2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
43 members (Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, 10 invisible), 1,188 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Still more brief reviews:

Gnoissienne 4 - Recaredo - still more dark and somber atmosphere - not sure the video matches the feeling here (maybe scenes along a lonely river bank in rain at dusk?) - very astutely and sensitively played though - good effort Recaredo!

Gnoissienne 5 - LadyChen - finally a brighter and lighter piece - really nice execution of the tricky right hand patterns against the repeating base - this is a very assured performance and a good listen - delightful LadyChen!

Trap

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks Jim for your comments on this recital.

Trap, thank you for your feedback! smile.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Still yet even more brief reviews:

Gnoissienne 6 - dire tonic - appealingly done with a good deal of assurance and skill - after 5 previous Gnoissiennes it's hard to concentrate on or appreciate the merits of this piece above the others (which is unfair to you and Satie), but you did a fine job nevertheless...

Gnoissienne 7 - Wayne33yrs - yes, this one is unique, which could be either a good thing or a bad thing depending... the composition here seems to be a little more disorganized (or less structured) than the other Gnoissiennes which is probably not helpful - you said that the challenge was to make it sound "musical", which you did, although this seemingly wasn't an easy task - sorry that you didn't as you say "get your best performance" although this one was certainly good enough (all things considered). Nice, commendable effort.

Trap

P.S. Hope those of you who participated in this "Themed Recital" (and congratulations again for doing so!) but who have not previously submitted work to the quarterly ABF Recitals will consider doing so in the future - there is a lot of outstanding talent here that deserves to be heard on a much wider basis.

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
Thank you, Trap. You noticed in listening what bedevilled me in the performance. Not for nothing are those more familiar Satie pieces better-known. It was that haunting Satie mystique I tried without success to find in my piece. Frankly, it left me perplexed, lol! Still, it was a huge benefit to me in the doing of it. Thanks for listening and commenting. The invitation to the quarterlies is noted. Expect to have your patience tested with some R&B noodling in the not too distant.

Thanks to Cheryl also and everyone who posted their kind, appreciative comments. What makes this work so well is knowing we don’t do this in a vacuum.

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Despite being written by the same composers this is a disparate collection of work. It's performed by players of different levels of skill and experience on different instruments in different parts of the world.

And yet there's a unity in the ten pieces pervading the recital as a whole. And it's not Satie, that whimsical and ambiguous joker. It's something else. I don't know what it is. I couldn't even listen to all the pieces on the one day, at least not in their entirety, but had to spread it over so many days.

I know from PM's with some of you how much has gone into this and how much it means to have been involved and now it's done it hardly seems fitting for me to add anything. There's nothing I can say that would either add or detract from your collected experiences. It's been a success. You've all taken it seriously, worked conscientiously and delivered to the best of your abilities and none of you have let the side down.

I hope the effort is going to spur on those that don't already participate in the ABF recitals to venture forth again with sharing a little of your playing. I know from my one and so far only submission that it adds a focus and attention to your practice that's hard to find elsewhere and provides a delight in the listening, even to beginners performances, that has, frankly, perplexed me.

Well done, one and all. Superb job!

Richard
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
WOW! Thnx Trap! N Thnx Richard, too true!

A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member
A
Thanks so much, Trap and Richard! You are too kind!

This experience has encouraged me to do the ABF recitals. I've learned so much from the process, and the support is wonderful.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Just bringing this back to the top, so folks don't miss it smile I caught the shamelessness off Griffin lol smile

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wayne33yrs
Just bringing this back to the top, so folks don't miss it smile I caught the shamelessness off Griffin lol smile

I'm glad to have been a positive influence Wayne! wink

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
You certainly have Griffin wink

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Peyton:

Wow - I really enjoyed your performance of gnossienne 1, my favorite of the Satie works.

I particularly liked the sound of your piano. It has real character to it! What year and model is it?

Thanks and great job!

Addendum: I went and looked up Peyton's profile and he shows Pramberger PG185 as his piano.

Last edited by AZ_Astro; 07/08/13 03:34 AM.

Kawai KG-5. Korg SP-250. Software pianos: Garritan CFX, Ivory II, Ivory Am D, Ravenscroft, Galaxy Vintage D, Alicia's Keys, et al.
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission