I've just wanted to share with you iPhone application which I found very useful to quickly find chord names by the keys or to find the list of scales by its name or scale compatible chords:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/piano-companion-chords-scales/id586097063?ls=1&mt=8
This application is an iPhone version of popular Piano Companion for Android (see link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.binitex.pianochords
Here you are full description of application:
Piano Companion is a flexible chord/scale dictionary with user libraries and reverse mode. Piano Companion allows you to find a chord or scale by its name. If you don't remember what's the name of a chord/scale, it helps you to find it by keys. Piano Companion shows chord/scale notes, degrees, fingering for both hands in major and minor scales. You can listen how a scale or chord sounds. You can see the list of compatible chords in the selected scale. The great advantage of Piano Companion is the fact that it's a growing application, so we will be glad to consider any new features which helps you to increase usability.
- 1500+ piano chords including 3rd inversions
- 500+ scales
- 12 root keys
- Key notations: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, etc.
- reverse chord/scale lookup
- ability to display chord on the staff
- audio support
- relative scale suggestions
- compatible scale chords
- scale lookup with major/minor scale fingering
- flexible chord/scale search using keyboard
- user libraries
- ability to create custom chords for a user library
Hope you will find it helpful!