2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Adam Reynolds, AJMurphy, Barry_Braksick, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, 7 invisible), 1,590 guests, and 218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2009034 01/04/13 05:14 PM
O
origen Offline OP
OP Offline
O
So I was browsing the roland forums and Rolands facebook page when I came across an interesting question and comment. The question asked on the facebook page to Roland was - Dec. 11th -When will Roland release a new workstation? - Not only did Roland "like" the question but they also said - Roland U.S. The next round of new products will be announced at the Winter NAMM trade show on January 24 - 27. Check back with us at that time! - This certainly at least sounds promising, especially with their omission of the Fantom G in their latest catalog. My money is still in hand, although I almost blew it on a Taylor guitar last night, but I kept my composure.

Last edited by origen; 01/04/13 05:15 PM.
T
T
Maybe it's that thing in the upper right here?

Roland RD-700NX // Casio PX-5S // Galaxy Vintage D
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
The new SN Fantom G replacement has been under development for sometime.

"I'm still an idiot and I'm still in love" - Blue Sofa - The Plugz 1981 (Tito Larriva)
Disclosure : I am professionally associated with Arturia but my sentiments are my own only.
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Know what you mean about holding out- waiting on getting a Krome until after NAMM- but there is a good deal that ends the 31st; so i will wait until mid-NAMM

what is the roland SN workstation?- something that uses supernatural?

Have had my Roland Juno Gi for 2 years now; great for writing and demos, but I think the Krome sounds are a little stronger

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Dr Popper
The new SN Fantom G replacement has been under development for sometime.

And a new Motif has also no doubt been under development for sometime.

There must be a lot of pressure on both Roland and Yamaha from Korg siphoning off workstation sales . . . read Kronos.

A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Melodialworks Music

There must be a lot of pressure on both Roland and Yamaha from Korg siphoning off workstation sales . . . read Kronos.

I don't quite understand what you mean there. Korg has always sold plenty of workstations - I'm not sure they are siphoning anything. They are just competing like they always have.

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by ando

I don't quite understand what you mean there. Korg has always sold plenty of workstations - I'm not sure they are siphoning anything. They are just competing like they always have.

Korgs market share has tripled since the Kronos was released. Their old M3 was a distant third in unit sales behind the Motif and Fantom now they are selling more units of the Kronos then all the others put together. Yamaha won't stand for that for long.

"I'm still an idiot and I'm still in love" - Blue Sofa - The Plugz 1981 (Tito Larriva)
Disclosure : I am professionally associated with Arturia but my sentiments are my own only.
A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Dr Popper
Originally Posted by ando

Korgs market share has tripled since the Kronos was released. Their old M3 was a distant third in unit sales behind the Motif and Fantom now they are selling more units of the Kronos then all the others put together. Yamaha won't stand for that for long.

Then again, back in the days when workstations were first appearing, like the Korg M1/T1, Korg was the trailblazer and miles ahead of Yamaha and Roland. Roland came back hard with the D series. Korg has a good time with the Trinity/Tritons for a while, Yamaha came back with the Motifs. It's swings and roundabouts. They are always jostling for supremacy. Nobody stays at the top for more than 4-5 years, it seems. Korg is having its moment in the sun, but as you say, Roland and Yamaha won't like that so they'll try harder for a while, gain some advantage, then get complacent again. And so it goes...

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission