2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
47 members (Cheeeeee, Dalem01, danno858, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Dfrankjazz, Carey, 7 invisible), 2,073 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 228 of 370 1 2 226 227 228 229 230 369 370
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by zrtf90

The multi-lingual 'twist' was just an extravagance of mine. Not every Englishman is a monoglot. I have been working closely with a multi-lingual helpdesk so I'm used to a wide variety of languages at work. I also have to help my lads with homework in four languages at home. Here in Ireland, English, Irish and one modern European language is compulsory. My lads do French and Spanish. Polish is the second most widely spoken language here. I also read Latin daily, and Italian and German are requisite for the piano canon. It's difficult, sometimes, to restrict myself to one.

I have to declare "irrelevance" at this point, this is Rostoskys serious thread, I am Rostosky, I started this thread in English, and it will remain in English, regardless of any USA citizens inability to speak read or write it.

Both Recaredo and Rupak, have mastered English so exceptionally well, to throw up new and unexpected languages at them is not cricket!

Whatever next "top of the marning to yah?" Spelling and grammatical errors are tolerated AND expected especially if they are funny or inuendos.. Tha knowest it makes sense lad, as they say in yorkshire.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
see how i pretended to mod me own thread there for a moment? lol

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
For example, this is what would happen if we suddenly started talking Yorkshire..

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Good. I'll turn off the spel cheker.

Sandy

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
excellent piround, i have never had mine on!!! you should have seen some of Waynes spellings!! sort of half guess half txt speak!! ( wayne I am talking about you, where on earth are you?)

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
. . . ( wayne I am talking about you, where on earth are you?)

Hmmmmmmm. This is a mystery indeed. We have had at least two theories thus far:

1) Professor Stephen Hawking's Alien abduction Theory.

2) The Devoured by Zombie(s) Theory.

Neither of these have reveled anything substantial. I would therefore like to submit a third theory:

3) The Spontaneous Human Combustion Theory.

There is of course plenty of excellent evidence documenting spontaneous combustion, much of which comes directly from Biblical sources - which are, of course, an infallible fountainhead of moral and factual wisdom.

Originally Posted by The "Good" Book
Num 11:1 And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.

Eze 22:30 - 31 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
Therefore have I poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads, saith the Lord GOD.

Num 16:35 And there came out a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense.

2Ki 1:12 And Elijah answered and said unto them, If I be a man of God, let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And the fire of God came down from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.

Isa:66:15 - 17: For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.
They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

Now based on this this evidence, and assuming the theory is correct, we have an excellent starting point because . . .

1) We know precisely who is responsible for Wayne's disappearance.

2) We also know that Wayne was probably not alone at the time since the perpetrator of this dreadful act clearly likes to consume His victims en masse. Thus it would be prudent to search for other missing persons who are likely to incur such a end. Lets start with anyone who potentially falls under the category of "non-believer" since they seem particularly susceptible to this fate (John 15:6).

3) It tells us that it is possible to save Wayne insofar as there are notable and well documented cases of resurrection (1 Kings 17:17-24, 2 Kings 4:32-37, 2 Kings 13:21, Rev 1:17-18),many of which are not just from the Bible. For instance, certain Greek documents speak of the resurrection of Aristeas of Proconnesus, and indeed the documentation contained in countless other cultures (which also cannot be considered false) gives us solid proof that such miracles are possible. We just need to find a beggar with supernatural powers and a contradictory philosophy - and then Wayne will be as good as new.

HAPPY EASTER!

Last edited by polyphasicpianist; 04/07/12 01:48 AM. Reason: Please note that this was not a joke intended to offend but to provoke some critical thought on the pious aspect of this holiday. You should be no more offended by this than you are towards something like Monty Python's "The Life of Brian.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
That Randy Newman song was a bit of a downer. I think we need a pick-me-up:

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
My favourite spontaneous human combustion story that I frightened myself reading ( and then frightened loads of my mates by reading it to) was of this group of workers on the docks...
Thing is , it was dinner time, and they were eating their lunches, they were sat on the edge of one of the docks, dangling their legs over the side. None of them were smoking nor had they been smoking ciggerettes. They were eating sandwiches ( generally not spontaneously flammable) All of a sudden, one guys leg burst into flame, he didnt notice first, the others did, they pulled him back from the edge of the dock, and extinguished the offending combustable limb.

The probable cause of this has allways evaded me, but with that new information, I can see that divine powers can be directed at folk for a remiss choice of sandwich filler. Maybe the sandwiches in question were constructed by an "unclean" women possibly? ( as defined in the highly entertaining but slightly intimidating "leviticus" not a recomended bedtime story for children, allthough it contains usefull info that informs you what the procedure is should your house develop "green and red spots" )

Or, yet again, maybe the man it happened to had a leg that offended the residents of olympus, maybe the gods thought the man to be on the brink of constructing a sea worthy vessel capable of open ocean voyages, and thought he may be attempting to usurp the golden fleece?

Wayne may be under siege from harpies.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I havent got a bicycle. I used to have one but it was really slow compared to motorbikes and nowhere near as comfy as a car, and I was a lot younger and had more energy.
If I had a bicycle now, I would give it to a non ginger kid, OR, sell it to a charity shop for some tobacco money.

what I definately would not do is risk a heart attack by pedalling anywhere...

If I had a tricycle, I would like to put a V12 engine in it that went very fast.

when I was a kid, my chain used to fall off my tricycle all the time, I think it was stretched or something and too loose. I outgrew it.

Originally Posted by Rostosky
I havent got a bicycle.
If I had a tricycle, I would like to put a V12 engine in it

[Linked Image]

R
R
Where is our beloved Griffin with his Sunday Classical postings??? It's already Sunday 2:35 pm in India smile

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Rupak Bhattacharya
Where is our beloved Griffin with his Sunday Classical postings??? It's already Sunday 2:35 pm in India smile

Rupak, give the poor guy a chance to wake up! smile
Still 7 a.m. here....

I don't care too much for money. For money can't buy me love.
-the Beatles

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Keysangler, thats the one,that would do me just fine!!! Griffin is sleeping in after a very heavy night partying. Thats just a guess, and will probably turn out wrong.
Griffin is probaby busy compiling his sunday posts right now and may even post before I finish this post.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
or not.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I will start off the sunday then...

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
The student and the teacher here together makes this quite interesting? ( but which is which)

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Good morning everyone. Rossy, thanks for getting our Sunday music going. You were right about me being busy compiling my selections for today. As for the speculation of me partying...please!! I've been trying to get my energy back after a very busy week.

Here is my first selection with cello virtuoso Yo-Yo Ma performing the "Cello Concerto No.1 in C" by Franz Josef Haydn with the English Chamber Orchestra.

Movement #1

Movement #2

Movement #3

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Rossy, thanks for posting that recording on Grieg’s piano concerto. Richter is one of my favourite pianists. I'm listening to it, and it's absolutely amazing.

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by polyphasicpianist
That Randy Newman song was a bit of a downer. I think we need a pick-me-up:

Life of Brian is one of the top ten all-time best movies!

[There are still cities and towns around the Western world where showing the film is prohibited!.... and of course, still many countries where it cannot be legally shown at all.]

I'm in the process of replacing old tapes with [mainly second-hand] CDs. I still have a lot to work through. Of course, my old mix-tapes can never be replaced that way: I'll just have to re-create them using Toast or something.

Anyways, here's one I replaced this week. Stone Free, A Tribute to Jimi Hendrix. Perhaps on my mind as Hendrix and Handel used to occupy the same Georgian house in the West End. At different times, of course.

I bought Stone Free many years ago, when it came out. [1993 it says on the insert!] As with all tributes, it's a mixed bag, but on the whole good.

I'm a lover of good cover versions, and have done many mix-tapes entitled 'Version Excursion'. I love a cover that respects the material but turns it into something new and unexpected. A cover that is in itself original, that perhaps in some way surpasses the original, or at least adds to it.

Now, I expect Buddy Guy to do something very bluesy and faithful [which he does with Red House], I expect The Pretenders to cover Bold As Love in a certain way, and I pretty much know what The Cure is going to do with Purple Haze, and Pat Metheny with Third Stone too. For me, the fun stuff on this version excursion was stuff like P.M. Dawn covering You Got Me Floatin'.

It's rocky *and* funky. It's a re-invention. It's - in the eyes and ears of some - better than the original. From a rather unexpected source. And that's what a great cover is all about. It's pretty much the only reason I replaced the tape with a CD.

Is there a book called 'the art of the cover version'? If not, maybe I should write one.

Currently working on: F. Couperin - Preludes & Sweelinck - Fantasia Chromatica
J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
1930s upright (piano) & single manual William Foster (harpsichord)
[Linked Image]

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Oh boy! This is going to be a very eclectic day of postings! I love that. Eglantine, I'm on my iPad and can't view your posting or Rossy's. I'll have to wait until I get to my desktop PC.

Anyways, I'm forging ahead with my Sunday Classical postings. I thought it would fun to hear some old madrigal music. Here is "Sing We and Chant It," by English composer Thomas Morley.

Carl

Page 228 of 370 1 2 226 227 228 229 230 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission