2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
67 members (brennbaer, accordeur, antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, 10 invisible), 1,817 guests, and 309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
I have no special knowledge, but I suspect we won't see many new piano products at NAMM 2013 but will have to wait for Frankfurt, where they can make maybe a bigger international splash.

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
My prediction is that no matter what is announced from where that someone will be on this forum complaining about it.

"I'm still an idiot and I'm still in love" - Blue Sofa - The Plugz 1981 (Tito Larriva)
Disclosure : I am professionally associated with Arturia but my sentiments are my own only.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
wink

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
K
K
Originally Posted by gvfarns
I don't know that I've ever heard a rumor per se about a piano announcement. I wish I had.

I have unfounded speculations aplenty. Gimme a Kawai GF stage piano to replace the MP10--that's pretty likely since they have GF in several console models now. At this point we'd all be disappointed if they didn't. Maybe a Kawai MIDI controller (though it would be more likely to be RH2-based, not GF...because a GF midi controller would make me too happy). That would send shock waves around this forum if it happened bceause tons of us want a good midi controller and there just ain't any to be had. Probably about time they replaced the EP3 as well. It's several actions behind. The bad news: Kawai prices seem to be trending upward (unless it's just me), so don't expect to buy the GF stage piano for peanuts.

I don't know if Casio has any more fun announcements after the relatively recent slurry of pianos they came out with, but it would be fun.

Yamaha, well, the P105 is creeping up on the P155, which is due for a change. Decent chance the P155 could get replaced, which would also be a big deal in this forum since that is an oft recommended model. Apparently the CP33 and CP300 will never, ever, ever be replaced, so don't expect that. smile

I never know what Roland is doing. My guess is MOAR SUPERNATURAL, everywhere. Probably in lower level pianos as well. It would be cool if they had a SuperDuperNatural. A cheaper V piano would make some serious waves here and cause many a fun thread, but I'm not holding my breath. An upgraded a better V piano would be fun, but cause fewer waves. Still not holding breath.

I really can't predict what software pianos are going to do. I guess Ivory could come out with a new, individually sold piano. I can't guess what it would be. We'd all go nuts if it was a Kawai EX, but I'd think a handmade piano from a small, expensive brand of some sort is more likely (I know the EX is expensive and hand made in some senses, but Kawai is not small). Galaxy? Well, we can always hope.

Well, those are my guesses. I have no inside information whatsoever, so take it for what it's worth (which is entertainment value only).

I don't believe we shall see an updated V-Piano, however I do see in Roland's future the "super duper supernatural" sound as you comically put it. Perhaps called "supernatural plus" or "Supernatural V" and try and get somewhere between the current supernatural sound and the V-Piano's magnificence. Now I know I have EssBrace's blood boiling over that comment, lol however it makes sense By a purely marketing standpoint. They leave the V-Piano at premium $7000 price so only professionals continue to buy it, and market the technology into all of their lower brand name updates making them different and more innovative than Yamaha's midrange offerings. Ultimately it is all about competing against the rivals and the wording of the supernatural.marketing worked well the past four years.

Roland V-Piano, Yamaha CLP990, Yamaha S90
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by Kona_V-Piano
try and get somewhere between the current supernatural sound and the V-Piano's magnificence. Now I know I have EssBrace's blood boiling over that comment, lol

mad

P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by EssBrace
Originally Posted by Kona_V-Piano
try and get somewhere between the current supernatural sound and the V-Piano's magnificence. Now I know I have EssBrace's blood boiling over that comment, lol

mad

I do like reading some of these comments, although I am not going to add anything to it. laugh

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
My #1 prediction would be a Yamaha P-165.
#2- A Korg Piano based on Kronos samples.
Now, would Korg do NH or RH3 next time around?
#3- A $999 portable Roland to compete with the P-165!

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61
V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by Possum P105
My #1 prediction would be a Yamaha P-165.

I agree. It would be wonderful if the P155 replacement could retain the relatively light weight and simple interface, but include a main piano at least as good as that in the CP5, plus the SCM Rhodes and Wurlitzer. It would sell like hotcakes. Certainly, it looks like the P155 is on its way out, as discounts are now easy to obtain.

#2- A Korg Piano based on Kronos samples.
Now, would Korg do NH or RH3 next time around?

A lot of people (including me) would like to see an SV-2 with the Kronos APs and EPs, but I wonder whether the market is big enough for Korg to venture further down that somewhat idiosyncratic path.

#3- A $999 portable Roland to compete with the P-165!

This one seems unlikely to me. Roland don't really seem that interested in competing at the low end.

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
The one piano that I would say (terms of wow factor, era it was in) was the Korg Sg ProX. I had the module of it for 12 years of so. I think it even had EQ sliders on it. I would like to see Korg do the same.

What I really envision them doing is taking the 2.8gb sample and 400mb samples (piano and rhodes respectively) from the Krome and putting it into some sort of package with RH3.

Or they would put it with NH, include speakers and that's how it would be different than the Krome 88.

They just seemed to have dropped out of pianos really altogether aside from workstations. LP-350 is based on old technology and the SP-170 hasn't been mentioned here in ages

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I'd like to see a clock built into the screen of a keyboard.

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X | Roland RD 2000 | Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
I think that the manufacturers will all pool their resources to produce slab and console versions of a DP that REALLY feels and sounds like a very nice upright AP, using 1TB of memory. They will sell it for a little less than a REALLY nice upright AP, since it will cost considerably less to make.

Then for next year, they'll do the same in a more refined grand-style cabinet, with enough power to fill a concert hall.

Oh, and Rupert Murdoch will become a force for good, hunger around the globe will be eliminated, and there will be a permanent solution to the woes in the Middle-East.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by 10fingers
I think that the manufacturers will all pool their resources to produce slab and console versions of a DP that REALLY feels and sounds like a very nice upright AP, using 1TB of memory. They will sell it for a little less than a REALLY nice upright AP, since it will cost considerably less to make.

Then for next year, they'll do the same in a more refined grand-style cabinet, with enough power to fill a concert hall.

Oh, and hunger around the globe will be eliminated, and there will be a permanent solution to the woes in the Middle-East.

Easy. No problem. Entirely realistic aspirations.

Originally Posted by 10fingers
and Rupert Murdoch will become a force for good

Deluded! Never gonna happen. But at least he'll be dead soon.

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by voxpops

A lot of people (including me) would like to see an SV-2 with the Kronos APs and EPs, but I wonder whether the market is big enough for Korg to venture further down that somewhat idiosyncratic path.

This board exists as a working preproduction sample and has for some time. Why hasn't it appeared ? $$$ constraints ...they chose the wide market appeal of the Krome over the rather more limited target market of the SV-1. It could be easily put into production however.

"I'm still an idiot and I'm still in love" - Blue Sofa - The Plugz 1981 (Tito Larriva)
Disclosure : I am professionally associated with Arturia but my sentiments are my own only.
Hmmm...in order of importance:

Red... check!
Decent EPs... check!
Decent organ... check!
Flaky keyboard action... check!

[Linked Image]

Well, I still haven't bitten the bullet on the Electro 4 yet, so perhaps I can wait a few more weeks to see if the SV-2 materialises at NAMM?

James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
T
OP Offline
T
lol James!

NP2, Arturia Laboratory 61

Addictive Keys, Kawai EX Pro
Heil PR-40 Mic, Allen & Heath Mixer, Yamaha HS80
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Nord Stage 2 EX (more memory)
Yamaha updated CP series/AvantGrand sound update
Roland releasing new V-Piano related products/sounds
Kawai updating MP10/MP6
U.S. Senate actually passing a budget and Obama cutting the deficit in half.

All WISHFUL thinking. I know. smile

On a serious note, I think the general economic stagnation will keep the manufacturers conservative and boring. At least we won't have surprises! grin

Studiologic Numa X Piano GT with Native Instruments Noire
Originally Posted by moleskincrusher
I have no special knowledge, but I suspect we won't see many new piano products at NAMM 2013 but will have to wait for Frankfurt, where they can make maybe a bigger international splash.

what show is going on at frankfurt and when will it be?

Casio Privia PX-150

T
T
They mean Frankfurt Musikmesse which is an international music fair that will take place in Frankfurt am Mein between 10th and 13th of April 2013

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by PianoZac
Kawai updating MP10/MP6

On a serious note, I think the general economic stagnation will keep the manufacturers conservative and boring. At least we won't have surprises! grin

Only 1 on your list is actually a going to happen wink

R
R
Originally Posted by Dr Popper
Originally Posted by PianoZac
Kawai updating MP10/MP6

Only 1 on your list is actually a going to happen wink

I'm really reaching here, but say Yamaha steps their game up for their 125th anniversary, would they give a dramatic downloadable software update to the current CP line? Or perhaps releasing actual new keyboards?

Rhodes MkII Stage 73, Yamaha CP4, Yamaha Reface CP + DX
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission