2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
48 members (Dalem01, Cheeeeee, danno858, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Dfrankjazz, Carey, 7 invisible), 2,075 guests, and 323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
OP Offline
J
I've been playing since around 7th grade, but I quit a few times along the way and a I lot of times didn't take it seriously . But now that's changed fortunately . I don't really know how good I am but to be honest I play for fun, this instrument brings me enjoyment. I enjoy playing theme songs mostly (anywhere from disney movies to films done by people like john williams to video games soundtracks), however I do also play classical and romantic period pieces, and of course convering pop songs:). I've posted some videos on youtube over the past few years, here's a couple. I'd like to see what you guys think, btw these aren't extremely recent, I don't post videos very often so I don't have any new one's .

Nobuo Uematsu - To Zanarkand (Final Fantasy X Soundtrack)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIfdi1_NlwA

Disney (Alan Menken & David Zippel) - Go the Distance (Hercules Soundtrack)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOmCgRh9uYo

Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
I just listened to both your pieces. Very nice! I loved the fast sections in your second piece. Looks and sounds like a fun piece to play. There is a thread on this site called January Piano Bar. You should post these there as you will get many more views and comments. There is a new Piano Bar thread every month and anything goes.

You play very well. I'm glad you did not stop as that would be a shame! How long have you been playing in total? Just curious? Very nice work. Keep playing!

J
OP Offline
J
I'm 20 now, and I've been playing since like 12. Unfortunately most of the years were wasted by lack of practicing, but I'm making up for it now smile. How long have you been playing?

Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Piano just about a year and a half. I did organ lessons for about 5 years as a teenager. I loved playing but right about your age I stopped (new job, new interests, etc). Now 20+ years later I realized how much I've missed playing and took up piano. Last year I did my grade 4 RCM exam. I am preparing for grade 5 but doing lots of other fun pieces in between. Mostly just using the exams as a learning roadmap. I just really like playing. I've discovered I really like learning and playing classical music. But like lots of other pieces as well.

J
OP Offline
J
Oh you did organ, that's cool, do you have any videos or performances of any type (piano or organ etc.)

N
N
Welcome sislermi, watched your videos, really enjoyed them, you play great.
That second piece was like thunder in my headphones, you really went for it, was worried the piano would topple over! I'd love to see some more of your playing.

By the way, your DP sounds nice, much better than mine anyway (which is now boxed up ready for eBay, new acoustic coming Tuesday, yay)

I hope you stick around here and with the piano, you're made for each other.

Neil.

Venables & Son Custom 133 Upright Acoustic Piano
Yamaha DGX-640 Digital Piano
Started learning: October 2011
Started lessons: January 2012
YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/neildradford

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission