2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
61 members (danno858, AlkansBookcase, dbudde, eleos, David B, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, 13 invisible), 1,827 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2018574 01/21/13 08:19 PM
peterws Offline OP
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Now then. Your capabilities require something other than a cheap-o s/h honkytonk. But your Bank Account enables the acquisition of that long sought after must have can`t live without it good looking piece of wood and metal that will simply not take "No!" for an answer.

So you defy the Comptroller of the Family Houseold, act like a Man, (albeit Neanderthal) and you darned well buy it!

YES! Yes! It is an Organic (orgasmic) product, and you spend hours improving your stock, because you have the impetus to do so.

And then . . . .Along came Joe. Slow walkin` Joe. With news that your favoured manufacturer had brought out a new model. And it was better. MUCH better . . . .NOT news that was good.

And the music? What about the music?

Last edited by peterws; 01/22/13 12:26 PM.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Pete, I have no idea what you are talking about half the time! grin

W
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
W
Ando, what about the music, that's what I say, what about the music?

Ian Russell
Schiedmayer & Soehne, 1925 Model 14, 140cm
Ibach, 1905 F-IV, 235cm

Unobtanium Supporter until Jun 020 2020
3000 Post Club Member

3000 Post Club Member
Clarity is good.

[Linked Image]

"Don't let the devil fool you -
Here comes a dove;
Nothing cures like time and love."

-- Laura Nyro
B
B
Let's see....are you talking about the CAS (Chronic Acquisition Syndrome)? It usually afflicts DP users and is (to this day) incurable. I believe most of the posters in the DP forum are afflicted with it.

The only solution is to succumb. As someone once said, 'I can resist anything except temptation' (Oscar Wilde).

If music be the food of love, play on!
R
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
R
The OP raises an interesting point. It highlights one of the disadvantages of buying a digital piano--an instrument that is a computer. The last time I bought a computer, I was warned by the sales staff not to check on anything new, because there was always something better, if not the next minute or the next day day, then the next week, month, or whatever, and I would end up dissatisfied with what I had bought.

I guess the same applies to digital pianos--since they are computers, there is always something better just around the corner.

3000 Post Club Member

3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rank Piano Amateur
The OP raises an interesting point. It highlights one of the disadvantages of buying a digital piano--an instrument that is a computer. The last time I bought a computer, I was warned by the sales staff not to check on anything new, because there was always something better, if not the next minute or the next day day, then the next week, month, or whatever, and I would end up dissatisfied with what I had bought.

I guess the same applies to digital pianos--since they are computers, there is always something better just around the corner.

Maybe. There appears to be the beginning, now, of some division between "hardware" and "software" functions of DPs. If that really takes off, the dynamic you describe may change significantly -- though it will never disappear. Heck, it hasn't disappeared even for acoustic pianos, which continue to develop, though much more slowly than happens in the DP world.

[Linked Image]

"Don't let the devil fool you -
Here comes a dove;
Nothing cures like time and love."

-- Laura Nyro
peterws Offline OP
OP Offline
I did place this on the DP forum too, as I think both categories are equally affected. But I forgot to delete the "DP" bit at the bottom for this section (!)(done it now)

I`m surprised - folk actually agree wi me!! Chronib Aquisition Syndrome says it all really. But with AP`s, the price is toooo high. Which makes the product even more desireable . . . .

I`ve been told "Chopsticks" sounds great on a Bosendorfer. . . Oscar, please oblige . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
B
B
For electronic stuff and gadgets, it's usually the male of the species that suffer from CAS. (The female of the species also catch CAS, but of a different sort).

Which is why anything with mutiple flashing lights, lots of knobs and dials and levers to twiddle, and lots of holes to plug things into will find the male specimen of homo sapiens gathered around it (as will undoubtedly occur with the forthcoming NAMM).

Me, I just play the piano. Albeit one with one LED screen and a few red lights wink .
It's all about the music.

If music be the food of love, play on!

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission