Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2010754 - 01/07/13 05:16 PM Has piano changed your life?
Toastie Offline

Loc: UK
Did your whole life change because you started playing piano?

I think mine has you know, just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.
Grade 1 Sight Reading - finished
Grade 1 Exam Pieces
Grade 1 Scales
The Easy Piano Collection Classical Gold
Yamaha U3

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2010773 - 01/07/13 05:48 PM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
justpin Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Holmes Chapel
In someways it has, in some it hasn't.

It stopped me from drinking and spending masses of time in chatrooms. Doing something more productive instead.

It gives me something to talk about, and also whenever I pass a piano or a piano shop I tend to curve in and make a detour and have a go.

However if anything its made me more introverted as I stay in a lot more and play/practice instead of going out. While this has had the effect of saving me a ton of money. The number of dates I'm getting has fallen to nigh on zero.

#2010935 - 01/08/13 12:24 AM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
Michael_99 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada Alberta
I warn you that as kid I hated flashbacks in movies. And I realized I had inserted flashbacks, sorry about that. I learned to hike and backpack overnight in the mountains in the cascades and the pacific northwest when I was in my early 40s. It was a wonderful experience of carrying your provisions and staying overnight in the mountians, yes, and in the rain and snow. I always went with friends that were experienced because I can get lost in my little house, 450 sq ft. I learned in my 40s to play alto saxaphone/bari and played in a few community bands including jazz and blues bands and a sax quartet. It was awsome playing in bands as large as 40 players and bands as small as 8. All just a beginner with an excellent sax teacher because I was playing with musicians who were experience and I was not. Playing with other musician is a band/community bands gives you lots of experience and it is lots of fun. There is a risk, though, just like piano players, you are sitting on your butt and you can, if you are in your 40s, get fatter if you don't get physical exercise. Because if you have chance to run and jump, or throw a ball, as opposed to playing in a band, you would rather play music because it is fun and work. I got a chance to learn to play basketball, having never played it in my life before at the age of 58. Needless to say, I was a beginner and some of the guys at work helped me learn the skills to be able to play in a community center. Soon, I was playing 4 nights a week, beginner baskbasket. It was so exciting, I couldn''t get to sleep at night after playing baskball. I used to weigh 240 lbs, 6 ft. My weight dropped down to 200 running around trying to shoot the basketball. I had serious health problems and was told I had to stop playing basketball. It was at this point at 60 my health was improving but I was able to walk small distances, but I was not able to sit up for very long. So one day I looked over a very, very dusty Clavinova which I bought and ran my fingers across for a few months 20 years earlier probably when I was playing in the bands. I thought that if I sat on the piano bench and tried to play the piano from the only piano book I had, Fletch Piano
Book 1, that I might distract myself by trying to play the piano and end up sitting at the piano for longer and longer periods which would make me be able to sit up for longer periods. Well, it took a very, very, long time to improve my sitting up but I was surprised that I fell deeply in love with playing the piano. Now, let me tell you that when I saw all these doctors that were looking after me they would ask me many questions and one of the questions would be: Q. How is your heart? And I would always answer and still do: A. My heart has been broken many times. Of course, they always laugh, and I do, too. When I became very weak for several years, I believe that the chance to play the piano in my lifetime was not going to happen. And I accepted that. We can't do everything in life. I learned to sail when I was in my early twenties. I learn to ride a motorcycle when I was in my early 30s, street and trail. As a kid I grew up in a small town and didn't have a chance to do much other then riding a bicycle with no hands. I tell you all this because no one every knows what will happen in their life so it is important never, ever give up and never give up hope. So back to the piano story. But before I do. I grew up in northern Canada and went to college in San Francisco in 1969 - during the Vietnam War. So I met lots of men and women who were from all over the world. I was asked by a fellow who had been in the Marines if I wanted to go sailing with a few people in San Francisco Bay under the Golden Gate Bridge, from the Oakland side. I had never sailed before so 4 or 5 of us went into the bay and I didn't know that sail boats heeled over and especailly if you are racing another boat. Now the marine had surived 1 or 2 tours of duty in the jungles of Vietman killing and being shot at and was only probably 20, 21, my age, but I had just left home a few week before so I hadn't even lived life yet. So I was scared that I was gong to die at sea beause I hadn't learn to swim yet - that I would learn to swim - when I was 25. It was a Cal 20 and I stayed below with the hatch cover closed and breathing gas fumes for hours while those up top sailed in the ocean spray. And I prayed that I would not die and I would live a little longer - so humble as a young 20 year old. When we docked, I kissed the ground. When I returned to Canada, the first thing I bought after I got a job was a small 20 ft sailboat like the Cal 20 and, I took sailing lessons and loved sailing then then the next thing I bought is a piano and started lessons, but it was a stupid idea because at 21 I still hadn't lived yet, I know I keep saying that, and in reality I wasn't going to find time with a new job, new career, socializing, but what do you know when you are young - well, you know less than when you are older because you have learned a few more mistakes by then. So that piano got dusty and I sold it for a huge loss on the first time I had to move which when you are only 21, you move a lot. So back to the piano story.

So I played the Clavinova and enjoyed it very, very much. Now, about a year later I love playing the piano just as much as I did when I started playing accidently. After about a year, I had finished playing Fletch piano Book 1 which I started playing and reviewing the pieces every day that I had learned. So I played and reviewed the approximately 50 pieces even as recently as today. Always playing the pieces as carefully, accurately and musically that I can. At this point I realized I had to make a small adjustment, so I looked at all these methods books that I had bought over time. I am severly addicted to buying books that will teach me something. I realized that I should move to John Thompson Book 1 as it was the only piano method for me. Well, John Thompson was and is difficult. I am dyslexic but am not afraid of failing, it is part of life. You just start all over and keep from falling for longer periods of time. Because I played the tunes in the Fletcher book for 365 days time 3 times at least per day - I played those tunes at least 1,000 and more times. So
when I moved from the Fetcher book to the John Thompson book, that was okay. I could just very, very, very slowly read the music and did so for several weeks. Although my head was fine, but the head felt like it was going to explode because my brain was in overdrive. I was struggling not make mistakes, to read the treble clef and also the bass clef. Now, after several months I am playing John Thompson up to page 29 - and as no surprise to you, I am still reviewing all the Fletcher tunes everyday as well as my John Thompson tunes everyday up to page 29. To my surprise, I can in a relaxed manner read the treble and bass clefs at the sametime. I didn't think that would ever be possible. Understand that I am playing very, very, slowly, smoothly without stopping or slowing down, just playing the tunes at a very slow speed. I realize now that I can learn to play the piano but I have to do it very slowly and daily. I am starting to add scales and chords because I want to learn a little jazz and improv, but equally I love learning music that will take me to classical music in John Thompson book 2 and others.

Four months ago I got a chance of a life time to get an acoustic piano. I still love my Clavinova, but for me, placing my fingers on an acoustic grand, feeling the black and white keys beneath my fingers, the vibrations and hearing the piano between my ears is the experience of a lifetime.

So I am contented with playing the piano, but I am not content to quit - if you will, - but I want to play the piano everyday. After about 20 minutes, I grab my coat and go for a walk because it is important not to become glued to the bench.

And fresh air, and a little walk help me apprediate I am able to walk and play the piano and I am still alive and as they say in the medical profession. Live your life fully every day because we just don't know. And none of us do.

Edited by Michael_99 (01/08/13 12:54 AM)

#2010962 - 01/08/13 02:51 AM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
I think playing the piano saved my sanity when I was going through a difficult period.
It has become a joy, an obsession, a frustration, a motivation, a habit, but above all, a joy. I hate being away from the piano for any length of time.

I like to see something that I actually do have control over taking form - I like to see that hard work does pay off and there are rewards. It helps me keep some perspective - things can't go smoothly all the time, but if you keep at it, they improve. Pretty much a life model!

I had no idea where I would end up if I started (at the age of 51!) and I still don't know where I will end up -but I'm doing things that even 3 months ago seemed unlikely - that's so encouraging.

I'm so thankful for a husband who fully supports my piano efforts and seems to get as much of a kick out of my playing as I do!

#2010984 - 01/08/13 04:09 AM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
JohnSprung Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Reseda, California
Not sure my whole life changed, but it sure broke my addiction to MicroSoft Solitaire..... ;-)

Knabe Grand # 10927
Yamaha CP33
Kawai FS690

#2010991 - 01/08/13 04:46 AM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
Bobpickle Offline

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014

Loc: Cameron Park, California
absolutely!

Quite likely the best decision of my life.

#2011055 - 01/08/13 08:24 AM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Bobpickle]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
Piano has definitely become a passion in my life. I have health issues that have curtailed many of the activities that I used to do, such as horseback riding and skiing. I have setbacks from time to time, but the piano is always there beckoning to me to keep going. It has even become an incentive to do my fitness workouts to maintain arm strength and build stamina. My husband is very supportive of my efforts, and can often be heard humming the pieces that I play. Most evenings I sit down and play through an assortment of pop tunes for sight reading, while he is on the computer. He loves it! So, piano has become part of both of our lives.

European Piano Party July 4, 2015 in Switzerland!

#2011098 - 01/08/13 10:00 AM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
FarmGirl Online   content

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I enjoyed reading everyone's post. Yes it did change my life in the way I can relate to each one of your posts.

Yes, it did make me a bit unti-social because I would like to have my time to practice. Gone are general TV / Movie watching with my hubby and just hung-around-with casual friends time. But I'm gained music friends from the forum, Facebook and even locally (my teacher, community college piano students and choir members).

It gives me right balance between work and life. This is similar to Cheryl was talking about. I have obsessive nature and it used to be work that I was obsessed with. Now I spend more time on me and understand other people have life too. It was actually very good thing for work too. No one wants to promote an obsessed bulldog to lead others even if she is capable. Yeah I got promoted 6 months after starting piano. My boss told me that I increased my soft skills whatever it means.

It excites me that I as an old dog can learn a new trick every day. Our body deteriorates every day. And it is such a rare and precious thing that we make progress in piano.

Of course, I want more... I would like my husband to love the sound of music. SwissMS, I read your post with a sigh. What a wonderful husband. Maybe I'm banging a bit too much.
Solo - Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Schumann Op 12 Warum and Grillen and Mozart K 475 Fantasy C minor
Collaboration - Concerto in C for Oboe and orchestra attributed to Haydn edited by Evelyn Rosewell

#2011121 - 01/08/13 11:07 AM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

I would say it has, even after just 10 months of playing. It made me re-discover a love of music I've always had but had never really explored. A bit of opera was all I knew (we have a huge opera festival here in Verona), but since I have my piano I've been listening to classical music a lot, plus I followed a ton of music theory and music history lectures.

Also, I was in need of some kind of mind-body activity, and the piano is just great for that because you need to be aware of your body, be able to relax, release tension, and so on.

I feel that from now on music will be a huge part of my life, even if I might never become a good pianist. As an aside, I just ordered a violin blush It may never get played, but just the thought of having it in my house feels great!

#2011188 - 01/08/13 01:14 PM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
Barbareola Offline

Loc: Germany
My piano makes me happy, like few things or people in my life. That, I believe, is life-changing.

#2011206 - 01/08/13 01:55 PM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
Temperament Offline

Loc: Hun,EU

It did. As any addiction, obsession, devotion, enthusiasm.

A destiny. More than a profession.

#2011533 - 01/09/13 02:25 AM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: FarmGirl]
JohnSprung Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Reseda, California
Originally Posted By: FarmGirl
SwissMS, I read your post with a sigh. What a wonderful husband. Maybe I'm banging a bit too much.

What has worked for me and my wife is to get a used digital in addition to the good grand. I do the dreary boring annoying practice stuff on the digital (with headphones), and then graduate pieces to the grand when they're in fairly good shape.

Knabe Grand # 10927
Yamaha CP33
Kawai FS690

#2011860 - 01/09/13 07:02 PM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
justpin Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Holmes Chapel
Its funny. I remember reading in FHM (For him Magazine) about 17 years ago now.

That if you have a stressful job or a job where there is no progression. Say you're working in a small company or you are the boss. Or even one with a lot of very strict rules with no creativity.

Taking up an instrument was good for your psychological health.

I do wonder if I had taken up piano circa 2008-09 I wonder if I would still be in my old career.

I no longer do that because I had a mental breakdown after about 6 months of increasing work load, no support and 16 hour days 7 days a week.

#2012597 - 01/11/13 03:32 AM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
Meredith A Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
What a refreshing topic. Really interesting reading the responses. Besides using up all my spare time, piano has provided lots of frustration but has allowed me to see that I can accomplish more than what I originally set out to do. I don't have any talent, just results from many hours of practice. A great thing about piano is that it's basically a free activity (once you've paid for your instrument and bought some music, of course) and if you have an acoustic you aren't drawing power from the grid either. Plus you don't have to consume gasoline driving somewhere to play. I would say I'm semi-addicted to piano - on vacation I really do miss my piano. But I also have 2 physical activities to round out my week - dog agility (it's much more difficult than it looks) and cycling. (oh and there's the full-time job too). I would like to learn to play the violin and to join foreign language conversation groups, but there's no time for that right now.

#2012656 - 01/11/13 08:54 AM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: JohnSprung]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
Originally Posted By: JohnSprung
Originally Posted By: FarmGirl
SwissMS, I read your post with a sigh. What a wonderful husband. Maybe I'm banging a bit too much.

What has worked for me and my wife is to get a used digital in addition to the good grand. I do the dreary boring annoying practice stuff on the digital (with headphones), and then graduate pieces to the grand when they're in fairly good shape.

My husband is really supportive and says he likes hearing me practice. Still, I when I am working on something really annoying I try to do it mainly when he isn't home. Maybe we should have a new thread about accommodating our family members into our piano lives.

#2012679 - 01/11/13 09:36 AM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]

+1 to John and Malkin
I'm now planning to fix a room which was my puppy's nursery - basically a room he could mess up. It has a doggie door that leads them into doggie backyard where they can do their business. I have been planning to move my piano there after I replace the double door inside the house to a more snug (currently there is a half inch opening between the floor and it won't shut properly. I am also replacing the window (facing the dog's poop yard) to a dual pane one for heat/cooling efficiency and of course the ripped up carpet by my Charlie the poo. I hope this would make my husband happier since it would greatly reduce the sound. Currently piano is in front of the fire place (we don't use it now) in the open floor plan that spreads from kitchen, dining to living room (familyroom?). Due to high ceiling and open area, piano sounds good (magnified with a certain echo factor) which interferes with his TV viewing activities at night. My other family members (two golden retrievers) love piano. They both hang with me when I'm playing, Emma under the grand Charlie next to the pedals. Charlie loves my Brahms and spread his body as though he's in tune with the music. Emma used to bang on the piano. Now she bangs on my toy piano. I wish my husband likes piano half as much as my dogs do.

Edited by FarmGirl (01/11/13 09:41 AM)
Solo - Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Schumann Op 12 Warum and Grillen and Mozart K 475 Fantasy C minor
Collaboration - Concerto in C for Oboe and orchestra attributed to Haydn edited by Evelyn Rosewell

#2012680 - 01/11/13 09:38 AM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: malkin]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
I play with headphones when I am working on technique, ie scales, broken chords, arps, and etudes. I also use headphones when I am working on something new, playing the same couple of measures over and over. When something is reaching a presentable stage, I play it out loud. I also play the "easy listening" stuff that I can sight read in the evening, which generally actually sounds like music. My husband had said I should play everything out loud, until he had to listen to scales, etc. Then he thought perhaps the headphones would be better! So now I try to put myself in his shoes, and only play "music" when he is listening. I find the headphones really help me concentrate on the repetitions without being self conscious. For me it is the best of both worlds.

Edited by SwissMS (01/11/13 09:39 AM)

European Piano Party July 4, 2015 in Switzerland!

#2012691 - 01/11/13 09:52 AM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]

I will buy a good electronic piano in the music room. But sound proofing is the best because I also sing and plan to go back to violin too. He says he likes violin sound better but he has no idea about it (lol). We are completely different and somehow we work. Isn't it funny?

#2012923 - 01/11/13 04:12 PM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
ChopinAddict Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Land of the never-ending music
Yes. smile

Music is my best friend.

#2012926 - 01/11/13 04:13 PM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
SwissMs, john, malkin, Farmgirl...

Our piano is in the living room which is basically open to the kitchen where my poor wife likes to spend her time. I practice first thing in the morning and get the exercises and scales out of the way right away. Even so, there are days when I just drive her nuts and I have to stop. I don't blame her at all....she really is a saint about it 90% of the time. She even wears TV ears when watching the tube so I'm not bothered by the sound being turned up to drown me out.

Now, if I could just get one of my Lab Retrievers to stop howling whenever I hit a minor 7th chord......... cry grin

Estonia L190 #7284

#2012969 - 01/11/13 05:16 PM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: SwissMS]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Originally Posted By: SwissMS
I play with headphones when I am working on technique, ie scales, broken chords, arps, and etudes. I also use headphones when I am working on something new, playing the same couple of measures over and over. When something is reaching a presentable stage, I play it out loud. I also play the "easy listening" stuff that I can sight read in the evening, which generally actually sounds like music. My husband had said I should play everything out loud, until he had to listen to scales, etc. Then he thought perhaps the headphones would be better! So now I try to put myself in his shoes, and only play "music" when he is listening. I find the headphones really help me concentrate on the repetitions without being self conscious. For me it is the best of both worlds.

That's what I do too. The only time my hubby made an even remotely negative comment about my playing was when I started working on scales. He came into the room after a while and said. "um, do you think you could play some MUSIC now?"..... From that point on, I started using the headphones for the potentially irritating stuff. Now he only hears me when I've got things decently under control smile

#2012990 - 01/11/13 05:45 PM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: casinitaly]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
One that made me laugh was "It would be all right with me if you pass that one off as soon as possible."

#2013599 - 01/12/13 06:32 PM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
Sandra M Offline

Hello to you.... I was looking into the beginners forum as I wanted to see what questions are asked. Fun reading your posts as so many love piano the way I do. Piano at my age of 74 years old I play everyday with few exceptions. The church and piano playing is my life now. The residents clap when I play for them very often. I feel appreciated and loved for the music I play for them. Yes I am a happy disabled elder because of piano still in my life. To make people who are disabled happy as this is a facility for the disabled people keeps me feeling needed and productive even at my age. Piano playing is life changing for some of us. Sandra M

#2013737 - 01/13/13 12:31 AM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Sandra M]
BenPiano Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: Sandra M
The residents clap when I play for them very often. I feel appreciated and loved for the music I play for them.

Quote:
Piano playing is life changing for some of us. Sandra M

And I hope that your piano playing is not only beneficial for you personally, but life changing for those that hear you play.

Two thumbs up from over here! thumb thumb

#2013741 - 01/13/13 12:40 AM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
HalfStep Offline

Loc: Boston, MA
Yes, it has absolutely changed my life. Like most of you, it's a daily component. The only problem is I seem to study and practice music more than the dissertation I should be writing... smile

#2013982 - 01/13/13 04:01 PM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
Roger Ransom Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: SouthWest Michigan
Because I've been mostly playing since I was 10 and am 70 now, I honestly don't know if it changed my life

I've never really known a life without it except for a few years in the Navy on board a ship. There were no digital pianos in those days.

#2013989 - 01/13/13 04:11 PM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Roger Ransom]
Tech 5 Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: Roger Ransom
Because I've been mostly playing since I was 10 and am 70 now, I honestly don't know if it changed my life

I've never really known a life without it except for a few years in the Navy on board a ship. There were no digital pianos in those days.

Wow! You've been playing the piano for 60 years. You must be able to play any music you set your eyes on. I envy you, as I am now 62 with only 11 months of lessons, I don't imagine ever reaching a level of greatness that could be reached in 60 years of playing the piano....what a blessing! Do you still enjoy it?

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."
J.Wooden

#2014023 - 01/13/13 05:36 PM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
Roger Ransom Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: SouthWest Michigan
Like I told my Granddaughters who just started taking lessons, Sometimes I still get shivvers up and down my back and there are pieces that literally bring tears of emotion to my eyes. the tears are not even always because of my pathetic playing. smile

I still cannot in any way just play anything I want to right away. Even if it's a piece I can play technically right away, it takes lots of time to get it so it sounds and feels the way I want it to.

Also I play a lot from Fake books which I can usually play at least in some fashion right away. Even those take lots of time to make sound the way I want them too.

I don't think you ever get to the point where you can play anything you want and be satisfied with it immediately. I think I'm glad of that. It seems like it might get boring. I am in no danger of becoming bored believe me.

In answer to your question, yes, I love it now as much or more than I always have.

It's very very cool to be able to make music at ANY level.

I love it!

Edited by Roger Ransom (01/13/13 05:40 PM)

#2014140 - 01/13/13 10:28 PM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
victthoe Offline

Loc: Banned
It made me re-discover a love of music I've always had but had never really explored.

#2014532 - 01/14/13 04:20 PM Re: Has piano changed your life? [Re: Toastie]
Ina Offline

Loc: Slovenia
Yes. smile

Less computer time- it was a sort of addiction. .

It's a serotonin releaser: no need for an antidepressive smile

It helsp reduce the tension from work.

It's a joy to play the songs I've never dreamt of. It's so nice to discover so much different music.

And it showed me the way to this nice forum. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Courses
by blugee
8 minutes 11 seconds ago
Fundamentals of Music
by leel
21 minutes 23 seconds ago
Interesting Piano Pictures from FB
by Piano World
Today at 04:14 PM
PX-350 Keyboard Modification
by Charles Cohen
Today at 04:08 PM
Pricing and discounts on under $1000 digital pianos?
by MeghanM
Today at 03:51 PM
Who's Online
148 registered (Alux, amt976, accordeur, ajames, 44 invisible), 1829 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76721 Members
42 Forums
158651 Topics
2329935 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission