I have heard this before , though I do like a lot of Faure. The expression was outstanding; I loved the pedalling, just wonderful all around.

32. TX-Dennis/Dennis Turner - Be Thou My Vision This is a beautiful arrangement of a classic hymn that I know well. You play it with great tenderness; I really felt you kept the melody out front without being obvious.

33. Serge88 - My Way I would never have thought this could work without the vocals but you can prove it can. It's a beautiful arrangement and delightfully played. I love where it goes up an octave.

34. LizAnne - Elegy Op.183, No.2 This was a nice piece and I can hear how you are working on dynamics. You mention the chords not being in sync (I didn't really hear it): Having a hard time with dynamics and the chord synchronization *can* be a sign of tension. Given your frequent restarts, that wouldn't surprise me. So make sure you look up how to play without tension if you haven't already. But I digress, I really enjoyed your performance: It brought out the melancholy nature of it beautifully.

35. MrPozor - The Doll's Funeral Great playing for seven months! You have a great feeling for this piece. You will learn to phrase the repeated notes a little more but this is a super start.

36. lyricmudra - Consolation No. 3 I love this piece and you have really brought out the pathos in it. It's obviously a very difficult piece but you seem to have swept through most of the technical difficulties with great aplomb! Well done.

37. TrapperJohn - I'll Be Seeing You I love these Decade by Decade arrangments (our local library has some, but not unfortunately the 1930s). You do a wonderful job bringing out the melody with delicate accompaniment behind. The pathos is captured very nicely.

38. DadAgain (& DadAgains Daughter) - Rondo Op163 #6 Wow, what a barnstormer! For a couple of week's work this is amazing - and, actually the piano being slightly out of tune really suits it! I really enjoyed the dramatic dynamic swells that you both seemed to have worked out well in a short time.

39. Ganddalf - Prelude Op.45 I'm not very familiar with this "25th" prelude. What a wonderful piece you make it, though. The melody floats on top of discreet, but well considered accompaniment. Very beautiful!

40. Sam S - Prelude Opus 28 number 15 (Raindrop) Two Chopin preludes in a row - bliss! I love the Raindrop and you do a perfect job bringing out the repeated notes "just right." I really enjoyed the phrasing of the melody over the top too. The piano sounds absolutely beautiful too!

Kawai K3
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by wouter79
05. wouter79 - Les Baricades Misterieuses A beautiful way to introduce Couperin! This piece flows so beautifully, the pedaling is just great. You have a very nice touch with the phrasing and the melody line is brought out very nicely.

Andy, believe it or not but I'm not using the pedal at all smile

I went back and listened again very carefully - quite remarkable. Great finger pedaling then!

Kawai K3
J
J
Originally Posted by Monica K.
02. jaredm2012 Jared Miller - To Zanarkand: Congratulations on your first recital! I love this piece, and I’ve tried to learn it in the past but was always too intimidated by the monster fast arpeggios on the last repeat. I like how you changed it to make it manageable, and I may just shamelessly copy you and do it that way myself.

Thanks Monica! This is actually not the same version of the piece as the one you're referring to. I played this version of the piece. This is the version from the original soundtrack of FFX.

Subsequently, it was arranged for an album called the FFX Piano Collections, which is considerably harder =)That's the version with the crazy arpeggios. Here is the Piano Collections version.

G

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
G
20 Inlanding - Glen

Nice swing to the Angel Eyes, Glen. The improv has a lovely melancholy feel to it. Some very interesting dynamics and very expressive. I like it. Nicely done, Glen.

21 Andy Platt

I really like the clean style of this, Andy. It is very nice piece and another I was not familiar with. Parts of this are very reminiscent of Bach to me, but with some lovely contrasting themes. Excellent performance, very good recording and really fine playing, Andy.

22 CASINITALY (Cheryl)

These are very cute pieces, Cheryl. Clearly some tricky business with these that you are handling very well. I'm particularly fond of the first one. It is a very pretty melody and harmony and you present it very well. Great job.

23 SandTiger

Nice little composition you've created here, SandTiger. Good for you, nice playing and look forward to hearing more from you.

24 Mike White

This was a pleasant surprise. I was expecting a BossNova which this clearly is not. Some really great changes in this. I'd never heard of it before. I like it. Nice, powerful expression and nicely performed, Mike. Well done.

25 Hawgdriver

I think this is my favorite of this recital. It is a very good recording and just a lovely easy listen. I'm working on more Chopin myself and know that it is a tricky business to play well. Very well done, Hawgdriver.

26 MusicaMusique

This is very catchy melody with some interesting surprises. Well done in picking this up by ear. Nice playing.

27 kenjazz (Ken)

As I've said many times now I think, Ken, this is a very cool sound you are achieving. I really like this one in particular. A really great tune and the live band effect really works for me, plus I love a good Waltz. I will put this one on my radar now, as well. Really great stuff, Ken.

28 MaryBee

Fabulous MaryBee. Also one I have somewhere in my past but will now need to dig up and try to get into shape again. If I can come close to this level of presentation, I'll be very pleased. Really nice playing.

29 Allard

Nice playing, Allard. You are doing extremely well and this is a good choice of piece for presentation. It is quite a nice piece and you play it very well. Good for you and look forward to hearing more from you.

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Just got out of shoulder surgery. All went well. Will be a few days before I can type normal. Probably won't be able to play for a bit. Thanks for the comments, look forward to sharing my own. This is an outstanding recital. Outstanding.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Even yet still more Random Reviews:

49. BillM - When You Wish Upon A Star

Bill - subtle and warm and pensive - one of my favorite Disney tunes too...

52. Mar_red - Dom (Home) / Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Medley.

Mar-Red - "Dom(Home)" is a lovely tune lovingly played - enjoyed this a lot - not sure if the medley (or some of us) is ready for "Santa" though...

Trap

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
36. lyricmudra - Consolation No. 3
Beautifully played – I loved the lyrical quality of your interpretation. Normally I’m not a big fan of the dancing hands camera angle for non-instructional piano videos but I enjoyed watching your video because you obviously were moved by the music. Your piano has a wonderful tone.

37. TrapperJohn - I'll Be Seeing You
Another terrific song selection – you always manage to pick songs that have strong, memorable melodies. A fine performance.

39. Ganddalf - Prelude Op.45
I dunno – I think any teacher would be proud to claim you as a student. This is a highly musical and sensitive performance. You play beautifully and your piano has a full, rich tone. We are the same age - I also continue to try to improve. Hopefully piano playing, like fine wine, improves with age. I really enjoyed listening to your recording.

40. Sam S - Prelude Opus 28 number 15 (Raindrop)
I was very much looking forward to hearing your new to you Bechstein. The piano has a lovely ringing treble that complements your excellent playing on this piece. You should be very proud of your accomplishments both as a craftsman and as a musician.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
43. Starr Keys - Broken Hearted Me
Your singing lessons are definitely taking! I am really enjoying your vocals, your fine accompaniment and very cool arrangement.

44. Valencia - Work in Progress --Chopin's Etude 25/11
Too bad your recording set-up doesn't match your piano skills. I read your write-up before listening to your recording and wasn't expecting such a skillful performance. Very impressive.

45. jotur/Cathy Turner - Alexander's Ragtime Band
When I see your name pop up on the list I know we are in store for a toe-tapping performance. You make this old chestnut rock. Sound like you had as much fun playing this as I did listening. Very nice!

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
Thank you everyone for your fabulous recital pieces and for the feedback. I haven't been able to do feedback, but I've kept the recital playing in the background at work. It sounds fabulous!!

34. LizAnne - Elegy Op.183, No.2 This was a nice piece and I can hear how you are working on dynamics. You mention the chords not being in sync (I didn't really hear it): Having a hard time with dynamics and the chord synchronization *can* be a sign of tension. Given your frequent restarts, that wouldn't surprise me. So make sure you look up how to play without tension if you haven't already.

This is a very useful one for me. Yup, I'm so tense I'm rock solid when I play. I will work on this. Thank you.

[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
28 MaryBee Bagatelle No.25 in A minor (Fur Elise), Beethoven
Excellent performance. I prefer it at this tempo rather than the faster tempo many take on this piece. Perhaps it's because this is about as fast as I can go with it, or maybe it's because my first exposure to it was from the Charlie Brown Christmas show as a very young kid who was just starting to play piano and really wanted to be able to play what Schroeder played. Yours is perfect to my ears.

29 Allard Before the Last Leaf Falls, David Lanz
This is really pretty, Allard. I haven't heard the piece before. You play it with a nice delicate touch and your dynamics seem to fit the piece perfectly.

30 Jazzwee Blue Monk, Thelonious Monk
Sweet! A very professional sounding performance, and it sounds like the audience, though small, was very enthusiastic about your playing. Great job.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
#8. Greener- Jeff, OK, the recording quality may not be as good as that pro recording studio but this was delightful to listen to. Extremely well played IMB (in my book).

11. ]Mr. SH- I was looking forward to hearing this after all the hype. What a let down..... ha ha. I just wanted to see the look on your face. Actually, it's pretty friggin good. And I love that glissade in the middle, especially after that deep bass note. I've never listened to Metalica so the piece is new to me and I would never have guessed it was from a heavy metal band. A great melody. Shoot me, I actually had to listen to it twice.

16. Ben- a sweet little piece. I'd love to know your story for it. It has a real "old fashion" feel to me. It would fit an old black and white movie, a dance perhaps.

1. Carlos- I like how you took the original and then went off on your own. It really became your own piece. It has a very sad feel to it, but quite beautiful.

5. Wouter- A beautiful piece. And very well played with a nice legato. And you are right, we don't hear much Couperin and you have to wonder why. They are such wonderful works.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
15. (Was)TrueBeginner - Sandy

Really good work!! I'm extremely amazed at those who can compose. This had a Dr. Zhivago-esqe sound to it.

16. BenPiano - Poem

Nice little piece! You're right, it's a great in-betweener. Your vast repertoire and sampling of different composers continues to amaze me! grin

17. Monica K. - Opening

Great work, Monica!! You're right...I can "hear" the different voices and very mesmerizing indeed.

18. cgyan / Iain - Morning Light

Very interesting accompaniment and background music. Based on your description, you achieved the desired effect. Bravo!

19. Jazztpt (Russ) - You See

Jazz piano...such a difficult sounding genre where I'd rather listen to others play it than try it myself! As usual, Jazzpt, great piano bar sounding work! Very soothing sound....

20. Inlanding - Glen - Angle Eye and Morning Greets the New Day

What a fun-sounding piece and a real finger-snapper. smile Excellent that you're making a comeback from injuries.

21. Andy Platt - Gavotte and Variations

I've never heard of this composer so thanks for introducing him! I didn't really hear any of the flubs that you described, and sometimes I think one take is the way to go! smile Anyway, I really liked your phrasing and dynamics. The different strains sound like they tell a different story. Good job on a very long piece.

22. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Romanza and The Little Music Box

LOL, I got confused at first because I listened to your's right after Andy's a thought this was one of the strains or a continuation of Andy's piece. It "sounds" like it's in the same key...anyway, Cheryl, your improvements continue to amaze me and it's fun listening to the progress that you're making with each recital.

23. SandTiger - Shimmer

Again, I admire those with the guts and talent to compose. Very nice work! smile

24. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White - Meditation

The diversity of this group is amazing....I've never heard this composer either. Excellent interpretation of his work. Your smooth playing sounds like that of a seasoned veteran.

25. Hawgdriver - Nocturne in B flat minor, Op. 9/1

Some players *just know* how to play Chopin, and you, Hawgdriver are in this elite group. I love this Nocturne and your interpretation of it! I like the rich sound of your digital too. smile

26. MusicaMusique - Je t'aimais, je t'aime, je t'aimerai

Excellent for playing by ear! It didn't sound easy. smile

27. kenjazz (Ken) - Waltz For Debby

Aaaahhhh....jazz piano again. Great performance and description of the piece.

28. MaryBee - Bagatelle No.25 in A minor (Fur Elise)

Aahh..so this is how Für Elise should be played. smile Believe it or not, I never tire of this piece. I loved your phrasing too, by the way. It didn't sound mechanical like mine did...lol.

29. Allard - Before the Last Leaf Falls

I love New Age piano. This was a nice little work from a well known composer, Lanz, and it's great that after only a year, you're tackling this piece, and play it like a veteran!

30. Jazzwee - Blue Monk

What an awesome live performance jazzwee!!! I am in amazement that you, who started at such an advanced age - a true adult beginner - can play improvisational Jazz (or in this case, Blues) piano at a high level like this and in front of a live audience! I wish I was there enjoying the show. smile

31. zrtf90 (Richard) - Romance Sans Paroles, Op. 17 No. 3

What a nice, reflective and sombre piece. Great interpretation!! I know exactly what you mean about how a change in fingering that you're comfortable with can screw you up...been there and done that! You sound very relaxed and confident here.

32. TX-Dennis/Dennis Turner - Be Thou My Vision

Gotta love old Irish hymns - especially a familiar one like this one. You really played nice "cantibile" with the right hand. smile

33. Serge88 - My Way

Wow, and yet another familiar tune where you also play nice cantibile singing "voice" with your piano. Bravo!

34. LizAnne - Elegy Op.183, No.2

LizAnne, I'm sort of following in your footsteps too, but not as drastic. I haven't played much in 2012 but it's okay, I think, to make piano "something you do on the side" (if you're like me and can't practice everyday), rather than quit and restart all the time. Anyway, nice starter (or should I say restarter) piece. You did a fine job! smile

35. MrPozor - The Doll's Funeral

Nice work for just 7 months of exerpience! You captured the gloom and darkness of this Tchaikovsky classic.

36. lyricmudra - Consolation No. 3

Excellent!! Your classical training from your youth really comes through in your interpretation.

37. TrapperJohn - I'll Be Seeing You

Nice old tune TJ! Enjoyed it a lot.

38. DadAgain (& DadAgains Daughter) - Rondo Op163 #6

Excellent 4 hands performance from you guys. I'd like to do a duet with my daughter too one day. smile

39. Ganddalf - Prelude Op.45

Ganddalf...nicely played!! Your fingers are so obviously seasoned, and nice job on the recording! I have a zoom h1 too (didn't use it this time around).

40. Sam S - Prelude Opus 28 number 15 (Raindrop)

Aaahh...I love this piece. Your interpretation sounded great and musical, Sam! Your new grand sounds great too, by the way.

Last edited by CebuKid; 11/20/12 07:23 PM.

YouTube Channel
Scott Joplin Repertoire

Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
- Berthold Auerbach

[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
41. joangolfing - Elves' Dance This sounded very nice. Your staccatos were very crisp and clear. Very good recording levels too.

42. Copper - What a Wonderful World One of the most beautiful tunes ever written. It's always a pleasure to hear. Thanks Cu.

43. Starr Keys - Broken Hearted Me I'm a bit stuck on what to say after reading your description other than I wish everyone the best. The drawings and paintings in the video were very nice and represented a great deal of artistic talent. I can feel a sense of sorrow in your playing/singing that a lot of people could relate to in their lives. Nicely done and presented.

44. Valencia - Work in Progress --Chopin's Etude 25/11 It sounds like your making great progress on this piece. I didn't think it sounded that bad either considering the equipment being used. Keep it up.

45. jotur/Cathy Turner - Alexander's Ragtime Band This is fun music to listen to Cathy. The peppy/perky beat is what I like most about it. You did a great job with this and it's always fun to hear. More please.

46. Coldsalmon - Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No. 2 No technical feedback given here. Just letting you know I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this performance. Very well played.

47. windywindy - Love Is All Around Oh I remember this tune. It brings back old memories. I thought you did a nice job with this tune.

48. Teodor - Tereza's Inspiration (Original Piece) This was very nice Teodor. I could almost here a some Einaudi-ish melodies along with your own added flavor. Nicely done.

49. BillM - When You Wish Upon A Star Very nicely done Bill. It was very relaxing to listen to, but. I'm getting a little, a little.... ahhhZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

50. Bessel - The Happy Farmer (Returning from Work), and Wild Horseman I liked the pace of this tune; especially at the mid point where it took on a different tempo. It was fun to listen too. Nicely done.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission