Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
65 registered (bennevis, Al LaPorte, Artur Gajewski, AndyJoe, barbaram, 19 invisible), 1196 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 115 of 246 < 1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 245 246 >
Topic Options
#2007345 - 01/01/13 06:30 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
torquenale Offline

Loc: Italy
My AOTW: join PW and sign up for MOYD 2013.

It's a wonderful and supportive community, I'm so glad to be here!

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2007390 - 01/01/13 09:14 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: torquenale]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Welcome Torquenale.

Congratulations on finding PW, MOYD, and this thread. That's three achievements and its only the first day of the year!

How long have you been playing and what kind of music do you like?

Estonia L190 #7284

#2007399 - 01/01/13 09:56 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
bessel Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA

Happy Birthday (belated) FarmGirl, and Happy New Year, all of you!

I like the AOTY idea... my keyboard time has been very limited lately, but on that longer timescale, I'd say my AOTY has been to learn Fur Elise, which was my first piece not written, I think, explicitly for "beginners". Also my first from my favorite composer, Beethoven. Hopefully not my last. smile

I'm not sure where 2013 will take me, piano-wise... I have one classical piece I'm working on, a couple more in my sights, but also just got a couple blues-piano books (one of them based on recommendations from you all!) that I'm very interested in working through... so looks like it may turn into a smorgasbord.

Happy playing, everyone! I hope 2013 treats you all well.

#2007426 - 01/01/13 11:28 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
torquenale Offline

Hi JimF!
I took piano lessons when I was 12-15 year old, but I did not practice much (volleyball and swimming were in the way), so my parents stopped paying for it and gave back the rented piano.
I started again in september 2011 because my husband bought a digital piano for me to start again (he plays saxophones, mainly tenor) and for one of the children, who wanted to learn!
So I'm studying with a teacher and very happy. I'm 43 so I can negotiate with her repertoire to learn. I love playing classical music, so far no R&B duets with mu husband.
I love Bach (working on Invention n. 8 - almost OK), Scarlatti (Sonata K78 - still much to do on it), Chopin (Prelude n. 20 op. 28 in c minor); my teacher insist that I have to play Schumann (album for the young), but I try it very hard (working 6 months on May, Sweet May and still sucks).
Unfortunately my job and my family are always in the way, so I can't practice a lot (especially now that both the children study piano I have to negotiate my time late in the evening).
I'll keep you posted with my next achievement!

Happy piano in 2013!

#2007505 - 01/01/13 03:02 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Learned HS of Snowflake Rag @ tempo and the RH part of Vivace in cut time and part of the LH but not at tempo yet.wow

Signed up for MOYD13

I found Snowflake Rag is based heavily on a simple chromatic scale and was pretty easy to do BTW

Edited by Ragdoll (01/01/13 03:13 PM)

Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

#2007520 - 01/01/13 03:33 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
Here is my accomplishment of the moment:
http://youtu.be/fUDrn2dTDas

We emailed the link out to everyone as a Happy New Year greeting for 2013.
Happy New Year to all of you too!!!

#2007542 - 01/01/13 03:50 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: malkin]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Good job malkin, I've never played a rag as a duet before. Makes you really pay attention to your timing eh?

Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

#2007561 - 01/01/13 04:28 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Liverpool, England
Wow, you've all done so well! Toastie well done for reaching grade 1! That's very quick.

Happy New Year to all.

I haven't played much over the holiday as the lady next door is very touchy at Xmas so didn't want to upset her. So no acievements to report.

Edited by EdwardianPiano (01/01/13 04:29 PM)

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2007640 - 01/01/13 07:44 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
JimF, BeccaBb and Bessel ,
Thanks for the birthday wishes. Happy new year
Solo - Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Schumann Op 12 Warum and Grillen and Mozart K 475 Fantasy C minor
Collaboration - Concerto in C for Oboe and orchestra attributed to Haydn edited by Evelyn Rosewell

#2007752 - 01/02/13 12:30 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: malkin]
HalfStep Offline

Loc: Boston, MA
Originally Posted By: malkin
Here is my accomplishment of the moment:
http://youtu.be/fUDrn2dTDas

We emailed the link out to everyone as a Happy New Year greeting for 2013.
Happy New Year to all of you too!!!

That was great! Not only did it sound good but it looks like you're having a grand time smile

#2008016 - 01/02/13 02:46 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
bobby smith Offline

Loc: Carlsbad Ca
My teacher told me to go get the level 3 book! I was working in level 1.

bobby

#2008046 - 01/02/13 03:28 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Malkin - Great job on the duet! What fun. You guys never missed a beat.

bobby - Skipping a book? Terrific! Don't you love it when someone, especially your teacher, recognizes your progress?

Estonia L190 #7284

#2008083 - 01/02/13 04:39 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: JimF]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted By: JimF
Malkin - Great job on the duet! What fun. You guys never missed a beat.

That take was kind of a miracle!

#2008094 - 01/02/13 04:56 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
WelshMikey Offline

Loc: Wales
My AOTW is my first improvisation, using simple techniques learnt from yoke wong and by useing chord progressions from pieces i already play I was able to play for several hours in total just improvising - my beat needs more variety but im sure I will improve as I learn new techniques and practice more.

Edited by WelshMikey (01/02/13 05:12 PM)

#2008609 - 01/03/13 03:27 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: WelshMikey]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
I had my first piano lesson in a month due to holiday vacations. It sure was good to get back to "work". My teacher was pleased with the fact that the Chopin nocturne and the Bach prelude were both learned and memorized. Of course, now the real work begins! Both pieces have a long way to go to be played to her satisfaction.

I did something I have never done before, and told her about the AFB quarterly recitals. I asked if she could help me polish something for February. She really liked the idea, and decided the Bach prelude would be the best choice. Now she wants me to send her recordings each week, so we can go over them at the lesson. Eeeek! I find the polishing stage of mastering a piece the hardest, so it is wonderful to get her help. I am a little nervous about such close scrutiny, but I asked for it!

European Piano Party July 4, 2015 in Switzerland!

#2009906 - 01/06/13 09:11 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Sand Tiger Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
Week 43: I accomplish my first goal for the new year, which was to set up the piano keyboard in a permanent spot. It was a major undertaking. I got rid of 20% of my clothes, and 20% of the other junk to make it happen. One hurdle is that the new spot on a desk is much higher that the x-stand. So I needed to fashion a booster seat out of a cardboard box (pillows were not high enough) so I could reach the keys. Anyway, I will be looking for a stool or better booster or something, but it makes a huge difference not having to pull the keyboard out from under the bed and set it up on stand every time I want to play.

I am into week 2 for Canon in D. The four-part traditional chamber arrangement in ABC notation is tough to work with, but then so would any printed score for me. I download a couple of performance versions as well as a couple of tutorials. Pachelbel's work might be the most arranged piece ever on piano. Some arrangers do a good job, some not so good.

I found one version under 2 minutes, many more at 4 minutes, and some longer. For my arrangement I think I will aim at 3 minutes. The fast notes are going to be a hurdle, so I may take them at 2/3 speed or less. I am a beginner still. Fast notes were always a difficulty for me on whistle and near impossible for me on flute. For my own music, I sometimes create the illusion of speed with a change in tempo. Speaking of whistle, I am getting close to my arrangement for In Dreams (from the Lord of the Rings). Like so much else, it sounds like music, but isn't performance ready.

I attended a concert for organ and trumpet. The trumpet has always had an appeal to me, something about the tone and timbre.

I hope everyone has a good week and gets back to it. I am sure many had limited time during the holiday period.

I found a quote from John Coltrane which I identify with and included it in my goals for 2013:
My music is a spiritual expression of who I am.

I am going to get there on piano. It is a long road to be sure, but I have glimpsed it, approached it, on whistle and in my songwriting (10+ years).

#2009936 - 01/06/13 10:56 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Excited for tomorrow's lesson. It's been almost a month, with holidays and the Muse concert I attended earlier. But I have three pieces to present to my teacher!

#2009990 - 01/06/13 01:11 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Sand Tiger]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Sand Tiger
Week 43: I accomplish my first goal for the new year, which was to set up the piano keyboard in a permanent spot. It was a major undertaking. I got rid of 20% of my clothes, and 20% of the other junk to make it happen. One hurdle is that the new spot on a desk is much higher that the x-stand. So I needed to fashion a booster seat out of a cardboard box (pillows were not high enough) so I could reach the keys. Anyway, I will be looking for a stool or better booster or something, but it makes a huge difference not having to pull the keyboard out from under the bed and set it up on stand every time I want to play.

Woohoo! Very happy for you on this. I know it's been a long-standing logistical nightmare that has held you back, so it's great to see it resolved -- particular since it was not at all trivial to reach this point.

I am into week 2 for Canon in D. The four-part traditional chamber arrangement in ABC notation is tough to work with, but then so would any printed score for me.

Where do you stand at this point in terms of your level of desire to learn to read music more effectively?

FWIW -- I think it would be tremendously helpful to you and I would encourage you to make it a priority. You can come at it systematically, building up individual skills of note identification, key signatures, intervals, and chords with these exercises: www.musictheory.net/exercises/

I think this approach might make it seem less overwhelming.

I treat it like a video game to get my competitive juices flowing -- trying to get a better accuracy %, or do x number of exercises in a certain timeframe, etc. -- to make it not feel so dreary and to keep the focus on both speed and accuracy.

It's really just pattern recognition. Repetition will help you start to get the natural communication and aptitude that you already have between your ears and your fingers to exist with the printed page as well.

I would avoid the ABC stuff like the plague. It's just time invested in something that is a dead end in terms of communicating (in both directions... i.e. sharing your compositions as well) with most of the rest of the musical world.

Working on: my aversion to practicing in front of my wife

1978 Vose & Sons spinet "Rufus"
1914 Huntington upright "Mabel"

XXIX-XXXII

#2010002 - 01/06/13 01:36 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Sand Tiger]
Exalted Wombat Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: London UK
I am into week 2 for Canon in D. The four-part traditional chamber arrangement in ABC notation is tough to work with, but then so would any printed score for me.

If "ABC notation" means what I think it does, the question must be "For G**ds sake, why?" ! It's a complete dead-end.

#2010050 - 01/06/13 02:28 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Sand Tiger]
torquenale Offline

The four-part traditional chamber arrangement in ABC notation is tough to work with,

what is it ABC notation???

#2010052 - 01/06/13 02:30 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Exalted Wombat]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Exalted Wombat

If "ABC notation" means what I think it does, the question must be "For G**ds sake, why?" ! It's a complete dead-end.

E. Wombat, I love it when you stop in here!

#2010054 - 01/06/13 02:32 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
FWIW I use abc notation often.

To each their own, eh?

Cathy

#2010080 - 01/06/13 03:04 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Exalted Wombat]
Sand Tiger Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California

I like ABC notation. As for being a dead end, it has gotten me to the point of writing crowd pleasing music and now learning my third instrument. I have written moving original music, performed it live, transcribed it, printed it in traditional dots and lines format. If it doesn't work for you, fine. It works well for me.

I tend to think that for me, learning traditional sightreading is mostly a waste of my time and energy. Sure, I could do it, but in the same time that it will take me to reach the sightreading competency of the average second-year piano student, I can write dozens of new original pieces. Pieces, which I perform in public for live audiences. Audiences that enjoy my music. What is the "end" that you speak of? And how will spinning my wheels on something I have little aptitude for (traditional sightreading) get me there in a more efficient manner?

My goal:

How does ABC notation detract from that goal? I detest the wet blanket types on the forum. "They" have told me I was wasting my time any number of times and have been proven wrong with my steady progress and still they come at me. "They" tend to see it as "their way or the highway." They are wrong.

As for what it is, the wiki explains it well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abc_music_notation
The wiki explains how chords and other complexities are handled.

/edit to add:
Let me add that I have nothing against sightreading or sight readers. For 80% of beginners it is the most efficient way, the best way. Every beginner should be exposed to traditional sightreading, and see how much sense it makes to them. For the 10% or 20% of us that struggle mightily with traditional sightreading, there are other ways, and ABC notation is one of the more popular alternatives.

ABC is not a good road for those that aspire to learn classical pieces. This might be what the Wombat is writing about. If a person's goal is to play complex classical pieces, ABC is not going to get you there. However, for folk musicians, and those of us that mostly write their own original music, ABC is plenty enough notation. ABC even gives a relatively easy path to converting to traditional dots and lines sheet music for those that want to share their music in that format. Text format means there is no software required beyond a basic text editor.

Edited by Sand Tiger (01/06/13 03:40 PM)

#2010087 - 01/06/13 03:12 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Sand Tiger +1

smile

Cathy

#2010089 - 01/06/13 03:16 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: torquenale]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: torquenale
The four-part traditional chamber arrangement in ABC notation is tough to work with,

what is it ABC notation???

I'm guessing.
The letter names of the notes are written down?
How do chords and rhythms look?

Okay, I read the wikipedia, article, and it makes sense that it was to use ASCII. I've seen this for folk songs too.

I still don't understand how you would render multiple notes and rhythms.

If you love it and it works for you, by all means carry on.

Edited by malkin (01/06/13 03:24 PM)

#2010114 - 01/06/13 04:12 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Sand Tiger]
Exalted Wombat Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: London UK
My goal:

How does ABC notation detract from that goal?

It's making it hard for you to learn Canon in D, something you say you want to do.

Come out into the BIG garden! You've done a lot of the work already, it won't be like starting over.

Sometimes you've just got to trust people who have more experience. Here's an example. I work with a choir. I want them to have the music not just the words. "But I can't read music!" "Never mind! Just use it to see when you come in, whether the next note goes up or down... The words are still there, exactly the same size as on your words sheet!".

You wouldn't BELIEVE the reasons and excuses they came up with! Music was new, and it scared them stiff!

One term later, we're singing harmonies, staggered entries, a lot of them are, if not quite sight-reading, a fair way towards it. They LOVE picking me up - "It's a quarter note, you played an 8th!" "But I thought you couldn't read music?" :-)

#2010212 - 01/06/13 07:46 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

I had a very good day today. I went to a comm college where my teacher teaches. It was her studio class where she let her students play on stage in front of others. I hadn't played on stage for over 20 years for sure. I forgot everything after a couple of chords but recovered (she said it was a good recovery). I basically added some arpeggio in the same key (A major) to get to the next measure that I know. I then decided to play as musical as possible. I thought what the heck I screwed it up already, so i m gonna play the way i would like it to sound. Everyone told me that I was really getting into it as I play more. I thought it went well and happy. The class was great, people played what they have at different point of completion. 4 players were there. 3 were older than me. An older guy played incredible Bach Partita. It was impressive in both technique and musicianship. A lady played Chopin f minor nocturn. It's a difficult piece. She was holding Chopin Ballade. I'm so excited that I can go there every week. What an honor! I told her I will play my Bach too next week. I have to really read the score ( can't keep my eyes off) when I'm playing. But the guy played Bach did it with the book:)
Solo - Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Schumann Op 12 Warum and Grillen and Mozart K 475 Fantasy C minor
Collaboration - Concerto in C for Oboe and orchestra attributed to Haydn edited by Evelyn Rosewell

#2010213 - 01/06/13 07:48 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

I had a very good day today. I went to a comm college where my teacher teaches. It was her studio class where she let her students play on stage in front of others. I hadn't played on stage for over 20 years for sure. I forgot everything after a couple of chords but recovered (she said it was a good recovery). I basically added some arpeggio in the same key (A major) to get to the next measure that I know. I then decided to play as musical as possible. I thought what the heck I screwed it up already, so i m gonna play the way i would like it to sound. Everyone told me that I was really getting into it as I play more. I thought it went well and happy. The class was great, people played what they have at different point of completion. 4 players were there. 3 were older than me. An older guy played incredible Bach Partita. It was impressive in both technique and musicianship. A lady played Chopin f minor nocturn. It's a difficult piece. She was holding Chopin Ballade. I'm so excited that I can go there every week. What an honor! I told her I will play my Bach too next week. I have to really read the score ( can't keep my eyes off) when I'm playing. But the guy played Bach did it with the book:)

#2010349 - 01/07/13 12:59 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Sand Tiger]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

How does ABC notation detract from that goal? I detest the wet blanket types on the forum.

Maybe I'm a wet blanket, I don't know. But it sounds like you've taken offense as you've listed your accomplishments to date without traditional music notation.

The feedback you are getting is not a question of elitism, nobody is looking down their nose at you -- I think you're pretty remarkable, and I'm not just saying that, I've thought so before these last few posts and have said as much (I think) in other threads. Your advice has made a big difference for me in setting my direction going forward, so I hold you in really high regard, FWIW. 'Nuff said on that.

It's just a question of practicality...

My goal:

How does ABC notation detract from that goal?

It's making it hard for you to learn Canon in D, something you say you want to do.

Come out into the BIG garden! You've done a lot of the work already, it won't be like starting over.

That was really my main point at the outset. If you want to communicate with the wider world, in both directions, learning ABC is a very small "garden". If it's important to you to share your talent in writing, and to be able have others share with you on the pieces that are beyond what you are able to handle efficiently by ear (and, not to belabor the point but for the record, I'm completely envious of your capabilities in this department), ABC will not facilitate that except on a very limited basis. This is not going to change either.

But if it's not that important to you, or you just don't want to deal with it, that's your choice of course. Investing the time in ABC though shows that you really do want to communicate in that way...

I think the "wet blankets" really just want to encourage you to give traditional notation more of a chance given your expressed frustrations.

If you have a smartphone and idle time when you are riding the bus, in the doctor's office waiting room, etc. you can mess around with practicing reading without it taking any time at all from your regular stuff.

Working on: my aversion to practicing in front of my wife

1978 Vose & Sons spinet "Rufus"
1914 Huntington upright "Mabel"

XXIX-XXXII

#2010380 - 01/07/13 03:06 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Malkin: loved the duet! What great fun!

Torquendale - yes, saw you over in MOYD and welcome you over here! Welcome indeed to PW - it is a great place!

Bessel - how are you doing with the Blues book? I haven't even looked at it for ages! I got side tracked with getting to know my new teacher. I think I'll probably get back to it in February.

Ragdoll - I just looked up the Snowflake Rag- that's a fun piece, and pretty lively too! Good fun.

EdwardianPiano - I was pretty careful over Christmas too - not that my neighbours get upset, but I do realize how intrusive the sound of my piano must be downstairs. I played ONLY with headphones except for Saturday. I don't care for it, but otherwise I feel too inconsiderate. I'm glad everyone is back to work this week and I can have my fun in the middle of the day!
(ah the joys of an odd schedule!)

Bobby SMith - congrats on your leap forward - how exciting!

WelshMikey - I'm still not much at improvising - but would love to be able to do it. Good for you!

SwissMS, sounds like a great "back to school" lesson for you! And how great that your teacher is so supportive of the ABF recitals! woohoo. You a really playing some lovely pieces these days. I hope we get to hear some of your work soon.

SandTiger - your posts are always interesting. I love the week numbers - great benchmarks, and also something that makes me stop and think...Wow, has it been that long?
As for the discussion on the ABC format... well, whatever works for you. Personally I think it sounds restrictive, but as you say, it does depend on what your goals are. It would seem like extra work to me.
I aree with TallGuy - it isn't a spirit of "elitism" that prompts others to suggest you work on the more standard system --- it is simply an enthusiasm to want to encourage you to open the doors to possibilities.

FarmGirl - wow - that's quite an experience! I don't think I'd do well in that sort of environment - mind you, folks at my level don't really get together for that sort of activity!

My ATOW is that I have the first part of my new barocque piece coming along very smoothly and just about at tempo! It came together very very quickly. The second half is a little harder, but it is coming along.
My German Dances are good enough that I recorded them to be able to sit back and hear where my rough spots are-.... I'm pleased with the progress and really HOPE I can let them go after my lesson this week!!!
My new jazz piece "clicked" a few days ago and is starting to sound better. I also realized I'd been playing a wrong note in one spot and that I'd got the rhythm wrong at one point. While I was frustrated I'd been practicing incorrectly, I'm really pleased I realized it before my lesson and I can work at sorting it out before playing for my teacher.
I'm SO happy to be getting back to lessons, I haven't seen my teacher for a month now!

Page 115 of 246 < 1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 245 246 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Just to say "Hello"
by JennyS
11/27/14 05:33 AM
Dyslexia and reading the rhythm
by Nahum
11/27/14 04:18 AM
Wanted to give jazz a chance, reverting back to classical
by Artur Gajewski
11/27/14 03:31 AM
anyone... listening to Greek Radio?
by Nikolas
11/27/14 12:38 AM
Weber piano sonatas: a "hidden" treasure
by jeffreyjones
11/27/14 12:32 AM
Forum Stats
77065 Members
42 Forums
159390 Topics
2341380 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission