Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2018711 - 01/22/13 12:23 AM Hailun Pianos
Colegirl99 Offline

I have been reading a lot about Hailun pianos on this forum recently, but I still have questions about them. First: are they high quality pianos? Second: what are the prices for the 151 and the 161? The bluebookofpianos says that they are around $9,000 and 10,000 respectively. But I have heard that the bluebookofpianos tends to be off by quite a bit... I plan to call the nearest dealer and see what their prices are ASAP, buy I would like to know what price to shoot for. Thanks

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#2018725 - 01/22/13 12:55 AM Re: Hailun Pianos [Re: Colegirl99]
beethoven986 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Define high quality. They are among the best Chinese-built pianos currently available, and offer great value, but they are not what one would generally consider a performance-grade piano, like Steinway. That said, there is no reason why someone who is considering a Yamaha or Kawai shouldn't look at them. Also, many dealers (probably most) will not give you prices over the phone. Refer to pianobuyer.com for approx pricing.
Certified Dampp-Chaser installer

#2018736 - 01/22/13 01:28 AM Re: Hailun Pianos [Re: beethoven986]
Colegirl99 Offline

I definitely do not mean Steinway quailty, I just do not want major issues, and sound problems, ect. I am currently looking at both Kawai and Yamaha. I have received several prices over the phone recently. The only reason I need the prices over the phone is that I live about 2 hrs away from the nearest dealer and do not want to drive all the way to the dealer if the pianos are out of my price range.

#2018757 - 01/22/13 02:41 AM Re: Hailun Pianos [Re: Colegirl99]
beethoven986 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Colegirl99
I definitely do not mean Steinway quailty, I just do not want major issues, and sound problems, ect. I am currently looking at both Kawai and Yamaha. I have received several prices over the phone recently. The only reason I need the prices over the phone is that I live about 2 hrs away from the nearest dealer and do not want to drive all the way to the dealer if the pianos are out of my price range.

I don't think you will have any major issues with these pianos. They are nicely designed and manufactured. They are very popular on these forums, as well. You can look up the prices on PianoBuyer.com, but Hailun is less expensive than Kawai and Yamaha by a fair amount.
Certified Dampp-Chaser installer

#2018778 - 01/22/13 03:42 AM Re: Hailun Pianos [Re: Colegirl99]
musicpassion Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: California, USA
Originally Posted By: Colegirl99

If I were shopping for Yamaha or Kawai I would certainly be looking at Hailun also. My personal opinion is that the tonal quality and touch is better on the Hailun than the lower level offerings from Yamah or Kawai (G-series)

Does a Hailun measure up to tier one instruments? No, but at that price we shouldn't expect them to.

#2018786 - 01/22/13 03:52 AM Re: Hailun Pianos [Re: Colegirl99]
ando Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I wasn't so excited by the smaller Hailuns, but the 178 is really outstanding value and not much more expensive than the smaller models you mentioned. It is a lot of piano for the money. Honestly, I liked the Hailun 178 more than I liked the Kawai RX2 and Yamaha C2.

#2018805 - 01/22/13 04:54 AM Re: Hailun Pianos [Re: Colegirl99]
electone2007 Offline

Loc: Philippines
Are they high quality pianos?

I have a three month old 178. Touch is comparable if not better compared to a Yamaha or Kawai. Tone is warm and sweet, just exactly how I want it.

If you look closely at the finish it's not as good as Yamaha or Kawai. But you really have to look closely.

For under half the price of a similar size Yamaha or Kawai, it's really value for money.

#2018852 - 01/22/13 08:21 AM Re: Hailun Pianos [Re: Colegirl99]
Morodiene Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
I also have heard lots of good things about Hailun, although I have yet to play one. When I am in the market to buy another upright piano, however, I will consider them on my list. You should call the dealer and ask the prices they are going for before you make the trip. The $9-10k seems a bit high for those - I think the local dealer quoted $7k (but on sale for $5900), but I don't recall the model. It was a studio upright as that is all I was interested in buying.
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#2019111 - 01/22/13 03:22 PM Re: Hailun Pianos [Re: Morodiene]
Colegirl99 Offline

Thank you all. Unfortunately the only sizes that will fit are the 151 and the 161. I am will be calling the dealer today. The only other pianos I would be looking at are gm-10 gm-12 and gb1.

#2019200 - 01/22/13 06:07 PM Re: Hailun Pianos [Re: Morodiene]
PianoWorksATL Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted By: Morodiene
The $9-10k seems a bit high for those - I think the local dealer quoted $7k (but on sale for $5900), but I don't recall the model. It was a studio upright as that is all I was interested in buying.
The OP is asking about grand models, not uprights. That would change your pricing expectations.

The Piano Buyer is the only source of pricing that gets industry support. The "blue book of pianos" is not a reliable source. Like so many things online, it has enough general truth mixed in to sound good. Most of the time it is simply outdated or under-researched, but there are some complete inaccuracies contained within.

YouTube Demo of Hailun model 151
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
134 registered (ajames, aDino, Alex1, Abby Pianoman, anotherscott, anamnesis, 37 invisible), 1722 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75584 Members
42 Forums
156280 Topics
2295166 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha DGX650 - looking for an alternative! Need advice
by Karinioza
07/30/14 11:51 AM
Piano oriented film soundtracks/scores.
by aDino
07/30/14 11:21 AM
Help with dynamics
by noobpianist90
07/30/14 03:53 AM
Using Kawai MP6 faders/knobs with virtual instruments?
by chicolom
07/30/14 02:35 AM
Coming up with new compositional methods.
by gsmonks
07/30/14 01:58 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission