2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
43 members (Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, 10 invisible), 1,188 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
JGAN Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey everyone,
I'm just starting my applications for summer music festivals and camps, and was wondering if anybody knew of any good programs in France for high schoolers? I have attended Brevard and Interlochen, and in addition to those, I am applying to Tanglewood and EMF this year. However, I would like to go abroad for part of my summer, but the only program I have been able to find is EAMA.

Has anybody heard of/been to this program? Is it worth the money? Does anybody have any other suggestions for programs in France?

Thanks,
JGAN

L
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
L
Hello JGAN, and welcome to the forum.

Originally Posted by JGAN
programs in France for high schoolers

Great idea! I am curious, though: why France?

In any case, do you speak French? You might have better luck with your search on the internet if you search in French. "Stage de musique", for example.

There are numerous summer programs in France, also in Switzerland, in Belgium. You appear to be quite advanced, so maybe Rencontres Musicales des Monts Dorées will be of interest to you.

Or Musicalta .

There are a number of programs in France that are closer perhaps to a music summer camp, where the idea is to have kids do some music and not completely neglect their instrument but to have fun as well.

J
JGAN Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I have taken French in school for almost 5 years now and I was hoping I could be able to use it and do music at the same time over the summer. Anywhere in Europe is fine, but France is my top choice.

The Musicalta program looks very interesting, has anybody been to it before? Alternatively, does anybody know of something around 3-4 weeks long?

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
One of my friends went to Moulin D'Ande International Music Festival and Masterclasses this past summer. Maybe you could research that.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Also, when did you go to Brevard? I went the past two summers!! (2011 and 2012)

L
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
L
Alternatively, does anybody know of something around 3-4 weeks long?

I don't think that you will find an intensive program with a 3 or 4 week duration. This is not iron-man country, life's too short ! And summer vacation even shorter !

I know of one 3 week camp at the seaside in Britanny, but it is really a summer camp with a musical orientation, not an intensive music program. The director says that year after year they have discussed this, and that they have always chosen to continue in this way. The kids that go there just love it, they come back year after year and many come back as counselors.

J
JGAN Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Orange Soda King
One of my friends went to Moulin D'Ande International Music Festival and Masterclasses this past summer. Maybe you could research that.
I checked it out, it looks very cool. However, I don't know if it is happening in 2013 as nothing seems to have been updated.

Originally Posted by Orange Soda King
Also, when did you go to Brevard? I went the past two summers!! (2011 and 2012)
I went last summer, 1st session.

Originally Posted by landorrano
Alternatively, does anybody know of something around 3-4 weeks long?

I don't think that you will find an intensive program with a 3 or 4 week duration. This is not iron-man country, life's too short ! And summer vacation even shorter !
Ah, touché.

Does anybody know anything about the Verbier Festival Academy? Or is that for professional/college musicians?

D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
Verbier is for a very select group of elite students who already know all about it, and are already in the innercircle of those involved in teaching/performing there.

Longtemps, je me suis couché de bonne heure, but not anymore!
J
JGAN Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ok, so probably not. However, if anybody else has any suggestions for festivals, feel free to suggest them. Thanks everyone!

N
N
There's Cordes et pics that you could check out. I know an advanced amateur violinist (adult) that went there in 2012 and was impressed with the high-quality daily individual lessons.

J
JGAN Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks for the suggestion.

Are these camps (Musicalta, Cordes et pics) primarily French speaking and teaching camps?

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission