2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, ChickenBrother, 10 invisible), 2,074 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
P
Griffin, Dipsy, PianoStudent88, Peyton, AimeeO, Rupak, Recaredo, LadyChen, dire tonic, Wayne33yrs,
Thanks a lot for introducing this magic Satie's work to me. You all played it so sensitively.
Especially I was touched by Gnoissienne 3 (Rupak). It has deadly motif indeed smile

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rupak Bhattacharya

You're almost correct, sinophilia wink It's indeed a Privia PX-135 model, the "modern" mode is showing but it's hardly producing any sound laugh I use it as a midi-controller and use some good software piano to get a decent quality piano sound with nice resonances etc. smile In this case I used Galaxy Vienna grand.

Wow, then I was right, you make it sound really good! So can it still capture dynamics and touch when used like that? If I record mine as midi in GarageBand it sounds all flat.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks for listening, and thank you everybody for your positive feed back, much appreciated smile

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Everyone congratulations on pulling this off!

It's really interesting to hear how much difference there is between your interpretations. And how much difference there is again with how I would like to play them.

For me, Gnossienne 3 by Rupak was closest to how I would like to play it. And I like dire tonic's black and white video (some had already been experimenting with color photography since 1840 but it was pretty rare till 1900).

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Thanks for your feedback Wouter. I hope you might also consider joining the next Themed Recital being organized for next year. I know you could find this a very rewarding experience. I'm sure Wayne would love to hear from you.

If you haven't done so, check out the "Themed Recital --The Big One" thread. There are still lots of selections needing folks like you to perform them! smile.

Carl

This is fabulous, guys. I adore Satie. I'm always debating which is my favorite. Sometimes it's Gnosienne 5, sometimes 3, sometimes Gymno 1.... I love 'em all. It's great to see them all together in one place. Y'all did wonderful!

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Congratulations on a very successful "Themed Recital" everyone thumb

Although I'm serving on jury duty right now I've found a little time to listen to several of the performances so far and they're excellent!

As soon as I get free I'll listen to the rest and offer up some of my usual pithy comments...

Thanks for your efforts!

Trap

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
I've spent a very enjoyable hour listening to all these pieces.Consistently high standard of playing and nice vids.
I think video recitals are a great idea.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn

Although I'm serving on jury duty right now

Trap

Oh my gawd, someones going to get seventeen life sentences without hope of parole for stealing a loaf of bread to feed their seventeen adopted special needs starving children then.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Sinophilia, Carlos, Pavel, Wouter, Lizz Anne, Timmy and Trap: thanks for listening!

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
>Thanks for your feedback Wouter. I hope you might also consider joining the next Themed Recital being organized for next year. I know you could find this a very rewarding experience.

griffin, yes I saw that recital and yes it looks inviting. But I have no time left at this moment - working on 1 new one and keeping up 3 for a coming recital takes away all my time and after that there will be the christmas break. I'll see next year.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Bravo to all of the players. thumb wow I've just listened to every performance and found a new affinity for Mr. Satie that wasn't there before. Thanks so much to all of you for sharing the fruits of your labor.

Liebestraum 3, Liszt
Standchen-Schubert/Liszt arr
Sonata Pathetique-Adagio LVB
Estonia L190 #7284[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member
A
Hi! Thank you so much to everyone who has taken to them time to listen, and post your thoughts. I feel honored that I was a tiny smidgen of your day.

I would like to congratulate all of my co-performers on all of their beautiful interpretations! All of the work paid off!

AimeeO

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by griffin2417
I'm sure Wayne would love to hear from you.

If you haven't done so, check out the "Themed Recital --The Big One" thread. There are still lots of selections needing folks like you to perform them! smile.

You in on this one griffin?

Originally Posted by Rostosky

Although I'm serving on jury duty right now

Trap

Oh my gawd, someones going to get seventeen life sentences without hope of parole for stealing a loaf of bread to feed their seventeen adopted special needs starving children then.

This didn't go unoticed Rossy! Lol.........Lol smile

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wayne33yrs
Originally Posted by griffin2417
I'm sure Wayne would love to hear from you.

You in on this one griffin?

No thanks Wayne! My regular piano studies have taken a nosedive. Doing recitals with deadlines is not a good thing for me to do right now. I have some major pieces I'm working on with my teacher, and I have to remain focused on those for a while.

However, I'd be happy to post the recital if Rossy is too busy when the time comes. wink

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Finally got a chance to listen at length and in depth - here are some brief reviews:

Gymnopédie 1 - Griffin - melodic and delicate - sensitively performed - I don't see how you could improve this much at all - very artistically done Grif!

Gymnopédie 2 - Dipsy - reflective and wistful - very nicely accomplished - good choice of accompanying video - just a tad more polishing and you've nailed it...

Gymnopédie 3 - PianoStudent88 - warm, lovely and thoughtful piece very assuredly played - fine touch on the keyboard - enjoyed your performance measurably...

Trap

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Finally got a chance to listen at length and in depth - here are some brief reviews:

Gymnopédie 1 - Griffin - melodic and delicate - sensitively performed - I don't see how you could improve this much at all - very artistically done Grif!

Gymnopédie 2 - Dipsy - reflective and wistful - very nicely accomplished - good choice of accompanying video - just a tad more polishing and you've nailed it...

Gymnopédie 3 - PianoStudent88 - warm, lovely and thoughtful piece very assuredly played - fine touch on the keyboard - enjoyed your performance measurably...

Trap

Thanks for you thoughtful feedback TJ! I truly appreciate it. smile

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
More brief reviews:

Gnoissienne 1 - Peyton - mysterious indeed - if Satie's instructions had been "haunt your listeners" you have accomplished this to perfection - love the dark beauty of this piece with the clear, ringing melody line and the throbbing base - and your patient pacing is remarkable - a mesmerizing and masterful performance Peyton thumb thumb

Gnoissienne 2 - AimeeO - soft and sweet and thoughtful - very nice, gentle performance - so easy to listen to and get lost in - music for a twilight summer evening - well done.

Gnoissienne 3 - Rupak - everything I said about Peyton's performance of Gnoissienne 1 above applies equally well here - this piece could be a companion to that one (another movement in the same suite, as it were) - dark, brooding and mysterious - wonderful execution, especially the ever-so-slightly delayed pacing throughout, and the excellent highlighting of the melody line against the repeating and pulsating base - great touch and feel on the keyboard!

Trap

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
John, thanks much for listening and taking the time to comment!!

R
R
Thanks so much TJ for listening our recital and encouraging us by your kind comments! smile

Also, lots of thanks to Pavel, Wouter, LizAnne, Timmy and JimF for listening and appreciating our works!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission