2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (Cheeeeee, Dalem01, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, 6 invisible), 2,085 guests, and 339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
The only other product reviews written and eagerly read by public BEFORE product even being on market, are Apple and Microsoft.

By this measure, Kayserburg just beat heck out of them!!

Norbert thumb

Last edited by Norbert; 01/01/13 12:45 AM.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Minnesota Marty
How Interesting! - Turandot is scrambling to remove his posts before this thread gets locked for all time and eternity.

Not scrambling, just giving up. My presence wasn't helping things. I care about both these guys. If it were you, I wouldn't give a damn.

Will Johnny Come Marching Home?
The fate of the modern wartime soldier
D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
Kurtman, a lot of what your saying is true. But::: Chinese piano manufacturing is quickly coming to its own. When you walk into a showroom that presents side by side comparisons, you quickly realize the workmanship, materials, design, sound, playability, etc. have in a few short years caught up with and in some instances surpassed Japanese piano manufacturing.

Tim Oliver at Cunningham Piano was kind enough to take the time to show me these comparisons. And Tim confirmed my observation that over the last two years Chinese piano manufacturing has achieved a very high level of consistency and quality control.

"Imagine it in all its primatic colorings, its counterpart in our souls - our souls that are great pianos whose strings, of honey and of steel, the divisions of the rainbow set twanging, loosing on the air great novels of adventure!" - William Carlos Williams
How was the event?

Piano obsession started November 2010.
Ragtime Butcher
Kayserburg U123
[Linked Image]
Hearing unbelievable reports about these pianos coming in fresh from NAMM, all from non-dealers.

Any member presently at show willing to confirm or elaborate things?

Curious....

Norbert

S
S
oh...no polished white finish.. (from the australian website)

PLEYEL P124
Steven:
These are not the existing Kayserburg pianos on current website.
This is a completely new series called "Kayserburg Artist" - totally different pianos.
Never seen them, never played them...
Anybody?

Norbert

S
S
I see! No polished-white-no-option laugh thats wife's order

PLEYEL P124
I didn't realize the event was on NFL Conference champion weekend. I had a bit too much to drink to drive to Berkeley. Hopefully, I can check them out next week.

Piano obsession started November 2010.
Ragtime Butcher
Kayserburg U123
[Linked Image]
M
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Michael Taylor
How was the event?

I didn't realize the event was on NFL Conference champion weekend. I had a bit too much to drink to drive to Berkeley. Hopefully, I can check them out next week.

Michael, sorry you couldn't make it. The event was really great and well attended.

I will tell you about one interesting anecdote:

Before the event, I hired RPT Peter Clark, from Sacramento State University, to prep the Kayserburg and three other 50 inch upright pianos: A Bechstein, Steingraeber and Sauter. I asked him to prep them to his liking, tune them to A442 and then to use blue painters tape to cover any identifying marks of each instrument.

Then, I hired Cesar Cancino (pianist / music director for Joan Baez and Maria Muldaur) to play all four pianos at the event - with short pieces going from one piano to the next for 30 minutes as people arrived.

We simply labeled the pianos A, B, C and D. I then printed a card listing the retail price of the pianos. They were:
1. $49,102
2. $38,640
3. $15,600
4. $14,800

Other than myself and Mr. Clark, nobody knew which piano was which.

Of the Technicians and teachers attending and voting, INCLUDING Larry Fine:
  • Nobody correctly guessed which one was the Kayserburg
  • 79.9% selected the Kayserburg as the most expensive piano on the list, and the others guessed it as the second most expensive on the list (100% placed it as one of the two most expensive- nobody guessed its real retail)
  • a direct quote from the pianist when playing the Kayserburg: "the touch of this piano is so far superior to the others that it MUST be the most expensive one."

Obviously, I was ecstatic as were the factory representatives and Mr. Mohler. I think it's fair to say that Larry was shocked.

This piano (the 132) then left for NAMM, where it continues to draw accolades from everyone who tries it. As I had mentioned in previous posts, Kayserburg has a very small and limited production and only 8 dealers will be selected nationwide. When I left NAMM yesterday, 6 had already been committed.

So Michael, the pianos will be in my showroom on Friday of next week (they leave LA on Thursday). I'd be happy to have you play them next weekend, but I think you'd best hurry in because two of the three are already sold to retail customers and will be delivered the following week.

Russell I. Kassman
Technician -Consultant

FORMER/Semi-Retired: USA Rep.for C.Bechstein & Sauter; Founder/R. KASSMAN Piano; Consultant - GUANGZHOU Pearl River Piano Co.

www.RussellKassman.com
S
S
that sounds very exciting! mind to give out more information about the Kayserburg models and MRSP?

this is the only image i can find from a Russian website
http://www.arsenalmusic.ru/goods/item91010.html

[Linked Image]
KA132B

Last edited by Steven Y. A.; 01/26/13 11:55 PM.

PLEYEL P124
M
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Steven Y. A.
that sounds very exciting! mind to give out more information about the Kayserburg models and MRSP?

Hi Steven:

The three models that will be available in the USA are the KA 121, KA 126 and KA 132.

In polished ebony, the approximate MSRP is:
KA 121 - $11,400.
KA 126 - $13,000.
KA 132 - $15,000.

The reason it is approximate is that final shipping costs have not yet been determined and will affect these prices (upward frown )

Russell I. Kassman
Technician -Consultant

FORMER/Semi-Retired: USA Rep.for C.Bechstein & Sauter; Founder/R. KASSMAN Piano; Consultant - GUANGZHOU Pearl River Piano Co.

www.RussellKassman.com
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission