2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
29 members (Burkhard, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, cmoody31, dh371, 20/20 Vision, admodios, 8 invisible), 1,230 guests, and 329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
OP Offline
G
*Edited by Moderator*

Jeff Tasch
Grand Piano Haus

Last edited by Grand Piano Haus; 01/19/13 03:46 PM.

We proudly represent: Yamaha pianos (including: Clavinova, AvantGrand, SilentPiano, Enspire, P/DGX-Digitals, Arius), Bösendorfer, Schimmel
Kayserburg, Ritmüller, Pearl River pianos. Retrofit Interactive Silent Systems by: adsilent and Kioshi
http://www.GrandPianoHaus.com

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Another Commercial Promo brought to you by GPH

Why doesn't Mr. Tasch take out a paid ad?

Marty in Minnesota

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.
F
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
F
Yeah

Or, alternatively, Jeff could forward the info to you and you could post it for him Marty.

Not a problem, I am sure.

Amateur Pianist and raconteur.
B
B
Yeah there doesn't seem to be an add for yamaha here -- that'll work instead of sneaking these thinly veiled PR posts into the forum.

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Oh--- there's another Jeff. I thought you meant me, for a minute.

All I know about this is, that I was sorry Kawai didn't move on releasing their AnyTime version of the K-3 in the US. I would have thought there might be some demand for it.

And yes, a paid ad on PW could give GPH some good targeted marketing, and it might be worth it just to pull the plug on the criticism. There is such a thing as bad publicity; they even admit it in Hollywood these days. But I'll name no names.

Clef

F
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
F
I don't know Jeff Tasch - never been to his store.

1. I highly doubt that a Chicago retailer would run an ad on a national forum like this - too much wasted audience.

2. My point was simply this - if Jeff, or anyone in the industry for that matter, really wants to make a product announcement such as this - I am quite certain that it would be rather simple to have a non-industry friend do it for them.

So what's the bother really?

It's an announcement about a new lineup of products from a leading manufacturer (in fact, the leading manufacturer in terms of market share) in an industry that interests us all. Period.

Take it for what it is.

End of story.

Last edited by Furtwangler; 01/17/13 08:01 PM.

Amateur Pianist and raconteur.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Jeff, you seem to have a lot of announcements hot of the press lately. I think this one was a little over the top...

Frank would be happy to sell you an ad on PW. It would be a great marketing investment for your business and for Yamaha.

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Grand Piano Haus - thanks for posting this - I read your post before it was pulled. I prefer digital pianos but sometimes wish I also had an acoustic grand in addition to my digital grand. The SH technology in a C2 or C3 might work for me. Looks like they are already being sold in Europe. BTW, I'm not sure I would have seen this if it had been in an ad.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
G
OP Offline
G
Dear Rick and all the PianoWorld.com Moderators,

Thank you for your point. I totally disagree with you. PianoWorld.com is a place for those interested in gaining knowledge or learning about keyboard/hybrid/acoustics/digital related products. I was merely announcing the FACT that Yamaha is expanding their Silent Piano lineup. I have invested before in PianoWorld's advertising with little or no effect.

Thank you,

Jeff Tasch
GPH

We proudly represent: Yamaha pianos (including: Clavinova, AvantGrand, SilentPiano, Enspire, P/DGX-Digitals, Arius), Bösendorfer, Schimmel
Kayserburg, Ritmüller, Pearl River pianos. Retrofit Interactive Silent Systems by: adsilent and Kioshi
http://www.GrandPianoHaus.com
S
S
I've been looking at the Yamaha U1, NU1, and Silent U1 as I weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each. It is unfortunate that whatever news this was is not allowed to be posted as I probably could have benefited from it.

-Steve
1969 Yamaha U3
Personally I saw nothing wrong about Jeff's post, no hyping just announcing stuff....
The pianos themselves have been on market for a while and have been discussed here before:

https://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubb...%20Anyone%20with%20experience%20wit.html

Since Grand Piano House are also dealers for Ritmüller, can't wait to hear about their news soon published after next week's NAMM.

Or for that matter, anybody else's newbies.

Now wait a minute - this could be dangerous...

Norbert help

Last edited by Norbert; 01/19/13 10:05 PM.

Originally Posted by GrandPianoHaus
Dear Rick and all the PianoWorld.com Moderators,

Thank you for your point. I totally disagree with you. PianoWorld.com is a place for those interested in gaining knowledge or learning about keyboard/hybrid/acoustics/digital related products. I was merely announcing the FACT that Yamaha is expanding their Silent Piano lineup. I have invested before in PianoWorld's advertising with little or no effect.

Thank you,

Jeff Tasch
GPH

Hi Jeff,

I made a decision as a moderator, right or wrong, to edit your post… it is not up for debate. With all due respect, you will post a thread here, supposedly, to make a big announcement on PW and then disappear… you rarely ever stick around to elaborate or engage in conversation about your thread; you post the so-called announcement and then move on. That appears to me to be a subtle form of advertising.

And, although this is nothing new, this one just struck me as blatant advertising under the guise of an announcement. I know it is a thin line, but that line does exist.

I’m sorry you disagree with my thoughts on this and I’m sorry you feel your advertising dollars were wasted here. Without someone paying for advertising here on PW, it would not be here for you to make your big announcements.

It is my desire that all the dealer members here are treated fairly and with respect. But it seems that the only time you participate here is when you have a big announcement about the brands you sell.

If I’m off base here, I’m sure Frank or Ken will let me know…

Best regards,

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
L
L
Jeff could forward the info to you and you could post it for him Marty.

7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by leokatero
Jeff could forward the info to you and you could post it for him Marty.

Joining today with a blank profile and few posts, the above seems to be the birth of a sock puppet. I won't even speculate whose hand is firmly inside.

It's unfortunate that the 'National Enquiresque' thread title didn't dissappear also. That was the truly offensive part of the ad.

Marty in Minnesota

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by Minnesota Marty
Joining today with a blank profile and few posts, the above seems to be the birth of a sock puppet. I won't even speculate whose hand is firmly inside.

Actually there's been a couple of posters in the last 3 or 4 days who looked like, well, Turing machine experiments. Short posts, often picking up on phrases from further up the thread. Almost but not quite making sense. I reported them (and when I googled them their user names came up on a couple of forums in common), and they're gone. This one looks like another one. And when I googled it the results were all for a user name in various forums.

So I wonder if someone has written a sneaky little program to steal user names and make posts as a spammy kind of thing, just to see if they can get away with it? Because this one's other posts fit the bill.

So I reported it, too laugh

Cathy

Last edited by jotur; 01/17/13 11:00 PM. Reason: take out extraneous quote

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
V
V
As someone who may buy a Yamaha silent piano in the future, I would have found the original post to my great interest. Unfortunately it has been deleted. If you're here in this thread you must have some interest in the line as well. I believe the moderator is over-stepping his authority on this matter.

7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Scorchy,

The original post contained no information about the silent pianos or mechanism. It was an ad announcing the list of models available with that feature. You can obtain that information from the Yamaha dealer of your choice. The title of this thread contains the most information referrencing that Yamaha expanded the line.

Marty in Minnesota

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Scorchy
As someone who may buy a Yamaha silent piano in the future, I would have found the original post to my great interest. Unfortunately it has been deleted. If you're here in this thread you must have some interest in the line as well. I believe the moderator is over-stepping his authority on this matter.

Actually the moderator is well within his authority.

Ken

Hammond Organ Technician
Piano Torturer
V
V
Fair enough Marty - I did not see the original post. I was comparing this post against the one about a month ago about the CX line that generated similar controversy. I liked the post and was glad it was out there since at the time I was trying to get as much information, sound samples, reviews anything at all on the CX series. Even if it was more of a promotional video I was glad someone pointed it out.

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
FWIW, I thought Rick backed up his decision with some pretty good reasons--- a courtesy for the curious.

As for socks--- strictly forbidden on this forum--- I didn't see the posts, but I'll offer an opinion ANYWAY: I still sigh for PianoMadam and her conversations with herself under several ingenious noms de plume with different personalities to go with each bogus account. Unscrupulous, edgy, and even evil though she may have been, she had some pizzazz--- and plenty of brass. It was especially delicious that she was caught in the act by an alert member, and her socks were unfrocked--- in real time, no less; her very words cut-and-pasted, along with the account name she forgot to change when she switched personalities.

I don't think she did her brand any good, but the drama was fun while it lasted; there may be a future for her in white collar crime--- possibly writing fundraising letters for PACs which target the elderly and nervous. But most sock puppets are just tiresome, and are no fun at all. We don't seem to get the silk stocking socks here... so we just have to make do with being ourselves.

Last edited by Jeff Clef; 01/18/13 12:15 AM.

Clef

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,166
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission