2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
67 members (bcalvanese, 20/20 Vision, booms, Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, crab89, AlkansBookcase, 9 invisible), 1,932 guests, and 272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30
M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by wayne33yrs
Originally Posted by BruceD
Is the "Mendelssohn themed recital" limited to pieces from the "Songs Without Words"?

Those are all the choices that are listed, so far.

Regards,

what's the consensus on this?

It looks like all the SWW are covered, so why not expand it a bit to his other works?

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I think it would be a shame if, despite everyone's efforts to deliver a complete set of 'songs without words' for the recital, this did not happen. And I can't help feeling that if we turned our attention to pieces outside the series this might distract us and make it less likely that we'd complete the series -though I've nothing against doing pieces outside the series per se.

And now for some practice .....soonish.

V
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by Valencia
My pieces are far from recordable. frown Guess I should have only taken on one piece not two. My hope is to be able to play as opposed to stumble through each. (So, not expecting to play them 'well' as that would be aiming too high given the time-line). One problem will be the red dot. it is one thing for me to play through without recording, but with the red dot, I will have to know the piece even better just to be able to play. I'm a bit concerned that I won't be able to pull it off.

Just keep at them Valencia, you will get there. smile As for the red dot, Have you tried recording a session, so like play a few of your favourite pieces, then try the one your wanting to record, I find that helps wink

Thanks wayne. smile Maybe I'll try some recording soon even if the pieces aren't put together yet. just to try to get used to it. i hope those who play well in this recital will be forgiving of those of us who just get through our pieces.

M
M
My pieces are far from recordable. frown Guess I should have only taken on one piece not two. My hope is to be able to play as opposed to stumble through each. (So, not expecting to play them 'well' as that would be aiming too high given the time-line). One problem will be the red dot. it is one thing for me to play through without recording, but with the red dot, I will have to know the piece even better just to be able to play. I'm a bit concerned that I won't be able to pull it off.

Just keep at them Valencia, you will get there. smile As for the red dot, Have you tried recording a session, so like play a few of your favourite pieces, then try the one your wanting to record, I find that helps wink

Thanks wayne. smile Maybe I'll try some recording soon even if the pieces aren't put together yet. just to try to get used to it. i hope those who play well in this recital will be forgiving of those of us who just get through our pieces.

Recording as you go is helpful for getting used to doing it, but it also can be good to help evaluate your playing and make adjustments. You may be doing things that you might not even realize until you hear yourself. Just be forgiving and even in the recording process don't be afraid to stop and fix something. Even the pros piece together an entire piece measure by measure, taken the best take out of 8 or so. I don't recommend this, of course, but knowing that somehow makes it feel OK if you can't play through the entire piece without a mistake.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Recording isn't so bad..it's listening to the recording that is so hard. frown Self critique is sure tough on the confidence. BUT a good suggestion to record over and over as we develop a piece to make it more objective.

[[Linked Image].
Wise as in learner
Buff as in Colorado Buffalo
Don`tcha just LOVE recording? You set off, going ok so far . .. half way through, yer hopes rise . . .three quarters through . . . hey, I`m gonna make it - concentration goes, brain crashes . . .$*#^£"@'#?!!!!!

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
P
P
Originally Posted by peterws
Don`tcha just LOVE recording? You set off, going ok so far . .. half way through, yer hopes rise . . .three quarters through . . . hey, I`m gonna make it - concentration goes, brain crashes . . .$*#^£"@'#?!!!!!

Exactly!!! laugh

Btw. Wayne, I think you should be sharp on us soon and declare offical date for the recital. Without deadline I am not able to take it serious. I am still not able to "play" (push correct keys in correct order) the whole piece so be sharp only lightly and give some fair date, please smile In the middle between ABF recitals?

G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Pavel.K

Btw. Wayne, I think you should be sharp on us soon and declare offical date for the recital. Without deadline I am not able to take it serious.

I'm of a similar feeling and also getting more excited/anxious now with the February recital post posted.

Of course, happy to await and follow your lead, Wayne. But, a date to target would be terrific. Whenever it is, I'll be working on my piece to the deadline, be it in March or October.

Just a suggestion but ... how about something like a two week posting window (March 15-31) and recital opens April fools day smile .
Originally Posted by Pavel.K

I am still not able to "play" (push correct keys in correct order) the whole piece ...

Reminds me of this quote, Pavel ...

“There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.”
― Johann Sebastian Bach

I'll do op38 no 5 - though I may not be able to get it up to full speed!

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Morning all, I was thinking Sunday April 21st. Is that ok with everyone? smile

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Cheers Dipsey wink

P
P

Sunday April 21st is ok for me....hoping so smile

W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
April 21st sounds much better than March 15 IMHO. Yes...I hate to admit it but I need deadlines too. Funny...I dreamt about this piece last night. I was playing it all wrong but everyone loved it. Don't you love dreams?

[[Linked Image].
Wise as in learner
Buff as in Colorado Buffalo
D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D

ok here

6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member

That's fine with me. I also must have a deadline in order to force myself to finish up...

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
Blimey, I thought it had to be in at end o` Feb . .gives me time to fiddle wi my vid . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
G

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by WiseBuff
Funny...I dreamt about this piece last night. I was playing it all wrong but everyone loved it. Don't you love dreams?

Mine was more like a nightmare ... I thought I was terrific, but everyone booed ... blush

Fabulous ... thumb

Last edited by Greener; 02/23/13 11:29 AM.
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Looks like April 21st it is then wink

Just op.53/3 and 62/2 covered outside PW, but you never know, we might get them covered here smile

F

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member
F
K, I will start practicing now.

M
M
I wake up with these songs going through my mind. In fact, throughout the day I have pretty much one of the 3 going in my head.

I'll be going to Italy from March 9-19 and there will pretty much be no practicing during this time, so I'm hoping to at least get one of my pieces recorded and get the other two in passable condition by the time I leave. Most likely I'll have 53/1 done so then when I return I can just polish up the 38/3 and 85/3. I think this is all doable by April 21, but most likely I'll set a deadline earlier for myself to record and just wait until the 21st to upload everything.

The danger for me is I get easily distracted and if learning a piece drags out too long I just stop playing it and move on. smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission