Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2007108 - 12/31/12 03:21 PM Which digital piano has auto-accompaniment function?
viettube22 Offline

Dear all,

May I ask for your advice on this issue? I have a Yamaha Tyros keyboard for composing songs. The automatic arrangement and its musical styles (pop, rock, latin, etc) is very important to me. However, the piano sound is mediocre and I find it impossible to play it like a piano.

Is there a good digital piano, which also includes the functions of automatic arrangement and musical styles?

I have do some research and know Casio PX-350 is a good choice. But is there any competitor? My budget is around £1,000.

My sincere thanks for your kind help.

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Your Next Keyboard is at Sweetwater

Click Here

#2007135 - 12/31/12 04:38 PM Re: Which digital piano has auto-accompaniment function? [Re: viettube22]
Charles Cohen Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Richmond, BC, Canada
I just got a PX-350, and I'm starting to explore the auto-accompaniment functions.

There are _lots_ of rhythm patterns. The "auto-chord" function works quite well -- it will "read" left-hand chords and supply accompaniment, and (if you want) keep the bass note that you play.

There are several options for "auto-harmonizing" a melody in the right hand. The harmonies that come out are adjusted, depending on the chord the left-hand accompaniment is playing. It's much smarter than I expected.

I _don't know_ how much customization is possible -- haven't gotten that deep, yet. I know that individual parts can be turned on and off, though.

My salesman told me that fully-customizable accompaniment is available, but it appears in synthesizer/workstations in the $2,000 range.

. Charles

#2007137 - 12/31/12 04:39 PM Re: Which digital piano has auto-accompaniment function? [Re: viettube22]
TrollToddington Offline

You might want to have a look at Yamaha's CVP line, though it's outside of your budget. The CVPs are basically a tyros with 88 graded hammer keys. Bear in mind they are not portable.

Another choice is the Yamaha DGX lin but I would stay away from these, especially provided you have a Tyros. You will be disappointd by its mediocre sound.

Edited by TrollToddington (12/31/12 04:40 PM)

#2007144 - 12/31/12 04:56 PM Re: Which digital piano has auto-accompaniment function? [Re: viettube22]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
I`ve a Yamaha DGX 620 which, typical for these models, doesn`t allow for easy seperation of the drum part from the drum/accompaniment mix. It is possible, but I prefer to add it later so it can be edited seperately on an audio track, I find the piano very good, most instruments are fine. The later 640 model has optional 3 pedals, a more usable memory and costs £575 (discounted) but doesn`t look good.

So if ya bought one, you`d be able to celebrate the savings. Just don`t look at it!

""

#2007157 - 12/31/12 05:45 PM Re: Which digital piano has auto-accompaniment function? [Re: viettube22]
fizikisto Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Hernando, MS
Another option would be the Roland BK-7m Module.

#2007196 - 12/31/12 08:16 PM Re: Which digital piano has auto-accompaniment function? [Re: viettube22]
Macy Offline
500 Post Club Member

You could use a software piano like Vintage D with your Tyros and still use the other features you like at the same time. I do that very occasionally with my CVP when I'm just fooling around. I believe the easiest way to make that work is to select the built-in Tyros piano as the main voice but turn its volume off. That will allow you to generate all of the auto accompaniment features but substitute a much better piano sound.

CVP-409GP, Vintage D, Ivory II GP's & American Concert D, True Keys American D, Ravenscroft 275, Garritan Authorized Steinway, Alicia's Keys, EWQL Pianos, MainStage, iPad/forScore/PageFlip Cicada, Custom Mac MIDI/Audio Software Design, Macs Everywhere

#2007332 - 01/01/13 04:36 AM Re: Which digital piano has auto-accompaniment function? [Re: viettube22]
viettube22 Offline

I really appreciate all your advice and will take a closer look at the models that you suggested.

@Macy: Your idea of Vintage D is very interesting. Do you know if I can connect the Tyros to an iPad and use a piano app, instead of connecting the keyboard to a big computer?

My sincere thanks,

#2007333 - 01/01/13 04:39 AM Re: Which digital piano has auto-accompaniment function? [Re: viettube22]
Macy Offline
500 Post Club Member

I suppose you could, but no iPad piano app will come close in sound quality to the Vintage D or Ivory II.

CVP-409GP, Vintage D, Ivory II GP's & American Concert D, True Keys American D, Ravenscroft 275, Garritan Authorized Steinway, Alicia's Keys, EWQL Pianos, MainStage, iPad/forScore/PageFlip Cicada, Custom Mac MIDI/Audio Software Design, Macs Everywhere

#2007378 - 01/01/13 08:24 AM Re: Which digital piano has auto-accompaniment function? [Re: viettube22]
viettube22 Offline

Dear Macy, thank you. Your idea makes sense. I don't think an iPad app can be as excellent. In that case, perhaps I would prefer to buy a new digital piano while trying to sell my Tyros 2.

Best wishes,

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
recording digital piano
by johan d
10/22/14 03:38 AM
Ambitious Jazz beginner
by Ruan
10/22/14 01:10 AM
Is this a real Steinway?
by chernobieff
10/21/14 11:51 PM
DGX-650 TOPIC
by Jtreimer
10/21/14 11:24 PM
Janko keyboard video
by Michael Sayers
10/21/14 08:28 PM
Who's Online
64 registered (AZNpiano, Andrs Lieber, andwi, Banshee, 16 invisible), 1177 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76610 Members
42 Forums
158407 Topics
2326262 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission