Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
109 registered (anamnesis, Anita Potter, accordeur, BB Player, A Guy, 31 invisible), 1460 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Topic Options
#2016823 - 01/18/13 05:15 PM A recording of chopin waltz in A flat major , 69no1 l'adieu
Sampianist Offline

Hallo guys , welcome back again

Sorry for the long absence , had med school final exams ,

Check this waltz , i performed this 16 months after learning piano from the scratch .

Hope you enjoy , waiting for your responses critics and advice.

https://soundcloud.com/samir-ahmed-1/chopin-waltz-in-a-flat-major

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2017649 - 01/20/13 02:36 AM Re: A recording of chopin waltz in A flat major , 69no1 l'adieu [Re: Sampianist]
Sampianist Offline

No one heard it yet ??

#2017741 - 01/20/13 09:28 AM Re: A recording of chopin waltz in A flat major , 69no1 l'adieu [Re: Sampianist]
Greener Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014

Loc: Toronto
I've listened. It is an ambitious work to be learning and presenting after just 16 months on the bench.

Overall, for critique since you have asked, first of all I would say you are doing extremely well with it and good for you.

Oddly enough, I have recently added this one to my line up and do know a bit of what is involved.

Now for the harder stuff and please keep in mind, I am NOT a piano coach, so this is just what I have been coached on myself. Yes, this is "con espressione" with tempo indications in a few spots. I would still suggest getting out Metronome and getting the tempo solid throughout, before venturing off too far with interpretation.

Also, listen to professional recordings (many different ones) for other interpretations.

Just my two cents. Good job with it. And join us on the Classical Sonata Analysis for a closer look at works like this and understanding them better.

Here is one ...

#2017748 - 01/20/13 09:49 AM Re: A recording of chopin waltz in A flat major , 69no1 l'adieu [Re: Sampianist]
UK Paul UK Offline

Loc: Berkshire, England
Well done, more than i can do and i have played a lot longer :-(

#2017771 - 01/20/13 11:04 AM Re: A recording of chopin waltz in A flat major , 69no1 l'adieu [Re: Greener]
Sampianist Offline

Originally Posted By: Greener
I've listened. It is an ambitious work to be learning and presenting after just 16 months on the bench.

Overall, for critique since you have asked, first of all I would say you are doing extremely well with it and good for you.

Oddly enough, I have recently added this one to my line up and do know a bit of what is involved.

Now for the harder stuff and please keep in mind, I am NOT a piano coach, so this is just what I have been coached on myself. Yes, this is "con espressione" with tempo indications in a few spots. I would still suggest getting out Metronome and getting the tempo solid throughout, before venturing off too far with interpretation.

Also, listen to professional recordings (many different ones) for other interpretations.

Just my two cents. Good job with it. And join us on the Classical Sonata Analysis for a closer look at works like this and understanding them better.

Here is one ...

Thank you for your response.. I will definitely join you and i would try to consolidate my tempo

#2017772 - 01/20/13 11:08 AM Re: A recording of chopin waltz in A flat major , 69no1 l'adieu [Re: Sampianist]
Sampianist Offline

Thank you uk paul for your response.. Keep playing and you will definitely get better

#2017875 - 01/20/13 02:52 PM Re: A recording of chopin waltz in A flat major , 69no1 l'adieu [Re: Sampianist]
AshwayGap Offline

Loc: Saddleworth UK
After only 16 months that is very impressive and pleasant. The only thing put me off was the squeaky noise probably from sustain pedal.

#2018065 - 01/20/13 10:31 PM Re: A recording of chopin waltz in A flat major , 69no1 l'adieu [Re: AshwayGap]
Sampianist Offline

Originally Posted By: AshwayGap
After only 16 months that is very impressive and pleasant. The only thing put me off was the squeaky noise probably from sustain pedal.

Yes its the damn sustain frown needs maintenance .

Thank you for your reply

#2018499 - 01/21/13 04:21 PM Re: A recording of chopin waltz in A flat major , 69no1 l'adieu [Re: Sampianist]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I'm just seeing 'waiting for soundcloud' flickering fast, seems there's some prlbem with the link.

#2018741 - 01/22/13 01:44 AM Re: A recording of chopin waltz in A flat major , 69no1 l'adieu [Re: Sampianist]
Sampianist Offline

I jUst rechecked the link . Works fine .

#2018938 - 01/22/13 10:56 AM Re: A recording of chopin waltz in A flat major , 69no1 l'adieu [Re: Sampianist]
timmyab Offline

Loc: Bristol, UK
You've done very well to get it to this stage in such a short space of time!
What I would suggest now is that you do some metronome work to get the tempo even.You'll find that your timing has gone out in places, especially the "con anima" section.If you're not used to working with a metronome then it'll take a while to learn how to use it.There's probably lots of tips on this forum about using them.
Once the tempo is straightened out you can lose the metronome and work on interpretation.The dynamic of the piece is mainly piano, but there's a fantastic opportunity to show off your crescendo skills at the sections marked "poco a poco cresc" which ends with a Sforzando.These sections could almost have been designed as an easy study for learning how to crescendo.And then you have the nice contrasting P to follow.
The 13 and 12 note runs are the most difficult things to get right and require lots of practice to make them light and smooth.

Edited by timmyab (01/22/13 11:05 AM)

#2018998 - 01/22/13 12:29 PM Re: A recording of chopin waltz in A flat major , 69no1 l'adieu [Re: Sampianist]
PianoStudent88 Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
You have good balance between the hands, with RH predominant and LH providing light accompaniment.

I heard no sense of meter at all, much less a waltz.

I would like to hear it sounding lighter and smoother, and with some sense of phrasing. Right now it sounds like an endless succession of notes without much musical meaning.

How long have you been learning this piece?

#2019170 - 01/22/13 05:08 PM Re: A recording of chopin waltz in A flat major , 69no1 l'adieu [Re: Sampianist]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Liverpool, England
Very good for the length of time you've been playing Sam- way beyond what I can play! I like the squeaky pedal by the way.. smile .My dear old Piano's right pedal squeaks when my teacher plays him ( I am not on pedal yet). It's kind of charming. Is your piano antique?

Edited by EdwardianPiano (01/22/13 05:09 PM)

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2021772 - 01/26/13 05:16 PM Re: A recording of chopin waltz in A flat major , 69no1 l'adieu [Re: timmyab]
Sampianist Offline

Originally Posted By: timmyab
You've done very well to get it to this stage in such a short space of time!
What I would suggest now is that you do some metronome work to get the tempo even.You'll find that your timing has gone out in places, especially the "con anima" section.If you're not used to working with a metronome then it'll take a while to learn how to use it.There's probably lots of tips on this forum about using them.
Once the tempo is straightened out you can lose the metronome and work on interpretation.The dynamic of the piece is mainly piano, but there's a fantastic opportunity to show off your crescendo skills at the sections marked "poco a poco cresc" which ends with a Sforzando.These sections could almost have been designed as an easy study for learning how to crescendo.And then you have the nice contrasting P to follow.
The 13 and 12 note runs are the most difficult things to get right and require lots of practice to make them light and smooth.

Thank you .. I will try the metronome again

#2021774 - 01/26/13 05:18 PM Re: A recording of chopin waltz in A flat major , 69no1 l'adieu [Re: PianoStudent88]
Sampianist Offline

Originally Posted By: PianoStudent88
You have good balance between the hands, with RH predominant and LH providing light accompaniment.

I heard no sense of meter at all, much less a waltz.

I would like to hear it sounding lighter and smoother, and with some sense of phrasing. Right now it sounds like an endless succession of notes without much musical meaning.

How long have you been learning this piece?

Three months..

What would you suggest regarding phrasing ?? .. Im pretty naive .

And how can i make it sound like a waltz?

#2021775 - 01/26/13 05:19 PM Re: A recording of chopin waltz in A flat major , 69no1 l'adieu [Re: EdwardianPiano]
Sampianist Offline

Originally Posted By: EdwardianPiano
Very good for the length of time you've been playing Sam- way beyond what I can play! I like the squeaky pedal by the way.. smile .My dear old Piano's right pedal squeaks when my teacher plays him ( I am not on pedal yet). It's kind of charming. Is your piano antique?

Welcome again edward my dear friend..

Its a digital yamaha with F4 sustain

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Weird notation in the left hand
by LarryShone
12/20/14 07:43 PM
Need help picking a Beethoven Piano Sonata Slow movement
by oaklandraiders76
12/20/14 04:50 PM
What are some great ways to learn the blues?
by brucepiano
12/20/14 04:37 PM
Do you recommend a back cover on upright with Dampp-Chaser?
by thestar
12/20/14 03:56 PM
kawai model SA-8E upright
by EthanHawaii
12/20/14 02:28 PM
Forum Stats
77375 Members
42 Forums
160022 Topics
2349953 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission