Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2012746 - 01/11/13 12:01 PM Anyone Ever Order a Digital PIano from Kraft Music?
newbert Offline

Loc: Upstate New York, USA
I'm almost ready to purchase a Digital Piano (Yamaha DGX640) and see that my local dealer can't match the prices online. (He doesn't seem to know too much about some of his inventory either and can't really provided effective support). So, I'm considering purchasing from Kraft Music. I'm wondering whether anyone has ordered a DP from them? If so, how was the shopping experience? I see that they get excellent reviews at ResellerRatings.com, but that doesn't always mean much.

Also, How is their after-sale support? Will they help with difficulties encountered in learning the various functions of the DP or it's UI?

Thanks!

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Kawai Superb Stage Piano and Controller

Click Here

#2012750 - 01/11/13 12:07 PM Re: Anyone Ever Order a Digital PIano from Kraft Music? [Re: newbert]
D7K Offline

I ordered my p105 from them (they had a great price right before Christmas on the kit I wanted) and I'd give them five stars. I buy lots of stuff online and would rate them at the top. I did a few weeks of research, went into to a few stores (where the service was just plain "I don't care". I sent some emails to Kraft with the same questions and got really good replies.

While not my most expensive online purchase (I buy a lot of camera gear), I was really looking to use Amazon Prime, but the reviews for Kraft and my experience with them by email made me choose them for the purchase. I'd certainly choose them again and was told I could call or email with any questions.

#2012816 - 01/11/13 01:38 PM Re: Anyone Ever Order a Digital PIano from Kraft Music? [Re: newbert]
boyonahill Offline

Loc: Europe
Originally Posted By: newbert
I'm almost ready to purchase a Digital Piano (Yamaha DGX640) and see that my local dealer can't match the prices online. (He doesn't seem to know too much about some of his inventory either and can't really provided effective support). So, I'm considering purchasing from Kraft Music. I'm wondering whether anyone has ordered a DP from them? If so, how was the shopping experience? I see that they get excellent reviews at ResellerRatings.com, but that doesn't always mean much.

Also, How is their after-sale support? Will they help with difficulties encountered in learning the various functions of the DP or it's UI?

Thanks!

Bert, I usually think like you regarding price - mostly when I buy computer hardware etc..

But since I got quite a good experience in my local shop where I could test different digital pianos etc I will probably buy from them even if they are circa 70 EUR more expensive than online sellers. Why, well if I don't support them they might disappear, and finding the right instrument is easily worth 5% or whatnot of the transaction price.

Another reason to purchase a digital piano locally is in case of warranty repair, I'll just drive down to the shop, instead of paying for expensive (and potentially for the piano dangerous) shipping.

If Kraft gives extensive after purchase support, other than say warranty repairs, I must say I'm impressed, since low prices should mean less money and time for those things.

#2012860 - 01/11/13 02:25 PM Re: Anyone Ever Order a Digital PIano from Kraft Music? [Re: newbert]
Kbeaumont Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
I don't know about Kraft but Sweetwater.com has awesome support. They have a 2 year warranty on top of the manufacturers. Anything goes wrong they replace it and have never charged me shipping. I had a Roland Juno-D synth become a brick after installing Rolands updated firmware according to their instructions. Rowland would not cover it, Sweetwater sent me a new board and a shipping label to send the bad one back. All free of charge!

They call it the Sweetwater Difference

I have never been sorry buying from them.

Edited by Kbeaumont (01/11/13 02:27 PM)

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
105 registered (anotherscott, AlanSanDiego, accordeur, 38 invisible), 1291 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157224 Topics
2309199 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Blac
by Aviram
09/01/14 11:56 PM
Blackbird - Piano Cover - The Beatles
by Aviram
09/01/14 11:49 PM
Kawai CA95 Recordings
by wolferblade
09/01/14 11:32 PM
soviet upright piano "LIRICS"
by Maximillyan
09/01/14 11:22 PM
Question about 1975 Steinway L
by mahlers2nd
09/01/14 09:02 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission