Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#1987032 - 11/15/12 10:50 AM Re: Faber and Faber Piano Adventures all levels [Re: PianoStudent88]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
Okay on Midnight Ride. Forgot I played the heck outta these songs (probably be whipping by this one too.) My whole family is groaning at me replaying these tunes.. hehe

Luckily the technique book is slowing me down (another version of midnight ride.) I'll be working on that for a while. I really want to get the dynamics just right and get the tempo up before I move on. Right now just focusing on two bars at a time and getting notes, changes and timing nice and smooth.

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1987413 - 11/16/12 10:54 AM Re: Faber and Faber Piano Adventures all levels [Re: BeccaBb]
warlock214 Offline

Loc: Tennessee
I actually had to count 1-2-3 thru each measure in order to play Midnight Ride correctly.

Edited by warlock214 (11/16/12 10:55 AM)

Casio Privia PX-150
Started Playing: November 2012
Completed Unit 6, Faber's Adult Piano Adventures Book 1

#1989859 - 11/22/12 05:00 PM Re: Faber and Faber Piano Adventures all levels [Re: PianoStudent88]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

LOL I always count like that! If I don't then I start going really uneven immediately. Good for you for getting through it!

I'm on camptown races (a favorite) in the lesson book and and in the technique book on the Perilous Midnight Ride. I have it up to speed now. Just making sure when I don't use the metronome I stay even (some parts I seem to go off kilter still) so I'll probably be on that one a few more days.

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1992022 - 11/28/12 04:02 PM Re: Faber and Faber Piano Adventures all levels [Re: PianoStudent88]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Well since my goal of getting my basics back up to snuff has been met, I decided to jump back to where I was in the book. I'm now working on page 52 Race car rally. It has some tricky timing in it (for me at least) so I anticipate being here for awhile. Feels good to be back on track with the right skills again! Weeee smile

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1997317 - 12/10/12 10:11 AM Re: Faber and Faber Piano Adventures all levels [Re: PianoStudent88]
Wish4 Thing Offline

Loc: TX, USA
I'm still progressing, though very slowly....

on "Beach Party" now, found a recording on youtube, but curious whether your teacher agreed for you to play the piece at such a fast speed? I thought it marked as "moderately"?

Thanks!

Unit 11 of Faber's Accelerated Lesson Book 2

Collections from Piano World for Adult Beginners

#1998308 - 12/12/12 11:25 AM Re: Faber and Faber Piano Adventures all levels [Re: PianoStudent88]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Hiya Wish!

I don't have a teacher and I'm not in the same book. However I have all the books. In the artistry and technique book, on page 53, is the exercise that matches Beach Party. The marking is moderato which is around 108-120bpm.

I would aim for somewhere in there. smile

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1998587 - 12/12/12 09:09 PM Re: Faber and Faber Piano Adventures all levels [Re: BeccaBb]
Wish4 Thing Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Thanks, Becca!

I personally think 120bpm sounds better... on the other hand, my fingers just can't move as fast as the player on the youtube video, wondering if that's something I should spend more time to work on...

congratulations on your first online lesson:) can't wait to listen/watch your progress in your recordings:) Enjoy!

Unit 11 of Faber's Accelerated Lesson Book 2

Collections from Piano World for Adult Beginners

#1998708 - 12/13/12 12:47 AM Re: Faber and Faber Piano Adventures all levels [Re: PianoStudent88]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Thanks Wish! Maybe I'll post a polished piece at the end of my lessons. wink

I'm not sure about how much to speed up a work half the time. I try to do my best to get it up to speed but some of it I just pass. I think that video is a wee bit quick but who knows? LOL maybe I should ask my teacher! haha

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#2093576 - 06/01/13 07:38 PM Re: Faber and Faber Piano Adventures all levels [Re: PianoStudent88]
springtime Offline

Loc: Florida
Hi! I wanted to say hello. I have been reading this forum but have never posted. I am an older adult that is getting back to lessons finally. I took some for a few years as a child (seems like a common story) I was able to bring my mothers piano to my house (she was using it as furniture frown ) and start lessons again yippie. I am using the Faber Adult lesson book with my teacher. Nice to be here! Great information!

1/2 thru Adult Piano Adventures 1
Started lessons 9/26/12

#2093581 - 06/01/13 07:47 PM Re: Faber and Faber Piano Adventures all levels [Re: PianoStudent88]
ElleC Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Welcome springtime! Glad you came out of lurking. I'm sure your piano has been dying to get that much needed attention. Perhaps we can hear you play at the piano bar soon?

#2093745 - 06/02/13 03:00 AM Re: Faber and Faber Piano Adventures all levels [Re: PianoStudent88]
Bobpickle Offline

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014

Loc: Cameron Park, California
Welcome springtime. Enjoy your piano and time with it!

#2094069 - 06/02/13 07:01 PM Re: Faber and Faber Piano Adventures all levels [Re: PianoStudent88]
springtime Offline

Loc: Florida
Thanks for the welcome. What is the Piano Bar? Perhaps I don't want to know, I may have to post a video of me playing? Not anytime soon. You'll be glad.

1/2 thru Adult Piano Adventures 1
Started lessons 9/26/12

#2094096 - 06/02/13 08:17 PM Re: Faber and Faber Piano Adventures all levels [Re: PianoStudent88]
earlofmar Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Welcome springtime, I can remember when my mother bought a piano as a piece of furniture for no one in the house ever played it.

The Piano Bar (a monthly thread on the adult beginners forum) is just a nice place to share your playing with others, whether it be a set of scales or a simple single handed melody your happy with. We are all beginners and recognise the difficulty and the achievements of fellow beginners. So I hope to hear something from you in the not too distant future.

#2270685 - 05/03/14 07:26 PM Re: Faber and Faber Piano Adventures all levels [Re: earlofmar]
BrianDX Offline

Loc: Lewes DE
Just found this thread.

In a nutshell: About 25 years ago I took lessons for about 2 years, and we used the Alfred's books. Stopped after two years; teacher moved away, I was not progressing, raising my children was taking up all of my non-work time.

Fast forward to August of last year. Re-started my lessons with a fantastic teacher in Rehoboth Beach Delaware. She uses the Faber Accelerated Adventures for the Older Beginner. These books are fantastic! In my case, these books teach the basics the way I need to learn. After eight months I'm already in the middle of level 2.

Everyone learns differently, but for me, the Faber books get my highest recommendation.

Current Goal: "Teach my fingers to play what I feel"
Groucho Marx: "Now we're getting somewhere"

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
LAST CALL - Piano Newsletter Ideas!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
95 registered (a-z0-9, angga888, AndrewJCW, 28 invisible), 1273 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75498 Members
42 Forums
156114 Topics
2292531 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Franz Liszt - Un Sospiro
by sislermi
16 minutes 5 seconds ago
Need advice on buying a Yamaha Disklavier
by Lady
Today at 01:17 AM
Surge protection?
by TX-Bluebonnet
Today at 12:01 AM
Opening up an old Piano
by musicNow
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Unusual Big Key Depth Yamaha Motif Xs7
by Ivan Jochner
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission