Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2009547 - 01/05/13 04:42 PM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: TrapperJohn]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
Originally Posted By: TrapperJohn
... it would be "unfair" to hold anything in the whole, wide, wonderful world of entertainment "up to it's standard"...

Gee Trapper.... You make me look forward even more to seeing the play. I'm really not into entertainment. I get bored with movies. Walk out. I'm a writer at heart. I think of what is behind what is going on. I think of the intent.
I may be getting into more than I bargained for in the play. I'm going to be sitting close enough that I can not only see them up close and personal, and hear themselves actually singing. I'll be able to feel them singing. Singing is bearing one's heart and soul, completely naked in front of people. It is not easy to do, right. This may corrupt me, on entertainment.
Last time I saw a live play was... lets see.... oh yes... The great mecca of artistic talent at the Antelope Valley Jr. College... Doh! I don't even remember what it was about. I do remember each one of them acted as if it was about them. ... Doh!
May God have mercy on me and my humble income. (typical SD income) Doh! I may spend more time going to Denver's Performing Arts Center in the future.

Edit: For the life of me. I cannot understand these idiots going on a bus to see some football game. Geesh... They don't have a life! How stupid! But something like Les Miserables in a live play. That is a whole different story. Now I just need a nice heifer who can appreciate the thoughts of Victor Hugo. Then afterward the two of us can play Hunchback of Notre Dame.... Sanctuary!....Oh yes!....glorious Sanctuary!

Edited by rnaple (01/05/13 05:02 PM)

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2009878 - 01/06/13 08:13 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Originally Posted By: rnaple

Gee Trapper.... You make me look forward even more to seeing the play.

...this may corrupt me, on entertainment.

...May God have mercy on me and my humble income. I may spend more time going to Denver's Performing Arts Center in the future.

smile

In addition to all the great shows that Rogers & Hammerstein composed, two other musicals are more than well worth seeing live and in-person because they are so special and unique and vastly entertaining: "Fiddler on the Roof" (as mentioned by pj above) and "A Chorus Line", my own personal favorite before "Les Mis" came bursting on the scene - both held the record for longest run on Broadway for awhile...both can easily justify going deeper in debt laugh

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#2009889 - 01/06/13 08:32 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: TrapperJohn]
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Florida
Trap, so glad you mentioned "Fiddler on the Roof".
I have never seen the stage production, only the movie (as mentioned in a previous post) and I do believe it's my favorite musical of all time. (note the word musical, not necessarily play/story).

Ron- rent it if you haven't seen it- and it has to be the version with Topol in it. It's a 1971 film, won 3 academy awards (which probably meant a lot more back then!) for best picture, best actor amongst them.

The story is both heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time; a story of family and love and harsh realities of life.
Throw in some melodic music, great lyrics and what's not to like?

Trap, I liked A Chorus Line (saw live a few times) and always enjoyed it, not really a favorite.

My latest more favorite- Jersey Boys. Have you seen?
Again, based on a real life story, the music has you jumping out of your seat wanting to bop along (and these guys were before my time, mind you!); very very entertaining.

My gut tells me Ron would not greatly favor either Chorus Line or Jersey Boys; just a hunch...
I'm guessing Miss Saigon might be more up his alley- or hills, as it might be...

#2009932 - 01/06/13 10:45 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: piano joy]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: piano joy

My latest more favorite- Jersey Boys. Have you seen?

My gut tells me Ron would not greatly favor either Chorus Line or Jersey Boys; just a hunch...
I'm guessing Miss Saigon might be more up his alley- or hills, as it might be...

No, I haven't seen "Jersey Boys" - not sure why - the music is "in my time" - grew up with it & liked it - probably will see it sometime...

Ron might not like "A Chorus Line", except for the "T & A" song, which is probably way up his alley and which I think he would just eat up laugh Check it out on YT Ron - lots of raunchy versions there!

Saw "Miss Saigon" on Broadway some time back - by the same composers as "Les Mis" - liked this also but not one of my all time favs...

I think Ron would definitely like "Chicago", which I saw twice on Broadway - here's a rare example where the movie version is almost as good as the live version - the stars in this were surprisingly good, but then again mainly because the music over all is far less demanding vocally (although very entertaining)...

#2009948 - 01/06/13 11:24 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
rnaple Offline

Thank you both for the input.
I have recently checked out some stuff through Netflix. Manily to study and know the story behind the songs.
I have considered getting season tickets to the Black Hills Playhouse. They will do 4 plays over summer. They allow a season holder to use the 4 tickets anyway they want. Can reserve seating also. Only one play this year interests me there; Godspell. I'll see. They say the Playhouse does really good. I still don't expect it to be like a touring company.
I went ahead and signed up for the Denver Performing Arts Center newsletter. Maybe I should make a contribution. No matter how small. So they will consider me a contributor and special treatment on availability of tickets. They have a few buildings for the arts. Let's see with this play first. One thing is for sure...I won't be getting a hotel room near the Center...they run about $350 a night. Doh!
When in Elementary School. My music teacher went nuts over Fiddler on the Roof. We had everything Fiddler on the Roof for a while.
I like all your suggestions. I appreciate it. My boredom with entertainment might very well be changed. Still, my best entertainment is entertaining myself. Creating.

#2010208 - 01/06/13 07:38 PM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I have considered getting season tickets to the Black Hills Playhouse. They will do 4 plays over summer. They allow a season holder to use the 4 tickets anyway they want. Can reserve seating also. Only one play this year interests me there; Godspell. I'll see. They say the Playhouse does really good. I still don't expect it to be like a touring company.

Great idea Ron! Some small theaters can be surprisingly good in their productions, both of musicals and straight plays. We have several here in Central PA such as the Hershey Theater near me and especially the Fulton Theater in Lancaster, which is my favorite - it's relatively small and plush with excellent acoustics, and every seat is a good seat - this is where I last saw Les Mis (with my wife and 3 daughters) 2 years ago, and where Ill see the touring co. of Chorus Line in March - you might be very pleased with their shows (and they will appreciate your support) - I think you'll like Godspell a lot.

Edited by TrapperJohn (01/06/13 07:39 PM)

#2010400 - 01/07/13 04:10 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: piano joy]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Trap, so glad you mentioned "Fiddler on the Roof".
I have never seen the stage production, only the movie (as mentioned in a previous post) and I do believe it's my favorite musical of all time. (note the word musical, not necessarily play/story).

If you ever get a chance see it live - you will love it even more - I took my one daughter to see it at the aforementioned Fulton Theater several years ago for her birthday at her request (she takes after her father with her highly discriminating taste laugh ) and it was wonderful - a Broadway quality production - we both enjoyed in completely!

#2010494 - 01/07/13 09:27 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Just got tiks for the Apr. 10th show in Baltimore! This will be my 7th - I swear there are Les Mis freaks all over the world who attend monthly or even weekly...

Hey Ron - thought you might like to do a little Les Mis souvenir shopping - check this out - maybe you can get them to change the 1 to a 2 laugh

Shop for Les Mis stuff

Trap

#2010871 - 01/07/13 09:45 PM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
rnaple Offline

Congrats, Trapp.... sounds great....

One that ya'll haven't mentioned... Man of La Mancha.... It is a wonderfully romantic story. Look forward to someone doing it again. Brian Stokes Mitchell was great.

#2011027 - 01/08/13 07:18 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Congrats, Trapp.... sounds great....

One that ya'll haven't mentioned... Man of La Mancha.... It is a wonderfully romantic story. Look forward to someone doing it again. Brian Stokes Mitchell was great.

Thanks Ron - yes, Man of La Mancha - great show - great music - this is The Don's song, but check out this version:

#2011536 - 01/09/13 02:53 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
rnaple Offline

She reminds me of Lara Fabian. Not sure why. I think Lara is one of the very best.

We both know "the" song in Man of LaMancha is one of the best song's ever. It's THE song of romantic success.

My last name is the same as one of these persons they love to put up on YT singing this song. It's his characters name. Not real name. His character got that name from a relative of mine whom the Marine Corps loves to claim is the only civilian to ever be buried in a Marine Corps cemetery.

I may not have money for entertainment soon. Even though the Denver trip is paid for already. That may have to be it for a while. I might be working for the City at the Landfill. It would involve a big pay cut. Since I would be overseeing inmates...that 24601 shirt might work... or.... maybe should have a Javert costume... smile

Edited by rnaple (01/09/13 07:02 PM)
Edit Reason: Old fool typo....

#2011858 - 01/09/13 06:59 PM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
rnaple Offline

Oh Trapper.... Don't look at this link... Don't think it will make you happy...

Les Miserables Soundtrack Tops Charts

#2011934 - 01/09/13 09:35 PM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Oh Trapper.... Don't look at this link... Don't think it will make you happy...

Les Miserables Soundtrack Tops Charts

I'm not that surprised. Have you listened to what's on the radio these days? (speaking in generalities, of course, nothing is ALL or NONE)
I think this more reflects unsophisticated tastes in music than any true musical quality (in particular vocal, as we've mentioned in previous posts).

Oh, and I do own the CD- but of the original Broadway Cast recording.

Edited by piano joy (01/09/13 10:21 PM)

#2012081 - 01/10/13 05:02 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

She reminds me of Lara Fabian. Not sure why. I think Lara is one of the very best.

Lara does look a little like a slightly younger Linda...hadn't seen/heard much from Lara before so I went to YT to check her out - really nice voice, but not quite as powerful as Linda's I think...

I may not have money for entertainment soon. Even though the Denver trip is paid for already. That may have to be it for a while. I might be working for the City at the Landfill. It would involve a big pay cut. Since I would be overseeing inmates...that 24601 shirt might work... or.... maybe should have a Javert costume... smile

smile - Javert costume, definitely - and I bet you can sing better than Russel too!

Edited by TrapperJohn (01/10/13 05:03 AM)

#2012086 - 01/10/13 05:25 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

As I said above "Chicago" is a thoroughly entertaining musical, and a rare case where the movie version is as good as (if not actually better) than the stage version - Richard, Rene and Catherine all did commendable, if not necessarily great, work and were surprisingly good - the music as a whole is delightful and yet doesn't demand outstanding vocal skills to pull off - the movie was very well directed and filmed and here's one of my favorite clips:

#2012678 - 01/11/13 09:32 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Another musical that made a smooth and compelling transition to the screen was "Caberet" - Liza & Joel had more than enough talent to make this happen - here they are with the "Money"

song:

#2012769 - 01/11/13 12:34 PM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: TrapperJohn]
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Trap, I agree, I think the movie "Chicago" was well done, overall and I really enjoyed it. Richard Gere has a rather odd voice, but it suited the role fine and, well, he is easy on the eyes.

The ladies did fine vocally and the choreography was very, very good.

Not a huge fan of Cabaret, not sure why- I think it's "Liza", I just can't get into Liza, although I am a big fan of Judy!

OK, I'm going to throw one out there: the Producers (Broadway version...the movie was "so-so").
I have to say- this is one of my favorites. First and foremost, very, very, VERY funny!
Second, I have to give credit to Mel Brooks who wrote the music and much of it is quite melodic and clever at the same time. I mean, really- how many people can write screenplays AND the music ? Impressive.

I would have given anything (almost) to have seen the original Broadway cast - of course, I am now forgetting all names, geez! The dude married to Sarah Jessica Parker- and, oh, yes, the other guy: Nathan Lane! Superb casting for this!
Let's see if I can find a video...

Edited by piano joy (01/11/13 12:36 PM)

#2012775 - 01/11/13 12:44 PM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: piano joy]
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Darn! Can't find a good video of orig Broadway cast...but here's a taping of a recording...(skip ahead 2.5 minutes or so if don't wish to hear Mel Brooks intro, although I like it).
Again, nice melody, good lyrics, has an "old-timey" feel to it.
As I recall, the choreography to this song was lots of fun, too!

#2013222 - 01/12/13 05:25 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I watched the vid pj - mildly amusing - like with you & Liza I've never really been a big fan of Brooks' stuff - I'm old enough to remember when he used to be on TV regularly as part of the cast of some variety show or other & I guess he wore himself out then - I haven't seen "Producers" so I shouldn't pre-judge, and probably wouldn't attend (unless tiks were free or greatly reduced) but who knows - I could be pleasantly surprised...

However, I think I may be too cynical and jaded and grumpy to fully appreciate his brand of humor these days...for example, I still laugh like crazy at old reruns of M*A*S*H although I've seen them dozens of times, but don't really find Brooks' "Blazing Saddles" all that funny...where have I gone wrong? laugh

#2013251 - 01/12/13 06:52 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: TrapperJohn]
rnaple Offline

However, I think I may be too cynical and jaded and grumpy to fully appreciate his brand of humor these days...for example, I still laugh like crazy at old reruns of M*A*S*H although I've seen them dozens of times, but don't really find Brooks' "Blazing Saddles" all that funny...where have I gone wrong? laugh

I think perhaps you like that MASH meant something. It went from a comedy with dramatic undertones, to a drama with comedic undertones. It grew into many thoughts that meant something deep down. MASH's comedy also was much more realistic. I will always like MASH alot. I love to laugh at the warped characters who are that way by their own choice.
Blazing Saddles had all it took for a hilarious comedy. It lacked timing...good editing. Whereas Young Frankenstein was edited great. It had all the timing spot on. I think Young Frankenstein was far funnier.
EDIT: No we don't need criticism of the singing in Young Frankenstein. The music and singing were superb. Superbly funny. smile

Edited by rnaple (01/12/13 07:38 AM)

#2013306 - 01/12/13 09:32 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
Greener Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014

Loc: Toronto
Just got tiks for the Apr. 10th show in Baltimore! This will be my 7th - I swear there are Les Mis freaks all over the world who attend monthly or even weekly...

Something about musicals that has this affect. I knew a gentleman that PAID and went to see West Side Story 12 times.

Jesus Christ Superstar had the same effect on me. Although I only saw it at the movies once and then got the tape (yes tape.) Plus, two stage productions.

South Pacific is right up there for me now, after seeing the stage production last summer (Bali Ha'i may call you.)

Les Misérables on my to do list now. Although, by the sounds of it (great review smile...thx,) I may just wait for the stage production to come back to cow town. I'm not holding my breath though.

#2013328 - 01/12/13 10:00 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: Greener]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Greener

Something about musicals that has this affect. I knew a gentlemen that PAID and went to see West Side Story 12 times.

Hi Greener - welcome to the Les Mis (et al) Discussion thread!

I can believe that about WSS - wonderful music ("Maria", "Tonight", etc.) and a great entertainment experience...

South Pacific is right up there for me now, after seeing the stage production last summer (Bali Ha'i may call you.)

I've had a debate going for years (mostly with myself laugh ) about which of the R & H musicals has the most great music - I've narrowed it down to 3: "South Pacific", "The King and I", and, of course, "The Sound of Music" - SP might just have a slight edge, but only because it contains what I think is one of the most beautiful songs ever written anywhere by anyone: "Some Enchanted Evening"!

Les Misérables on my to do list now. Although, by the sounds of it (great review smile...thx,) I may just wait for the stage production to come back to cow town. I'm not holding my breath though.

I would strongly recommend waiting - however, you could see the movie first, but only with the understanding that you're not seeing it at it's best (not even close), but only on a level that a decent High School or mediocre college production might give to it (especially with regards to the most important elements, which is the music and the singing thereof) - at least you would get an overview of the plot and the characters, which would make the live stage production more enjoyable (the plot can be a tad confusing for 1st timers) - better yet, forget the movie for now and watch the 10th Anniversary Concert version that I posted a link to above - the talent in this is world class!

#2013338 - 01/12/13 10:08 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I think perhaps you like that MASH meant something. It went from a comedy with dramatic undertones, to a drama with comedic undertones. It grew into many thoughts that meant something deep down. MASH's comedy also was much more realistic. I will always like MASH alot.

That's brilliant Ron thumb

In one sentence you've put your finger on something that I've been trying to explain to myself for years...that's the essence of the show's strong appeal for a whole lot of people, and why it continues to be popular and relevant today...you're a genius!

#2013432 - 01/12/13 01:01 PM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: TrapperJohn]
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Trap, I agree, I did not find Blazing Saddles at all funny- in fact, couldn't even watch the whole thing!
Now, the OLD movie, "The Producers" is quite funny but the musical adds a whole other element. You have to be prepared for a comedy, with music if you should ever see it. You know..laughter is good for the body and soul....and heart! smile

The King and I - love it!
Sound of Music (well, come on, can you be human and NOT love this based-on-true-story musical)- love it!
West Side Story- who mentioned that?
LOVE LOVE LOVE ! Romeo/Juliet love theme, catchy song and dance - the movie was spectacular, I thought! Even though Nancy Wood (wait, what was her name, eeeek!) did not sing the part of Maria.
Natalie Wood, I meant, ha!
This song nearly makes me cry every time:

I've never seen South Pacific...hmmmm.

I just realized the dancing and choreography is a big part of the entertainment in musicals for me. Superb singing is wonderful in itself, but if there is clever choreography added , well, that's about as good as it gets for me.

Edited by piano joy (01/12/13 01:04 PM)

#2013442 - 01/12/13 01:19 PM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: piano joy]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ireland (ex England)
'Knock, knock'
- who's there?
'Salmon'
- salmon who?
'Salmon chanted evening...'

Sorry, I'll go away...

#2013476 - 01/12/13 02:27 PM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
Greener Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014

Loc: Toronto
Thanks for that, Richard. Added to my Arsenal laugh

I just realized the dancing and choreography is a big part of the entertainment in musicals for me. Superb singing is wonderful in itself, but if there is clever choreography added , well, that's about as good as it gets for me.

Well then, I can't resist ...

#2013484 - 01/12/13 02:41 PM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: zrtf90]
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: zrtf90
'Knock, knock'
- who's there?
'Salmon'
- salmon who?
'Salmon chanted evening...'

Sorry, I'll go away...

ai, ai , ai !

note to Greener : ok, I watched the whole 5+ minutes...
nice song, I've heard it before and....NO DANCING!
so, I give it a B at best. smile

Tonight, I see Wicked for the 2nd time. Let's see if I like it any better than the first time (thought it was OK only).

#2013604 - 01/12/13 06:37 PM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: TrapperJohn]
rnaple Offline

That's brilliant Ron thumb
...you're a genius!

I got that from the internet. Do I get any points for agreeing with it enough to rewrite it? Doh!

#2013816 - 01/13/13 08:20 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

pj - nice post of "Somewhere" from WSS - I had forgotten about that lovely song...and yes, it's Natalie Wood (she of "Miracle on 34th Street" fame), but I forget who did her singing for her...just one more reason why "stars" shouldn't be used in musical movies...it's bad enough when most of them do sing, but it's really phoney when someone else has to sing for them while they fake it...

Greener - good hearing the "Dames" song again (although I'm not too sure how politically correct the term dames is anymore, but it sure sounds better than "There is Nothing Like a Person of the Female Gender") laugh

Ron - even if you did get it from the internet it takes a genius to find it and to recognize it for it's worth and truth, and to post it in the appropriate place - and then to "fess up" about the whole thing smile

Richard - that's so bad it's almost good - laughed in spite of myself (and that hurts...)

This is not an "exciting" video, but it is still the best version of this wonderful R & H ballad Salmon Chanted Evening Some Enchanted Evening from "South Pacific" that I've ever heard - all Perry ever did was smile and stand back and sing his heart out - he didn't have to do any more with this one:

Edited by TrapperJohn (01/13/13 10:09 AM)

#2013865 - 01/13/13 10:48 AM Re: Rather OT....but been discussed before here... [Re: rnaple]
rnaple Offline

Here's a very interesting one I think you all would like...

Gee.... I remember Perry Como was huge. Here's a different take on; Some Enchanted Evening. Notice Reba all Goo Goo eyed. She really is cute. Brian is one I want to see in person.

EDIT: Thought you all would appreciate this comment that accompanied a YT of Philip Quast singing Stars...funny...but true...

I don't care if Crowe doesn't have a "Broadway" voice, as long as he can sing with feeling and nuance. The dude basically mooed like a cow through his songs and showed NO understanding of his character's motivations. If you didn't know anything about the show before seeing the movie, you'd have no idea why Javert was obsessed with Valjean or why he killed himself. Crowe was horribly miscast here.

Edited by rnaple (01/13/13 11:32 AM)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Interview with Leon Fleisher
by vlhorowitz
2 minutes 21 seconds ago
by vlhorowitz
3 minutes 7 seconds ago
by vlhorowitz
3 minutes 43 seconds ago
First sonata
by amt976
51 minutes 9 seconds ago
Is it necessary a classic base to play virtuosic jazz ?
by Nahum
Today at 03:18 AM
Who's Online
74 registered (alexbergauer, Barly, AliAlkhiro, amt976, Anne H, 15 invisible), 1030 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76384 Members
42 Forums
157911 Topics
2319093 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission