Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 221 of 239 < 1 2 ... 219 220 221 222 223 ... 238 239 >
Topic Options
#2031914 - 02/12/13 03:09 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
ooh do be carefull old chap.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2031984 - 02/12/13 04:49 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
piRround Offline

Loc: Yarmouth, Maine
LOL, Wayne!

I just wanted to chime in here for the first time in months. I've been really enjoying this thread. I've learned a lot about different music and only wish I had something to contribute. I just posted stuff I liked from YT and soon ran out of my favorites. But I check this thread almost every day and have admired the camaraderie within. I'm a mostly self taught, play by ear pianist, thus I know little to nothing about classical so I never had anything to share that way. I learned a lot from Griffin's offerings and Rupak's, among others. So just because it seems I dropped off the face of the earth, it's only because I feel I wasn't contributing anything worthwhile. It's certainly nothing personal.

#2032072 - 02/12/13 07:40 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Wayne looks like he is suffering from PMT and PMS, actually it is a combination of both called PMTS

which stands for Pre- Meditated - Thread - Shutdown.

I think we can all relax now, he didnt do it after all, my guess is he had second thoughts.

I wish I had second thoughts sometimes, I would avoid lots of trouble if I just thought twice.

\unless, the first time I thought " oh sorry to have inadvertantly annoyed you old bean"

and then the second thought was " right i will kill you now"
instead of apologising say.

the the second thought would be worse, wonder if there is a name for that, like "ridiculous second thought syndrome?"

Edited by Rostosky (02/12/13 07:43 PM)

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#2032192 - 02/13/13 12:05 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Griffin, Richard, thanks so much for all of the Sundays of classical music postings! It has been most educational, enjoyable, and appreciated. I know that it took a lot of time, and I want you to know it is appreciated. But piano time is first and foremost, so have at it!

Piround, don't feel bad. I check to see what's going on from my iphone, mostly, when I'm on the go. I don't usually have time to post and stuff until the middle of the week.

I survived another Mardi Gras! yaaay me

My mom sent me this one, today. She said I had to listen because the song is pretty and so are the fish. I really liked it! I hope you all enjoy it too.

It's "Please Don't Go" by Barcelona.

#2032202 - 02/13/13 12:24 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

While googling the band Barcelona, I stumbled on another band named Barcelona. This Barcelona has some rather entertaining computer-themed songs. And one of the vocalists is a chick!

Here's "I Have the Password to Your Shell Account."

And here is "C-64" about the Commodore 64. I had one of those!

#2032331 - 02/13/13 08:27 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
You have contributed by posting piRround, no worries smile

Rossy, I was joking about the thread in PC wink AimeeO, I'll watch your posts a bit later smile

Laters folks, I've work to do smile

#2032379 - 02/13/13 10:01 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Aimee, I liked those songs, I didn’t know there was a rock band called Barcelona. Btw, here the Commodore 64 was also a popular computer when I was a teen. It had very good videogames!

My website

#2032394 - 02/13/13 10:22 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Here’s a video that offers an interesting introduction to the fortepiano. I especially liked the sustain mechanism of this instrument, it seems intuitive.

My website

#2032415 - 02/13/13 11:09 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ireland (ex England)
Sandy, how lovely to see you. smile

Aimee, your energy and posting power has sustained this thread greatly in recent weeks.

This thread's not dying out. Griff and I simply felt we were being over dominant and that it was eating into our own time. If we started posting stuff like this ...

...midweek it might start to feel like a monopoly, that's all.

Wayne, my Op. 62/3 I've been working on, id est, off and on, since last October. I'm confident that it's shaping up nicely. The Op. 62/1 is a more recent acquisition and is under a little more time constraint. My ABRSM edition has it at 58 bpm and there's no way I'd attempt that without six months or so of festering gestation so it should be about as expressive as, and very similar in tempo to, the nocturne I've done in the upcoming recital #29.

I might have preferred the piece a little faster but I think Barenboim might have been on amphetamines when he did his.

#2032486 - 02/13/13 01:48 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I am glad you said that Richard because I feel the same about opus 38 no.2 , I know barenboim is meant to be great and everything, but he plays that one so fast I feel nearly everything is lost from it.

It is called after all "lost happiness" barenboim in my opinion plays it as though it is called "extremely blurry view from a high speed train window"

I do not like his speed on this one at all, it doesnt do it justice or sit right.

#2032519 - 02/13/13 02:55 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I've given them a listen and agree with you both smile I'd play them both slower wink

Edited by wayne33yrs (02/14/13 06:08 AM)
Edit Reason: to edit my edit reason ;)

#2032931 - 02/14/13 10:17 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
If only all wedding receptions were this entertaining:

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#2033054 - 02/14/13 01:39 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

No sign of rogue DJ's in this one. smile

One of the most distinctive voices of the Mersey sound to offer a calming influence while we wait anxiously for another eight hours or so.

#2033124 - 02/14/13 04:10 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

who is "waiting anxiously" and why? i dont understand, is it something to do with the pope resigning?

Firstly ( before i get to the papal issue of the week) One should never ever wait anxiously for anything , especially not for eight hours.
such is the stuff of heart attacks and an early grave.
Waiting anxiously should be in the top three things to be avoided in life.

papal issue of the week, and here we do have a most interesting one, Popes do not resign, they either die of old age, or get assasinated ( sometimes poisoned by ladder climbing cardinals 0 but they do not resign.

Example, the last Pope, who nearly went on forever, he had shrunk and was stooped with age, all dried out and had to be carried everywhere, but resigning was not an option.

BUT, if we consider St.malachy and his papal predictions made hundreds of years ago, that the next pope (Peter the Roman) will be the last, then maybe this "resigning pope"

Is resigning to allow the apocalypse to happen a little sooner than anticipated...

http://www.bibleprobe.com/last10popes.htm

#2033133 - 02/14/13 04:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Rossy, you beat me to it, I'd prepared this to keep Richard busy for a bit!

#2033135 - 02/14/13 04:25 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

and for everyone else, this! I'd love a harp, but then again, I'd have even less time/a life, and post less frown

Edited by wayne33yrs (02/14/13 04:26 PM)

#2033140 - 02/14/13 04:31 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

thats magic wayne, and could be a usefull tool for any "anxious" folk out there in the future.

I get anxious quite often ( never for the full eight hours though) I get anxious when I am on my next to last ciggy,till someone goes to the shop for my next packet of baccy.

I used to get anxious before the dentist untill I stopped going entirely.

Once I got toilet anxiety because i was walking home late at night and needed a number two, and unfortunately it was a very busy main road i was walking down, and worse, everyones garden was well lit, so no release there.

#2033185 - 02/14/13 05:23 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

The anxiousness was not the typical uneasiness commonly associated the word but the second definition, that of eagerness, and it was directly referencing the upcoming ABF Recital that has caused some jitteriness in some corners of the forum.

I liked the harp, Wayne (I got to play one quite recently) but didn't have time for the three hour thingy. Sorry - had to give that a miss.

#2033192 - 02/14/13 05:32 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

thanks goodness Richard I thought you had started waiting for the white smoke to appear from vatican city!

my mistake is probably because i am having horsemeat withdrawels. I want to eat princess annes horse ( a particularly muscular beast to accommodate her not inconsiderable physique)

Does donkey count?

#2033198 - 02/14/13 05:46 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Donkeys are grazers too, Rossy, so they should be ok. Make sure you get a young one though, they can get very tough. Or you could pressure cook it as that tenderises meat somewhat - just a thought.

Oh, and do avoid the wonky ones ...

(Hate to double post but you might remember this)

#2033341 - 02/14/13 09:27 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

You know, I don't like Barenboim's rendition of 102 n 3, either. Actually none of his renditions of the Songs Without Words that I listened to did anything for me.. too fast and lacking in color.

My favorite You Tube recording of 102 3 was actually done by a little boy a few years back. I looked to see what he was doing now, hoping for some piano greatness, but all I found was that he competes in Rubik's Cube competitions. I didn't know anyone still cared about those things. Besides, those things are easy if you take the stickers off and put 'em where you want, so what's the point?

Here's some old Dead Milkmen:

Edited by AimeeO (02/14/13 09:28 PM)

#2033354 - 02/14/13 09:36 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

oh and some Cure. I wonder what Robert Smith looks like now? Will have to google it.

#2033854 - 02/15/13 05:27 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Brilliant AimeeO , oooh recaredo there was some excellent games for the old commodore 64, i remember formula one racing game that was good.

apocolyptic meteorite shower or what folks, looks like something heralding the end of days..
well immpressive!! Hope we get one, well not in wales, but maybe in sheffield.

#2033906 - 02/15/13 07:10 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

A near miss there Rossy, that Asteroid looked mean. I was slightly anxious at 7.30pm lol, what with the Pope resigning, then, the meteor shower in Russia, it was looking all very serious wink

Anyways, I'll probabily be editing my post tommorow morning, wondering what on Earth I'm going on about, laters folks, smile

And if you've not neard this yet, Enjoy smile

#2033928 - 02/15/13 07:51 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
timmyab Offline

Loc: Bristol, UK
I found this on youtube whilst checking out SwissMS's Yamaha Avant Grand N2 (drool).
If I could play as well as this guy I'd love to walk into a piano store and casually sit down and play this.Maybe even string out the beginner antics a bit longer at the beginning.

Edited by timmyab (02/15/13 08:33 PM)

#2034195 - 02/16/13 10:18 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Rossy, you can put away your ear plugs for now. I'm not in the mood for jazz right now. I haven't heard any Andean music in a long time, and to my delight I found this performance by Rumillajta.

Rumillajta - Sumaj Orcko

This is probably all that I'll have time for postings right now. As Wayne often says, I've got stuff to do! smile. I will be checking in later, however. Off I go!

Edited by griffin2417 (02/16/13 10:22 AM)

#2034388 - 02/16/13 05:49 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Almost missed my Saturday night post, (I've been a bit off today, I will never again drink a Kestrel Super-stregnth lager)

These take a bit of waiting to stream from my end, but worth the wait wink

#2034738 - 02/17/13 12:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Those videos look funny, Wayne, but I cannot see them; they are not allowed in my country, I don’t know why. Sometimes I wonder what kind of country I live in.

I posted Shostakovich’s piano quintet a short time ago, but last night I listened to this amazing performance and couldn’t resist. This version is so moving.

My website

#2035402 - 02/18/13 05:43 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Ahh, shame Recaredo, they are funny, these monitoring/control/filtering things are really starting to bug me wink

Anyway folks, I've been trying to get this Mendelssohn Recital sorted, and am just about there. There are just four left, that aren't covered by PW members,(although I've got them covered should no-one take them on, and got written permission from the performers to use them) but there's still time, and there's been a little interest now from PC, so fingers crossed wink

Hope everyone is well, wink probabily busy practising, laters folks smile

#2035980 - 02/19/13 04:40 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Hya Recaredo, Yes, we fully appreciate the absolute downer of "sorry this is unavailable in your country" like someone or some people are policing folk.

The internet is meant to be a vehicle of free communication and not censorship.

Its very annoying indeed, its actually a bit worse if you have clicked on a playlist on youtube, because you may have thought, "Right I will set that playlist going and do some work or relax and not have to bother keep getting up to put more music on for a while"

And then, right in the middle of the playlist, the music stops and you wonder what is up with your laptop/pc/sound system, and it turns out its nothing, just that one of the videos in the playlist is not allowed in your country, so you have to move it along manually...

Wayne, well done dude, seriously, mucho respecticus for your efforts in the mendelssohn recital department, and if you have interested anyone from PC, then even more well done!!

I guess i should start practicing at some point, before you all shout, its not been my fault, there was an ugly welsh "lady" in the way and also her cats attacked me and left me with injured fingers.....

Like everyone elses reciting, at the end of the day it will be what it will be, and there is no pressure except from oneself.....

well I am NOT going to pressurise myself to much, because it is unlikely the doctor will give me any more valium ( after the 1978- 1994 addiction incident) and also the world is prone to pressuring me enough on a 24/7 daily basis as it is.

I think its time someone presurised becca to do a post though?

Page 221 of 239 < 1 2 ... 219 220 221 222 223 ... 238 239 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
121 registered (anotherscott, AndrewJCW, albumblatter, 33 invisible), 1342 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76001 Members
42 Forums
157156 Topics
2308147 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Rusty strings- a silly question?
by PhilipInChina
08/30/14 08:59 AM
Yamaha "reconditioned in Japan"
by NanatoFour
08/30/14 08:44 AM
New start - wish me good luck:)
by FarmGirl
08/29/14 11:21 PM
Automatic Piano Players...
by tksler
08/29/14 10:33 PM
No one home?
by ScottM
08/29/14 08:05 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission