Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 208 of 243 < 1 2 ... 206 207 208 209 210 ... 242 243 >
Topic Options
#2001502 - 12/19/12 01:29 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Densi826 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom But its not rea...

Maybe Dylan would have made better music if he had not gone electric.

The boos what a reaction.

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2001585 - 12/19/12 07:01 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ireland (ex England)
Maybe The Beatles would have made better music if they'd continued wearing themselves out touring instead of letting the creative juices flow in the recording studio, furthering studio technology and changing the way music was produced while developing Revolver and Sgt. Pepper.

Maybe we'd have developed better technology if we hadn't spent all that money going to the moon.

Maybe Dylan was inspired by all the bigots booing.

And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country
Luke 4:24.

#2001602 - 12/19/12 08:31 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Densi826 Offline

I like Dylan's response here.

Just a different time I think I cant see The Rite of Spring causing a riot today but I suppose it might depending on where it was performed. I can understand why people where upset and I also think it is a legitimate thought which is not bigoted for example If Dylan had of focused on his acoustic techniques instead of going electric who knows what he would of come up with.

#2001695 - 12/19/12 12:41 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: zrtf90]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Originally Posted By: zrtf90
Maybe The Beatles would have made better music if they'd continued wearing themselves out touring instead of letting the creative juices flow in the recording studio, furthering studio technology and changing the way music was produced while developing Revolver and Sgt. Pepper.

Maybe we'd have developed better technology if we hadn't spent all that money going to the moon.

Maybe Dylan was inspired by all the bigots booing.

And maybe if Richard had noticed this was only your third post densi , then he may have been kinder than he was.

Dont panic though !! Dylan never actually claimed to be a musician, just a poet.

As to the electricification , it was all the old folk types with their beards and elbow patches demanding that everyone who does folk has to be acoustic or its not "proper"

Dylan was an a r s e, after what he did to joan beaz he deserved to be booed on that particular tour of the UK.

Edited by Rostosky (12/19/12 12:42 PM)

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#2001702 - 12/19/12 12:52 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

which reminds me....

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#2001731 - 12/19/12 02:01 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
And maybe if Richard had noticed this was only your third post densi , then he may have been kinder than he was.
Oops!

Unkindness was intended for the stuck-in-the-mud, bigoted, folk types who booed at the concert, not at densi!

#2001732 - 12/19/12 02:03 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Densi826 Offline

"And maybe if Richard had noticed this was only your third post densi , then he may have been kinder than he was"

There is always one smile

#2001737 - 12/19/12 02:14 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Densi826]
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Florida
Densi, Richard is a nice, intelligent chap, and he will eventually grow on you, so pay no mind... laugh (and he did explain...)
I always liked " Mr. Tambourine Man", and hey, anybody who can play guitar, harmonica AND sing is A-OK in my book!

By the way, Richard, " and the Beetles would have made BETTER music..."
Now, I believe I know what you meant, but that's a fairly gutsy statement. I like their earlier music FAR more, but geez....
wink

Edited by piano joy (12/19/12 02:17 PM)

#2001745 - 12/19/12 02:31 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

How nice of you, piano joy, to point out that I'll grow on people...

eventually! laugh

I think densi and I cross posted so he may not have seen the explanation, but hey, densi, welcome to the thread! smile

Also, I believe '62-65 was close to perfection, spontaneous, and alive. But just so that we're clear here, what they wrote later might have better than it turned out to be as opposed to better than '62-65.

#2001798 - 12/19/12 04:25 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Mushrooms grow on people as well, for instance, ages ago I couldnt be bothered to change my socks. They were really good socks, long, black and warm.

I hated looking for them in the mornings when I could hardly see properly ( I say "mornings" but what I obviously mean is dinnertime onwards, as it is not gentlemanly to get up before noon) Anyways, to cut a short story up into bits to make it a longer one by re-arranging the bits and stuff, I decided to keep my socks on at all times day and night.

Remember the "mushrooms grow on people too" bit?

How was I to know what was hapening under the socks, I dont have x ray vision.

Mushroom growing kits in boxes from B&Q dont do very much , even though they were on special offer and Dipsey purchased one.

She followed all of the instructions carefully:

Two months later and once again there are no fruits of the sporadic nature growing in that damn box.

My dad is going to have a crap christmas, as well as dietery obeseities (diebeties for short) a knackered knee he now has shingles.

That means he cannot go anywhere were folks know him for christmas ., as every one who does will not go near him, I can assure you , no one in their right mind wants shingles for christmas, excepting of course Kate middleton.

kate wants my dads shingles so she can go back into the same comfy NHS hospital that gave a flying F*** about her morning sickness.

This is an attempt by kate to get more public sympathy for not being able to keep the British stiff upper lip in the face of a severe physical malady,
like having legs blown off in the trenches for example.

I told my dad to keep the shingles for himself and not to give them kate through casual sexual contact.

I hope he listens to me for once, just for once dad would be nice.

#2001814 - 12/19/12 05:20 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Rossy, I was going to quiety lurk here before dashing home to make dinner. However, your post just ruined my appetite, and I had to log in! I am certain there will NOT be any mushrooms on the menu tonight laugh

Sorry, I've no time to post anything else today. Too much to get done at work and at home.

Richard, I'm working on the my Sunday classical postings. I'll PM you on Thursday.

Later everyone!

Edited by griffin2417 (12/19/12 05:24 PM)

#2001816 - 12/19/12 05:33 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Welcome to the RST Densi! Regardless of what Piano Joy tells you, I'll grown on people too, even though I still like to occasionally listen to Kool and the Gang! laugh

#2001833 - 12/19/12 05:58 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: zrtf90]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
Originally Posted By: zrtf90

Originally Posted By: wayne33yrs
...Florence against the machine.
Typo? Or cryptic comment?

After 12am? a bit of both smile

#2001860 - 12/19/12 06:59 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Hya griffin!! sorry about your food not having mycelia present.

It is just so depressing , I mean the packet says "sprinkle in mushroom spores" (into the box of stuff they give you) and then "voila" just "two weeks later" you have tasty fresh mushrooms to pick and eat.

I had even nominated my part of the first showing for a bacon egg AND mushroom sarnie.

Two months later and no "voila mushrooms yeeeha " moment has happened.

ALL that has happened is a daily dissapointment in the alleged mycelia box.

It is very very sad indeed and I heartly recomend everyone to not buy b and q's no mushrooms at all in a box product.

It does not do what it says will do on the box.

New spores have to be aquired along with well rotted horse poo.

Its hard to find well rotted horses in our village in wales, I think there is a man that clears them up on a part time basis.

Anyways I believe that santa poo may do the trick so we are off to the department store where santa is meant to be tommorrow in something called a grotty.

we are going prepared with a poop scoop and bag.

but,
I wont be sitting on his knee whilst he does it for us.

Edited by Rostosky (12/19/12 07:02 PM)

#2002004 - 12/20/12 05:47 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Densi826 Offline

Thanks Richard and Griffin for the welcome I am sure I will grow on you all to like a virus smile

#2002074 - 12/20/12 10:08 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Densi826]
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Are we "allowed" to post non-musical videos in this thread?
This one came to mind and I just had to share- it's old, old, old! Anyone remember this? so funny, or...is it just me? smile

#2002142 - 12/20/12 12:51 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Densi826 Offline

That was funny ,oddly enough he reminds me of a clergy man I used to know.

#2002225 - 12/20/12 03:27 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

The end is nigh..........although I can't personally make heads nor tales of this Mayan calander......... wink

#2002226 - 12/20/12 03:30 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I do allow it pianojoy, but then again I allow lots of things that normal folk frown on.

I am sort of ammoral, I make rules up to mainly suit me, I allow drinking to excess, in fact I encourage it especially in girls because when they are drunk, I look more attractive than normal.

Also I encourage folk to partake in most of lifes pleasurable activities and chemical compounds and experience all life has to offer whilst smoking a large one.

Forget jogging, forget diets ( unless you are a girl and very fat or unsightly) forget going to the gym.

I want to be sick when I die NOT healthy.

#2002311 - 12/20/12 06:11 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Just incase this is the end............. my mum used to play this record when i was young wink

#2002316 - 12/20/12 06:21 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Survival guide for Rossy smile

#2002317 - 12/20/12 06:26 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

My finale wink

#2002336 - 12/20/12 07:14 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I'm sure it was AimeeO that first posted this, I still love it smile
He's quite sexy lol smile

#2002341 - 12/20/12 07:27 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Densi826 Offline

I only found out last night it was the end of the world I am still not sure if it was yesterday or today .dam

#2002403 - 12/20/12 10:36 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Ok I'm behind a few pages, surprise surprise!
PJ, re Billy Joel (or BJ, whatever floats your boat, girl wink ) Yes, he was looking a little old at the 121212 thing, but his voice still sounded incredible. I was worried he was going to sound not-so-hot like Paul McCartney did at the olympics, which I found depressing. Paul did sound a lot better at this thing, so he has redeemed himself. I also wondered what it must have felt like to be Kanye West to sing in autotune, sandwiched between the Who and Billy Joel and his band, all of whom were actual musicians. Then I remembered that Kanye's ego would interfere with such a question. Anyway, Billy Joel at a college gym? That must've been awesome. Which one? I keep picturing the USF one. That would have been a nice venue, as it's so small!

Recaredo, your nephew is incredibly talented. He is also extremely attractive. If I were younger and single, I would totally follow him around gig to gig hehehehe

Welcome, Densi, I see you've met everyone!

Griffin, Richard, great Sunday posts as always.

Wayne, I believe I posted an alternate version of that a few days ago.. Jeff Buckley was sexy, I agree.

Welcome back from wherever you were, Rossy!

oh I was at Guitar Center today looking for stocking stuffers, and I saw this game that looked fun, even though I'm not a board-game kinda girl. It's called "Marshall 50th Anniversary Rock Science Board Game." It's put out by Hal Leonard, and basically it's a rock music trivial pursuit game, dedicated to Marshall Amplifier sponsored artists.
I want to play!

Since they say the world's going to end, here's CCR's Bad Moon Rising.

Also, here's Bowie's Five Years:

#2002410 - 12/20/12 11:09 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Ok the end of the world stuff is depressing me. Now I am gonna make Benne wafers and listen to Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.
Only the Good Die Young:

Somewhere over the Rainbow:

Natural Woman:

#2002548 - 12/21/12 09:42 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: AimeeO]
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Apparently, the world is still here, so I better put those bills in the mail.....

This is how I remember HIM.....(sigh...) but you're right, AO, he can still sing 'tho can't hit those high notes anymore...
that's OK, I'd still run off with him ! smile

#2002752 - 12/21/12 04:04 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Densi826 Offline

Thanks for the welcome Aimeeo, Since we are all still here I just had to put this up my favorite Hallelujah

#2002834 - 12/21/12 07:47 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Aimee, thanks for your kind comment about my nephew!!!

Densi, welcome to this thread!

My website

#2002837 - 12/21/12 07:48 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Lately I’m listening to this song almost convulsively. It was composed by Boris Tchaikovsky, not the famous composer but a soviet musician of the twentieth century, from a poem written by Pushkin.

This music is so disturbing…

My website

Page 208 of 243 < 1 2 ... 206 207 208 209 210 ... 242 243 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
AUGUST FORSTER
by Karl Watson
10/24/14 09:05 AM
Piano lessons: every week or every two weeks?
by Pover
10/24/14 06:34 AM
Anything better than the Yamaha CLP-990 yet?
by pianelmo
10/24/14 04:49 AM
Is A443 banned definitively?
by Olek
10/24/14 04:01 AM
Ritmuller Grand Pianos - Help!
by Mike RSA
10/24/14 03:56 AM
Who's Online
106 registered (ajames, anotherscott, Auver, aesop, 36251, 37 invisible), 1346 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76633 Members
42 Forums
158466 Topics
2327080 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission