Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
111 registered (accordeur, anamnesis, Almaviva, Anita Potter, ando, 33 invisible), 1347 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 214 of 244 < 1 2 ... 212 213 214 215 216 ... 243 244 >
Topic Options
#2010625 - 01/07/13 02:11 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Wow Recaredo, you are lucky no kings gave me any tablets this christmas, nor at any other time, I have to go out and buy my own, but I am quite lucky as I have a friend who sells me tablets and he only lives 20 mins drive away and sells me them at cost.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2010692 - 01/07/13 04:37 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
I encourage you to get one of these devices, Rossy. Tablets are amazing to watch concerts on the Internet, while you are sat on a comfortable couch. For this reason I'm looking for a parametric equalizer under Android. I'm a bit fussy about sound when I'm listening to music.

My website

#2011018 - 01/08/13 06:41 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Originally Posted By: griffin2417

TJ is Trapper John. Trap graces us with his posts quite often.

Yes I am, and no I don't - just once in a while when I find an exceptional musical video that I want to share with those who, in spite of their previous misjudgments, have the potential to be convinced through reason and by impeccable examples of the essential error of their ways...

He never gives up on trying to convince me that Alison Kraus should have been on my list of 8 songs I'd take with me if I were trapped (pun intended) on a desert island. wink

Here's a "simple gift" for you Grif - enjoy:

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#2011043 - 01/08/13 07:57 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
Yes Richard, every morning I get up and read myself into wakefulness! Usually with fuzzy socks on and never without tea! LOL

Any of you guys hear of Lindsey Sterling? She's a really neat violin player (two of our kids just love her.) She's co-starring with the piano guys!

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#2011081 - 01/08/13 09:11 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Bowie has released a new album! Gotta love the guy! smile

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#2011091 - 01/08/13 09:38 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Ahhh, a new Piano Guys upload. Wonderful! Lindsey is sweet too. Mmmm....

#2011108 - 01/08/13 10:27 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: BeccaBb]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: BeccaBb

Any of you guys hear of Lindsey Sterling? She's a really neat violin player (two of our kids just love her.) She's co-starring with the piano guys!

She's really good - also, check out Jon's daughter singing in the "Where Are You Christmas?" vid selectable at the very end...

#2011356 - 01/08/13 05:28 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

unfortunately Beccs, our radio 2 station has spent most of this week completely slagging off Bowies latest single from this album, and have used every opportunity to mention that after ten years abstinance from music making in general that we should expect something better from Bowie.

I will have to give the album a good listen, but as far as the single is concerned I have to agree with the consensus of opinion from our airwaves, it is a lamentable single.

It isnt that bowie is hitting any bum notes ( as sir paul did on his last tour which they have also mentioned big time saying its time macartney packed it in) it isnt that the production is weak.

It is merely that the single is ( to be very kind) lack lustre, non discript, boring and has none of the magic one would expect from the duke.

Its a good job we were not expecting anything of the calibre of Ziggy, aladin sane or even changes, this freshly released single is morbidly anerexic in its content and impact and is going down like a lead balloon over here.

Yes, Bowie has nothing to prove, but if he was considering selling this single he will be very very dissapointed.

Well below par.

Edited by Rostosky (01/08/13 05:35 PM)
Edit Reason: I TAKE THIS ALL BACK OF COURSE IF IT TRANSPIRES THAT BOWIE HAS FOUND OUT HE HAS A TERMINAL ILLNESS.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#2011364 - 01/08/13 05:42 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Ah the overkill by radio technique! They do that here all the time too! I know it's not his best but I'm just thrilled he's putting out a new album. smile

I seen that video, Trap, I just didn't realize it was his daughter! I think I'll have to rewatch it.

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#2011367 - 01/08/13 05:46 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: BeccaBb]
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Florida
Rossy, I don't believe Bowie is terminally ill, but he turned 66 years old today ......

#2011396 - 01/08/13 07:07 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Densi826 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom But its not rea...
Just in case you miss it a little justification for my previous comments on my last post.

To finish off on Rossy's anti-jazz buffoonery all crackpot ideas deserve and demand ridicule and its all good. Its just something that I have no interest in.

smile

#2011493 - 01/08/13 11:52 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Wow, you all were busy little posters this weekend! Sorry I missed it.

Rossy, did you see that you missed DCD in October? They were in London and Ireland. You could have stopped in one of Richard's pubs and drank amaretto.

Richard, glad you liked the Kennedy Center stuff. And great posts from you and Griffin.

PJ, Kool and the Gang? For you? I'm worried!

Becca, thanks for the Bowie - I hadn't heard it yet. I think he is going into easy listening mode, or having some sort of life crisis. The video was creepy!

Rupak, I love Yuja Wang. Her technique is deadly, and I love her guts. Last year she wore a tiny orange 80's dress to play Rachmaninov's 3rd at the Hollywood Bowl and caused a huge ruckus in certain circles. I thought it was appropriate, since it was August and in LA.
Actually, her performance Stravinsky's Petrushka was one of the things that made me want to take up lessons.

TJ, liked the Yo-yo and Alison.

#2011494 - 01/08/13 11:55 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

I was on a Tom Waits kick this week. While looking for one thing on YouTube, I found something I wasn't looking for, and I love it.

If you watch his own video, he really does move like Cookie Monster.

#2011568 - 01/09/13 05:50 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ireland (ex England)
I haven't posted any Yasmin Levy all year!

#2011569 - 01/09/13 05:51 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

I was disappointed to find my Monteverdi post from Sunday has been removed from YouTube for copyright reasons. For those catching up midweek here's a shorter, but extant, version of the opening.

#2011614 - 01/09/13 08:58 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: AimeeO]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: AimeeO

TJ, liked the Yo-yo and Alison.

Yes - but what's not to like, huh?

The key question is will Griffin not only like it but profit from it? I can sense a slight wavering of his resolve with regard to his desert island decision... smile

#2011807 - 01/09/13 04:47 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
I'm here lurking folks wink I'd rather listen to AimeeO's Tom Waites/Cookie Monster mashup, than David Bowie's new single, (what a load of sh*te) @ 66yrs, you'd av thought he'd pulled out all the stops and produced something decent!

#2011932 - 01/09/13 09:28 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Florida
AimeeO, I love young Miss Wang's piano abilities- so jealous!
I remember that dress....had no problem with her wearing it, I only recall I didn't care for the actual style- it looked tacky to me. I'd have picked something as sexy, but with class.
Cookie Monster let me down big time! (ha).

Mr. you-know-who-you-are, I have never heard of Yasmin Levy; should I have? ( you know I like that name, however!)

Becca- thanks for the piano guys/Lindsey video- great music and very creative! I think violin may be my most favorite instrument, next to piano.

And, a cheery wave to everyone else!

And, now an old, old song for no particular reason a'tall other than I came across it on You Tube :

Edited by piano joy (01/09/13 09:36 PM)

#2012010 - 01/10/13 01:10 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Greetings everyone. Sorry I haven't had any time since returning to work. It's rough catching up after a long vacation. However, you'll hear more from me this weekend when I'll have more time to listen to all of these postings.

TJ, I definitely loved the Alison Kraus and Yo-Yo Ma. Simple Gifts is also a favorite of mine. I'll have further things to say about it when the work week ends. I must be off to bed. Another early morning start for me.

Good night!

#2012184 - 01/10/13 10:08 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: wayne33yrs
I'm here lurking folks wink I'd rather listen to AimeeO's Tom Waites/Cookie Monster mashup, than David Bowie's new single, (what a load of sh*te) @ 66yrs, you'd av thought he'd pulled out all the stops and produced something decent!

My sentiments exactly wayne, radio stations here are taking the attitude that because of who he is and what he has done in the past ,this must be a good single... even going as far as saying in some cases that it needs a few listens..... I gave it four listens and it still isnt speaking to me like Bowie often has.

It doesnt matter who you are or what you have done, a single has to stand on its own merit and not on past glories?

Its dire, I would nearly rather listen to jazz, but not quite.
I would rather listen to the dog whinging because I am not sharing my bacon sarnie.

#2012249 - 01/10/13 12:51 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

TJ, I definitely loved the Alison Kraus and Yo-Yo Ma. Simple Gifts is also a favorite of mine. I'll have further things to say about it when the work week ends.

"Work week? What's a work week...?" said the retired gentleman of leisure, as he putted for a birdie on the 18th green... laugh

Or, as the Countess Dowager (Maggie Smith), who had never logged a work week in her priviledged life, said on an early episode of "Downton Abbey" when someone mentioned relaxing on the weekend: "Weekend? What's a weekend?"

#2012254 - 01/10/13 01:05 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Densi826 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom But its not rea...
Just spent a few delightful hours in a pub which had the new Bowie playing i I have a feeling it might grow on me. Also playing was Tom Waits, Nick Cave Kylie Minogue, Lenard Cohen and Nick Drake which sparked off an interesting and moving conversation as the person I was with had either known him or met him.

As Charlie Parker once said "If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn "

#2012336 - 01/10/13 04:08 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: piano joy]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: piano joy
I have never heard of Yasmin Levy; should I have?
Yasmin Levy was the second posting in this thread from Mr. Who-am-I?-What's-my-name?-Where-do-I-come-from?-I'm-not-having-an-identity-crisis!

#2012974 - 01/11/13 05:25 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

PJ, I didn't like the orange dress personally, but I thought it was very LA 80's-ish. Sometimes she looks very metal when playing, and her hair is flying like a headbanger's, so it kind of worked for me(but you're right, it's not a pretty dress). Props to her for bucking the system! I'm sure she's tired of being in gowns all the time.
I do remember what I wore at her age, and sometimes I made atrocious choices.

TJ, do you think your plan to win over Griffin is working?

I miss the old Bowie.
Here's the Man Who Sold Himself in better days.

Edited by AimeeO (01/11/13 05:27 PM)

#2013000 - 01/11/13 06:01 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Four listens Rossy, you're a stronger man than I wink Hey'up folks, gonna give your YT posts a listen now, cheer's guys, looking forward to Yasmin Levy, might do that one first on YT, love n peace to all, bk soon smile

#2013003 - 01/11/13 06:17 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Not that keen on Richards Yasmin Levy, not sure if it was a story about being lost, (glad I'm found), Loved Densi's vid, smile Gonna give AimeeO's Bowies vid a listen now smile

#2013018 - 01/11/13 06:45 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Not bad for Bowie, cheers AimeeO, his original stuff was certainly the better smile

#2013047 - 01/11/13 07:32 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I got you PJ smile

#2013062 - 01/11/13 08:04 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: TrapperJohn]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Originally Posted By: TrapperJohn

TJ, I definitely loved the Alison Kraus and Yo-Yo Ma. Simple Gifts is also a favorite of mine. I'll have further things to say about it when the work week ends.

"Work week? What's a work week...?" said the retired gentleman of leisure, as he putted for a birdie on the 18th green... laugh

Or, as the Countess Dowager (Maggie Smith), who had never logged a work week in her priviledged life, said on an early episode of "Downton Abbey" when someone mentioned relaxing on the weekend: "Weekend? What's a weekend?"

"Not so fast TJ," said the short timer who has just announced his retirement to start late this spring of 2013!! yippie It's now official. Griffin will soon be a retiree!! No golfing for me, however. Bicycling is what I have in mind!

Edited by griffin2417 (01/11/13 08:47 PM)

#2013075 - 01/11/13 08:39 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

"Not so fast TJ," said the short timer who has just announced his retirement to start late this spring of 2013!!!

It's now official. Griffin will soon be a retired gentleman of leisure as well! Now golfing for me, however. Bicycling is what I have in mind! yippie

Congrats Grif! thumb

RGOL status is cool...you've earned it and deserve it!

And biking is good - my wife and I do it every Sunday afternoon on old converted rail trails...when it's warm enough...she's faster than me with more endurance, which is why I prefer to play golf smile

Page 214 of 244 < 1 2 ... 212 213 214 215 216 ... 243 244 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Just Tuned a 1960's Kranich and Bach Studio upright
by Paul678
12/22/14 09:18 PM
How to learn everything and anything about piano?
by MrMusicianship
12/22/14 07:22 PM
is my piano tunable
by d3c0
12/22/14 05:45 PM
SSHD running VST
by daz100
12/22/14 05:01 PM
do you recommend further service?
by ShannonG
12/22/14 04:34 PM
Forum Stats
77398 Members
42 Forums
160070 Topics
2350690 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission