2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
61 members (36251, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, 10 invisible), 1,460 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by BillM
Here is a piano vocal of the great Irving Berlin Christmas song. I have included the original intro which didn't make it to the well known Bing Crosby version. I realize I'm no Bing Crosby but I hope you enjoy my contribution to the Holiday Performances thread.

White Christmas

Bing who?? Wow, Bill...that was awesome! Loved it. smile

YouTube Channel
Scott Joplin Repertoire

Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
- Berthold Auerbach

[Linked Image]
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Happy to be able to post a Christmas performance (from Tonight -- Live). Outstanding vocalist.

Christmas Song
https://www.box.com/s/3ztd4ekfm7jqy988a6pu

Forgive the roughness. This was a straight one shot play with no rehearsal and as you can hear, quite live. I didn't get to do a solo (was cut off) but that's ok.

Pianoclues.com for Beginners
My Jazz Blog
Hamburg Steinway O, Nord Electro 4 HP

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
jazzwee - what an excellent vocal! Sounds like a cross between Johnny Mathis and Tony Bennett. The pianist is also quite good. Cool guitar solo.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
From last year's project files my layed-back, mellowed-out "fireside" version of a great Christmas classic:

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

May your Chrismases always be cheerful, bright and white and may your egg nog never be bland, dull & impotent...

Trap

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
jazzwee, that was a wonderful listen. A really talented singer, and the band was superb.

John, here's another fine version of the same song...this time without the singer. Great job playing this classic.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Bill and Dennis -- Thank You very much!

This singer was fabulous and I'm honored to get the chance to play with such a professional. You probably wouldn't mind another beautiful encore from him. These songs were unprepared and called on the spot so they're not clean. And I didn't even get to see the lead sheet(s) until 10 seconds before the count.

White Christmas
https://www.box.com/s/ei451h6iyqbtf2xad8dp

Last edited by jazzwee; 12/09/12 11:47 PM.

My Jazz Blog

Billm - White Christmas. Great sound. Love that intro. I don't even remember it from the movie

Andy Platt - Christmas Song. You had a lot of nice chords in here. As you say, kind of in between playing it straight up and fully improvising. Very nice

Ladypayne - What Child is this. Very reverent but with the Greensleeves era feel to it. I really liked the extra instrumentation.

Jazzwee - That cat can sing the phone book! W.C. was out of this world. The Christmas song was a beautiful listen once it got going. Really nice Christmas combo.

Trapper John - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas. This really did have the fireside ambiance. I could imagine the picture. You had just the right tempo and spacing for that effect. Sounded great.

The Melody Never Lies

Schimmel 120J

Learning To Play Jazz Piano After Age 50+
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
BenPiano-I just put the audio from last years Christmas recording into my ipod. Hope that's OK. I'm just really still enjoying how beautiful it was and wanted to listen to it on my way to work.

I'll figure it out eventually.
Until then you may want to keep a safe distance.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
jazzwee, your link does not take me to White Christmas, but rather to Windows. It's not bad, but White Christmas it ain't. Is it just me, or are others seeing that, too.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TX-Dennis
jazzwee, your link does not take me to White Christmas, but rather to Windows. It's not bad, but White Christmas it ain't. Is it just me, or are others seeing that, too.

Sorry about that. I just did an upload and I guess it replaced that link. Weird.

I changed the link above and here it is as well.

White Christmas
https://www.box.com/s/ei451h6iyqbtf2xad8dp

My Jazz Blog

C
C
I just recorded this song two days ago. I made up the arrangement and I hope you will all enjoy it. It's always been one of my favorite Christmas songs and this year, I play it for my family and friends and everyone on Piano World:

I'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7gbzCgiLFQ&list=UU2GgbTGVIzlXXnu2LlMWwNw&index=2

Please feel free to post comment here and on my youtube page. Thank you for watching and have a very merry Christmas and a very happy and healthy new year!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Candlelightpiano - I really liked your arrangement of this great tune. I prefer it at this slower tempo. Nice ending - a Merry Christmas to you, also.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
C
C
Thanks, BillM. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Your comments gives me confidence to play around with more arrangements. I'm a newbie at it. I wish you the very best for Christmas and the new year.

C
C
I'm just beginning to listen to all the pieces posted on this thread and will post comment on each.

Thanks, Mr Super Hunky for starting this thread. I'm enjoying it very much.

Greener, your Grown up Christmas list was tender and sweet. I liked it very much.

Last edited by candlelightpiano; 12/12/12 02:11 PM.
G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
G
Getting caught up sporadically and some really nice stuff (and ideas) out here.

Very nice arrangement on "I'll be Home for Christmas" Candlelight. Some really nice changes in this, a pretty sound and very competent job. Nicely done. Also, fun to learn about all your cats. Is all that snow from this year already? We've got zip in Toronto.

C
C
Thanks, Greener, for your kind comments on my performance and my other videos. We've been dumped upon with snowfall after snowfall. We just received another six inches today. You're lucky you've got zip in Toronto. I wouldn't mind a brown Christmas! It's also been a very cold winter so far here in Winnipeg but I guess they don't call us Winterpeg for nothing!

C
C
Kenjazz, I enjoyed all your Christmas numbers. They sound very professional. You don't sound like a beginner at all. I'm trying to learn some jazz piano too so I enjoyed reading your blog about starting jazz from scratch after age 50. Gives me hope!

G

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
G
Very effective nice sounding "What child is this" Ladypayne. It sounds really great. Nice job.

Nice playing TJ. I really like this tune. It is now added to my Christmas list of material to learn. Its very pretty and nicely presented.

The band is sounding great, Jazzwee. Wow, what a terrific front man. A really fantastic voice and polished sound.

Here is one more little Christmas mish/mash. This about completes my Christmas line up, but lots of great ideas now for next year. So, thanks again everyone.

Chistmas Time | O Tannenbaum

As promised (threatened?) here is my second and final Christmas tune.

O Tannenbaum

The blog post

O Tannenbaum blog post

The Melody Never Lies

Schimmel 120J

Originally Posted by Greener

Here is one more little Christmas mish/mash. This about completes my Christmas line up, but lots of great ideas now for next year. So, thanks again everyone.

Jeff, Great idea to do these as a medley! These two seem to make a lot of sense as a medley (they were both done by Vince Guaraldi too). You definitely pulled it off. It is hysterical that we both picked the same two songs for Christmas this year...

The Melody Never Lies

Schimmel 120J

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission