2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (Barly, 1957, btcomm, brennbaer, Animisha, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, 13 invisible), 1,912 guests, and 351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I saw your guitars, cool, but I would not want to have them hanging around my neck for more than a set.

The trend in all things is smaller and more efficient, pianos included I hope.

Even though things don't evolve as fast in the piano manufacturing business as in others, the next better piano will be lighter, more stable and reliable. I don't see where granite would contribute to this goal.

Keep on rocking man!!!

Sincerely , all the best.

Last edited by accordeur; 09/26/12 09:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Jean Poulin

Musician, Tuner and Technician

www.actionpiano.ca
R
OP Offline
R
Marty, you have no case, you speak from a wood perspective which has no relation to using granite as a bridge, the properties of these materials are of the opposite to each other. you would know this if you understood the concept before being rude yourself. don't expect me to argue with you when you no different than the sensitive types in here in agree with your lack of information just because you have experience.. read below..

I Never argue with stupid people, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience...Mark Twain

Robert B. Di Santo
StoneTone®
Music of the earth®
R
OP Offline
R
All 23 prototypes weigh less than the stock weight, another thing you assumed? right? did you ask me? no again, so your sarcasm warrants a similar response but I know better.

The guitars speak faster than any other and so on.. this will take time to implement because folks aren't aware how this Stonetone® concept fits.

I will converse with you folks but won't take your sarcasm or quick judgments when you base your opinions on pure assumptions especially since you haven't played one or have knowledge of the attributes using granite as a transducer within any stringed instrument.

Thank you Jean.

Robert B. Di Santo
StoneTone®
Music of the earth®
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks Robert,

Just tone down how you approach enquiries by us techs here, and we will stay interested and open minded.

Here is a joke for you, tongue in cheek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKSkBsnfkFA

All the best.

Jean Poulin

www.actionpiano.ca
D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
Robert your ego is amazing. Your sounding more and more like a cheap date that can't handle a compliment. You may have stumbled over something interesting; letting that go to your head spells disaster for both you and the product your associated with.

If there is anything of interest here, it's the stone bridge not you.

Last edited by Dave B; 09/26/12 10:01 PM.

"Imagine it in all its primatic colorings, its counterpart in our souls - our souls that are great pianos whose strings, of honey and of steel, the divisions of the rainbow set twanging, loosing on the air great novels of adventure!" - William Carlos Williams
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Dave B
If there is anything of interest here, it's the stone bridge not you.

+1

Jean Poulin

www.actionpiano.ca
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
here's another subject/post..that ends up with a glove slap,and pistols at dawn (sigh) frown

R
OP Offline
R
Thank you for showing interest in my invention.

Robert B. Di Santo
StoneTone®
Music of the earth®

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
I have not commented on your product. Wood carrying vibrations is a transmitter, not a transducer. Your usage is incorrect. You are rude, insulting, and beligerent. That, you have proved beyond a doubt.

I have not heard the term "Smarty Marty" since I was in early grade school. Your need to resort to using it indicates your level of social development.

Have a lovely life as you do your best to promote your product in such a fine and skilled manner.

Marty in Minnesota

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Minnesota Marty
Wood carrying vibrations is a transmitter, not a transducer.

And not only wood. That definition of transmitter holds for any other material, including granite.

Originally Posted by Minnesota Marty
Your usage is incorrect.

+1.

It's the soundboard that's the transducer. The strung side is fed with mechanical vibrational energy (input), and both sides radiate airborne vibrational energy (output).

If the bridge, in itself, is indeed a transducer, Robert should be able to tell us
... the input energy form of the bridge and
... the output energy form of the bridge.

Autodidact interested in piano technology.
1970 44" Ibach, daily music maker.
1977 "Ortega" 8' + 8' harpsichord (Rainer Schütze, Heidelberg)
R
OP Offline
R
Marty, Mark etc, have no findings or test results of granite being used for a piano bridge because there is no patents ever mentioned having any details in the abstract of a patent.

Seems that the disrespect started with your continual slams.. and yet you keep coming back for more, how dumb are you? relaxe and try to digest what is the NEW technology to understand, like it or not, it is real.

Some folks who feel they have to slam another to make themselves feel better. Transducers folks have several meanings depending on the application in my invention it has a couple of terms based on the instrument.

Bob newbie I am new to this forum but sounds like your familiar of the rhetoric from certain people who enjoy being crass and opinionated before seaching the facts first.

These few people are the minority and lacking at that. The validity of this invention is fact no matter what the sensitive types think.

This topic was moving fine until MarkR started his crass disrespectful attitude than be a PROFESSIONAL. read below and from that point on the rhetoric never stopped since I posted comments from 2 professional pianist Kary who played the piano @ 444htz along with Dr. Richard Bosworth had comments. so don't come in here with your insults or muffled garble. It is senceless and a waste of everyones time to read your opinionated untruths.

MARK R so called professional response to my previous post of Kary and Richard. You contradict yourself by saying in all due respect then you end with downright gobbledygook. Your a joke Mark.

What I find really strange in this thread, and with all due respect, very detrimental to a discussion of the technical merits of the granite bridge, is an apparently random mixture of
... science (e.g. transducer principles, partial envelope),
... pseudo-science (utilizing "stored energy of atoms in a crystalline matrix" for a faster response),
... new-age mysticism (chakras and healing frequencies being felt at cellular level) and
... downright gobbledygook.

Robert B. Di Santo
StoneTone®
Music of the earth®
R
OP Offline
R
Any more questions of the invention or how and why it works? talk to one of your own & email (www.richardbosworth.org) and see how he responds to your crass untruths. manufacturers don't listen to the techs, they listen to the performer when ultimately there opinion is the one that sells pianos not the other way around. I am continuing my work on the 9' 1965 SD Baldwin concert grand today.. Have a great day.

Robert B. Di Santo
StoneTone®
Music of the earth®
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Quod erat demonstrandum, yet again.

Rather than explaining how a bridge could be called a transducer, you revert to more insults.

Autodidact interested in piano technology.
1970 44" Ibach, daily music maker.
1977 "Ortega" 8' + 8' harpsichord (Rainer Schütze, Heidelberg)
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Robert Di Santo
Any more questions of the invention or how and why it works? talk to one of your own & email (www.richardbosworth.org) and see how he responds to your crass untruths. manufacturers don't listen to the techs, they listen to the performer when ultimately there opinion is the one that sells pianos not the other way around. I am continuing my work on the 9' 1965 SD Baldwin concert grand today.. Have a great day.

Robert, don't underestimate the influence of techs on potential customers. We are the people who regularly visit, tune and work on these instruments and we often discuss pianos and their performance envelope with them. Many non-techs come to this forum to munch popcorn and read up on our musings also. Take a look at some novel changes of pianos over the years and you will undoubtedly find technician testimonials beside them in the advertising/promotions.

If I buy a car, the first thing I do is go to mechanics forums and read up what they have to say about them, very few people are in a better position to criticise a product from a technical/professional perspective than the ones who work, rebuild or service them. At this somewhat early stage of this new bridge, I would think you would embrace input or constructive criticism to possibly get the final polish/shine on the product.

Piano Technician
George Brown College /85
Niagara Region
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
Let it be noted, Robert, that you decided to post about your new invention in a forum for piano technicians, who as a whole are certain vastly more knowledgeable about the piano and how it works than Richard Bosworth or Thomas Zoells (who I know personally - he's a great guy and runs a fantastic organization in Pianoforte, but he's simply not going to be able to answer detailed technical questions authoritatively).

I had a feeling you wouldn't be able to take any constructive criticism, or any suggestions to tone down your responses. It's a shame. Your negativity certainly isn't hurting any of us, and if anything is only dissuading others from taking you and your product seriously.

Adam Schulte-Bukowinski, RPT
Piano Technician, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
ASB Piano Service
R
OP Offline
R
It's not what you say, it is how you say it.
I've seen a number of comments on this forum that are of a catty nature.

Last edited by Robert Di Santo; 09/27/12 11:49 AM.

Robert B. Di Santo
StoneTone®
Music of the earth®
B
BDB Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Robert Di Santo
It's not what you say, it is how you say it.
I've seen a number of comments on this forum that are of a caddy nature.

Nobody is carrying your golf bags. Nor your tea.

Semipro Tech

7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Gentleman, there is a very simple device which could be used for Mr. Di Santo to come to understanding.

It's called a mirror. He should purchase one and take a long, hard look.

Marty in Minnesota

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.
R
OP Offline
R
Minnesota mouth is @ it again...jeeez with this guy.. Don't you get it? your like a mosquito, Wheres the fly swatter? LOL
If your going to post in this forum act your age not your shoe size.

Robert B. Di Santo
StoneTone®
Music of the earth®
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Better look in the mirror he suggested you get. You are digging your own hole.

Jean Poulin

www.actionpiano.ca
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission