Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2016244 - 01/17/13 04:44 PM Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup
Grand Piano Haus Offline

Loc: Skokie, IL
*Edited by Moderator*

Jeff Tasch
Grand Piano Haus

Edited by Grand Piano Haus (01/19/13 02:46 PM)
Yamaha, Bösendorfer, Steingraeber & Söhne, Kayserburg, Ritmüller, Cable-Nelson, CEUS, Live-Performance model-LX, Disklavier-PRO, Q.R.S. & PianoDisc, AvantGrand, Clavinova, Arius http://www.GrandPianoHaus.com.

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#2016247 - 01/17/13 05:03 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Minnesota Marty Online   content

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014

Loc: Rochester MN
Another Commercial Promo brought to you by GPH

Why doesn't Mr. Tasch take out a paid ad?

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.

#2016251 - 01/17/13 05:11 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Furtwangler Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Danville, California
Yeah

Or, alternatively, Jeff could forward the info to you and you could post it for him Marty.

Not a problem, I am sure.

#2016266 - 01/17/13 05:56 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Briguy65 Offline

Loc: So California
Yeah there doesn't seem to be an add for yamaha here -- that'll work instead of sneaking these thinly veiled PR posts into the forum.

#2016268 - 01/17/13 06:03 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Jose, CA
Oh--- there's another Jeff. I thought you meant me, for a minute.

All I know about this is, that I was sorry Kawai didn't move on releasing their AnyTime version of the K-3 in the US. I would have thought there might be some demand for it.

And yes, a paid ad on PW could give GPH some good targeted marketing, and it might be worth it just to pull the plug on the criticism. There is such a thing as bad publicity; they even admit it in Hollywood these days. But I'll name no names.

#2016289 - 01/17/13 07:01 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Furtwangler Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I don't know Jeff Tasch - never been to his store.

1. I highly doubt that a Chicago retailer would run an ad on a national forum like this - too much wasted audience.

2. My point was simply this - if Jeff, or anyone in the industry for that matter, really wants to make a product announcement such as this - I am quite certain that it would be rather simple to have a non-industry friend do it for them.

So what's the bother really?

It's an announcement about a new lineup of products from a leading manufacturer (in fact, the leading manufacturer in terms of market share) in an industry that interests us all. Period.

Take it for what it is.

End of story.

Edited by Furtwangler (01/17/13 07:01 PM)

#2016301 - 01/17/13 07:15 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Rickster Online   content

Loc: Georgia, USA
Jeff, you seem to have a lot of announcements hot of the press lately. I think this one was a little over the top...

Frank would be happy to sell you an ad on PW. It would be a great marketing investment for your business and for Yamaha.

Rick

#2016306 - 01/17/13 07:41 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maryland
Grand Piano Haus - thanks for posting this - I read your post before it was pulled. I prefer digital pianos but sometimes wish I also had an acoustic grand in addition to my digital grand. The SH technology in a C2 or C3 might work for me. Looks like they are already being sold in Europe. BTW, I'm not sure I would have seen this if it had been in an ad.
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes

#2016308 - 01/17/13 07:45 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Grand Piano Haus Offline

Loc: Skokie, IL
Dear Rick and all the PianoWorld.com Moderators,

Thank you for your point. I totally disagree with you. PianoWorld.com is a place for those interested in gaining knowledge or learning about keyboard/hybrid/acoustics/digital related products. I was merely announcing the FACT that Yamaha is expanding their Silent Piano lineup. I have invested before in PianoWorld's advertising with little or no effect.

Thank you,

Jeff Tasch
GPH
Yamaha, Bösendorfer, Steingraeber & Söhne, Kayserburg, Ritmüller, Cable-Nelson, CEUS, Live-Performance model-LX, Disklavier-PRO, Q.R.S. & PianoDisc, AvantGrand, Clavinova, Arius http://www.GrandPianoHaus.com.

#2016315 - 01/17/13 07:57 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
SteveM732 Offline

Loc: Beaverton, OR, USA
I've been looking at the Yamaha U1, NU1, and Silent U1 as I weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each. It is unfortunate that whatever news this was is not allowed to be posted as I probably could have benefited from it.

#2016338 - 01/17/13 09:03 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Norbert Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Surrey, B.C.
Personally I saw nothing wrong about Jeff's post, no hyping just announcing stuff....
The pianos themselves have been on market for a while and have been discussed here before:

http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...ence%20wit.html

Since Grand Piano House are also dealers for Ritmüller, can't wait to hear about their news soon published after next week's NAMM.

Or for that matter, anybody else's newbies.

Now wait a minute - this could be dangerous...

Norbert help

Edited by Norbert (01/19/13 09:05 PM)

#2016342 - 01/17/13 09:05 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]

Originally Posted By: GrandPianoHaus
Dear Rick and all the PianoWorld.com Moderators,

Thank you for your point. I totally disagree with you. PianoWorld.com is a place for those interested in gaining knowledge or learning about keyboard/hybrid/acoustics/digital related products. I was merely announcing the FACT that Yamaha is expanding their Silent Piano lineup. I have invested before in PianoWorld's advertising with little or no effect.

Thank you,

Jeff Tasch
GPH

Hi Jeff,

I made a decision as a moderator, right or wrong, to edit your post… it is not up for debate. With all due respect, you will post a thread here, supposedly, to make a big announcement on PW and then disappear… you rarely ever stick around to elaborate or engage in conversation about your thread; you post the so-called announcement and then move on. That appears to me to be a subtle form of advertising.

And, although this is nothing new, this one just struck me as blatant advertising under the guise of an announcement. I know it is a thin line, but that line does exist.

I’m sorry you disagree with my thoughts on this and I’m sorry you feel your advertising dollars were wasted here. Without someone paying for advertising here on PW, it would not be here for you to make your big announcements.

It is my desire that all the dealer members here are treated fairly and with respect. But it seems that the only time you participate here is when you have a big announcement about the brands you sell.

If I’m off base here, I’m sure Frank or Ken will let me know…

Best regards,

Rick

#2016357 - 01/17/13 09:29 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
leokatero Offline

Loc: Banned
Jeff could forward the info to you and you could post it for him Marty.

#2016366 - 01/17/13 09:45 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: leokatero]

Originally Posted By: leokatero
Jeff could forward the info to you and you could post it for him Marty.

Joining today with a blank profile and few posts, the above seems to be the birth of a sock puppet. I won't even speculate whose hand is firmly inside.

It's unfortunate that the 'National Enquiresque' thread title didn't dissappear also. That was the truly offensive part of the ad.

#2016374 - 01/17/13 09:57 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Minnesota Marty]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Originally Posted By: Minnesota Marty
Joining today with a blank profile and few posts, the above seems to be the birth of a sock puppet. I won't even speculate whose hand is firmly inside.

Actually there's been a couple of posters in the last 3 or 4 days who looked like, well, Turing machine experiments. Short posts, often picking up on phrases from further up the thread. Almost but not quite making sense. I reported them (and when I googled them their user names came up on a couple of forums in common), and they're gone. This one looks like another one. And when I googled it the results were all for a user name in various forums.

So I wonder if someone has written a sneaky little program to steal user names and make posts as a spammy kind of thing, just to see if they can get away with it? Because this one's other posts fit the bill.

So I reported it, too laugh

Cathy

Edited by jotur (01/17/13 10:00 PM)
Edit Reason: take out extraneous quote

#2016376 - 01/17/13 09:59 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Scorchy Offline

Loc: USA
As someone who may buy a Yamaha silent piano in the future, I would have found the original post to my great interest. Unfortunately it has been deleted. If you're here in this thread you must have some interest in the line as well. I believe the moderator is over-stepping his authority on this matter.

#2016384 - 01/17/13 10:08 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]

Scorchy,

The original post contained no information about the silent pianos or mechanism. It was an ad announcing the list of models available with that feature. You can obtain that information from the Yamaha dealer of your choice. The title of this thread contains the most information referrencing that Yamaha expanded the line.

#2016389 - 01/17/13 10:19 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Scorchy]
Ken Knapp Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Scorchy
As someone who may buy a Yamaha silent piano in the future, I would have found the original post to my great interest. Unfortunately it has been deleted. If you're here in this thread you must have some interest in the line as well. I believe the moderator is over-stepping his authority on this matter.

Actually the moderator is well within his authority.

Piano Organ Depot
http://www.pianoorgandepot.com
Hammond Organ Technician
http://www.tonewheeltech.com

#2016408 - 01/17/13 11:07 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Minnesota Marty]
Scorchy Offline

Loc: USA
Fair enough Marty - I did not see the original post. I was comparing this post against the one about a month ago about the CX line that generated similar controversy. I liked the post and was glad it was out there since at the time I was trying to get as much information, sound samples, reviews anything at all on the CX series. Even if it was more of a promotional video I was glad someone pointed it out.

#2016409 - 01/17/13 11:10 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

FWIW, I thought Rick backed up his decision with some pretty good reasons--- a courtesy for the curious.

As for socks--- strictly forbidden on this forum--- I didn't see the posts, but I'll offer an opinion ANYWAY: I still sigh for PianoMadam and her conversations with herself under several ingenious noms de plume with different personalities to go with each bogus account. Unscrupulous, edgy, and even evil though she may have been, she had some pizzazz--- and plenty of brass. It was especially delicious that she was caught in the act by an alert member, and her socks were unfrocked--- in real time, no less; her very words cut-and-pasted, along with the account name she forgot to change when she switched personalities.

I don't think she did her brand any good, but the drama was fun while it lasted; there may be a future for her in white collar crime--- possibly writing fundraising letters for PACs which target the elderly and nervous. But most sock puppets are just tiresome, and are no fun at all. We don't seem to get the silk stocking socks here... so we just have to make do with being ourselves.

Edited by Jeff Clef (01/17/13 11:15 PM)

#2016412 - 01/17/13 11:14 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Furtwangler Offline
1000 Post Club Member

The only real problem I have with this is the hypocrisy of it all.

I could provide many blatant examples of dealer self-promotion if I cared to expend the time and energy, I am sure.

But enough.

#2016419 - 01/17/13 11:37 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]

Originally Posted By: Furtwangler
The only real problem I have with this is the hypocrisy of it all.

I could provide many blatant examples of dealer self-promotion if I cared to expend the time and energy, I am sure.

But enough.

I see no hypocrisy here, Furtwangler; the announcement is still here, alive and well... "*HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup"

Yamaha is among the finest instruments in the world; I own one. smile

Rick

#2016423 - 01/17/13 11:44 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Furtwangler Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I got no problem with you, "Ricky Ricardo"

BABALOOO!

#2016914 - 01/18/13 08:35 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Jeff Clef]
Amaruk Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Jeff Clef

As for socks--- strictly forbidden on this forum--- I didn't see the posts, but I'll offer an opinion ANYWAY: I still sigh for PianoMadam and her conversations with herself under several ingenious noms de plume with different personalities to go with each bogus account. Unscrupulous, edgy, and even evil though she may have been, she had some pizzazz--- and plenty of brass. It was especially delicious that she was caught in the act by an alert member, and her socks were unfrocked--- in real time, no less; her very words cut-and-pasted, along with the account name she forgot to change when she switched personalities.

PianoMadam... For those of you who are curious, the incident Jeff is referring to above happened four years ago to the day almost. Beacon Chris, in the 10th post in the thread, discovered something interesting concerning the OP... Here is the old thread from 2009: Link

#2017139 - 01/19/13 09:02 AM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

With the zillion-page follow-up thread... I had forgotten how overblown things used to get. So many teapots; so many tempests.

At least, she apologized and left town... I guess, ahead of the tar and feathers; otherwise, surely there would have been a photo. "Love the sinner--- hate the sin."

I don't know what happens behind the scenes, but it seems I read that the mods have some means of identifying sock puppets (people who log on with more than one user account, pretending to be different people), and it seems they are gone pretty fast anymore. Anyway, it's not the problem it was. Maybe, with the world of the piano shrinking under our feet--- daily it seems--- we're past the stage of pointing out each others' misdeeds and are paying more attention to cleaning up our own act. I would like to think that. Probably living in a dream world, as usual.

#2017214 - 01/19/13 11:46 AM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Beacon Chris Offline

Loc: Greenwich, CT
Those were the days, lol!

grin grin

BC

Member of the Faust Harrison Pianos sales team.

#2017356 - 01/19/13 03:29 PM Re: Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]
Beacon Chris Offline

Loc: Greenwich, CT

Member of the Faust Harrison Pianos sales team.

#2017452 - 01/19/13 06:22 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Jeff Clef]
Melodialworks Music Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Jeff Clef

. . . I read that the mods have some means of identifying sock puppets (people who log on with more than one user account, pretending to be different people)

Thank you. I was not familiar with the term "sock puppets", and was wondering what it meant, in this context. Goggle doesn't always know the answer . . .
Yamaha NU1 + Production Grand

#2017478 - 01/19/13 07:06 PM Re: *HOT OFF THE PRESS* Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]

Interesting - Now the title of the thread has changed.

#2017516 - 01/19/13 08:34 PM Re: Yamaha Expands Silent Piano Lineup [Re: Grand Piano Haus]

Originally Posted By: Minnesota Marty
Interesting - Now the title of the thread has changed.

Yea, I noticed that too...

Actually, the new and improved title sounds more like an announcement and less like advertising.

Rick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
> Robin Spielberg Playing in Maine! <
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
153 registered (accordeur, 36251, ajames, Aibohphobia, 46 invisible), 1857 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75483 Members
42 Forums
156064 Topics
2291736 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Please Help!!
by OliviaWalter
Today at 01:39 PM
Performing Chopin's preludes
by JoelW
Today at 01:31 PM
Stephen Hough - Advice for talented piano students
by fnork
Today at 12:58 PM
Getting started with MIDI: One question.
by 90SITA
Today at 12:46 PM
Remembering what to play
by kipale
Today at 11:33 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission