2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
47 members (APianistHasNoName, Bruce Sato, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, CharlesXX, 9 invisible), 1,871 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2015012 01/15/13 05:24 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Hi,

I hope this re-recording fixes most of your previous comments and suggestions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpM73CU51xI

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
The rhythm in the slow section makes a lot more sense than in your first recording. I thought the first time you played the slow section in this recording(the opening page or two)there were some strange dynamic shaping to the melody with some chords sticking out as very loud for no apparent reason. When you played the slow section the second time near the middle of the piece there weren't any of these, for me, strange dynamic choices.

A
OP Offline
A
Hi pianoloverus,

Thanks for your feedback.

I felt the same way about the opening section of the first recording when I first heard it; the sound was too loud. Then my dad figured out that the camcorder smoothed out the dynamics by making quite section louder and loud section quieter when the auto mode was chosen. So he switched to manual mode to film the second video to preserve the true dynamics. I think that may be a partial reason for the loud and wield opening section in the first video. Thank you for suggesting re-recording. I think it really makes a difference.

Last edited by ABC Vermonter; 01/16/13 10:01 PM.
T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Wow! That was scary good, Vermonter, considering your age! I could hear the shape and sweep of the musical argument very clearly, from beginning to end, And wonderful control of the dynamics, in a piece that can so easily careen out of control, particularly at the end. Really, really, thanks for sharing!

Much improved, and an exceptional performance by any standard. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Are you planning to polish it even further for big competitions or will you drop it for a while to work on other repertoire?

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by Tim Adrianson
Wow! That was scary good, Vermonter, considering your age! I could hear the shape and sweep of the musical argument very clearly, from beginning to end, And wonderful control of the dynamics, in a piece that can so easily careen out of control, particularly at the end. Really, really, thanks for sharing!

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much. As always, you are so kind.

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by AldenH
Much improved, and an exceptional performance by any standard. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Are you planning to polish it even further for big competitions or will you drop it for a while to work on other repertoire?

Hi AldenH,

Thank you. I like your performance just as much.

I will put it aside for a while to work on others. No competition plan for at least a year. Not a big fan of competitions. smile I know I need to do them for college application, etc. Just want to postpone them until I absolutely have to.

I am now more interested in going to summer camps. I found it really useful for my music learning.

Last edited by ABC Vermonter; 01/18/13 08:27 PM.
F
F
Wow! I wish I had something of critical value to say, but I don't know much. But that was very interesting to watch and listen to. Well done.

I'm not sure if it's the recording, or if that's correct (as I'm not familiar with this piece), but at some of the louder sections, the notes played with your right hand get completely drowned out by the bass notes being played?

Zaahir

Self-taught renegade - Kawai CL-36
A
OP Offline
A
Hi floydthebarber71,

Thank you for your comments. Not quite sure about exactly what sections you refered to; but, in general, I do play left hand loud when there is melody there. Also, I think that loud sectons in this piece suggest the mood of violence and terror that calls for more heavy left hand that most Chopin pieces would.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission