2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (johnesp, drumour, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, JohnCW, 7 invisible), 1,251 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2009518 01/05/13 04:38 PM
CebuKid Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
She is the best heavy metal cover pianist on YouTube. Check her out! smile

YouTube Channel
Scott Joplin Repertoire

Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
- Berthold Auerbach

[Linked Image]
F
F
Wow! Checking her out indeed :P I think I'm in love!

Specific to that link, I've always loved the instrumental interlude in the original, and it really sounds great on piano too.

Thanks for this

Zaahir

Self-taught renegade - Kawai CL-36
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Wow, that's a lot of intensity but it is controlled with some beautiful melodic tempo changes throughout the piece. The skin tight dress was working extremely well for me too but you can keep the Herman Munster boots for well....Herman Munster!

I very much enjoy 'alternative' talent like this. Thanks for posting this up. I get my inspiration from videos like this.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mr Super-Hunky
The skin tight dress was working extremely well for me too but you can keep the Herman Munster boots for well....Herman Munster!

What a "wonderful" (not) world it would be if everyone dressed the same and all the girls wore clarks T bar shoes... jeez.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
W
W
Vkgoes wild - The girl that inspired me to spend £3k on a new piano (including equipment) =( and start playing again =D. My idol when it comes to piano playing and I was very surprised before when she responded quite promptly to emails regarding settings for the piano, very friendly.

Last edited by WelshMikey; 01/05/13 07:37 PM.

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Mikey, she is so kind isnt she? ooh, where abouts are you? we are inbetween carmarthen and llanelli............

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

W
W
Rostosky I don't want to give the impression I know her because I dont, its just she was kind enough to get back to me and tell me the piano setting she was using where as i'm pretty sure most others of her talent wouldn't have bothered replying.

Originally I am from Swansea but currently live near Southampton.

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Okay dokey, then we are from your neck of the woods, talking of where is the piano on this ship...... john james in carmarthen has a fold away cramer piano that was on scots ship on the polar expedition, its a real cute little thing fully restored AND with provenance naturally.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
She's really great - but are you sure that was Metallica and not one of the Hungarian Rhapsodies? laugh

Trap

I'd rather see her play barefoot - a lot sexier!

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
WOW KUDOS TJ !!! This is indeed a very brave act, to "come out" on pianoworld as a foot fetishist must have taken some bottle, and shows your humanity shining through.

I am not entirely sure that PW was the best place to do this, but now that it is done, I will tactfully mention it on RST and try and engineer an atmosphere of tolerance and understanding.

Well done sir.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Vk is awesome all around (and I happen to adore her boot collection and am green with envy!)

Trap I'm sincerely hoping that you are a look not touch kinda guy! wink Bad things can happen to those who touch feet! hehe

Becca
Began: 01-12-11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn
She's really great - but are you sure that was Metallica and not one of the Hungarian Rhapsodies? laugh

Trap

Trap! No, no, no, no....
Barefoot?
Oh geez, that's such a redneck thing to do!
Come on, you're not from Mississippi, are you?!
(no disrespect meant to any other fine PW members from M who are NOT rednecks) wink

I don't care too much for money. For money can't buy me love.
-the Beatles

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I must admit i dont quite get it either if I am being honest, this just doesnt do it for me, but each to his or her own.

[Linked Image]

D
D
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Originally Posted by Mr Super-Hunky
The skin tight dress was working extremely well for me too but you can keep the Herman Munster boots for well....Herman Munster!

What a "wonderful" (not) world it would be if everyone dressed the same and all the girls wore clarks T bar shoes... jeez.

Makes as much sense as your rambling against jazz smile
What a "wonderful" (not) world it would be if no one could could joke about fashion...... jeez

anyways lovin vk

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
its not fashion, its vks style! one could say unfashion.

I do not ramble about jazz, merely point out its futility.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
There is something I did in my reply on this thread that is bothering me a little, so I'm going to fix it. Please allow me start over.

As I originally said, Vk plays with incredible intensity. She puts a lot of passion (controlled passion) into her performance which I happen to really like. Furthermore, she follows it up with a compatible and appropriate ensemble for the way she is trying to express herself through her music.

My 'Herman Munster' boots comment was meant as (to me, an obvious joke) since deep-sea diving type boots are probably NOT condoned to play piano with by....well anyone. However, she IS playing with these types of boots on (visually) all while doing a fantastic job with them on.

I should have said something like "As good as you think she is, she's even better to be able to play with shoes like that on' or something to that nature. Even better would probably have been just to keep quiet to begin with. My bad, I screwed up and apologize for that.

And for the record, I usually wear my Dr. Martins ankle high leather work boots when I play piano. They are an extremely well built boot that is very light which uses top grade leather. I actually bought them due to the 'bouncing souls' which they have since this softens up the impact of your step and makes your sore hips a little happier when walking.

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
I got the joke, Super-Hunky, but your post is gracious.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by piano joy
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn

Trap

Trap! No, no, no, no....
Barefoot?
Oh geez, that's such a redneck thing to do!
Come on, you're not from Mississippi, are you?!
(no disrespect meant to any other fine PW members from M who are NOT rednecks) wink

piano joy - as one who has come to greatly appreciate your intellect and sense of advanced jocularity in the "Les Mis" thread I'm shocked - your unprovoked and rather unkind insinuation directed towards the fine folks of Mississippi is almost as surprising as your oversight of my reference to the works of Metallica as sounding like those of Liszt, which was the real point of the post and the subtle point of the humor intended..

The "barefoot" comment was simply a gratuitous slur directed at those yammering about the pros and cons of the young
lady's footware, rather than discussing her pianistic skills...

Trap

Edited to add that the bare foot - depending on it's possessor and their experience and tactile skills - can be a highly stimulating and arousing sensual implement smirk

Note also that true rednecks actually play the keys with their bare feet, not just the pedals laugh

Last edited by TrapperJohn; 01/06/13 08:24 PM.

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K Mr. SuperHunky, we wanna see you in your sexy Dr. Martins in a sexy tight outfit playing piano too! wink

Becca
Began: 01-12-11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by BeccaBb
K Mr. SuperHunky, we wanna see you in your sexy Dr. Martins in a sexy tight outfit playing piano too! wink

1+

'Cause we want to know if you are REALLY SuperHunky or just wish you were!
grin

I don't care too much for money. For money can't buy me love.
-the Beatles

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission