2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
43 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, danno858, 9 invisible), 1,272 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 216 of 370 1 2 214 215 216 217 218 369 370
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Ugly as sin, and the most Epic organ solo of all time starts at 3:03!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Thats amazing quality video from 1973 PPP.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
I've been lurking on this thread ever since Rossy started it. What an amazing array of music I've seen! I can't promise to be witty or clever— in fact I can't promise that I can even embed a video—but I'd like to join.

Here's one of my favorite singers. What a soulful voice, and that harmonica just gives me chills.

Sandy

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
your more than welcome piRround!! The more the merrier!! Welcome and long may you post!

Zrtf90, Excellent Faure post, I am learning a piece by faure at the moment, a duet for four hands, for me and my teacher to play.. For some bizzare reason, it is not comimg easy for me, it looks simple enough, but is proving awkward!!! More practice needed. lol.

I am hoping to get more time to post some music here tommorrow!!

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
George Costanza: A true, and tragically flawed, hero of the modern man.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Greetings everyone! Welcome to the thread piRround (Sandy)! I enjoyed listening to Yvonne Elliman. So glad you joined in the fun of posting your favorite music.

Great postings today! Thanks Richard, Recaredo, and PPP. I will have a few postings shortly. I've had to cut back on my posting time because I am pressed for time at work, and I have to give priority to piano practice when I have free time. That's what I love about PW. Folks are supportive of piano practice as a priority! smile

I will be right back with my Saturday offerings.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

I've been in a mood for some blues. This performance by BB King is just what I'm looking for. Here is "How Blue Can You Get?" Enjoy!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I am so glad you said that Griffin, because I too have to work a bit hard on a piece over the next week or so... Hmmmm.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Hi PPP! We posted about the same time. This was one of the few TV programs I watched on our commercial channels. I loved all of the flawed characters on the Seinfeld show. Thanks!

Carl

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Eglantine
I think the thread's moniker is pretty inappropriate, a sort of challenge, and intentionally so.

I'd prefer for it to get ignored than to get locked.

It just got locked, so funny! First lock on the ABF? Wonder what forum this contagious bug will travel to next...

Hi to all the new guys!
(Griffin- it's almost sunday, you have to wait for your classical postings!)

I don't care too much for money. For money can't buy me love.
-the Beatles

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Pianojoy, there have been a few previous locks. best to forget them. Quite often a new thread will open up to talk about it, then that gets locked.
We dont have that here on RST!

night nighty everyone.. sleep well.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
I am so glad you said that Griffin, because I too have to work a bit hard on a piece over the next week or so... Hmmmm.

Hi Rossy! I realized I was taking on too many other activities and was noticing a slight backslide with my progress on two pieces. That is unacceptable!

Anyways, that is why we are here at PW...to support each other on our piano work. I'll have one more offering shortly. I still have a little research to do for Sunday. However, I'm just about ready for the Sunday Classical postings.

I'll be back in a bit with my other offering.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Here is one more offering for the evening, John Lee Hooker performing "Blues Before Sunrise." Enjoy!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by piano joy
Originally Posted by Eglantine
I think the thread's moniker is pretty inappropriate, a sort of challenge, and intentionally so.

I'd prefer for it to get ignored than to get locked.

It just got locked, so funny! First lock on the ABF? Wonder what forum this contagious bug will travel to next...

Hi to all the new guys!
(Griffin- it's almost sunday, you have to wait for your classical postings!)

Hi Piano Joy. No danger of me posting Sunday Classical on Saturday. As you know, my tastes in music are pretty eclectic. Tonight, I'm singing the blues! Well BB King and John Lee Hooker are! You would not want to hear me take on the blues! It would be a disaster! laugh

BTW, me and the other half are enjoying a look at the night sky tonight where we are able to view Venus, Jupiter and the first quarter moon! Beautiful! Hope you can see that from where you are.

The other half is an astronomy buff, and I learn lots from his interest.

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday, or Sunday to my buddies on the other side of the Atlantic!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Griffin, ask your other half for his opinions on Niburi will you!! Planet X does it exist or not?

We have been watching venus and jupiter together in the sky here in the Uk too Griffin, really beautifull, especially so with the last full moon!!

later dudes and dudettes!!!

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
A beautiful, sunny Sunday here in the Emerald Isle. Greetings to all and congrats to Alonso.

Griffin, I had another listen to Fragile this morning. The music has been going round in my head a few days now. It's so evocative. I know from experience that as a performer it's a real treat to play with musicians that you admire and occasions like this are special. I would love to have been there. It reminds me of some of the great sessions such as Carl Perkins' Silver Jubilee and Roy Orbison's Black and White Night.

I was thinking as I watched Sting that I wouldn't like his string bill, which reminded me of Dominic Frasca.
And then I realised that I have fifteen guitars myself including a 12-string so my own bill's quite hefty.

Thanks, Recaredo. I'm not sure I'm ready to record just yet. I don't have the facility I had fifteen years ago and I've since developed arthritis in my right thumb. It still does all it needs to but it hurts now.

Hi piRound. I remember Yvonne's 'If I can't have you'. Wasn't she on EC's Slowhand? Most of my albums are in the attic now and all the mp3's are on my external hard drive so I don't know who's on what anymore.

Rossy, did you get that sight reading book or were you too busy with Dolly? Oh, and it's Scott Gorham not Graham (my Bill Nelson post), sorry about that!

Anyway, back to Dominic Frasca. Here's how most people are introduced to him.

Originally Posted by piano joy
it's almost sunday, you have to wait for your classical postings!

Am I missing something here? Was my Liszt posting out of order? Is it only classical on Sunday and this Frasca posting also o.o.o.?

Richard
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Excellent Richard, no your not missing anything, liszt is fine anytime, and anything is fine anytime!!

meant to mention, I saw Be bop de lux many moons ago, I think it was life in the air age tour, John cooper clarke was the support act to them at the time... peoples poet.

The book I got by the way "Graded Aural tests" by Annie O Warburton. Its extremely comprehensive, but he is sending me another with particular emphasis on sight reading, I will let you know when I get it, and what it is called.

Th graded aural tests covers... pulse, accent, time. Rhythm patterns. Pitch tests: one to five single notes. Melody, Intervals, Two part tests, single chord tests, chord progressions, cadeneces, Key and modulation, tests of general musical experience and tests of general musical literacy.

There are 286 pages stuffed with musical goodness.

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Hi Rossy, yeah, they've grown some since the stint in Clacton.

Brilliant JLH posting, Griffin!

I've just recently learnt Boom Boom on guitar. I saw Imelda May with Jeff Beck's tribute to Les Paul (impressive) and then she did a stint on Jools Holland with Johnny Got a Boom Boom. I learned that and then went on to JLH.

Thanks, it's made my day!

Richard

Good Morning ...

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

A good Sunday to everyone! It's bright and sunny here in Minneapolis today, and has been unseasonably warm for March! Wonderful postings Richard and Keys Angler.

Welcome to RST, Keys Angler! I enjoyed your posting, and hope you will continue to post. I had not heard the Billy Childs Trio before. I liked their rendition of Fragile.

Richard, I know what you mean about having to go back and listen to the version of Fragile I posted. I go back to it often. It is so beautiful. The first time I heard Fragile, was performed by Ruben Blades.

Richard the reference to Classical Sunday is about me. I tend to post my favorite classical music on Sunday when I have more time. No one else is compelled to do that. You can post it whenever the spirit moves you!

I'll be right back with my Sunday Classical picks.

Carl

Page 216 of 370 1 2 214 215 216 217 218 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission