2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (brennbaer, Animisha, Barly, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,869 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 306 of 370 1 2 304 305 306 307 308 369 370

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Removed by editor

Last edited by griffin2417; 12/02/12 04:18 PM. Reason: Duplicate test file removed

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Removed by editor

Last edited by griffin2417; 12/02/12 04:18 PM. Reason: Duplicate test file removed

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Removed by editor

Last edited by griffin2417; 12/02/12 04:19 PM. Reason: Duplicate test file removed

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
You may now go to the top of this page to view the Erik Satie Themed Recital! Enjoy!

(I will be posting on other threads a bit later!) smile

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Special thanks to Griffin for all this hard work smile

R
R
I've just finished listening to all the performances once, it's an wonderful recital! Everyone poured all of their emotions into their playing! My heartiest congratulations and sincere thanks to Griffin, Dipsy, PianoStudent88, Peyton, AimeeO, Recaredo, LadyChen, dire tonic and Wayne for sharing their beautiful performances to make this recital a highly enjoyable and successful one!thumb

Also, lots of thanks to Griffin for taking his valuable time to arrange and post the recital!

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
What fun! Great job everyone! And how nice to hear all these pieces as a set. Can't wait until the next themed recital!

What a great recital! I really enjoyed listening to all the contributions.
It was lovely to read about each performers' personal 'journey' - the feelings, interpretations and challenges they faced. It made me think that we've all been going through a very similar process in our respective ways, and it gave me a little warm glow to think that we seem to have grown into a community - sharing, helping each other out, etc.
Oddly, I most enjoyed our mistakes (especially if it was the sort of mistake I make myself) - reminding me that none of us are experts - just doing the best we can. And because of that, I tell myself that we're all the more courageous for our willingness to show that we're not perfect.

But - enough sentimentality! Like wayne, I'd like to thank Griffin. I don't imagine it was easy to collate our submissions - and it took up valuable time of a busy person.

Last edited by Dipsy; 12/02/12 04:46 PM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I just wanted to say that taking part in this recital has been an honour to me, and an awesome experience.

Thank you so much Griffin, Dipsy, PianoStudent88, Peyton, Aimee, Rupak, Lady Chen, Dire Tonic and Wayne, for making possible this magical recital.

D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
Wonderful ! - and so uplifting to hear this set of pieces played with such conviction by everyone. I honestly had no idea that the recital event would be such a powerful incentive. It’s been a privilege to have been able to participate.

A big thanks to Wayne for keeping tabs on everyone and to Griffin for such seamless coordination and presentation.

I’ll be listening again tomorrow!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
First off : Griffin, thank you so much for putting this together whilst I was incredibly busy sorting out keeping warm for winter.

The woodburner is now up and running, and so now nobodys fingers are going to freeze while they practice or play, job done.

Allready the nights are totally clear and the resultant ground frosts are showing us we did this task just in the nick of time.

Now to everyone who performed their pieces and took part in this endeavour:

I think a massive "WELL DONE" and and even bigger "THANKS FOR ALL THE EFFORT AND TIME " is in order,

seriously folks ( as opposed to the "usual" "seriousness" here on RST) again, seriously,

Massive respect to all concerned.

Personally, I feel this is gathering momentum and I really hope it continues to grow and develops even further for a number of reasons.....

Not least is the community spirit , I believe we have all felt a part of something bigger than the sum of the parts, and I totally believe this has helped everyone concerned.

Its one thing to sit at home on the piano or keyboard by oneself and play for amusement or pleasure or advancement, and there is nothing wrong with that, indeed far from it, but to be a part of something as wonderfull as this and make a promise to a group of likeminded souls to do ones best at a
given piece for the enjoyment of all concerned is truly an uplifting experience and much is learnt along the journey that benefits all concerned in a positive and very friendly way.

I listened to everyones performance with every bit of my ears, and one thing I can say is that all performances did the performer concerned proud.

I would be happy to have everyone perform their particular piece in real life in front of a live audience and be billed as "adult beginners"

I honestly, and wearing my heart on my sleeve would say that the audience concerned would enter the concert expecting much less than you all gave, and would leave the concert arguing amongst themselves not about the quality of the performances but moreover what the word "beginner" could possibly mean.

I dont think any reasonably minded person would say that any of your performances are worthy of the use of the word "beginner" being attached to your renditions.

It did not escape my attention that this thread has now reached the dizzying heights of over THREE MILLION VIEWS, yes, I shouted it out..lol.

But not as I jokes elsewhere for self agrandisement, not for that reason.

I may have started and developed the thread, but its as much yours as mine or anybodys ( I am still in charge though its the only "law" lol)

The friendly, magical, humerous, helpfull and deeply moving human nature of this thread is all down to everyone who continues to contribute in such a wonderful and inspiring way.

Again, another MASSIVE well done folks, really, well done, now go on before I get teary eyed, off you all go and have a well earned drink or smoke or both or whatever you love doing to relax, youve earned it.

Thanks to each and everyone of you, ... I love you guys.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Thank you to everyone who participated, and I am very happy to have had a chance to participate. I listened to all of the pieces in a row, and it was very satisfying. I love love love Satie. I didn't hear one single mistake from anybody. I'm lusting after Peyton's grand piano. I loved seeing the visuals chosen by those who didn't choose to show themselves playing (Satie's original score?! How did you find that, Recaredo?); and I loved watching people play for those who did show their playing.

Thank you to Griffin for posting the recital, and to the organizers for organizing it (Wayne I know because he started the Themed Recital thread, but I don't know who else has been involved), and thank you to whoever had the original brainstorm for these recitals. I think Rostosky must have had a finger in it, since after all we are here on his Serious Thread.

Piano Career Academy - Ilinca Vartic teaches the Russian school of piano playing
Musical-U - guidance for increasing musicality
Theta Music Trainer - fun ear training games
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Piano Student: when I was learning my piece, was searching info of these works, and I found this website.

http://www.satie-archives.com/web/gnoss4.html

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Looks good guys. Gonna try and give them a listen today.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Thanks to everyone who participated in this recital. It was a tremendous experience for me to work with such a great group of folks on this. Everyone's performance was a gem! Dipsy, PianoStudent88, Peyton, Aimee, Rupak, Recaredo, Lady Chen, Dire Tonic, and Wayne made the magic happen with all of the hard work you did to prepare for the recital.

Richard, I still can't thank you enough for making sure the Sunday classical postings happened while I took a "leave of absence" to participate. Thanks again for posting some more yesterday when I had to help out with getting the postings done for the recital. I'm looking forward to our future joint efforts with those Sunday postings! smile

Dipsy, thanks for your persistence in encouraging me to participate. I must say I was impressed with your skillful approach. In my regular job I manage and work with volunteers and I would have loved to have you on my staff as a volunteer recruiter! You practically made it impossible for me to say no to participating in this recital. laugh

Wayne, it was great working you behind the scenes to help make this happen. I'm impressed with your dedication in making all of these themed recitals happen.

Rossy, I'm glad to have also given you some more time to get that wood burning stove installed. I also agree with your comments about the wonderful community we've all helped to create on this marvelous thread. It's the first place I come to when I check into what's happening at the PWF!

Now that this recital is done, I must return to work on my regular piano pieces I've been neglecting! wink.

Last edited by griffin2417; 12/03/12 09:05 AM.

Carl

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Griff, Dipsy and PS88, job well done! Very beautiful all of you. Thank you!

I'm going to listen to what I can this morning. Hopefully I will be able to listen to the rest this afternoon. smile

Becca
Began: 01-12-11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Peyton, AimeeO, Rupak, Recaredo, Lady Chen, dire tonic, and Wayne, just fabulous! You all did wonderful (and should be nicer to yourselves!)

A wonderful recital everyone! You all made it look easy and I know it's not! WELL DONE! BRAVO!!! EXCELLENTE!!!!!!!!!

Need I say more? wink

Becca
Began: 01-12-11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX
Becca - I'm really glad you enjoyed our pieces. It is such a shame that you couldn't take part this time - hopefully the Mendelssohn is something you could consider for next time. Personally the piece I've chosen will be the hardest thing I've attempted and don't know if I'll pull it off ( I chose it because it wasn't too fast, in a key which I can cope with and I loved it).

Griffin - it was a pleasure 'working' with you!

Wayne - you did a great job - keeping your eye on the ball at all times, and working behind the scenes.

In grey wales I am now imagining myself giving all of us a group hug!

R
R
Thanks a lot Becca for listening to the recital and appreciating our effort! We missed you so much in this recital! I hope you'll surely join us in the upcoming recitals.

Thanks so much once again to Griffin and Wayne for their really hard works as well as wonderful performances!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks to all smile and Congrats! Good Job folks! I've now started my Mendelssohn piece, and I love it wink

Page 306 of 370 1 2 304 305 306 307 308 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission