Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
71 registered (AZNpiano, bennevis, 23 invisible), 1124 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Topic Options
#2002875 - 12/21/12 10:15 PM Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed
BachMach2 Offline

Loc: Always somewhere about the glo...
The recording quality impinges on the detail of the performance output but is generally "concert standard" (even with page turn stutter and 'odd' blemish) at "concert speed" and perhaps a fast speed, particularly considering the 1st movement. There is another presentation of this sonata elsewhere in this forum. Those who bother to make the comparison will see staggering improvement.

Beethoven's 8th Sonata "Pathetique" in C minor
https://www.box.com/s/uuzkr1uhjgozeltmuvzf
https://www.box.com/s/aswlgri82ylcz2cj543o
https://www.box.com/s/3mk1cahez277na6gnvkj

#2003750 - 12/24/12 02:18 AM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: BachMach2]
Derulux Online   content
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia
My friend, this was not one of your better recordings (from an audio/technology standpoint). It was difficult to hear much of what you were attempting to do.

From what I was able to hear of the movement, it sounds like you're trying to race yourself through every run, and through the passagework. 5:30 is a little fast for this movement. Might I suggest taking it 5-8% slower and settling in a bit? It would sound much more musically mature that way. smile

#2003752 - 12/24/12 02:21 AM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: Derulux]
Mark_C Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
I guess you're not onto him.

He's playing bad and recording bad on purpose. (Just like my grammar in that sentence was bad on purpose.) grin

(BTW I didn't listen to these recordings. I didn't have to.)

#2003886 - 12/24/12 10:33 AM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: BachMach2]
Derulux Online   content
5000 Post Club Member

Lovely. In that case, I shall sit back and antipate. laugh

#2003939 - 12/24/12 12:42 PM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: Derulux]
Mark_C Offline

Originally Posted By: Derulux
Lovely. In that case, I shall sit back and antipate. laugh

Good!
I've been propating as well as antipating. grin

Note to anybody else: I think we have no idea what we're saying. ha

#2003993 - 12/24/12 02:15 PM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: Mark_C]
Damon Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: St. Louis area
Originally Posted By: Mark_C

(BTW I didn't listen to these recordings. I didn't have to.)

That's obvious, since it Was one of his better recordings but still......well, you know.

#2004021 - 12/24/12 03:29 PM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: Damon]
Mark_C Offline

It's possible to decide at some point that someone isn't worth listening to, or taking seriously at all. That point was reached a long time ago. smile

#2005537 - 12/28/12 01:02 PM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: BachMach2]
Piano*Dad Offline

Loc: Williamsburg, VA
Hey, my eldest is finishing up the first movement ...played it at juries earlier this month. Maybe we should compare! grin

Now he has to relearn the Rondo. He played that when he was thirteen.
Grotrian 192 #156455

https://www.youtube.com/user/dhfeld/videos

#2005859 - 12/29/12 01:46 AM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: Piano*Dad]
Derulux Online   content
5000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Piano*Dad
Hey, my eldest is finishing up the first movement ...played it at juries earlier this month. Maybe we should compare! grin

Nice! Do you have it posted anywhere? I remember enjoying the Rondo.

#2006463 - 12/30/12 10:06 AM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: BachMach2]
Beethoven747-400 Offline

Loc: Perth, Australia
Beautiful! I cried throughout the first movement.

#2006487 - 12/30/12 10:46 AM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: Derulux]
Piano*Dad Offline

Loc: Williamsburg, VA
Originally Posted By: Piano*Dad

Nice! Do you have it posted anywhere? I remember enjoying the Rondo.

Not yet. Maybe if he has time to polish it a bit before going back to school we'll take a hack at recording it. But when you make a video, editing out errors is a pain in the neck. So he only puts up a video that is close to perfection, technically. None of his other posted videos has any sound editing or splicing out of errors. If a version like that doesn't "happen," then nothing gets posted. smile
Grotrian 192 #156455

https://www.youtube.com/user/dhfeld/videos

#2006525 - 12/30/12 12:46 PM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: Beethoven747-400]
Mark_C Offline

Originally Posted By: Beethoven747-400
Beautiful! I cried throughout the first movement.

ha ha ha

(I mean literally -- I'm cracking up over here.) smile

#2006624 - 12/30/12 04:08 PM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: BachMach2]
Derulux Online   content
5000 Post Club Member

So, to Mr. BachMach, I now do believe that these are "mock" recordings. I found this: https://www.box.com/shared/hm068rzoly, which is much clearer, so it sounds like the joke is on me. Shall we call this recording, "BachMach2 exposed"? I don't have the 10 minutes to listen now (being called for dinner), but I shall later. smile

#2007937 - 01/02/13 12:10 PM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: BachMach2]
natty_dread78 Offline

Originally Posted By: BachMach2
but is generally "concert standard"

looooool

Originally Posted By: BachMach2
There is another presentation of this sonata elsewhere in this forum. Those who bother to make the comparison will see staggering improvement.

Ohhh! I really need to find it. I cannot possibly imagine what it sounds like if this version here is a
"staggering improvement".

#2015063 - 01/15/13 06:09 PM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: Derulux]
Old Man Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
So, to Mr. BachMach, I now do believe that these are "mock" recordings. I found this: https://www.box.com/shared/hm068rzoly, which is much clearer, so it sounds like the joke is on me. Shall we call this recording, "BachMach2 exposed"? I don't have the 10 minutes to listen now (being called for dinner), but I shall later. smile

Derulux, believe it or not, there are actually one or two of us (sufficiently unstable ourselves) who appreciate Mr. BachMach's contributions. If you are less than enamoured of his musical contributions, you may wish to sample his literary talent: A Literary Masterpiece. The opening sentence alone had me in hysterics, and the barrage of ensuing comments from other PW members was frosting on the cake. His essay is a tour de force of musical analysis, rivaling those of Schumann. Assuming you have the stamina to read it, you will gain a newfound understanding of the words "pianist" and "non sequitur".

I have my own theory that Mr. BM will eventually deliver the coup de grace to his PW detractors by publishing a sonically perfect, beautifully rendered musical performance. I know neither the day nor the hour, but I feel it could happen. (There may be some Mayan predictions along these lines). He will bury this gem amidst the rubble of "the others", anxiously waiting for one of his most vociferous PW critics to stumble upon it. And his delight will know no bounds.

On the other hand, I could be wrong. Enjoy. Or not.

#2015084 - 01/15/13 06:58 PM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: Old Man]
carey Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Originally Posted By: Old Man

I have my own theory that Mr. BM will eventually deliver the coup de grace to his PW detractors by publishing a sonically perfect, beautifully rendered musical performance. I know neither the day nor the hour, but I feel it could happen. (There may be some Mayan predictions along these lines). He will bury this gem amidst the rubble of "the others", anxiously waiting for one of his most vociferous PW critics to stumble upon it. And his delight will know no bounds.

Righto !!! grin

#2015089 - 01/15/13 07:10 PM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: carey]
Old Man Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
Originally Posted By: carey

Righto !!! grin

haYe, of little faith!

#2015130 - 01/15/13 09:17 PM Re: Beethoven Sonata Pathetique Op13 completed [Re: Old Man]
Mark_C Offline

....If you are less than enamoured of his musical contributions, you may wish to sample his literary talent: A Literary Masterpiece.

Among other amusing things grin ....we talked on there about a seeming similarity to a previous member. I think it's just about definite that they're the same.

Quote:
I have my own theory that Mr. BM will eventually deliver the coup de grace to his PW detractors by publishing a sonically perfect, beautifully rendered musical performance....

I, for one, wish he'd lose this carap and do something close to that, which I'm pretty sure he's capable of.

Quote:
....I know neither the day nor the hour, but I feel it could happen. (There may be some Mayan predictions along these lines). He will bury this gem amidst the rubble of "the others"....

I hope not. ha

Moderator:  Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Never thought it would end up at that instrument ...
by fatast
Today at 05:45 AM
Is Yelp reliable for evaluating piano stores?
by Le Chiffre
Today at 02:08 AM
Guide to Teaching
by Arghhh
Today at 12:39 AM
Making a New York Steinway sound like a Hamburg Steinway
by nphase
Yesterday at 10:24 PM
Merry Christmas from Brazil! Feliz Natal!!
by Piano_Brazil
Yesterday at 09:19 PM
Forum Stats
77375 Members
42 Forums
160032 Topics
2350085 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission