Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2012538 - 01/10/13 11:45 PM Feurich - Which company is authentic
Yaoa Offline

I live for a limited time in mainland China and am looking for a piano for our family. I wanted to find something that we can take home when when we return (Italy). We looked at local pianos and found a German brand that is made with the help of a Chinese factory. When I researched the brand, I got confused about this brand.

The piano we interestes is the J. Feurich (http://www.juliusfeurich.cn). However, there is also a Feurich piano online (www.feurich.com). We also found out that the there is still the actual family member of the Feurich family alive- Mr. Julius Feurich. In my research, I found another Feurich side (www.jf-pianos.com). Can anyone help?

What is the resale value for Feurich? What are your recommendations?

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#2012561 - 01/11/13 12:40 AM Re: Feurich - Which company is authentic [Re: Yaoa]
beethoven986 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Yaoa

The piano we interestes is the J. Feurich (http://www.juliusfeurich.cn).

These are made in China and are copies of Feurich designs, as far as I know, but there's not much to go on. However, I will say that it looks legitimate because of the photo on this page: http://www.juliusfeurich.cn/Phoenix.html. The two gentleman (left and middle) are Richard Dain, owner of Hurstwood Farm and developer of the much-lauded Phoenix agraffe system, and Geoffrey Sapsford, his piano technician. I've met both of them in the UK, so if they're doing business with these guys, it's legit.

However, there is also a Feurich piano online (www.feurich.com).

These are made by Hailun, in China, for Feurich. They are essentially the same in design and construction as the Hailun pianos.

We also found out that the there is still the actual family member of the Feurich family alive- Mr. Julius Feurich. In my research, I found another Feurich side (www.jf-pianos.com).

Feurich makes 50-60 pianos annually at its factory in Gunzenhausen, Germany. These are the "true" Feurich pianos.

What is the resale value for Feurich? What are your recommendations?

Not something you should worry about too much. Pianos are not good financial investments, regardless of manufacture.
Certified Dampp-Chaser installer

#2012569 - 01/11/13 01:18 AM Re: Feurich - Which company is authentic [Re: beethoven986]
Yaoa Offline

I called the main office of the Julius Feurich Musical Company (the one with the homepage www.juliusfeurich.cn). They were very nice. They said that they are the only company authorized to produce Feurich pianos by the Feurich family. I asked them if the pianos in Europe are from them too? They said that the European Feurich company had stolen ("tricked") the name of the piano from the Feurich family and that there is no connection between the tradition of Feurich pianos and the European Feurich company?! They also told me to call Mr. Feurich in Germany. Not sure if I will do that but appreciated the offer. I also found another Feurich website: www.feurichusa.com.

#2012573 - 01/11/13 01:30 AM Re: Feurich - Which company is authentic [Re: beethoven986]
Yaoa Offline

Beethoven- thank you for your reply.

Originally Posted By: beethoven986
[quote=Yaoa]
The piano we interestes is the J. Feurich (http://www.juliusfeurich.cn).

These are made in China and are copies of Feurich designs, as far as I know, but there's not much to go on. However, I will say that it looks legitimate because of the photo on this page: http://www.juliusfeurich.cn/Phoenix.html. The two gentleman (left and middle) are Richard Dain, owner of Hurstwood Farm and developer of the much-lauded Phoenix agraffe system, and Geoffrey Sapsford, his piano technician. I've met both of them in the UK, so if they're doing business with these guys, it's legit.

From my conversation with the Shanghai Office it seems they have had for many years cooperation with Feurich family.

However, there is also a Feurich piano online (www.feurich.com).

These are made by Hailun, in China, for Feurich. They are essentially the same in design and construction as the Hailun pianos.

Is this all one company that is owned by the Feurich family and they are outsourcing but controlling the product? We were thinking of buying an upright piano but the prices are very affordable and we could also consider a grand piano. We did not play a grand piano (the shop has only uprights) but I compared the European product and the Chinese one. They are different sizes (172 and 178). Anyone have any experience with these two instruments?

]

#2012575 - 01/11/13 01:38 AM Re: Feurich - Which company is authentic [Re: Yaoa]
musicpassion Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: California, USA
. They are different sizes (172 and 178). Anyone have any experience with these two instruments?

If I have been able to follow product lines correctly, yes. I've spent a considerable amount of time playing a Wendl and Lung 178. It also came out of the Hailun factory, and I think Wendl and Lung was bought out by Feurich?

Anyway, the Wendl and Lung was an excellent piano. I prefer the tone over a Yamaha C3, but I prefer the touch on most Yamaha grands. In my opinion the Hailun built pianos are a solid entry into their market segment.

#2012577 - 01/11/13 01:40 AM Re: Feurich - Which company is authentic [Re: Yaoa]
beethoven986 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I called the main office of the Julius Feurich Musical Company (the one with the homepage www.juliusfeurich.cn). They were very nice. They said that they are the only company authorized to produce Feurich pianos by the Feurich family. I asked them if the pianos in Europe are from them too? They said that the European Feurich company had stolen ("tricked") the name of the piano from the Feurich family and that there is no connection between the tradition of Feurich pianos and the European Feurich company?! They also told me to call Mr. Feurich in Germany. Not sure if I will do that but appreciated the offer.

From Larry Fine's current issue of PianoBuyer, page 164: "In 1995 Feurich opened a new factory in Gunzenhausen, Germany. Under the direction of Julius Feurich, the fifth generation, the family-owned company is once again building its own pianos, and is currently making about 50 to 60 high-quality instruments per year in two sizes of grand and two sizes of vertical. All pianos and parts are made in Germany."

From the spring, 2012 issue, page 49: "FEURICH (NINGBO) PIANOS are a new range of models resulting from the merger of Wendl & Lung, of Vienna, Austria, and Feurich, a very-small-production German company. These less-expensive instruments (three grand and three upright sizes are currently offered), formerly marketed under the Wendl & Lung brand, are built at the Hailun factory in Ningbo, China, and supplement the traditional series of Feurich pianos, which continue to be produced exclusively in Gunzenhausen, Germany."

Whoever queried your call was either mistaken, or lied to you, or you misunderstood what the representative said. Feurich also makes its own instruments in Germany, and also has Chinese-built instruments from Hailun. This is verifiable fact!

I also found another Feurich website: www.feurichusa.com.

FeurichUSA is the distributor for the Hailun-made Feurich pianos in the USA.
Certified Dampp-Chaser installer

#2012580 - 01/11/13 01:48 AM Re: Feurich - Which company is authentic [Re: beethoven986]
Yaoa Offline

Beethoven- thank you.

Can anyone comment if they have experienced the Feurich 172 and the Feurich 178? What are the differences?

Would be very interested to try them.

#2013835 - 01/13/13 09:27 AM Re: Feurich - Which company is authentic [Re: Yaoa]
BoseEric Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Fairfield County, CT
Wow, gone for a couple of days and I miss this!

Rather than take the space here, you can read about the current state of Feurich pianos here.

#2013838 - 01/13/13 09:31 AM Re: Feurich - Which company is authentic [Re: Yaoa]
BoseEric Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Fairfield County, CT
The Feurich model 178 and 172 are two completely different instruments.

The 178 one of our Innovative Production models, made to our specifications by Hailun. The 172 is completely Made In Germany and costs about double the price of the 178.

They are both great pianos but with very different sound. The 172 I have is beautiful and sweet sounding with great sustain. It is not a powerhouse piano in the more European tradition. Unlike the 178, it does not have a duplex scale, so the tone color is quite different.

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piece ID
by IstvánE
09/21/14 10:14 PM
Pre purchase inspection
by mellie62
09/21/14 10:00 PM
Do Parents want to hear the truth anymore?
by chasingrainbows
09/21/14 09:28 PM
DEBUSSY- 'The terrace for moonlit audiences'
by Hal Freedman
09/21/14 07:49 PM
Baldwin PS2500 ram battery
by mooh320ps
09/21/14 07:47 PM
Who's Online
83 registered (alfredo capurso, AZ_Astro, beet31425, AmateurBob, 18 invisible), 879 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76281 Members
42 Forums
157681 Topics
2316075 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission